IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Words of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Words of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Words of Jesus
    Posted: 09 November 2006 at 2:19pm
Assalamualikum. I see the same problem here as with Mr.StephenC. You cannot expect to reach a solution based on two different principles. Non-muslims are putting forward their arguments based on their principles, and we muslims are doing the same. You cannot apply the laws of physics inside the black hole. First of all we need to come to a consensus that we will accept only the truth, from a neutral perspective. Our personal viewpoints which are strongly influenced by religious values should be set aside temporarily while searching for the truth. If we all start from zero, then the really real truth seekers are bound to agree on a single viewpoint. Please read my topic " the simplest reason to believe in islam."
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 10:40am
jacques4173

Memorization shows dedication, but it does not show knowledge. I believe the New Testament is shorter then the Koran and is therefore easier to memorize. So what. I even heard some Muslims memorize the Koran in Arabic which they do not even speak. No knowledge can come from that.

However, unlike Christianity, Islam has a tradition of both civil and criminal law. It is based the Koran and Hadith. This law, often called Sharia, has a long history. Accordingly, if I were a Muslim, I would consult with high level Sharia Law experts concerning important matters, not some local "Imam" who has gained some measure of local authority but may have little or no scholarly background in Islamic Jurisprudence.

For instance, in recent times some Imams have counceled their congregations to take to the streets in actions that are clearly illegal even to non-Muslims. Specifically, NO PERSON may be punished without Sharia trial. Accused persons might lawfully be apprehended by Muslim citizens, for instance, for apostacy. But those citizens are clearly prohibited from vigilante actions of punishment. To do so would itself be against Sharia law.

This is something that has seemingly been neglected by those who take military action into their own hands. For instance, by what Sharia Court Order did the Indonesian Muslims bomb the Bali hotels? These are not idle questions. Is Sharia a legal system of courts, jurists, and laws? If so, let us know who these jurists are, and under what authority they practice.

Your local Imam is subject to these same laws and has no authority of his own to impose his own ideas on these matters. IMHO he must identify an appropriate Sharia court and submit to its authority, not impose his own.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 10:44am

Edited by Hanan
jacques4173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacques4173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 9:33pm
Thank you soo much for your advice, maybe I will do that while he's gone back to his country for a while. Thanks again.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 8:11pm

Edited by Hanan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacques4173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:59pm
Hanan, we try to stop discussing it to prevent arguing but I find out things on this site and I tell him or he pops in an Imam reciting the Quaran. we try to avoid it because of his attitude but it's like he can't help to bring up something and i'm very inquisitive and that's where the attitude comes in. also my mother is a Christian Pastor of her own church and holds a doctorate degree in Theology, graduated Magna Cum Laude, so to me she is a scholar and he doesn't consider her one. and that's fine that's his opinion which is ok. Also he thinks because she hasn't memorized the whole Bible she isn't a scholar. And because when she teaches she references the chapters and scriptures of the Bible. I want to see everything for myself I don't care who is reciting something or telling me something, I want to see it with my own 2 eyes because people are human and they make mistakes, also we got into it about that and he asked me what kind of faith do we have if we listen to the preacher and we reference what they are discussing in the Bible. Bringing me to a point where we had a major heated argument about memorization and scholar and faith and he was listening to an Imam on cd and told me the Imam said birth control was a sin. So i asked him did he see that in the Quaran and he said no I don't have to, if the Imam said it that's it. That's where I said so what??? if my mom tells me something just cause she's my mom doesn't make her special I need to see it for myself, and when she is preaching that's exactly what she says. Everyone get out your Bible because I don't want you saying I said anything, I want you to see what the word said for yourself. And I find that it's not a sin based on plenty of answers on this site and told him, this is exactly why you need to read for yourself! It's hard not to discuss it with him because he's my boyfriend and we love each other and he's trying to show me a better way but his attitude sucks when I don't instantly agree. I don't know how to approach and Imam if I were to go to a Mosque, I wouldn't want to be disrespectful in anyway.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 2:12pm

Edited by Hanan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacques4173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 11:09am
Jesus spoke Aramaic, and yes there are Aramaic bible I'm told. I'm going to research this to see if original text/information has been altered. Thanks to my boyfriend, I did come into the realization that Christians (i don't call myself one because I'm not living my life right, but that is the way I believe) for the most part all use the same Bible, however you can go to several different churches and they aren't preaching or teaching the same thing. And they should be if they are all reading from the same word that God sent. Everyone is not on one accord. Some don't believe in the Holy spirit, some don't believe in speaking in other tongues, some don't believe woman can wear pants, or makeup the list goes on but everyone is teaching from the same Bible. I finally got it yesterday and told min he was absolutely right that there is something wrong with that. So I am really learning a lot. I still have tons of questions and posed one to my boyfriend last night but he gets soo pissed off talking about this Religion because he tells me something and I don't just say ok I ask questions and pose different scenarios and he gets a bad attitude. I have a question: From what my boyfriend has told me and IMAM is a scholar right? I agree with that, because they have been very well educated and have studied and memorized the Quaran. Now his main thing is that they memorized the Quaran, which is a GREAT feat in itself. But he seems to be held in a regard that he is perfect and no one is. Also I was saying that we have thousands of Scholars around the world. If you get a PH.D or Doctorate degree in any field you are considered a scholar. And you don't have to memorize your text to be a scholar and the schooling for obtaining your PH.D is not easy. My boyfriend kept saying that they don't do any wrong, they don't sin, and they would never ask for anything in this life, or take any gift from people. This is the issue I have with this, first of all NO man/woman is perfect and the Devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He will come and tempt all, no one is exempt period. I don't feel that every single Imam on this earth does not/has not commit a sin or get tempted by the Devil, simply because we are all human and we occupy a fleshly body. We are to repent for any sin we commit or evil thought even if we didn't carry out an action. He's telling me no one is perfect but like 99% will NEVER sin period. Well that would mean they are perfect to me? And he says they are way up here and everyone else is beaneath them. What are your definitions of an IMAM. And why aren't there any Women IMAMS when in the spirit realm there are no male or female? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic