IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mark of the beast?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark of the beast?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:39pm
I wouldn't call them any more fringe than Ahmanenijad. And the theory is just as interesting....

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
TruthRealm View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Well, the Presents of God Ministry think that Sunday is the mark of the beast.  Apparently you must avoid Sundays to avoid the mark of the beast.

Isn't it interesting how Christians choose Sunday to worship?

Tomorrow IS Sunday Shocked for those who wish to avoid it!!!!

Hmmmmm.......well, there are all kinds of fringe elements out there. I've heard that it is breaking the true Sabbath and that if you break one commandment, you've broken them all, but that's nothing to do with the mark of the beast.

This is the only "Presence of God Ministries" that I can locate online and they worship on Sunday. Who are you referring to?

Edited by TruthRealm - 10 January 2009 at 6:26pm
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:18pm
Well, the Presents of God Ministry think that Sunday is the mark of the beast.  Apparently you must avoid Sundays to avoid the mark of the beast.

Isn't it interesting how Christians choose Sunday to worship?

Tomorrow IS Sunday Shocked for those who wish to avoid it!!!!

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 10 January 2009 at 6:20pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:05pm
Adam192,

Also interesting, with regards to the "twelfth" Iman that the Shi'a are awaiting as their "final" prince, I found this passage in the OT to be telling:

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation." -Gen 17:20
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Adam192 Adam192 wrote:

"notice that it is taught that the Al-Mahdi will rule for .....seven years.... the period of rule of the antichrist."

- that is a very interesting point there Truth Realm, it really is. Ive been looking into this, and apparently, the anti-Christ will rule for only 3.5 years and not 7 (I think according to Daniel, the time will be 42 months, or 1260 days). Also, the anti-Christ will be backed by a 7 or 10 nation league. In a sense, this anti-Christ figure will lead people away from God and cause them to forget Him.

I personally have a lot of doubt about this "mahdi" figure, because he is not in the Quranic scripture at all, only in hadith, which for the most part are very contradicting and incorrect in relation to the Quran. The Quran teaches that at the end times, the only Messiah to appear will be Yeshua, who will rid this world of the anti-christ by the power of Almighty God. mahdi has no backing in the Quran.

Ahmanenijad I believe said it was a 7 year treaty with Israel.

This is quite interesting how Biblical prophecy matches up with his views on Al Mahdi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTaCbH6zXU0

Adam192 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 2:46pm
"notice that it is taught that the Al-Mahdi will rule for .....seven years.... the period of rule of the antichrist."

- that is a very interesting point there Truth Realm, it really is. Ive been looking into this, and apparently, the anti-Christ will rule for only 3.5 years and not 7 (I think according to Daniel, the time will be 42 months, or 1260 days). Also, the anti-Christ will be backed by a 7 or 10 nation league. In a sense, this anti-Christ figure will lead people away from God and cause them to forget Him.

I personally have a lot of doubt about this "mahdi" figure, because he is not in the Quranic scripture at all, only in hadith, which for the most part are very contradicting and incorrect in relation to the Quran. The Quran teaches that at the end times, the only Messiah to appear will be Yeshua, who will rid this world of the anti-christ by the power of Almighty God. mahdi has no backing in the Quran.

Edited by Adam192 - 06 January 2009 at 2:51pm
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 3:04pm
9:35 (Y. Ali) On the Day when heat will be produced out of that (wealth) in the fire of Hell, and with it will be branded their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs.- "This is the (treasure) which ye buried for yourselves: taste ye, then, the (treasures) ye buried!"

Edited by Nazarene - 04 January 2009 at 4:15pm
love for all conquers all
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 12:44pm

I have not watched this yet, but looks interesting. History Channel - "banned from the bible". 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LUytXGke53s&feature=related
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic