IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HAPPY Christmas?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAPPY Christmas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 4:42am
Abu Loren,

Salaam Alaikum. It may be a good idea stop our debate where it is. I have made my points, and you have made yours. You have not been able to refute any of the points I have made, either about the story of the Thamud, or Muhammad's teaching on the Day of Resurrection.

Continue to follow your religion if you wish. I have respect for you for being so outspoken about your faith, even if I believe it is wrong.

I pray that one day you will come to Christ, so you can experience eternal life with Him in Heaven.

Take care,

TG12345
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 11:26pm
TG12345

I think we are done on this thread. We just keep going round and round in cirlces.

To you is your religion and to me is mine.

God help you. Ameen.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Most of the answers provided were historically and scientifically and in other ways factually wrong. I showed this to be the case in my responses, and challenged the people who wrote them to respond.

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Any answer that a Muslim can give MUST come from the Qur'an and Sunnah and not based on their own personal opinions.

I don't use personal opinion in my posts challenging most of the things that the Quran and hadiths teach. I was using scientific and historical facts, and I compare them to what Islam teaches.

Muslims have the TRUTH behind them and inevitably there will be people like you who will never understand because your premise to begin with is wrong. If you believe in the Trinity wholeheartedly then you will never understand the Qur'an. You will never understand that there is just God. He doesn't have to reveal Himself to mankind as 3 distinct persons as if He has multiple personality disorder. He is above what you associate with Him.

Even if I were to not believe that God is not a Trinity (astaghfirullah!), the mistakes contained in the Quran and hadiths would still stand out. When I read the Quran, I actually tried to set aside the fact that God exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and what He did for us on the cross; so I could examine what the Quran has to say not from the lenses of my Christian faith. I asked God to just plain show me whether it is true or it isn't.

He certainly did show me.

Let's go back and examine your thread about Thamud. You are under the impression that the Nabataens contructed the buildings that are around the area known as Al Hijr.

Actually, both Muslim and non-Muslim historians and archaeologists say that. Look back to that thread. I gave source after source that all the same thing.

Precious to this you asked a question asking if the people of Aad and Thamud existed before the people of Moses and Pharaoh and people here confirmed that they in fact did. So how do you judge? Why jump from a few thousand years to two thousand years?

I asked the Muslims on this forum whether Salih existed before Moses and Pharaoh and the answer was yes. I looked in the Quran itself, and it confirms that.

If the Thamud lived during in that area between 100 BC to AD 100 (around the time that these buildings were carved from rock), then the Quran could be correct in saying that they carved buildings from mountains in that area. Given that the Thamud lived more than a milennium prior to that time and these buildings were made in the time listed above, we know that they didn't make them. The Nabataeans did.

The logical conclusion is that the Nabataens inherited the land of Al Hijr but you just simply would not accept that answer because in your head only you can be right and all the Muslims must be wrong.

Do us both a favour and read what I wrote. I didn't say that the Thamud didn't live in the area before the Nabataeans.

I am saying that they weren't the ones who carved buildings out of mountains. The Nabataeans were.

Go back to the thread and see all the sources I have provided.

Here are some more academic sources saying the same thing:

The National Museum Guide- Saudi Arabia Through the Ages

Al-Hajer (Medain Saleh)
Al-Hajer or Medain Saleh is located 22 kilometers
northeast of Al-Ula. Its historical reputation based
on its position along the ancient trade route linking
the Arabian Peninsula, the Levant, and Egypt. The
settlement had two main roads, the first one led to Petra
via Tabuk, and the other led to Mesopotamia through
Tayma and Dawmat al Jandal. Majority of the ruins in
the city date back to Nabatean period. Next to Petra, it
is no doubt the most important Nabataean site in the
world. Accounts from the Quran, however, tell of an
earlier settlement of the area by the tribe of Thamud.

Characteristic of Nabatean rock-cut architecture, the
geology of Madain Saleh provided the perfect medium
for the carving of monuments and living spaces.
Nabataean inscriptions often inscribed on tomp
fa�ades. Archaeological excavations revealed that the
Nabateans carved elaborate features into the soft stone,
rainwater tanks and places of worship.

Dedan and al-Hijr

At about the start of the Christian era, the Nabataeans took control of the oasis. They settled at al-Hijr, which grew considerably. It was from this period that the famous rock necropolis dates, with its splendid fa�ades cut in the sandstone like those at Petra.

In 106 AD, Rome annexed the Nabataean kingdom. Al-Hijr became a Roman town, as is
illustrated by a superb Latin inscription from the end of the reign of Marcus Aurelius
(161�180).

An inscription in Nabataean-type Aramaic, dating from the middle of the 4th century,
mentions princes of al-Hijr with biblical names. This fact is indicative that Judaism was probably the dominant religion.

Al-H�r was abandoned before Islam. The Quran refers to it as one of the victims of divine
anger (15:80�84). A French and Saudi archaeological team has been studying the site for about ten years.

Page 50
http://www.scta.gov.sa/Antiquities-M..._Arabie_ar.pdf

I challenge you to provide one academic source that dates these structures to any time prior to 100 BC- AD 100. Go ahead.

Given that the Jews are monotheists who worship Allah, how would you explain the following narrations in which Muhammad describes the Day of Resurrection and how peoples will be judged on the basis of what they believe- during which allegedly every nation and every people will be asked to follow what they worshiped. He said that first of all, people who worshiped stones, false deities, idols, crosses will follow them and fall into hellfire until no one will be left but  those who worshiped God and some of the People of the Book. Then the Jews will allegedly be asked what they worshiped, and they will say "Ezra the Son of God" and will fall into hellfire. Then the Christians will be asked the same and they will say "Jesus the Son of God" and will fall into hellfire. Then Muslims will be asked and they will say they worshiped God, and the good ones among them will go to Paradise and the bad ones will spend some time in hell.As we know, 99.9% if not all religious Jews neither worship Ezra or Jesus or stones or crosses or idols or false deities. They also are not Muslims, and do not accept Muhammad as a Prophet of God.So what will happen to them on the Day of Resurrection? Muhammad neatly divided all the peoples and all the nations into categories that excludes Jews as well as other non-Christian and non-Muslim monotheists.

The Qur'an tells us that a sect of the Jews used to worhsip Ezra as the son of god just like the Chritians worship Jesus. God tells us not to associate anyone or anything with him in worship.

Correct.

We are also told in the Qur'an that those Jews and Christians who worshipped God in the proper way will receive their reward.

Correct. Do not the Quran and hadiths also teach that those who do not accept Muhammad as a messenger will go to hell?

Because that, as I am sure you know, describes the beliefs of most of the world's religious Jews. They worship God alone. Yet they also do not accept Muhammad. And they do not worship Ezra, stones, idols, crosses or false deities.

Yet Muhammad, in his teaching on the Day of Resurrection, described the fate of every person and every nation. It seems he was unaware of, or completely forgot about, about non-Christian and non-Muslim monotheists... like for example, the Jews.

We all make mistakes, of course. But given the fact he was telling his followers about the fate of the world on the Day of Resurrection, it makes you wonder where he was getting his info from. It wasn't Allah, that's for sure.

By the way, reading the Qur'an just once and thinking that you know it all will not help. It is a life long study to gain an iota of knowledge and He gives knowledge to whom He Wills.

I can read it again. The mistakes contained in it don't disappear.

In my own personal experience by reading the Qur'an over and over again you are given pieces of knowledge as if what you've just read wasn't there before. What I mean is that you will find a sentence that totally answers a question that you had in your head.

The reason that you do not find any answers is because from the beginning you set out to disprove and invalidate the Qur'an. That was a bad idea. And you are still fighting against God by nit picking a verse here and verse there and trying to prove that a man made it all up.

I don't need to prove that the Quran is not from God. The errors contained in it, and the errors contained in Muhammad's teachings, show this very clearly.

PS BTW notice I didn't ever say on this forum that the Quran was made by a man. Read what I actually say before knocking down strawmen.

Repent then fall down on your face asking forgiveness.

I fall to my face asking God for forgiveness everyday. I hope that one day you do the same thing, and repent for not accepting what He did for you on the cross, and accusing Him of being the author of the Quran.

Edited by TG12345 - 18 February 2014 at 8:41pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 5:13am
For TG12345

Sahih International
It is He who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion. And sufficient is Allah as Witness.
Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.
48:28-29
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 5:10am

Most of the answers provided were historically and scientifically and in other ways factually wrong. I showed this to be the case in my responses, and challenged the people who wrote them to respond.

Any answer that a Muslim can give MUST come from the Qur'an and Sunnah and not based on their own personal opinions. Muslims have the TRUTH behind them and inevitably there will be people like you who will never understand because your premise to begin with is wrong. If you believe in the Trinity wholeheartedly then you will never understand the Qur'an. You will never understand that there is just God. He doesn't have to reveal Himself to mankind as 3 distinct persons as if He has multiple personality disorder. He is above what you associate with Him.

Let's go back and examine your thread about Thamud. You are under the impression that the Nabataens contructed the buildings that are around the area known as Al Hijr. Precious to this you asked a question asking if the people of Aad and Thamud existed before the people of Moses and Pharaoh and people here confirmed that they in fact did. So how do you judge? Why jump from a few thousand years to two thousand years? The logical conclusion is that the Nabataens inherited the land of Al Hijr but you just simply would not accept that answer because in your head only you can be right and all the Muslims must be wrong.

Given that the Jews are monotheists who worship Allah, how would you explain the following narrations in which Muhammad describes the Day of Resurrection and how peoples will be judged on the basis of what they believe- during which allegedly every nation and every people will be asked to follow what they worshiped. He said that first of all, people who worshiped stones, false deities, idols, crosses will follow them and fall into hellfire until no one will be left but� those who worshiped God and some of the People of the Book. Then the Jews will allegedly be asked what they worshiped, and they will say "Ezra the Son of God" and will fall into hellfire. Then the Christians will be asked the same and they will say "Jesus the Son of God" and will fall into hellfire. Then Muslims will be asked and they will say they worshiped God, and the good ones among them will go to Paradise and the bad ones will spend some time in hell.As we know, 99.9% if not all religious Jews neither worship Ezra or Jesus or stones or crosses or idols or false deities. They also are not Muslims, and do not accept Muhammad as a Prophet of God.So what will happen to them on the Day of Resurrection? Muhammad neatly divided all the peoples and all the nations into categories that excludes Jews as well as other non-Christian and non-Muslim monotheists.

The Qur'an tells us that a sect of the Jews used to worhsip Ezra as the son of god just like the Chritians worship Jesus. God tells us not to associate anyone or anything with him in worship.

We are also told in the Qur'an that those Jews and Christians who worshipped God in the proper way will receive their reward.

By the way, reading the Qur'an just once and thinking that you know it all will not help. It is a life long study to gain an iota of knowledge and He gives knowledge to whom He Wills.

In my own personal experience by reading the Qur'an over and over again you are given pieces of knowledge as if what you've just read wasn't there before. What I mean is that you will find a sentence that totally answers a question that you had in your head.

The reason that you do not find any answers is because from the beginning you set out to disprove and invalidate the Qur'an. That was a bad idea. And you are still fighting against God by nit picking a verse here and verse there and trying to prove that a man made it all up.

Repent then fall down on your face asking forgiveness.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 3:34am
Salaam Alaikum, NABA.
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

at tg12345,those books were onlyfor those people and for that period of time,

Really? Then why does 7:157 state:

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."

Clearly, 7:157 was addressed to people in the time of Muhammad. How could the followers of Jesus or Moses have followed him and helped him if they lived centuries before he did?

Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

U shud watch dr zakir nak programs in which he describes how Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) being prophesied in different scriptures.

Please give me one link and we will discuss it.

So far, we have seen that Muhammad was not discussed in John 16:12.

We know this because:

A) In John 16 Jesus said He will send the Helper, and we know that Jesus did not send Muhammad.

B) Jesus told the disciples He was talking to that the Spirit of Truth will speak to them, and Muhammad was born centuries after they passed away.

I look forward to seeing other Scriptures in which you believe Muhammad is prophesied.

Hopefully we can agree that John 16:12 is not one of them.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 12:28am
at tg12345,those books were onlyfor those people and for that period of time,U shud watch dr zakir nak programs in which he describes how Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) being prophesied in different scriptures.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 12:17pm

Many 'born again' Christians think that they are better than the Christians in Rome but when you look at the history before Luther and later the reformation there was only the religion of Rome, whether you want to deny that or not. The Christian belief system stems from the Council of Nicea, there it was the Romans who were in charge and they wanted a man god and they got it. Really the alarm bells should be ringing in every Christian's head when they hear Christianity and Rome are mentioned together.The true Christians were persecuted into extinction.

Greetings Abu Loren,

I must say...
you complain that others have not done their research regarding islam... yet most of us have come here after reading qur'an.
You say that they do not learn... what about yourself? 
Why haven't you done the proper research about the council of Nicea and how the true scriptures were in place well before that council ever convened... Why haven't you learned?
Shall I say that you attack Christianity?  I can say that you have lack of knowledge to understand.
Have you read the Christian scriptures?

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 17 February 2014 at 12:20pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic