IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who is the comforter  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who is the comforter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is the comforter
    Posted: 02 October 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by JerryMyers JerryMyers wrote:

The phrase "a virgin" which we find in the English-translated Bibles today does not appear in the original Hebrew text. The word used is 'almah’ meaning "a young woman of marriageable age". The Hebrew word for "virgin" is ‘bthuwlah’. When the Hebrew text was translated into Greek in the NT, it uses the word ‘parthenos’, which has a dual meaning; a young girl or a virgin. The translators have chosen the latter for obvious reasons. More recent and accurate versions of the Bible such as the Revised Standard Version present this verse as follows:
"Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Look, the young woman is with child and shall bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel"Isaiah 7:14 (RSV). So, how sure are you Isaiah 7:14 was referring to the virgin birth Jesus ??
Why are you quibbling over 'almah' and 'betulah' when Muslims themselves believe in he virgin birth ? And you are wrong about NT translations changing the meaning of virgin. The Jewish Septuagint translates it  as παρθένος (parthenos), which means -"virgin". Greek is far more a grammatically precise language than Hebrew as well.  The Jewish Septuagint was done long before the NT. 
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 6:10pm

Hi jp the Unitarian,
 Sin is a choice and you cannot inherit a choice. 
You cannot inherit a choice. But you can inherit the consequences of a choice.
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2018 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

You have not even addressed let alone refuted any of the points I made! Why ? Because you cant! So what was Jesus saying ? Oh yes I see now, he said ... "there is no god but God and Mohammad is the messenger of God." How silly of me ! How could I not see it ! Not ! Take your Muslim sun glasses off and read the Bible without the influence of your Mullahs and you may learn something.

On the contrary, I have refuted ALL your points, BUT, we all know you cannot even understand your own scripture so how could you understand my refutations of your ‘points’ ??

And yes, that’s very silly of you as how could Jesus have said Muhammad is the Messenger of God when he was long gone before Muhammad was even born ??!! So much for your ‘rule of HISTORICAL BACKGROUND’ as a criteria to understand the Bible !! See what I mean when I said you cannot even understand your own scripture let alone to understand my refutations of your ‘points’?? I guess that's why you keep on ‘parroting’ that I have not addressed or refuted your ‘points’.

Nevertheless, Jesus did say “The Lord, your God, the Lord is ONE” meaning there is no god BUT only ONE God Almighty. So, yes, he did say “there’s no god BUT God”. Surely, that's not difficult to understand even for someone like you, or is it ??

So, heed your own advice, take your Christian sun glasses off and read the Bible without the influence of your so-called preachers and scholars (who listen to other people’s words, not Jesus) and you may learn something.
Obviously you miss my sarcasm. Maybe Jesus was actually saying ISIS will herald another Muslim Golden Age ? As you like to read what ever you like into the Bible maybe you will find flying saucers carrying the Golden Tablets of the Quran ?!

Sure Jesus said “The Lord is one.”  So what ? Jesus also referred to himself as the “Son of God “ (John 10.36) implying eternal divinity.  No contradiction there. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you should deny it.

2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2018 at 3:13pm

You've already had the doctrine of original sin explained to you. See Proverbs 22.15, Luke 11:13,Psalm 14.2-3,Genesis 8.21.

The doctrine of original sin explained to me ??!! Hardly ! But you did confirm how confused you are about sin ! Anyway, let’s go thru the verses you quoted above which you said (or implied) to ‘explain’ original sin –

Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far away” – Proverbs 22:15

This is not about inheriting sin from Adam, but, it’s saying foolishness are (normally) found in children, but discipline can straighten them up. In other words, discipline have to be taught at a young age if not, the foolishness (which is normal expectation in children) will dwell in them and continue into their adulthood.

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” – Luke 11:13 - How is this about original sin ?? Care to explain ?

The LORD looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one”. – Psalm 14:2-3

Try reading in context from verse 1 – ‘The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good”’. So, Psalm 14:2-3, in general, is also referring to those who do not believe in God, which David refer to as fools, it's NOT a reference to whole mankind. So, how could Psalm 14:2-3 be about original sin when it's addressed only to those who do not believe in God, NOT whole mankind ! Do you believe in God, 2Acts ??

The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done” – Genesis 8:21

‘Evil’ here is a reference to disobeying God which is what humans are incline to do because to them to obey all of God’s Commands is impossible to do. Truth is it's not impossible as only those who are strong-willed, discipline, have total faith in God Almighty and truly understand God’s intention for mankind existence can abide by all of His Commands.

Yes, the inclination to disobey God is from childhood and that’s why Proverbs 22:15 talks about ‘the rod of discipline’ can drive away the folly in children as children are normally foolish (in their choices, decisions) due to the fact that their minds have not been fully developed to understand good and evil. Again, Genesis 8:21 is not about original sin and moreover, it clearly said “every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood” NOT ‘from birth’ meaning, everyone is born perfect, sinless but it’s our upbringing, the environment, the company we keep, etc, that eventually will determine whether we maintain this state of perfection or not.

And you are wrong in saying he never said he came to die for the sins of mankind. See John 11.25 and 12.44-50.

No, I am not wrong but you are. When Jesus said “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25), he was responding to Martha who had said earlier she knew her brother will rise again at the last day, that is, the day of the Resurrection. This tell us that Jesus, in saying “I am the resurrection” was also referring to the Day of the Resurrection of the last day as he was responding to Martha’s statement. There’s not a single verse in the whole passage of John 11 that implied Martha was referring to Jesus’ 'death and resurrection’ and Jesus was responding accordingly to that.

As for John 12:44-50, where did you see Jesus was saying or implying he came to die for the sins of mankind ?? Care to point that out ??
Proverbs 22.15 not about inheriting sin from Adam? Yes it is. If children did not have a predisposition to the sin inherited from Adam then then verse would read “folly is NOT bound up in the heart of a child”. And no “normally” about it. And yes the rod of discipline will drive it away, but never extinguish it. The words “Ivveleth” in Proverbs 22.15 is clear in its context. A lack of piety is evil. And as Proverbs 22.15 implies, it is bound up in the heart of children.

You ask how is Luke 11.13 about original sin. Jesus said-

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him? (Lk 11:13).

The Greek expression poneroi hyparchontes. Poneroi is defined in the Greek lexicon as “bad, of a bad nature or condition.”   And hyparchontes  is translated as “from the very beginning” or “being inherently.” Hence the  power of sin in the world that influences humanity.

Regarding Psalm 14. 2-3. Good try, but wrong again. “The Lord looks down from heaven on ALL MANKIND to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. ALL have turned away, ALL have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one”. – Psalm 14:2-3.

You seem confused. You contradict yourself. First you say humans cannot obey all of Gods commands and then you say it's not impossible? Make up your mind. Which one is it ? And yes the rod of discipline in Proverbs 22.15 is clear. It will drive it away only, but never extinguish it.

In Genesis 8.21 the verse is clear. A curse resides on the earth. The Hebrew for youth here is “ neh-oo-raw” -  meaning the state of juvenility of the person .ie. their  early life. The word translated youth, signifies the whole of the former part of the age of man, which commences from the beginning of life. The point being it refers to the early part of ones life that exists before the person is accountable for their own actions as an adult.

Anyway whether sin originates ‘at  birth”  or not is not really the point as it has nothing to do with guilt or moral culpability per se,  but rather all are born with the need to deal with the powerful force of sin in the world.  Hence the idea of “original sin” does not specifically relate to the age of an individual but rather to the collective weakness of humanity. A curse.

No sin that is committed is without its effect.  Every sin that you and I commit -- every sin that is ever committed disrupts the entire cosmos.  Your sin has an effect not only on you but on everyone and everything else. Is it realistic to claim, as Muslims do, that Adam and Eve's sin, the first of the human race had no effects in the world into which all other human beings were born?  I don't think so. If you don't want to call it “original sin,” then call it something else, but we have to accept the fact that we all suffer the consequences of what Adam and Eve did.

Regarding John 11:25 -27 -Jesus says “I am the resurrection and the life.The one who believes in me will live, even though they die". This is obviously far more than just Jesus saying he is some kind of “sign of the resurrection”.

It goes on where Martha says -“Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” What does this mean. It means Martha recognizes Jesus as … The Son of God and the Messiah. And anyone who knows the Jewish prophecies regarding the Messiah knows The Messiah has divine and eternal qualities. Obviously Martha knew the prophecies better than you. 

In regards to John 12.44-50 it needs to be read in the context of all of John 12.  Particularly from verse 23 -

The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified… Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up[g] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

Clearly all of this is about the salvation that Jesus provides through his death and sacrifice.

2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2018 at 3:08pm

You misunderstand Christian doctrine. Christians do not believe God is literally Jesus's biological Father and biologically fathered a son.

Maybe. Then, explain how did Christians come to believe Jesus is of the same substance as God and in fact, is THE Son of God too ?
How did Christians believe Jesus is of the same substance as God and in fact, is The Son of God too ? Firstly human beings are the only part of the creation made in God's image. There is nothing else in the creation that has Almighty Gods divine pattern and blessing apart from us as humans. So in a sense we all have an aspect of the divine within us.

Consider the sun as an analogy. The sun radiates heat and light. Heat and light are not the sun but are of the sun.

Jesus Christ was God's radiant eminence that became flesh. Son means “heir”. It does not mean God literally had a physical “son” as  an offspring , but by heir it means He Inherited all of creation as a gift, and believers are co-heirs with Him. It makes far more sense that God would reveal Himself through a human than in some kind of “recitation” that is supposed to be a copy of “golden tablets in heaven”.

2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2018 at 3:05pm

You got that wrong, most Muslims are Muslim by design not personal choice. They are afraid to make a personal decision away from Islam for fear of apostasy. And most Muslims don’t even know or read the Quran.

Maybe you misunderstood me. When I said ‘most Muslims are Muslim by design not personal choice', I mean they are Muslims by birth because they are born into a Muslim family. The same thing can be said of most Christians too. ‘By personal choice’ would mean that you are Muslim because you had study Islam and Christianity (and others) thoroughly and realized rationally, despite what scholars had said, God is ONLY ONE and no man can claim to be God or equate himself to God. So, it’s not about ‘fear of apostasy’, but it’s about rational thinking based on what God said in the Quran and based on what Jesus really said in the Bible and not about what other people said.

The article you posted was interesting. What was interesting was the quote –

“Professor Askari noted that “many countries that profess Islam and are called Islamic are unjust, corrupt, and underdeveloped and are in fact not ‘Islamic’ by any stretch of the imagination.”

So Western (Christian / secular) countries are more “Islamic” due to being just, non corrupt, developed and prosperous. And the reasons being due to the stability from their Christian heritage and secular ad-ministration. Nothing else. That probably explains why Muslims are falling over themselves to escape failed Muslim societies and live in the West.

Yes, maybe so, but, here’s where you can see the cunning master plan of Satan and the subtle execution of that master plan. The main objective of Satan is to bring mankind away from God Almighty. With Christianity, Satan managed to do just that – he succeeded to bring majority of Christians to worship a man as God when they should be worshiping only God Almighty. While Satan was unsuccessful to do that with Muslims, he succeeded in drawing majority of them away from truly following the life God Almighty want mankind to live by, that is, live harmoniously and prosperously, be just, no corruptions, etc. Thus, it's not surprising today, you see a more ‘Islamic’ way of life in non-Muslim majority countries than you see in Muslim-majority countries. To quote an Egyptian jurist, Muhammad Abduh (1849-1905) – “I went to the West and saw Islam, but no Muslims; I got back to the East and saw Muslims, but not Islam”.

So, what does this all tell us ? It tells us Muslims need to go back to the true teaching of the Quran on the administration of community living, human relationship, and Christians need to go back to the true teaching of Jesus in understanding who Jesus Christ really is and his relationship with God Almighty.

You ask me to explain how did Christians believe Jesus is of the same substance as God and in fact, is THE Son of God too ? Firstly human beings are the only part of the creation made in God's image. There is nothing else in the creation that has Almighty Gods divine pattern and blessing apart from us as humans. So in a sense we all have an aspect of the divine within us.

Consider the sun as an analogy. The sun radiates heat and light. Heat and light are not the sun but are of the sun. Jesus Christ was God's radiant eminence that became flesh. Son means “heir”. It does not mean God literally had a physical “son” as  an offspring , but by heir it means He Inherited all of creation as a gift, and believers are co-heirs with Him. It makes far more sense that God would reveal Himself through a human than in some kind of “recitation” that is supposed to be a copy of “golden tablets in heaven”.

I disagree that most Christians are Christian because they are born into Christian families rather than rational thinking. This is the case for Muslims however. Christians are far better educated than Muslims and because Christianity developed and currently exists in a highly educated free thinking and free speaking Western modern society they are far more likely than Muslims to make decisions based on rational thought. The same cannot be said of Muslims. Islam is still constrained by Medieval thought where free thought and speech is not encouraged due to fears of blasphemy and apostasy.

Just face it. Any Muslim who was to take an unbiased reading of the Bible, who comes to see Jesus as the Messiah who was prophesied, who come into spiritual “sonship” to The One Most High God through the Son  and be liberated from dead Islamic religious laws, would be persecuted or executed for apostasy. It’s a fact ! Why is Islam so insecure? What are Muslims afraid of ?

Oh the cunning master plan of Satan ! Of course, how convenient. So rather than Muslims taking personal responsibility for their own failings and for the failings of Islam you come up with some convenient rationalisation. This is why Islam is such a mess because Muslims fail to take responsibility for their own failings. Are Christians also under some Cunning master plan of Satan? As explained above. Christians do not worship a man as God but rather a The Son of God.  

Why is there more of a blessing on Western nations rather than Muslim nations? Because of the stability and prosperity that Western nations have inherited from their Christian heritage and secular administration. Muslims will never go back to  “true teaching of the Quran” or the administration of community and human relationships. They never have and they never will. Islam under Mohamad was a failure. It was simply a time of war and slavery. Nothing special about it.

The so called Muslim “Golden Age” under the  “four rightly guided caliphs” was not a time of true teaching. Three of the four caliphs were murdered and it was a time of Islamic civil war. No “paradise” there. Let me ask you who has tried to return to the true teachings and community lately ? Oh yes , that’s right, ISIS. And why will Islam never find the “true Islamic way”. Because human nature is such that externally imposed religious laws will ever be enough.

Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2018 at 7:41pm

To JerryMeyers.

"Why wasn't Jesus named Immanuel?"

Answer:  In the prophecy of the virgin birth, Isaiah 7:14, the prophet Isaiah declared, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel." This prophecy refers to the birth of Jesus in Matthew 1:22-23, "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel' which means, 'God with us.'" This does not mean, however, that the Messiah’s name would actually be Immanuel.

There are many names given to Jesus using the phrase “He shall be called,” both in the Old and New Testaments. This was a common way of saying that people would refer to Him in these various ways. Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah, “His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6). None of these titles was Jesus’ actual name, but these were descriptions people would use to refer to Him forever. Luke tells us Jesus “shall be called the Son of the Highest” (Luke 1:32) and “son of God” (1:35), but neither of these was His name. 

In two different places, the prophet Jeremiah says in referring to the coming Messiah, “And this is His name by which He shall be called, YHWH, OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS” (Jeremiah 23:5-6; 33:15-16). Now we know that God, the Father, is named Yahweh. Jesus was never actually called Yahweh as though it was His name, but His role was that of bringing the righteousness of Yahweh to those who would believe in Him, exchanging that righteousness for our sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Therefore, this is one of the many titles or “names” which belong to Him.

In the same way, to say that Jesus would be called "Immanuel" means Jesus is God and that He dwelt among us in His incarnation and that He is always with us. Jesus was God in the flesh. Jesus was God making His dwelling among us (John 1:1,14). No, Jesus' name was not Immanuel, but Jesus was the meaning of Immanuel, "God with us." Immanuel is one of the many titles for Jesus, a description of who He is.

Your explanation of virgin birth is not a detailed answer, Why specific Jesus? 300 prophecies pin point to Jesus and nothing to Muhammad, Why specific Jesus? Muslims belief He was only a mere prophet lower than Muhammad.

jp the unitarian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jp the unitarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 2:40pm

If you read Quran Al’ Nisa 4:159 carefully, you will note that it CLEARLY said “on the Day of Judgment, he (Jesus) will be a witness AGAINST them”. The key phrase here is “a witness AGAINST them’. This, in fact, is in line with what Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23 – “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”. In other words, Jesus was saying, firstly, on that day (Judgment Day) he will be a witness AGAINST those who called him ‘Lord’ because they worship him as God when he never claimed to be God or God the Son. Secondly, he will also be witness AGAINST those who prophesy and drive out demons in his name because he NEVER told them to do such things. Thirdly, Jesus CLEARLY said ‘only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven (will enter the kingdom of heaven)’. Certainly Jesus NEVER said only those who believe he died for their sins and rose again will enter the kingdom of heaven – these are NOT the preaching of Jesus Christ. So, listen to Jesus’ words, NOT other people’s words. By the way, Acts 17:31 are NOT the words of Jesus nor are they the words of God Almighty.

. By the way, Acts 17:31 are NOT the words of Jesus nor are they the words of God Almighty.

Like I have already said and will repeat, Paul was sent by Yeshua to announce the good news

Acts 9:3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. (ESV2011)

Acts 9:4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” (ESV2011)

Acts 9:5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. (ESV2011)

Acts 9:6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” (ESV2011)

Acts 9:7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. (ESV2011)

Yeshua went to Paul and told him to enter the city to be told what he was going to do.

Acts 9:10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” (ESV2011)

Acts 9:11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, (ESV2011)

Acts 9:12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” (ESV2011)

Acts 9:13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. (ESV2011)

Acts 9:14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.” (ESV2011)

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for HE IS A CHOSEN INSTRUMENT OF MINE to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. (ESV2011)

Acts 19:11 And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, (ESV2011)

Acts 19:12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them. (ESV2011)

Ananias did not like Paul who was a persecutor of the church but Yeshua told him he was a chosen one of his to announce the good news in his name, so yes Paul is absolutely valid.

Also Paul was so enabled by the holy spirit that just touching his clothes healed.

And Paul is witnessed to by Peter

2Pet 3:15 and reckon the patience of our Master as deliverance, as also our beloved brother Sha’ul wrote to you, ACCORDING TO THE WISDOM GIVEN TO HIM, (TS98)

2Pet 3:16 as also in all [his] letters, speaking in them concerning these [matters], in which some are hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures. (TS98)

Here is a story of a man healing  in the name   of Yeshua Paul proclaimed, not how you are supposed to do it, and this cause them a problem

Acts 19:15 But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?” (ESV2011)

Acts 19:16 And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. (ESV2011)

What must be notice here is that even the demons recognize the authority of Paul

Acts 17:31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.” (ESV2011)

So he Yeshua will be a witness against all those who speak falsehoods about him, Like saying he is God and denying the cross and saying he was anything else but our human brother. There are many falsehoods spoken of Yeshua and that unfortunately is most religions today.

Secondly, he will also be witness AGAINST those who prophesy and drive out demons in his name because he NEVER told them to do such things.

Matt 10:6 but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Yisra’ĕl. (TS98)

Matt 10:7 “And as you go, proclaim, saying, ‘The reign of the heavens has drawn near.’ (TS98)

Matt 10:8 “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. You have received without paying, give without being paid. (TS98)

Luke 9:49 And Yoh�£anan answering, said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your Name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us.” (TS98)

Luke 9:50 But יהושע said to him, “Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is for us.” (TS98)

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the Good News to every creature. (TS98)

Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been immersed, shall be saved, but he who has not believed shall be condemned. (TS98)

Mark 16:17 “And these signs shall accompany the ones who believe: In My Name they shall cast out demons, they shall speak with renewed tongues, (TS98)

Mark 16:18 they shall take up snakes, and if they drink any deadly [drink] it shall by no means hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall get well.” (TS98)

Mark 16:19 Then indeed, after the Master had spoken to them, He was received up into the heaven, and sat down at the right hand of Elohim. (TS98)

Mark 16:20 And they went out and proclaimed it everywhere, while the Master worked with them, and confirmed the word through the accompanying signs. Amĕn. (TS98)

All Yeshua’s words, yes he did tell them to go out and heal, so you’re whole contention here is false. Now look at verse 16:16 you have to be baptized to be saved, hmm are you baptized if not you are still under the law of moses, did you bring oyur animal sacrifice to atone for your sin rae Leviticus and see that that is your salvation not Yeshua.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic