IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about the Prophet  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about the Prophet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kukuruza View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kukuruza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about the Prophet
    Posted: 12 October 2009 at 11:20am
I consider that as those prophets are not present. People wrote...

Edited by kukuruza - 30 October 2009 at 9:40am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 3:31pm
Eid Greetings to All.
Pati, I will have to move this topic " Madre de Dios" to interfaith section as brother peacemaker is right. We have drifted away from the topic.
May Allah guide us All to the Right, Ameen.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 10:58am

Everyone,

Please understand that we are supposed to discuss the topic from Islamic standpoint in this section. However, if you want to discuss the topic from various perspectives, including Islam and Christianity, the topic should be moved to the Interfaith section. Or a separate thread should be created in the interfaith section.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker - 20 September 2009 at 11:00am
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 5:13am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Thank you Patti,
your answer really is interesting and true from Catholic understanding, according to which, Mary (as) (the mother of Jesus pbuh) is said to be the "mother of God."
But my concerns are reality and truth based. Your reply raises several questions, I will pose two:

Hi Hasan,

First of all, I wish you a happy Eid Mubarak to you and all your family. I hope it's going to be a very special day to you all Wink

I will try to answer your questions:

1) In God, the Son, the Holy spirit (Trinity) where does the mother fit, and the Mother of God is not God, but son of God is, Why? can you answer that question for me?
Is the mother less than the son even though she is referred and regarded as Mother of God (Madre de Dios)?

Well, for us, Maria the Virgin is the ideal believer, the most holly person... and I repeat PERSON ever in the Earth. It's said that the Evil was afraid from her, because of her believes and strength to defend it.

And at the same time, she was the chosen to be the physical mother, the person who gave him love, education, formation, etc. She was so perfect that God chose her to send her his Son.

Some people say that Maria is the Third part of the Trinity, and in one way she may be, because this Third is the believe in God, and she was the perfect believer, with impeccable behaviour during her life.

She was not part of God, but human, and she was the chosen to have in her womb the Son of God during 9 months, time while she felt the touch of God. She gave the life to the Son of God, as well as her love and principles.

2) If Mary is the mother of God, (remember it does not say mother of the son of God, rather "mother of God" that makes Mary Jesus' grandmother?
I am just being reasonable with what the claims are according to the Catholic church which you follow.

I think you are just mixing things: She was mother of Jesus and as Jesus was part of God, she was mother of God and developing that role. But she was not the mother of God itself, because was not engendered, as you also defend.

She was not grandmother of Jesus, only His mother, and a normal person whose believes made her special between the whole humanity.

At the same time, we see her as the Mother of the believers, but not a physical mother, but an spiritual one, because of her perfection at every level.

Kind regards
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Hola Pati,
let me ask you a question: In Catholicism who is refered to as " Madre de Dios" ??

Take care,
Hasan

Hola Hasan,

Yes, it is. Maria, Madre de Dios. And we refer to the Church as the "Santa Madre Iglesia" too (Saint Mother Church).

Because for us, Maria was the mother of God, the mother of Jesus who was part of God and God as the same time (not engendered by God, just created).

Originally posted by salahuddeen2009 salahuddeen2009 wrote:

salam Patti
you said(For us, Jesus during His stay on Earth was God's Son (Special Creation), but after His Death, He became part of God, coming back to His origins. I don't find any contradiction there.)
Do doyou mean that God was Incomplete!!till jesus Died!!?

Do you mean God has a shape? Do you mean God is finite? Do you mean God is something material?

I don't think so, sorry. God is complete, never uncomplete. God is perfection, never makes any mistake. God is good, nothing bad comes from Him.

Salams,

Thank you Patti,
your answer really is interesting and true from Catholic understanding, according to which, Mary (as) (the mother of Jesus pbuh) is said to be the "mother of God."
But my concerns are reality and truth based. Your reply raises several questions, I will pose two:
1) In God, the Son, the Holy spirit (Trinity) where does the mother fit, and the Mother of God is not God, but son of God is, Why? can you answer that question for me?
Is the mother less than the son even though she is referred and regarded as Mother of God (Madre de Dios)?
2) If Mary is the mother of God, (remember it does not say mother of the son of God, rather "mother of God" that makes Mary Jesus' grandmother?
I am just being reasonable with what the claims are according to the Catholic church which you follow.

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 4:35pm
Pati,
what you are saying when you say"Jesus was sent in the way of a person, with our fears and doubts sometimes. He was afraid from dying minutes before He left the Earth... but at the end, god showed Him the light to take Him back to the Heaven." that Jesus was a man, what he was before his birth and after his resurrection is really not for us to decide. But I am glad that you finally do say that "he was sent in the way of a man" you are just hesitant to say clearly that he was a man when he was Jesus, the man we know to have walked on the earth, who had fears like anyone of us, who ate, who was born and weaned like any one of us. Was given prophethood like many prophets before, was given miracles and word of God.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 19 September 2009 at 4:36pm

Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 1:14am

salam Patti
you believe that God is complete,this contradicts with the new testament that makes God divisable(3parts= father,son&spirit) &  logic says:1+1+1=3

Hi Salahuddeen,

It's not matter of a material division of God, there is no material on it. It's not like "one apple+ one apple + one apple = three apples!". It's another thing, related to the different roles of God: Father of the Humanity, Son because He understands our feelings, cause He sent his Son, part of Him, to live like a normal person, and to feel like a normal person, and Holly Spirit, that is the Faith itself.

I already gave an explanation before (not in this post, I think): My mother is my mother, but she is my father's wife too, and her mother daughter, as well as friends of her friends. But at the end, she is only one person, developing different roles.

I don't want to compare my mother with God, but I hope it works as example for you.

It's not matter of numbers, really (even if we call it Trinity Wink).

you also believe that God is good ,never makes mistakes nor does something bad,this contradicts with what bible says,just read the following phrase in the old testament: 
Exodus
32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Now,if God ,according to your belief ,never does a mistake,then ,why do you think Jesus on the cross had made his famous cry to God,according to the new testament:

Mt 27:46  
About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"--which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Was jesus not sure About God's perfect Decisions(this means that you,Patti are more trusting God than Jesus himself!!,that's why you never cry to God like jesus did,asking him why did you do so & so to me,right?)?

or did jesus object against His Job on earth &was asking to RESIGN?

Jesus was sent in the way of a person, with our fears and doubts sometimes. He was afraid from dying minutes before He left the Earth... but at the end, god showed Him the light to take Him back to the Heaven.

At the same time, it's philosophy and a lesson to learn: Jesus in the Cross had a doubt of God, thinking that God had forgot him... but at the end, God didn't do and took Him to the Heaven. How many millions of people did have that doubt of God's existence? But at the end, God is always there.

That's our understanding, at least.

Salams,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
salahuddeen2009 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salahuddeen2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 8:26pm
salam Patti
you believe that God is complete,this contradicts with the new testament that makes God divisable(3parts= father,son&spirit) &  logic says:1+1+1=3

you also believe that God is good ,never makes mistakes nor does something bad,this contradicts with what bible says,just read the following phrase in the old testament: 
Exodus
32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Now,if God ,according to your belief ,never does a mistake,then ,why do you think Jesus on the cross had made his famous cry to God,according to the new testament:

Mt 27:46  
About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"--which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Was jesus not sure About God's perfect Decisions(this means that you,Patti are more trusting God than Jesus himself!!,that's why you never cry to God like jesus did,asking him why did you do so & so to me,right?)?

or did jesus object against His Job on earth &was asking to RESIGN?

Edited by icforumadmin - 19 September 2009 at 1:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic