IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i believe Quran and Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i believe Quran and Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 10:10pm
Dear 2Acts,

Many thanks for the extensive reply. As a newbie to this specific topic on inter faith dialogue appreciate getting Christian persfective especially wrt the translation of ancient Biblical text.

May I just ask that you reconsider your wording when mentioning Muhammad SAW(last paragraph). Muslims are forbiden to speak ill of any Prophet AS (if they do they not considered muslim) and we hold Jesus AS and His Disciples in the highest esteem.

Take care and Kind regards..
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Ceo3 Ceo3 wrote:

Dear 2Acts,

Thank you for the information.

I agree that Jesus AS arrival was prophesized, at the same time Ive found Muhammad SAW also mentioned. My source for this comment is from Dr Z Naik relating King James Version.

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad      
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad     (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet      present.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English      translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.   
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet     
Muhammad (pbuh).

Your input on these Biblical verses would be appreciated.
Regards.

Hello Ceo
Lets seek to do careful exegesis (taking out of the Scriptures what is there), rather than eisegesis (forcing into them something that is not there) which Muslim scholars are guilty of.
Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12 reads -

For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll. And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say, �Read this, please,� they will answer, �I can�t; it is sealed.�
Or if you give the scroll to someone who cannot read, and say, �Read this, please,� they will answer, �I don�t know how to read.�

This is obviously not about Mohamad because the scroll in question is a judgment on Israel. It has nothing to do with Mohammed or the Arabs. The point of the passage is that when God gives his teaching to Israel through Isaiah the people will not want to listen to it.
The only thing which even extremely remotely can be misapplied to Mohammed is the fact that a person who does not read is mentioned. The problem with this is that almost no one in the ancient world read. The idea that this is a reference to a specific person who lived 1300 years later is truly outrageous unless someone can show the context refers to something specifically about Muhammed.   
Also the Quran mentions the angel Gabriel. There is no indication whatsoever that Gabriel has anything to do with the Isaiah prophecy. His name is not mentioned.
I see nothing at all in this passage which is similar to Mohammed, other than the fact that it mentions an illiterate person, which would describe the vast majority of all people who ever lived before recent times.
In conclusion, the only way anyone could find Mohammed in Isaiah 29:12 is if they are scanning the Old Testament to find passages, no matter how far out of context, that they can say are about Mohammed. I believe we could do this with any figure from ancient history if we want to play games with the Bible.

Regarding Song of Soloman 5.16 the word in discussion is Machmad ( מַחְמָד ).makh-mawd'; delightful; hence, a delight, i.e. object of affection or desire:�beloved, desire, goodly, lovely, pleasant (thing). Song of Solomon is a short poetic book about a loving, physical relationship between Solomon and his bride. There are a variety of interpretations but none will help turn this into a prophecy about Muhammad.
Muslims believe in sexual purity and non alcohol do they not ? But in this verse Solomon continues praising her body and in the first verse of the chapter Solomon talks about drinking wine...

His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, this is my friend, daughters of Jerusalem.

This last verse, according to some Muslim scholars is somehow about Muhammad. Why should we interpret this verse as a prophecy about Muhammad? Muslims reason that, since the Hebrew for "altogether lovely" is machmadim, and machmadim sounds somewhat similar to the name "Muhammad," the verse is actually referring to Muhammad by name. Zakir Naik claims that the suffix -im is "added for respect" in Hebrew, but this is sheer nonsense. The suffix -im is added to form the plural, which may be a plural of intensity, i.e., "altogether."
So Song of Solomon 5:16 should be translated: �His mouth is sweetness itself; he is Muhammad. This is my beloved, this is my friend, daughters of Jerusalem.�
The bride is praising a man's body. This makes perfect sense if she's talking about her husband. But if Muslim scholars insist that she's talking about Muhammad, they're accusing Solomon's bride of lusting after another man (Muhammad) in a vision given to her by God. If 5:16 is about Muhammad, then Solomon's wife calls Muhammad her "beloved." But in chapter 7, verse 10, she says, "I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me." Since Muhammad is her beloved she declares in 7:10 that she belongs to Muhammad and that Muhammad desires her. So how did Solomon's bride belong to Muhammad? And why would Muhammad desire a woman who had been dead for more than fifteen centuries?
Either Song of Solomon is an immoral story about a time-traveling adulterous love affair between Solomon's bride and Muhammad, or the book simply has nothing to do with Muhammad.
Also the word machmad is used in many places in the Old Testament. It refers to something pleasing, treasured, or lovely. So if machmad is actually Muhammad's name, we need to be consistent and say that wherever the word machmad is used, it's referring to Muhammad. Let's consider two passages that use the word machmad and see what happens if we translate the word as "Muhammad."
In Ezekiel 24:16, Ezekiel's wife is called "machmad," because she's treasured by Ezekiel. So if machmad means "Muhammad," Muhammad must have been Ezekiel's wife! Is that what any Muslim believes? Of course not. So why do Muslims keep telling us that machmad means "Muhammad"?
Just five verses later in Ezekiel, God tells the children of Israel that Jerusalem will be conquered and that the temple will be destroyed. He says, "I am about to desecrate my sanctuary�the stronghold in which you take pride, the delight of your eyes" (Ezekiel 24:21). The word "delight" here is machmad. So if machmad is the name "Muhammad," God is promising to desecrate Muhammad! Is that what Shabir Ally and Zakir Naik want us to believe God is saying? (For further uses of machmad, see 1 Kings 20:6; 2 Chronicles 36:19; Lamentations 1:10-11; 2:4; Isaiah 64:11; Ezekiel 24:25; Hosea 9:6; and Joel 3:5.)
This is what happens when Muslim scholars try to force Muhammad into the Bible. They go to a passage in which Solomon's bride is praising her husband's body, and they expect us to believe that she's actually having adulterous thoughts about a future prophet. Shabir Ally and Zakir Naik take a perfectly normal Hebrew word and try to transform it into a prophecy of Muhammad, but in doing so they end up claiming that Muhammad was Ezekiel's wife and that God promises to desecrate him!

In regards to �Periclytos�let's again seek to do careful exegesis (taking out of the Scriptures what is there), rather than eisegesis (forcing into them something that is not there) which Muslim scholars are guilty of.
John 14.16 is clear it is the word - par�klētos, par-ak'-lay-tos; (παράκλητος ) an intercessor, consoler:�advocate, comforter , that is used. This is obvious for the following reasons if you read the verse. It reads -
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you FOREVER �
So John 14:16 says the Comforter will be with these disciples FOREVER. The Lord Jesus Christ promised that the Comforter would be with these disciples forever. Muhammad could not be the Comforter because he wasn't born until over 500 years later � well after the deaths of these disciples. Muhammad was born around 570 AD and died around 632 AD. He has not been there forever.
John 16:14 says - "He will bring glory to Me by taking from what is Mine and making it known to YOU. All that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said the Spirit (NOT A HUMAN) will take from what is Mine and make it known to YOU."
The Comforter will take from Jesus and make it known to the disciples. Muhammad never knew the Lord Jesus Christ and never took from Him and made it known to his disciples.
To fulfil exactly what Jesus foretold concerning the Comforter and His relationship with the disciples, the New Testament records the fulfilment of the coming of the Holy Spirit and the disciples receiving Him. The disciples received the Comforter - the Holy Spirit, on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:3, 4. The Comforter was now �in� the disciples and He remained �in� them from then on and taught them � just as Jesus had said He would. The early Christians knew this. They did not expect another human being to come. To illustrate this see in 1 John 4:6, the terms "the spirit of truth" and "the spirit of error" are used for human beings. Does this imply that the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, be a human? No. This verse is not referring to human beings. Humans are humans, spirits are spirits.
Finally Mohamad was not a comforter. He was not even a �mercy to all creatures�. Muhammad murdered people, massacred people, allowed his men to torture people, allowed female slaves to be raped, sent his men out to kill, steal, and enslave. Nothing comforting there ! not a �mercy to all creatures�!

Yes the Holy Spirit was already present before Jesus but not in the nature of power that he was to come later as described above in Acts 2. So there is no contradiction here.

Regards to you Ceo
I hope this has been helpful.
Peace

Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 11:32pm
Dear 2Acts,

Thank you for the information.

I agree that Jesus AS arrival was prophesized, at the same time Ive found Muhammad SAW also mentioned. My source for this comment is from Dr Z Naik relating King James Version.

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad      
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad     (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet      present.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English      translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.   
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet     
Muhammad (pbuh).

Your input on these Biblical verses would be appreciated.
Regards.
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 2:57pm

Originally posted by ای& ای& wrote:

hi feriend!
If you with me please give page link because I don't have time to search the pages! [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Sure, these are some of the ref. to start off with. Still looking into the sources these scholars use as well as what the Christian view of this is, regards.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-Bible-say-about-Muhammad&ved=0ahUKEwim3v6Clu7RAhWfOsAKHfnTDUQQFggaMAE&usg=AFQjCNHM9efINZLoRnTacAkh5sQobsmfCw&sig2=qHvYjXQ97LgRVfRyANT12Q
http://www.islam101.com/religions/christianity/mBible.htm&ved=0ahUKEwim3v6Clu7RAhWfOsAKHfnTDUQQFgggMAI&usg=AFQjCNE_gCiHicp7eWazivfE47RsKBYl5Q&sig2=P80cR_CqEuKWYOM9W_zdTA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_in_the_Bible&ved=0ahUKEwim3v6Clu7RAhWfOsAKHfnTDUQQFggrMAM&usg=AFQjCNE8PIlqFj1oKLVx6LQg2iv2Vh6S4g&sig2=LF7gbBUYCX5YlW72surZ0g

The Old Testament verses are the prophecy; the New Testament verses proclaim the fulfillment. They all point to Christ Jesus. None of them point to Mohamad.

Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:21-23)
A descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3; 22:18; Matthew 1:1; Galatians 3:16)
Of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10; Luke 3:23, 33; Hebrews 7:14)
Of the house of David (2 Samuel 7:12-16; Matthew 1:1)
Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7)
Taken to Egypt (Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:14-15)
Herod�s killing of the infants (Jeremiah 31:15; Matthew 2:16-18)
Anointed by the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 11:2; Matthew 3:16-17)
Heralded by the messenger of the Lord (John the Baptist) (Isaiah 40:3-5; Malachi 3:1; Matthew 3:1-3)
Would perform miracles (Isaiah 35:5-6; Matthew 9:35)
Would preach good news (Isaiah 61:1; Luke 4:14-21)
Would minister in Galilee (Isaiah 9:1; Matthew 4:12-16) Would cleanse the Temple (Malachi 3:1; Matthew 21:12-13)
Would first present Himself as King 173,880 days from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25; Matthew 21:4-11)
Would enter Jerusalem as a king on a donkey (Zechariah 9:9; Matthew 21:4-9)
Would be rejected by Jews (Psalm 118:22; I Peter 2:7)
Die a humiliating death (Psalm 22; Isaiah 53) involving:
rejection (Isaiah 53:3; John 1:10-11; 7:5,48)
betrayal by a friend (Psalm 41:9; Luke 22:3-4; John 13:18)
sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 26:14-15)
silence before His accusers (Isaiah 53:7; Matthew 27:12-14)
being mocked (Psalm 22: 7-8; Matthew 27:31)
beaten (Isaiah 52:14; Matthew 27:26)
spit upon (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 27:30)
piercing His hands and feet (Psalm 22:16; Matthew 27:31)
being crucified with thieves (Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:38)
praying for His persecutors (Isaiah 53:12; Luke 23:34)
piercing His side (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34)
given gall and vinegar to drink (Psalm 69:21, Matthew 27:34, Luke 23:36)
no broken bones (Psalm 34:20; John 19:32-36)
buried in a rich man�s tomb (Isaiah 53:9; Matthew 27:57-60)
casting lots for His garments (Psalm 22:18; John 19:23-24)
Would rise from the dead!! (Psalm 16:10; Mark 16:6; Acts 2:31)
Ascend into Heaven (Psalm 68:18; Acts 1:9)
Would sit down at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1; Hebrews 1:3)
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 2:44pm
@CEO
I will respond to your contribution as soon as I can, bt I am very busy at the moment, so please be patient.

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 9:57pm
Asalaams alayum,

Yes muslim from southern Africa.
ای& View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ای& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 11:46am

Originally posted by ای& ای& wrote:

hi feriend!
If you with me please give page link because I don't have time to search the pages! [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Sure, these are some of the ref. to start off with. Still looking into the sources these scholars use as well as what the Christian view of this is, regards.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-Bible-say-about-Muhammad&ved=0ahUKEwim3v6Clu7RAhWfOsAKHfnTDUQQFggaMAE&usg=AFQjCNHM9efINZLoRnTacAkh5sQobsmfCw&sig2=qHvYjXQ97LgRVfRyANT12Q
http://www.islam101.com/religions/christianity/mBible.htm&ved=0ahUKEwim3v6Clu7RAhWfOsAKHfnTDUQQFgggMAI&usg=AFQjCNE_gCiHicp7eWazivfE47RsKBYl5Q&sig2=P80cR_CqEuKWYOM9W_zdTA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_in_the_Bible&ved=0ahUKEwim3v6Clu7RAhWfOsAKHfnTDUQQFggrMAM&usg=AFQjCNE8PIlqFj1oKLVx6LQg2iv2Vh6S4g&sig2=LF7gbBUYCX5YlW72surZ0g

Excuse me
Are you muslim??
and where are you living actually??
ای& View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ای& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 11:44am
Thanks alot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic