IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2006 at 2:21am

manny40,

Islam is not a violent religion. Please learn Islam from appropriate sources. You will find many links on the home page of this web site. You may also purchase a book "Islam in focus" by Hammudah Abdalati. You will find that Islam is the religion of peace and surrender to God.

Good luck,

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 3:01am
Originally posted by manny40 manny40 wrote:

Why arent any of you condeming whats going on right now?? i am a black male tryin to understand why islam is such a violent religion.

dont lie you are a red-neck who hates Islam, If you dont have anythin to contribute then please go away. take your anger out by joining US military.

Edited by ak_m_f
manny40 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 1:34am
Why arent any of you condeming whats going on right now?? i am a black male tryin to understand why islam is such a violent religion.
Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 12:10pm

Dear Exeuprey wrote:

This is interesting. So The Medina Jews accepted Mohammed PBUH kindly when he ran away from Mecca?   But what happened to them then? I heard that Jews were expelled from Arabia Territory then.

Brother this is not true. First of all Prophet did not run from Mecca to Medina. He was granted permission to go to Medina to establish an Islamic state once his teaching had earned a signifient number of desciples. If he had to run he would have not waited for 13 years and would have done so in the initials years of his persecution. The tribes of Madina who were pagans of Arab did accepted the Prophet as their head.

The Jews of Medina neither accepted him or showed enimity with him. Therefore a treaty of co-existance was signed between Muslims and the Jews known as "MISAAQ E MADINA" or the treaty of madina.

This was also later on extended and signed by the tribes of Mecca. Just after about 2 years the Jews and the Tribes of Mecca conspired and broke the treaty by attacking the Muslim tribes. Why?? Because they could not hold on to the conversions.

It was then that the Jews were expelled from Medina and Mecca was captured without any blood shed. The incident is also refered to in Ch-9 of the Quran.

Shams Zaman 

pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:04pm
Mr. Choong is a graduate lawyer. I guess he is just making some money to survive in New York. Other than being a lousy lawyer, he became an acute business reverend instead.

Note to Servetus:
Malaysia is a multi-racial country. Where do you stand if you always have this Christian condemning Islam or Christian changes the history of Islam? If is it not reported where do you see this "you called a minor factual error" will land?   

As Buddhism reminds that ignorance is the root to all causes.
The religion is a very sensitive issue here in Malaysia. We do not bad mouth about other religion through comparison. What's more to say that Mr. Choong is from Malaysia. The government of Malaysia has the rights to know what is he doing.

This isn't a minor error. He preaches and changes about another religion. Especially Islam where now the whole world is eyeing at Islamic country for the crime that terrorists had committed through using Islam as a symbolical group.

Edited by pauline35
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 3:59pm

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

hahaha...any special discount for non-muslim?

I wrote to Mr. Choong, asking him to be sensitive and also, to hire a PROOF READER before he publishes anything relating to religion.

Unfortunately, he is egoistic in his stand and claiming that were the factuals. Well! If he comes to Malaysia, he might be hold up by the ISA(Internal Security Act) department.

This is a sensitive issue in Malaysia. Although I am not a muslim, I felt terrible over what he published because he barely got the information right about Buddhism too.

In real life the kind of person like Mr Choong have never advanced the ideology he is trying to promote. This method which is the opposite of truth can not succeed, it a mysterious kind of thing:

---------------falsehood is ever bound to vanish. (17:81) 

Maybe Mr Choong is a new bloke in the game - who is still learning to familiar himself with the twist and turn of the spiritual worlds? or maybe he chasing after fame, glory and money?

Or askest thou a fee from them so that they are plunged in debt? (52:40)

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 3:20pm

Is it customary, in Malaysia, to report someone who publishes with minor factual errors to the authorities?  Ouch!  That must put a damper on certain types of literature.  (By the way, Pauline35, and if it is a factor in this discussion, I am a non-Muslim as well.)

Servetus 

Edited by Servetus
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 9:51am
Exactly, I have posted a note to the Malaysian government on this issue. I believe the government will contact the ACT soon as the founder is also a Malaysian.

There was this saying i.e. those who condemn other religion just to promote their religion are injuring their own religion.

This saying is so true. Even though I am not a muslim, I felt offended by Mr. Choong's statement for I feel he is making money through publishing inaccurate facts and changes the history of religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic