IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - hey heres an idea!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hey heres an idea!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hey heres an idea!
    Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:48am
 The president of Iran fresh off the "Israel should be wiped off the map" has come up with a new idea "Move Israel to Europe." thus putting Jerusalem in Muslim hands.now I realize Jerusalem is holy to Muslims as well to Christians and Jews. But realize this....To Christians and Jews Jerusalem is the equivalent of Mecca. So why should why should Israel unhand the holiest city in their faith so Muslims can have Mecca, Medina, and Jerusalem too? So how about this idea........ Lets move Israel. This time Israel will give up its holy city to the Muslims. In return the new Israel should include mecca. That way every denomination loses its holiest city. Besides Israel has as much claim to Mecca as it does to Europe.None
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:58am

The beauty of Jerusalem is that it belongs to all the faithful because The Lord declared it and it's surroundings as holy. The only way is peace, and peace can only exist when it is made through Him. Especially in a place like Jerusalem, He is a jelous God as is said in the old testament so people should realize it is impossible to have true peace there aslong as they turn to others then Him(His laws and commands also) for a sollution(peace).

kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:51am
Yes! Too bad we all just couldn't "share"the place. Christ said "There will be wars and rumors of wars" until he returns. I guess us mortals need something to fight about. 
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:16am

Originally posted by kenski70 kenski70 wrote:

To Christians and Jews Jerusalem is the equivalent of Mecca.

Just curious to know how does Jerusalam is holy to my Christian brothers as Mecca is to Muslims? I mean, Mecca is holy to Muslims through multiple ways. Which way is this analogy for my Christian brothers?

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:17am

to me what matters is the people who can share the place. And yes war is part our humanity still. Had not The Lord checked one people with the other the corruption would have spoiled the earth and no churches synagogs or mosques would have remained standing.

Edited by Community
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:25am

It would definitely be interesting to know the response from my Christian brothers.

Secondly, sharing is not what is called Justice. However, it is totally a different thing when it comes to ground realities, though, they are changed through forcefull means over the passage of time. It is exactly through this means that Israel is changing the ground realities, day by day, through persistant persecution of the habitants of the land. Nevertheless, its totally a different topic and don't want to divert from the main issue.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:42am
kenski70-can you please read my post to you under guy marraige? Thanks
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:47am

Just curious to know how does Jerusalem is holy to my Christian brothers as Mecca is to Muslims? I mean, Mecca is holy to Muslims through multiple ways. Which way is this analogy for my Christian brothers?

I guess a better way to put it is Jerusalem is the holiest city for Christians and Jews. Mecca is the holiest for Muslims. lets say someone told both of us as equals to write down the holiest city in their faith. Our answers may be different. Does that mean wrong? No, it means that our individual faiths says "that one." Jerusalem compared to Mecca is comparing apples to oranges. But both are #1 answers depending on who you ask. Don't think those Jews in Israel don't consider the Wailing Wall special. To the point that they feel its more special than the Kaaba or the Cross. Because they do.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic