IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whisper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhisper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cassandra View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:14am

I am in complete agreement with Hanan and other Forum members who have expressed their dismay at Whisper's banning.  For the first time in weeks I have been able to scan over recent developments, and frankly am glad I stayed away!  Some have been banned who certainly should have been.  But Whisper....? I have just read his last few postings and threads he has contributed to, and can see no reason why this decision has been made.  Whisper has continued  "Whispering" in his idiosyncratic way with no real changes.  He has remained as a senior member for many years,  and any points members have disagreed with, they have gone hand to hand with Whisper himself.  Usually, both walked away with smiles on their faces.

I enjoy Whisper's acerbic humour, and many of his points are right on the money.  Whether they are popular or not perhaps rests with the Moderator's own opinions, or perhaps with the hosts of Islamicity themselves?  I don't know. It should not be the point, after all, should it. But this I will warn: If we allow long-standing members to be banned in this seemingly arbitrary manner we open the door to a future Forum quite deafening in its boredom.

Moderators: Bring back Whisper, or face your interlocutors with valid reasons why not.

(Incidentally,I have been told that members at one time were "suspended" for internal "wrongdoing".  Why is this no longer the case?)

Cass

Edited by Cassandra
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 4:05am

I believe that sufficient time has passed for the mods to put together a statement regarding Whisper's "change of status." Please inform us of your reason/s for this action.

Peace, Hanan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic