IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I just dont understand  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I just dont understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tracy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 2:53am

Originally posted by Saido Saido wrote:

People have to realize that if a Muslim makes a mistake, all Muslims neither any Muslim leader are responsible for it. Everyone should be judged to what they do, not what someone from their community has done. So please stop blaming mosques and Muslim clerics for everything. 

OH I have realised and I  Do NOT!!!! in any way blame the mosques or Muslim Clerics for everything! sadly in all communities there are a few bad apples In fact in my local community we have had Evil priests in the local catholic community - a very famous case of Father Clonan being a predatory paedophile , he left the country leaving a lot of damaged young men to pick up the pieces of their lives and still people in the church are in denial that he could do such things.  The point I am making is :- I do not blame the community , I do not blame the church for his behaviour what I do know and has come to light is  people turned a blind eye about him over many years the fact here in the UK there are Radical Imams - Finsbury Park Mosque comes to mind and if the people turn a blind eye and deny what they know or suspect is going on and keep it locked in , these people are given a platform , a position of trust and to deny that some have been abusing that position is quite frankly ignorant to the current situation that is happening here and now in the UK.  The Muslim Council of Great Britian have recognised there is a problem , many community leaders have stood up and been counted and accepted there is a problem , my initial comment was aimed at Jo Bloggs, me and you and the man on the street to be aware and dont let it happen around us. 

Yes we are all accountable for our own actions and should know the difference between right and wrong , These suicide bombers actually believe they are doing the right thing and that Allah is going to praise them for their deeds , somebody somewhere is sowing these seeds into their brains. 

Please dont think I am tarring all muslims and mosques with the same brush to do so you have missed my point entirley and if I have not articulated my point clearly enough I apologise.       

Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:53pm
 People have to realize that if a Muslim makes a mistake, all Muslims neither any Muslim leader are responsible for it. Everyone should be judged to what they do, not what someone from their community has done. So please stop blaming mosques and Muslim clerics for everything. 
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:32am
Sister i was once in your shoes; when i found islam I knew that it was what I had been looking for.
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:32am

Originally posted by tracy tracy wrote:

I dont know what I am  

You are a human being  

but that is an assumption of mine because you could be an alien from outerspace  

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

This has nothing to do with any teachings at the mosques or anywhere else.

of course it has to with the teachings at the mosques, if it was anywhere else do you think it would be allowed ?

It has been noted here where I live that shieks and leaders of community (NOT ALL) tend to come from overseas with their radical, extremists views preach hatred of the country and the way of life in mosques.

There are overseas lecturers that come to universities to speak to the student muslim communities and also preach extreme views. 

While the government has and continues to plead with the moderate muslim community to help get rid of these extremists, nothing really happens, it is the muslims job also to help their own from falling, why do muslims don't go up against their own, especially if they know they are in the wrong and teaching wrongfully, afterall it is the kids that fall and suffer.

Quote It's just a sad desperate inhumane reaction to something which can be tackled otherwise. Together, we will fix this ailment. Only we can, the Downing Street can't 

You do realise that terrorism strikes anywhere not just Downing street.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 6:53pm
I agree with Whisper and I echo that sentiment. I believe the mosque that preach hate and to kill the non-believer (regardless whther they are innocent are not) is ignorance. Its ignoranc eof spirituality and its ignorance of doctrine. Mankind will always taint holy doctrine with subjective interpretation and its because of this reality, ignorant scholars will use the literal meanings of Quranic doctrine to create their own purpose. To me, to destroy the epidemic of fanaticism doesn't just start with our own way of thinking it starts with everyone involved. It starts also with the people who think this way. Unfortunately its getting to the point where to control fanatical Imams we need governmental control on them.
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

This has nothing to do with any teachings at the mosques or anywhere else. It's just a sad desperate inhumane reaction to something which can be tackled otherwise. Together, we will fix this ailment. Only we can, the Downing Street can't 

Whisper, are you sure about that? There seems to be some evidence that some mosques in UK are indulging in hate mongering. This denial is what is causing the entire muslim community to be tarred with a single brush. That's why I keep calling for introspection.

Human

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 3:47pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Whisper, Mashallah.  May Allah reward you well for you response to Tracy.  Jazak Allah.  I totally agree with you!

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic