IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 5:15am
Yes, like is there ANY proof that did not follow the dietary laws? Any?? 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

When Christians say the Bible what they REALLY mean is the New Testament.

And yet its in all the copies of the Bible... you get both.. the Mosaic Laws and the 'new' Testament. Why bother with the old, if you should not follow it?

Otherwise how would they know what laws not to follow? It's a complicated system...

...right, it gets further tangled when you see quotes like " I came to fulfill the law" attached to Jesus in the same book.
Hasan

Jesus never said otherwise. Jesus was a Jew, preached to the Jews, and followed the Mosaic Laws, period. Anyone who states differently should have some sort of scriptural proof positive to back it up.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 4:48pm

And yet its in all the copies of the Bible... you get both.. the Mosaic Laws and the 'new' Testament. Why bother with the old, if you should not follow it?

Otherwise how would they know what laws not to follow? It's a complicated system...

...right, it gets further tangled when you see quotes like " I came to fulfill the law" attached to Jesus in the same book.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 04 August 2009 at 4:49pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 11:06am

Summation of the Law and Prophets:

In all things, do unto others as you would have them do to you.

You follow that law, you follow them all.
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. (John 5:39-40)
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 10:07am

Eleanor Roosevelt
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 9:36am

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 4:35am
[QUOTE=ZEA J][QUOTENot good enough.  Show me the command for christians to kill[/QUOTE]

"Deuteronomy 17
17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Hi, I found the above from a website. I don't know if it's an actual qoute from the bible or not.

[/QUOTE]

That's from the Old Testament, where there are more commands to kill than you can imagine, but the Christians will say that the Old Testament doesn't count anymore. They will say that Jesus brougyt a new covenant, even though Jesus himself said the opposite, and the old Mosaic Laws are no longer valid, even though Jesus himself followed them and commanded his followers to do the same.

Eleanor Roosevelt
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 9:12pm
[QUOTENot good enough.  Show me the command for christians to kill[/QUOTE]

"Deuteronomy 17
17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Hi, I found the above from a website. I don't know if it's an actual qoute from the bible or not.

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic