IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Not only for Whisper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not only for Whisper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 10:53am

Syed and Whisper both of you have raised some strong points that I very much agree. However, I don't know if any of you covered this, but, in order to have an effective dialogue with the emphasis of understanding the Muslim faith, religion, mind etc we must first battle what is internal. I have constantly said it repeatedly and unfortunately, not most of the Muslims online commented on which I call "psychology of victimhood."

I believe in order to be effective outward we must also be effective inward as well.I like Syed's point in that he states that Muslims do not have a unified voice. This is one reason why I particularly don't follow a Madhab. How can I follow a school of thought when the greater macrocosmic society does not even have one voice? Regardless whether our voices yell "we are not terrorist" this remains ineffective. I believe the examples must not just come from telling someone but actual examples.

I have constantly said it myself that it is quite easy to blame the U.S. (mind you there are other countries that contributed to Muslim oppression as well) which rightfully so however we continuously victimize ourselves which is also ineffective.

Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:43am

I am most gratified to see that this thread is still running.  Astonished in fact.  Yes, it has gone well off the topic I originally posted, but that is natural evolution.  And certainly many more recent posts have been on topics I know very little, if anything at all about.

But mostly, I have noticed lately that there is a spirit of cooperation, of stopping to listen to and consider the post which came before, rather less than the knee-jerk reactions I have come to expect from many.  Perhaps the cooler atmosphere is due to the timely visit of Servetus, almost always my favourite voice of reason.

Either way, if I didn't know better, I would swear that women were responsible for these last posts!   Cassie

syed123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:32am

Thank you for your suggestions Whisper.

My approach to issues affecting the Ummah is a manifestation of the continued frustration ,anxiety and concern at the mishandling  and misunderstanding of key issues by our clergy and leadership .

It is time  for a fresh new pragmatic  leadership  one which has the guts to  abandon the age old prejudices and issues and start with a progressive new outlook along with an agenda of peace, prosperity and co-operation  not only among the muslim masses themselves but also with the rest of the world.

Is this something too much to ask or expect?????

Edited by syed123
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 5:20pm

Let me get to Whisper first.

The Forces of intolerance, radicalism and extremism are everywhere and not merely within, but some one needs to take the moral high ground. I believe muslims stand to gain morally, materially and faithwise by taking the initiative and confronting and isolating the forces of ignorance listed above.

There is no denying that it is a problem.

But, its magnitude and the extent that you and the State Department are portraying is a bit of tired fiction.

Just take this The Forces of intolerance, radicalism and extremism phrase. Isn't it borrowed from some very familiar source?

Muslims on the whole do not have a unified voice or leadership and as such have been ineffective in communicating with the West on important issues of peace, security and tolerance.

True.

The West only gets to hear what the Neo-Cons would like them to hear.

Absolutely right.

This issue needs our urgent attention and this is where Inter-faith and intra faith dialogues are crucial in building bridges.

A noble suggestion, but a dialogue is something thats conducted, by tabling all the parties, it doesn't work if we shout all the blame on just the one group and, that too, in some Enlightened Moderation style. 

I have never stated that all the problems of this universe are our fault alone.

But, somehow your posts have cast that impression, more so, when you remain frozen about the root causes of this problem.

But the fact remains that certain events committed by fringe elements within like the suicide bombings, 9/11, train bombings of spain, the Bali bombings, London bombings, the various conflicts in places like southern thailand, somalia, chechnya, kashmir, afghanistan, iraq, Phillipines etc have all increased the focus on Muslims throughout the world.

The primary conflict of Palestine is missing in your list, but never mind. Where were these dark Forces of intolerance, radicalism and extremism before this present spate of invasions, before the New American Century project was launched?

Muslims now are on the defensive all over the world and being wrongly portrayed as a extremist religion bent on establishing their hegemony through violence.

Not all over the world, really, but just in the United States.

Our European and also British neighbours are, by now, simply tired of all such US pedled fables.

This falsehood needs to be countered and the misunderstandings cleared not for any body's benefit but for the benefit of the majority peace loving muslims like us because otherwise genuine movements like the one in Chechnya are being painted with the same brush of terrorism.

I couldn�t agree any less than 100% with your point.

There is a serious lack of communication and misunderstandings between the common man in the west and the ordinary muslim on the street. Earlier this gap had a chance of being bridged through the power of Dawah but thanks to the lunatic extremist fringe elements within ,,Dawah has taken a backseat presently due to increased mistrust and preformed notions about Islam in general and Muslims in particular.

This is your strongest point.

I understand and respect your points, but it would greatly help if we started by Building some Bridges, at the home front; between your posts and this Forum.

If I may make some suggestions just in good faith:

1.                    Try and reconsider your alarmist approach.

2.                    You will be more effective if you used a bit less of 

the US media coined phrases.

3.                    Be kind, more people will listen to you if you talked with them instead of shouting some sermons at them.

And, above all, please, understand that those who view the US in some different light are not prejudiced. Let's be honest, the US does have a bit of an image problem and not just with the Muslims, alone.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2007 at 8:46am

Hi Syed (and welcome to the discussions, from me, a non-Muslim guest).

You wrote:
If any country including the United states doesnt bring the guilty [sic] to justice it would lose its moral authority and standing in the World arena.

At this point, and though the wheels of justice can at times grind slowly, I consider that loss of moral authority largely a fait accompli.  At any rate, in this case and for once we cannot blame citizens of Germany for not trying to bring the potentially �guilty� to at least a show trial and to some form of perceived justice:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1557842,00.ht ml

Serv

A colony?  What�s that?  If you don�t mind, I prefer to be called a neo-trusteeship territory!

Edited by Servetus
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 4:51pm

To Whisper,One simple Question ,

Do you agree with people like Sign*Reader who by their attacks on Mohajirs etc

Brother, I am in full sympathy with your point and also respect your sensitivity about this matter.

But, if you read Sign*Reader's message, just with a bit of care, you will find that he hasn't attacked anyone. He has just used an expression, which has gained currency, through these years of MQM mafiosi reign and specially since 12th May 2007.

aim to divide the already hopelessly divided Ummah???

Be honest, does anyone need to aim at dividing such already shreded Ummah?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 4:27pm

I won't say a thing to your Morshed, no matter what till I have the permission! Though my fingers are itching!

Luck you, only fingers itching! not lungs bursting with laughter.

I wonder why your Morshed is so naive and sanctimonious at the same time; may be these qualities come as one package.

How often have you seen me with a Morshed? Promise, he is as innocent as they come. Ustad ji, in all your years, here, how many others have you seen some who would post exact U S psyops lines and expect you to take these as gospel truth?

A gut feeling probably has not seen civil rights era and just acting too FOBish in his sermons!

That's not his fault, his vision is Starred n Striped, I have dealt with many such cases of serious Americanitis. I diagnosed it with his maiden sermon, it was an attempt, at performing what his admin had failed to do - load all these Muzlimz with the responsibility of all the world's wrongs.

We must forgive anyone who can post Palestine as a mere Refugee Problem!

Pehli peerhi ulum ghulm
teh doosri sheikhzadeh;
Aand gawandh murr gae teh nervair syedzadeh!

If I am not mistaken is it Mian Mohammed Shah's?

Farwa_Syeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farwa_Syeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 10:02am

Your opinions show that you have gone astray on the road of ignorance.

you plz keep on walking on the road of dictators,assasinators,so called champions of peace,animals and money(dollar)makers and................???best of luck for rest of journey

Islam is a way of life, try it. Islam is a gift, accept it.Islam is a goal, achieve it.Islam is not a game, don't play with it .Islam has a message for you, hear it. Islam is love, love it .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic