IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Social consequences of a religion?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Social consequences of a religion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:15am

alwardah i cant argue nor disagree with what u have said, seeing that u have backed ip up with irrefutable proof. it just goes to show that in moments of weakness and anger, i blurted out stuff and cursed this man and then said bad things about Muslims, when i myself am muslim too. its unacceptable and i have nothing more to say about my own behaviour in this whole issue. i shouldnt have even brought it up cos its not in my place to expose his wrongdoing. i was mad and needed to vent but thats no excuse. it takes a high level of imaan to do what u have stated above alwardah and thats what we as muslims should strive towards. its not always easy, but its worth it.

to go against ones desires for revenge and retribution and forgive a wrongdoer and patiently endure....thats very difficult and i havent reached that level yet. i aspire towards it, but im still far from it.

"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:51am

As'salamualaikum WA Rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

It seems to me that Rookaiya expressed all her anguish about the one who cheated her, over Alwardah.

Rookaiya just remember that even we been a human. must have commited sins be it knowingly or unknowingly. Lets learn to forgive others.I know its difficult for u. Don't you remember the hadith that if we forgive someone then even our sins are firgiven by Allah SWT,on the day of judgement. Yes, unless you forgive him, he accountable for his act. But once when u forgive him JUST  EXPERIENCE THE HAPPINESS IN YOUR HEART. You will feel as an happiest soul. since you are doing this only for the sake of Allah. I would like to thank Alwardah for her beautiful reminder too. Especially the lines

Good behaviour towards other human beings is a right upon each other. As Muslims we should have more refined manners, but we don�t, because we are not practising our Islamic duties in the true spirit .

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
mohammad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:10am

Seekshideyath Wrote

Rookaiya just remember that even we been a human. must have commited sins be it knowingly or unknowingly. Lets learn to forgive others.I know its difficult for u. Don't you remember the hadith that if we forgive someone then even our sins are firgiven by Allah SWT,on the day of judgement. Yes, unless you forgive him, he accountable for his act. But once when u forgive him JUST  EXPERIENCE THE HAPPINESS IN YOUR HEART. You will feel as an happiest soul. since you are doing this only for the sake of Allah.

Bro. We can get the happiness on forgiving the other mistakes only when some one realize that he/ she cheated some one, and seeking for the forgiveness from him or her. Otherwise if some one do the wrong and still standing on his wrong doing, and we move to forgive his/ her cheat ness, it will not put any positive impact on his / her character/ behave until he / she not realized what they did it was wrong. in some cases it will impact reverse and might be cheater or robber get courage that if i will do again same no on will ask me but simply they will forgive like prior.

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:13am

As Salamu Alaikum

I am not generalizing but if you think me doing that will shake some out of their slumber so be it.

Brother SignReader no one will wake up from their slumber you just gave more ammunition to our enemies. Alhamdulillah! You did realize that what has happened has happened thru the Will of Allah.

Sister Rookaiya, we all need to vent sometimes. I type a long letter to myself and then delete it. No one gets hurt.

In the West, that is: the government, the schools, the pension system, the supermarkets, the banks, et cetera. These things attract so much trust, that they simply must collapse. All things that are taken for granted, are the first and foremost candidates for blowing up in our face, exactly because they are so trusted. That kind of trust can only last for some time, before it becomes completely abused.

Sister/brother Crass I total agree with your statement, but not only in the west, in the east, north, south everywhere- globally.

This is a reminder to myself firstly and then to everyone else. Maybe, just maybe we are forfeiting our rights before Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala on the Day of Judgment. Maybe just maybe Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala will tell us �What rights are you claiming against so and so, you already took your rights by writing about him on the IC Forum.�

Can we take that chance? Do we really know what is awaiting us when we meet our Lord? Do we know how many of our deeds, which we regard as good deeds (Our Salah, our Siyam, our Zakat) have being accepted by Allah. Those who usurped our rights, financially or otherwise, will definitely pay and we will be recompensed for it, there not here. For me Rather there (in the Hereafter) than here.

All I ask you, dear brothers and sisters think before destroying yourselves and the Ummah with you.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala show His Mercy on us, and keep us on the Path that pleases him. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:40am

its hard to be a good muslim. to forgive those who have wronged u and are still arrogant about it and they dont even seek your forgiveness. i have a hard heart and im trying my best to soften it up

theres someone who wronged me so badly 3 years ago and i cant find it in myself to forgive her. its cos shes so arrogant about how she destroyed my marriage and she goes around bragging about what shes done. i just cant forgive her. to add insult to injury, she sent me an email insulting me and telling me all sorts of wicked stuff. i was so mad. thinking of her makes me mad. i want to let go of the anger cos its hurting me too. how do i forgive someone who shows no remorse. im at a loss. im even ashamed to admit that when i pray i wish her ill for all that she has and is currently putting me through

how does on get their heart to soften when its filled with pain and anger and  a need for vengence.

Edited by rookaiya
"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6
mohammad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 6:16am

Alwardah

His going for Haj has nothing to do with his honesty or dishonesty, that is an invitation from Allah and he has to answer only to Allah for his misconduct in this world, and the acceptance of his Haj or any other religious duties is between him and His Lord. It has nothing absolutely nothing to do with you.

Sister Allah is never giving the invitation of such kind of black sheep who are cheating, who are getting the money by sucking the blood of poor people and doing many hajjs to show that they are very  religious  and having the fear of Allah, they are not going for hajj but u can say for picnic. U right that what ever a person is doing this is the case between him and his lord. But if some one cladding himself by the religiosity and deceive some one like happened with Bro. Sign Reader, then this case will not only between Allah and the subjected but also involved the others, then what Alllah says that I can forgive u if u play foul with my obligations but I will not forgive if u  do wrong with other human until the particular affecting will not forgive.  

u said that nothing doing his honesty or dishonesty with the hajj, this is not right concept, it is worst if some one bearing beard on his face, doing five time prays, going hajjs but after all he is deliberately involving to cheating the people, he is not cheating any one but Allah Almighty. Bcz one sided he is promising with his lord during different worships that i will not do any thing which u forbid and the next moment he is doing all which is prohibited.

U know why we Muslim going to down day by day only for due to hypocrisy, we are not doing what we are saying. I am not generalizing but majority of us. Alas  

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 9:38am

As Salamu Alaikum

How do you claim your rights from someone?

1. Confront him and claim your rights from directly from him.

2. You can try legal action against him. But today even in a court of law the guilty are always rewarded and the victims are further victimised.

3. Or you tell the person who has usurped your rights that you are deferring your claims to the Higher Court on the Day of Judgment, where no injustice will occur. You don�t tell him I am forgiving you. Or the contrary you remind him that sooner or later he has to settle your claim. Remind him also that for him it will be better in this world, now. If he still refuses then let the matter be, your reward awaits you with Allah.

Forgiving someone for Allah�s Sake is in the heart and Allah knows your intention and He will reward you with something better both in this world and in the Hereafter.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 9:49am

As Salamu Alaikum

Sister Rookaiya May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala bless you with Sabr Ameen!

I know it is very difficult to forgive someone, Insha Allah I pray that the more you study the different aspects of the Qur'an and Sunnah, your heart will become very forgiving. Work on making yourself a better Muslimah both inside and out. My Duas are with you.

Brother Mohammad, I don�t think you have read my other posts. Whatever happens in our lives is by the Will of Allah? You say that Allah does not invite such people there then you are denying Allah�s Decree.

We are so busy judging people by our standards we fail to realise that we are also being judged by others by their standards.

U know why we Muslim going to down day by day only for due to hypocrisy, we are not doing what we are saying. I am not generalizing but majority of us. Alas 

I think I already mentioned the reason why we are going down and down. We don�t fear Allah anymore.

Wa Alaikum Salam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic