IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - You know what bugs me about God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You know what bugs me about God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know what bugs me about God?
    Posted: 05 September 2010 at 5:11am
Hello to all:

I have come across an article in a blog that stunned me to the core. It deals with the beliefs and views of the followers of Wahhabi Islam. I had no idea of how this small sect in Islam has had such a traumatic and devastating effect not only to other sects of Islam but in the world in general.

I have always thought that there were basically two components of mainstream Islam, Sunni and Shia, but this is not the whole story. Wahhabi Islam makes up little more than one percent of Muslims worldwide, and the Wahhabis believe that if Muslims do not follow their version of Islam then they are not a Muslims at all and are as much an infidel as Christians, Jews and other religions.

The website is:

http://snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com/2010/05/sickness-that-is-wahhabi-islam.html

I'm not that knowledgable about posting web addresses like the one above and I'm not sure if it is in the right form. I found it by entering "Wahhabi Islam" in the Google search box and on page two found the article: "SNIPPETS AND SNAPPITS: THE SICKNESS THAT IS WAHHABI ISLAM" The web address says "slappits" instead of "snappits" so I don't know if it's a misprint or part of the actual web address.

This website gives a long history of Wahhabism and the intolerant and narrow theology that it teaches. The article details many of the examples of Wahhabi destruction of Islamic holy sites, tombs, mosques and shrines, even the destruction at the tombsite of Mohammad himself and that of his own daughter and wife. It was the Wahhabis who, with their Taliban co-religionists, destroyed the Bamiyan Buddha statues that were 1,500 years old. The article gives many examples of the Wahhabi intolerance of the great majority of Muslims worldwide.

I had no idea of just how vast the difference is between Wahhabi Islam and the rest of the Islamic community and how destructive their beliefs have proven, including the attacks of 9/11. I think that many people reading this article will come away with a much different attitude towards Muslims and an understanding of just how a small sect in Islam can basically hijack Islam and make it seem to be an enemy of the modern world.

This article has definately changed my basic thoughts and assumptions about Islam and has given me a much better understanding of the true qualities and peaceful intentions of 99% of all Muslims worldwide. I think the article is one that should be read by everyone who has difficulty understanding what Islam truly is and how a tiny percentage of Muslims can cause so much damage to Islam and it's image worldwide.

I would be interested to hear from other Islamicity members as to their reaction and thoughts concerning this article.

Larry

Edited by Larry - 05 September 2010 at 5:49am
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 11:00am
"There no society in this world where law has not be enforced,its the human psychy,people dont accept the law it has to be enforced regardless weather it is sharia law or the country law."

Gibbs:

Policing social order is one thing. Yes society needs to have some kind of order because natural human rights if exceeded, may infringe on another persons natural rights.

"These laws existed in the book of jews too,and Moosa peace be upon him was so strict in following them,jews and christians has forgotten their commandments but we have not.Jews faced the worse punnishments from Allah commanded through Moosa."

Gibbs:

There is a difference between social laws and religious laws. Religious laws pertain to those of a specific faith. It is certainly difficult to impose the laws of Moses or Muhammad on a diverse religious population. If society is diverse both ethnically, and religiously, you must have laws that are neutral that is not religiously specific, rather, neutral in meaning. Laws like the U.S. constitution, is a good example. The basis of the U.S. constitution is to focus on those unalienable rights as living sentient beings and protects us from those discriminatory elements.

"Allah has sent down profets to teach human being how to live a sophisticated life,till before Profet Nooha peace be upon him allah sent profets to teach people how to live in this world,example :how to remove iron,how to use iron,how to make house what to do when one of you die,all were the belivers so there was need to teach whome to pray."

Gibbs:

Again, it remains to be seen that Allah taught humans morality. It seems to me that morality developed out of the agricultural age where society began to develop. You are going by your holy book which is fine but that doesn't prove anything that God created morality within humans.

"Hope this answers your question"

I never asked any question you asked me.......Confused

fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 10:19pm
Hello Gibbs,

Any society that needs the police to monitor your every action is not a good society to live in

There no society in this world where law has not be enforced,its the human psychy,people dont accept the law it has to be enforced regardless weather it is sharia law or the country law.

These laws existed in the book of jews too,and Moosa peace be upon him was so strict in following them,jews and christians has forgotten their commandments but we have not.Jews faced the worse punnishments from Allah commanded through Moosa.

Regarding My Question who taught you:

Allah has sent down profets to teach human being how to live a sophisticated life,till before Profet Nooha peace be upon him allah sent profets to teach people how to live in this world,example :how to remove iron,how to use iron,how to make house what to do when one of you die,all were the belivers so there was need to teach whome to pray.

so everything which now you sum up and say humanity is actually taught to you by Allah,everything which now u say is kindness has come from allah,It is allah who gives you mercy in your heart for your brother and it is he who taught you how to be kind,nothing came automatically it was injected in you by allah.

Humanity,kindness,good behavior,morality,good deed nothing you learnt automatically it was taught to the man by Allah.

Hope this answers your question

Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 5:19pm
Message deleted by Larry.

Edited by Larry - 05 September 2010 at 5:24am
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 11:22am
Faisal you said,

"Salam Hayfa,

Sorry if you felt offended,I just wanted to say that if sharia law is enforced in any society the outcome is less crime ,justice and security."

I disagree. Most conservative Muslim societies as I have seen in media as well as independent media are "forcing others" to behave accordingly and to follow Islamic law. To me, that runs counter to what you guys keep quoting if I remember correctly, "there is no compulsion in religion." Saudi Arabia I gurantee will not allow independent reports on the amount of crime either sexual or otherwise to be reported. Saudi arabia is a repressive society that dehumanizes women.

Any society that needs the police to monitor your every action is not a good society to live in. If we all have freewill then there is no need for Saudi police to monitor whether I sin or not. This is where I agree with larry I believe Shariah law is for the muslim community not the rest of the world. I like to having the choice to sin or not.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 11:18am
Faisal I apologize if I overlooked your post.....

Originally posted by fais

let me ask you few questions:

1. who taught you to be kind to other
  2. who taught you not to marry or have sex with your sisters and mother
  3. who taught you morality
  4. who taught you to live a sophisticated life
  5. who taught you humanity

I remeber you said in one of the post that just be good and kind and be nice.My question to you is where have u learnt this lesson of humanity.

Regards
Faisal

My answers are as follows:

1) My parents along with the social environment I was raised in
2) My social environment. Because I was raised to have emotional attachment with family without sexual interaction. This is a common environment, assuming your parents are not pedophiles.
3) My parents and my social environment
4) My parents and social environment
5) What do you mean who taught me humanity? Are you referring to treat others humanely?

Edited by Gibbs - 08 August 2010 at 10:51am
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 1:35am
Faisal, You seem to think that merely by saying that something is true or untrue that I should accept your statements regarding homosexuality, suicide and prostitution, etc. as the honest truth?

(Faisal) "You will never understand the basic beliefs of shias."

Actually, Faisal, my roommate in college was an Iranian Shiite named Farhad Hashemi Shayan, from the beautiful city of Shiraz, and he was a wonderful, funny, thoughtful, pious and generous man. His faith in Islam was complete and he even showed me how to write some words from the Qur'an in Farsi. And he never once said anything derogatory about Sunni Muslims, as you say derogatory things about Shiites.

(Faisal) "For your kind information homosexuality is a psychological disorder which can be cured by proper treatment, this is not a natural urge, this does not exist in nature."

Is this your personal "observation" Faisal? I would be interested in your SOURCES for your statement that homosexuality is a "psychological disorder" that can be "cured" by proper treatment. What is the "proper treatment" for homosexuals? The American Psychiatric Association does not accept the uninformed and ignorant idea that homosexuality is a "disorder." But I guess you're smarter than they are, right Faisal? And what happens to the homosexuals in Saudi Arabia who don't get "cured" by the "proper treatment"?

Bottom line here is that you are uneducated about anything concerning homosexuals and their lives. We don't execute people here in the United States for homosexuality. We believe in equality and freedom for ALL Americans regardless of their sexual orientation.

(Faisal) "I have never heard of a rape case in Saudi, and there are strict laws which enable woman to get justice."

Reuters: A 19 year-old woman, the "Girl of Qatif" who was abducted and gang-raped by seven men, was sentenced to 200 lashes in a case that drew international criticism and tarnished the image of Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam, around the world. King Abdullah issued a pardon for the woman, in what appeared to be a sharp rebuke to clerics of Saudi Arabia's hardline Wahhabi Islam who dominate the judiciary."

The Register; "Three jailed in Saudi rape film case." "Saudi Arabia has jailed three men convicted of organizing the rape of a teenage girl and later peddling footage of the assault across mobile networks." The rape statistics for Saudi Arabia per capita is 0.00329321 per 1,000 people. Do the math.

(Faisal) "cases of prostitution is very low and if it is found it is dealt with strictly."

"The Nation, Wan Noor urges Riyadh to punish wrongdoers". "Thailand's President Wan Muhammad Noor Matha said that Bangkok should make it clear to Saudi officials that the Thai government wants justice in a case in which nine Thai women were forced into prostitution in Saudi Arabia." Wan Noor said he was confident the Saudi authorities would co-operate with their Thai counterparts." And I'm sure that this is not just an isolated incident. There are many reports of rape and prostitution of foreign women working as maids, etc.

(Faisal) "You hardly hear a case of suicide here."

"English Language Arab News". "In a recent study, a researcher from King Saud University tackled the often unmentioned subject of suicide in Saudi Arabia. In her study, which concentrated on failed suicide attempts in 2006, the researcher found out that 96% of the cases involved women. She told Reutern News Agency that in the hospital (a single hospital) where she works, they receive around eleven cases every month of women who have failed in their suicide attempts. She said, "I can well imagine that a society like Saudi Arabia, where families would feel an especially strong desire to cover up suicides, suicides by males might be even more thoroughly suppressed than suicides by females. SO far, we are talking about survivors, but if the figures are correct, then we must assume that there are as many, if not more, who actually manage to kill themselves."

(Reuters) "Saudi women try suicide to escape social pressure." Dec. 18, Reuters: Segregated from men, banned from driving and facing restrictions on travel, work, and even study, many Saudi women attempt suicide to escape one of the world's strictest societies. Saudi Arabia, a conservative Islamic state where clerics demand the seclusion of females, often has an unforgiving attitude to women who find themselves victim to male violence."

(Faisal) ********"BELIEVE ME sister this is NOT CORRECT that WOMEN here are OPPRESSED, they ENJOY the BEST LIFE compared to ANY other COUNTRY."**********

And I don't hate Muslims, Faisal, I just point out many of their religious policies that you say do not exist. You say that "It is mentioned in the Qur'an that Christians are the supporters of Muslims and they have a softcorner for Islam in their heart." Well, Faisal, I guess they forgot to mention that to us Christians, because I have never heard of such a thing, ever.

You consistently quote the Qur'an in support of your views but don't seem to realise that Christians have just as strong a faith in their Bible as Muslims do in the Qur'an. And I repeat that the Jewish and Christian Bible was written thousands of years (in the case of Judaism) and hundreds of years (in the case of Christianity) before Islam even existed in the world. It was not til the seventh century A.D. that Muhammad started to get his messages via the angel Gabriel.

Seems like you have a whole lot of things wrong with your observations, Faisal. Maybe you should read up on these subjects so you won't sound like such a hypocritical and puritanical know-it-all. And you should also stop your hatred for Shiite Muslims, who are every bit as Muslim as YOU are.

And Abraham is the Grandfather and Prophet for Jews and Christians also. In fact, the Jewish Torah records the story of Abraham more than three thousand years ago. May God lead you to the truth.

Larry

Edited by Larry - 07 August 2010 at 2:24am
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 11:57pm
Hello Larry

You can't really be saying that you think that homosexual people should be executed for being who they are?

For your kind information homosexulity is a psycologycal disorder which can be cured by proper treatment,this not a natural urge.this does not exist in nature.

You say you don't consider Iranians Muslims because they are Shiites. But Shiites belive in the Quran, pray at mosques, do everything that other Muslims do

Now larry please dont start a new topic on shia and sunni,you will never understand what is the basic belief of shias,they are the munafik who could not stop Islam from spreading so they enetered the community as muslims and stab us from behind,they make you feel that there were dis agreements between the companions of Profet s.w but in reality this not possible cause the companions have seen the profet and they were so strong on their faith.

1. I have never heard of a rape case in saudi,and there are strict laws which enable woman to get justice
  2. cases of prostitution is very low and if it is found it is dealt with strictly
  3. loot means robbery yes this is there here too but not as much as u.s where for few dollars a person can be killed.
  4. You hardly hear a case of sucide here.

About shias i will give a nice example:

Iraq and Iran fought for a decade almost but both cud not win over each other.

It took few days for U.S to envade Iraq but cannot do anything to Iran why?cause the u.s wants to show the world that see these are the true muslims who are fighting against anti islamist.

My friend forget this, you will never understand the international diplomacy played by the countries for the sake of power.

there are so many new laws made by shia which when you read will find no logic.

Isalm is not just a book but it is a way of life and it is the fastest growing relegion in the world despite great efforts by missioneries who attract people by giving financial aid and assuring better jobs in western countries.

Larry you cannot deny the fact that a man with no litrecy and no royal patronage formed a cummunity which shook the founadation of all the great forces.muslims defeated the powerfull  arab pagans first time and conquered Makkah than the powerfull persians than the powerfull romans.

this all was done peacefully by not killing the innocent non muslims unlike the christians who whenever got chance did the ugliest genoside by killing innocent muslims.we raised the sword in the name of Allah to remove the bad people from the power,our motive of war was not conquering nations but to spread the True relegion.( now dont start a new argument by blaming us of spreading relegion on the tip of sword)we raised the sword to remove the powerfull ruler who stopped us from preaching and did not accept  Allah's covenant.

I still mainatin,may allah guide you to the right relegion and remove the hatred of muslims from your heart.It is mentioned in the quran that christians are the supporters of muslims and they have a softcorner for Islam in their heart ( sorry not the exact translation)

So come to the common terms and find you god like our Grandfather and profet Ibraheem peace be upon him.

Regards
Faisal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic