IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Famous Quotes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - General Quotes  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2010 at 4:40am
Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.

Imam Al-Ghazali
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 11:06am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 10:41am
"The Art of Peace is medicine for a sick world. There is evil and disorder in the world, because people have forgotten that all things emanate from one source. Return to that source and leave behind all self-centered thoughts, petty desires, and anger. Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything." -- Morihei Ueshiba (O'Sensei)
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 10:35am

Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets.

Napoleon
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 7:24am
Sign*Reader & HayfaClap
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:43pm
If you think about shortages, you�re going to attract more shortage! If you think about what�s missing, you�re going to attract more of what�s missing in your life. 
Dr. Dyer
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:25pm
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent...
Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb...
Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts...
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
                                        -Calvin Coolidge
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 4:19am

I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind.... I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the second volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of that great life.

Mahatma Gandhi, statement published in 'Young India,'1924.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
  Share Topic