IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did God turn his back on Israel and Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did God turn his back on Israel and Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:02pm
Hasan, you haven't stated any problem yet. You are still grasping for straws, the fact still remains the same as I have stated before and shown. Ishmael was NOT part of the covenant, he never was.

No wonder he is NOT stated, even in the Quran as the child that was to be sacrificed! The Bible rightly stated Isaac.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

and what is this mistreatment of Isaac by Ishmael, from where do you get that?
Hasan
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I can answer in part;

CAringheart and others,
read the last line, it does not tell anything like what you say that God turned his back, instead it says what it says, just read it loud. And this is for those of your who take Bible as pure word of God. At least believe that.
Hasan

Well for myself I never did say that God turned His back on Ishmael.  On the contrary I said, "He has his part to play."

I was only answering your question, i.e.
Hasan

Edited by Caringheart - 24 January 2013 at 2:50pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 12:56pm
The funny thing about the Bible account is that when Isaac was born Ishmael was already 14 years old. While the Bible portrays Ishmael as a small child while in those days a 15 year old man was an..adult!
"And Abraham arose early in the morning, and he took bread and a leather pouch of water, and he gave [them] to Hagar, he placed [them] on her shoulder, and the child, and he sent her away; and she went and wandered in the desert of Beer sheba."
"And the water was depleted from the leather pouch, and she cast the child under one of the bushes"
"
Rise, pick up the lad and grasp your hand upon him, for I shall make him into a great nation."

Also remember to add a couple of years for Isaac weaning period! "And the child grew and was weaned, and Abraham made a great feast on the day that Isaac was weaned." So that makes Ishmael at least 16 years of age!!!!!!!!!

So how many problems we will have to deal with in the Bible?
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 24 January 2013 at 1:03pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Kish,
....and that misinterpretation is ??
Hasan
I can answer in part;

<span id="en-KJV-523" ="text Gen-21-9"><sup ="versenum">9�And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-524" ="text Gen-21-10"><sup ="versenum">10�Wherefore
she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son
of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-525" ="text Gen-21-11"><sup ="versenum">11�And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-526" ="text Gen-21-12"><sup ="versenum">12�And
God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of
the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto
thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.</span>

<span id="en-KJV-527" ="text Gen-21-13"><sup ="versenum">13�And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.� (the book of Genesis)</span>

CAringheart and others,
read the last line, it does not tell anything like what you say that God turned his back, instead it says what it says, just read it loud. And this is for those of your who take Bible as pure word of God. At least believe that.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:26pm

Did God turn his back on Islam?

Geneses 26:24, 25 says he did

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 8:38pm
Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

Certainly and beyond that. This is according to the teaching of Muhammad that always one must have a detailed exposition of facts and proofs, evidences, signs etc.
You see Caringheart, the G-d of Abraham told Muhammad, "If you are in doubt of what has been revealed to you ask those who have the scripture (book) before you. Indeed the truth has come from your Lord and so do not be in doubt."
There is certainly a way to live in harmony from the teaching of Muhammad, but most of you hate it.

Friendship
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Let us begin from Canaan to today. I do not want to speculate and cause unsheathing swords.

Friendship.

Hello Friendship,

I am confused by your confusion... "from Canaan to today"? 
You mean from the time Moses led his people to the land of Canaan?
That is what I was addressing.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 5:04am

Let us begin from Canaan to today. I do not want to speculate and cause unsheathing swords.

Friendship.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic