IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 110 killed in hajj stampede  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

110 killed in hajj stampede

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 1:40am

As Salamu Alaikum

Anyone who has performed Haj, know that the Saudi Government are doing their best.

There are great improvements made every year.

It is very disheartening what happened there but if anyone is to blame it is the pilgrims. They need to be more orientated about the rituals of Haj by their respective Haj committees.

I performed Haj about 10 years ago, and today I am told that the facilitates provided by the Saudi government,  are remarkable. There is already a quote system in force, allowing X number of pilgrims per country according to their Muslim population.

From my own experience, I would say that Haj is the biggest test of Ones Sabr.. Patience.

Buildings collapse every where in the world, not only in Saudi Arabia. Stampedes also occur every where and a good example is during important Football matches. Compare the crowds present at football matches to the crowds performing Haj. Only when one really goes to Haj will one realize the services provided by the Saudi Government to Pilgrims.

Don't worry about your mother-in-law Jenni, Insha Allah she will be okay. One needs to have Sabr and Trust in Allah.

Wa Alaikum Salam

Edited by Alwardah
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 8:06pm
Arabian knight -I agree with you. I am afraid of crowds and don't know how I will ever be able to do Haj. That many people in one place with poor managemant is a disaster. If I go Inshalla I will stay way out of the center of the crowds and yes it will take me much longer. But I will not force my way up to the front, If the crowds are big I will stay on the outside and do the best I can. Are all of these things like throwing the stones at the walls really required??? And I read the Shia scholars said out of safety thier people could do it in the morning and non crowded times. Why can't our scholars come up with something sensible? My mother in law is elderly and in poor health. My husband and his sister are planning on taking her for Haj next year. I don't know how she will handle those crowds. I will be worried about them. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:47pm
Somone has to better manage this stuff..

I personally find it an absurdity that need-less deaths take-place... Stampedes, Building Collapses, tent-fires.... its rediculous. People need to be better informed and better managed, via public service announcements or whatever it takes.

We cant just say 'It is in the Hands of Allah' and be done with it.... didnt God also say, that he helps those who help them selves?.. 

Just because its a  pilgrimage and an article of faith does not excuse it from decent standards of safety...

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:30pm

Bismillah

Allah knows best what is those people's destination and may He have Mercy on them and grant them His Forgiveness.

Although there is strong evidence confirming that death during Hajj is one of a martyr, it should not stop people from performing all the rituals accordingly, without exaggerated mental detachments and intoxicating chants leading to panic and ignorance of brothers and sisters around...

There is no point blaming Saudi government either... it is us individuals that need to be aware at all times and remind others to do the same.

MOCKBA
skygazer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skygazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:10pm

I've been in huge, compressed crowds, and they take on a life of their own. It was nobody's fault, but once I thought for sure I was going to be crushed; I can see why people would panic. And once it starts there's nothing you can do, you're trapped in it.

Do the Saudis put a limit on how many can come each year? Seems to me like that would make sense.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:10am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

What a heartless, crude thing to say, a_!� These people were people of faith�who are in paradise right now.

you are missing the point herjihad
It's the peoples own fault.
They should do hajj in a systematic and civilized manner, and should care about the other people too. I know someone who went to hajj and he told me that people become passionate and start throwing shoes at the place where they throw stones. I mean what if the shoe hits someone in the eye?. Instead of getting selfish they should care about the children and elderly people first.

Edited by ak_m_f
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:26am

Pray for their families left behind, God will care for the ones that have died already.  And Pray for the ones injured and not dead.

Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:20am

More people control is needed, but to be quite honest there is a alot to be desired by some of the behaviours of people while performing Hajj.

Although, Allah had decided it was their time and how lucky they were to pass away in a place like that and at a time like this.

May their souls rest in peace.

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic