IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 8:11am

Bismillah,

Salaamu alaykum, Sister Jenni.  I am humbled by your kind words.  JazzakAllahKhayr.  May Allah, SWT, forgive and guide us all.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:58am
Herjihad, I know your integrity!! IF I needed Islamic advice I would come to you First!!! Your a patient kind woman.. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:55am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

So I won't grin and bear it when Ammah makes the comment she just did.  She doesn't get it that that is hurtful and mean and not the same thing and doesn't apply.  I know she doesn't intend to hurt, but sisters need to be smarter and adapt and learn how to communicate lovingly and with compassion.  I know more sisters who stopped going to the mosque and Sister's groups for this attitude than for any other reason. 

Dear sis, which comment of mine hurt you?????

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:45am

Bismillah,

May Allah, The Merciful and Loving forgive you Sister Amah.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:41am

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Fatima,

Thank you for your kind comments.  Well, Okay.  I forgive you. . Thanks for caring!  You are so thoughtful in your wording, Ma'shah Allah!

Even though I'm being silly, there are two important issues here.  One is that even though the squeaky wheel gets the oil, all the wheels need oil.  Meaning that just because on this web site and others like it and in the mosques as well everyone you know and hear of says hijab meaning head scarf is obligatory et cetera et cetera, doesn't mean that millions of Muslims in this big world that Allah, SWT, created agree.  Millions of us don't agree and don't say that hijab, head scarf is obligatory.  And people get so mad that they start saying it is a bad thing, which I don't normally agree with.  So I am one person presenting this as one Islaamic point of view, but I represent many others who agree.

And if we can solve the issue of how to talk to one another in a loving, non-aggressive, non-offensive way, then we can fix a lot of other problems that we Muslims have amongst each other.  We have so many differences!  Muslims right now are fighting and killing each other and each other's children.  For the sake of Allah, SWT, and His good pleasure with us, we must learn to get along much better than we do.

So I won't grin and bear it when Ammah makes the comment she just did.  She doesn't get it that that is hurtful and mean and not the same thing and doesn't apply.  I know she doesn't intend to hurt, but sisters need to be smarter and adapt and learn how to communicate lovingly and with compassion.  I know more sisters who stopped going to the mosque and Sister's groups for this attitude than for any other reason. 

I don't want to insist with Muslims that I am right that hijab is Not obligatory.  But I do insist that Muslims not discount my integrity and sisters like me because we need to respect each other so that we can build a better world together.  You guys can believe that it is obligatory if you want.  And if you guys want, we can have dialogue about it.  But this debate is killing us.

(Reminder: I wore a scarf for 15 years and a jilbab very many years also. )

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:28am
Relax sister Fatima!

It is your duty to enjoin good and forbid evil......so continue doing that.

Allah says:

"Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. dont punish them)."  
(  سورة الأعراف  , Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #199)

"O you who believe! Take care of your ownselves, (do righteous deeds, fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)). If you follow the right guidance and enjoin what is right (Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbid what is wrong (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden) no hurt can come to you from those who are in error. The return of you all is to Allah, then He will inform you about (all) that which you used to do".  
(  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #105)

"O my son! (Luqman to his son) AqimisSalat (perform AsSalat), enjoin (people) for AlMaroof (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from AlMunkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allah, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befall you. Verily! These are some of the important commandments ordered by Allah with no exemption.  
(  سورة لقمان  , Luqman, Chapter #31, Verse #17)

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:18am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Im sorry for causing u a hurt sis herjihad, brother ak asked a question and i only mentioned the law, no one said that any1 who dont follow will go to hell cos alhamdulillah i know that Allah swt said in Holy Quran He forgives everything other than shirk to whomever He wills.  I know bout myself and im sure the intention of other sisters who said similar is the same that if some1 asks and is in doubt u try to encourage em to the right by stating the law and every thing else that u can do only to encourage another person into complete submission of Allah swt bcos u know thats whats best for the soul of each n every individual.

sis what men do of wrong is also said to be wrong and im sure there will be many brothers who would be encouraging them to the right path, another thing please dont take everything as an isult or something and if makes u angry then inshaAllah say Istghfar and then forgive for sake of ur lord cos Allah swt loves those who forgive others for his sake, u r getting double reward as u getting wronged and bearing it and then forgiving aswell, and mayb intention of the other person is really sincere cos matters of heart are only known to Allah swt

Lastly living in west i do know its hard so no one should judge another person but sis see the reward, those people in time of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) and He (saw) himself went through worst of abuse but those are the ones who get nearness of Allah swt, Mayb when some1 mentions hijab is only with the good heart of thinkin all the reward u will get and will also help them in attainin more so subhanAllah thousand of reason, im so so so so so ........ sorry, hope u forgive me

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 5:45am
Bismillah,

Assalaamualaikum

As far as going to hell is concerned....Only Allah knows who will go to hell and who to heaven! It is not our place to say such things.

HADITH QUDSI: Narrated AbuHurayrah: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: There were two men among Banu Isra'il, who were striving for the same goal. One of them would commit sin and the other would strive to do his best in the world. The man who exerted himself in worship continued to see the other in sin. He would say: Refrain from it. One day he found him in sin and said to him: Refrain from it. He said: Leave me alone with my Lord. Have you been sent as a watchman over me? He said: I swear by Allah, Allah will not forgive you, nor will he admit you to Paradise. Then their souls were taken back (by Allah), and they met together with the Lord of the worlds. He (Allah) said to this man who had striven hard in worship; Had you knowledge about Me or had you power over that which I had in My hand? He said to the man who sinned: Go and enter Paradise by My mercy. He said about the other: Take him to hell. AbuHurayrah said: By Him in Whose hand my soul is, he spoke a word by which this world and the next world of his were destroyed.  (Book #41, Hadith #4883)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic