IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims In Non-Muslim Countries  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMuslims In Non-Muslim Countries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 7:39am
And secondly - so much for your Islamic manners by making fun of my title. I have never met a more RUDE bunch of people. And you people want to impress the West about Islam ? Go on dreaming... When are you going to uphold the political interests of your fellow Non-Muslim citizen ? What are you waiting for ? Go and uphold the political interests of your fellow Non-Muslim citizen. Don't just say that its easy to be a Muslim minority in a Non-Muslim country. Don't talk - ACT NOW - by promoting the political interests of your fellow Non-Muslim. And do it democratically too ! Then come and tell me whether its easy to represent Non-Muslim values, aspirations and interests.

Edited by Dr Syed Alwi
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 7:37am
Since you people know so much about Islam and you think that I don't - then why are you promoting a Political brand of Islam in your adopted Western country ? Since when did the British or the Americans want to give up their democracy for your Islamic State ? As for Singapore - Muslims have many problems. Denying this is closing your eye towards the ugly reality that Muslims FAIL to integrate into Non-Muslim societies. As for India - I don't think that even you will accept their so-called Muslim commander as a true Muslim. Indeed I put it to you that this commander of yours will never shoot at Pakistan. And thats the reality you have to live with....That you cannot uphold the aspirations, values and political interests of your fellow Non-Muslim citizens. Indeed - where are Muslims integrated well into a Non-Muslim society ? NOWHERE ! So don't tell me nonsense before you think hard. Go and dream of your Islamic State in the West. Carry on.....for the rest of the world can see through your denial syndrome. Maybe when the next bomb explodes - then perhaps you will admit the failure of Muslim minorities to integrate into Non-Muslim societies.

Edited by Dr Syed Alwi
fanaofallah View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 7:13am
yeah i think they should!
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 7:10am

I only know one doctor,DR.Eutker...no need more,insh'Allah...

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 6:22am

Assalamu alaikum,

Yes, Dr. Nausheen, I definately agree with your diagnosis!

Peace, Dr. Ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 5:58am

Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

To me - this is just another piece of evidence that Islam needs a reform.

To many I hope, this is a peice of evidence you know very little about Islam, and need some sincere efforts to understand better.

Regards,

Dr. Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
beloved View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 5:53am
Can a Muslim be committed to a Non-Muslim country ? I do not know. Ask yourself whether you are prepared to uphold the political interests of the Non-Muslim majority ? What happens when the political interest of the Non-Muslims is at the expense of other Muslim countries ? Will you hurt Muslims elsewhere just to promote the political cause of your fellow Non-Muslim citizens ? So you see - it is no simple matter to be a Muslim minority in a Non-Muslim country.

Dr. Syed, I feel you are just like Salman Rushdie.  What about India, Singapore, Mauritius etc which have considerable Muslim population?

In fact the Supreme Commander of Indian Armed Forces is a Muslim.

A Muslim, by the very definition, should have his belief intact.

So there is nothing like hurting a fellow Muslim.

O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female; And We have made you tribes and sub-tribes that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable among you, in the sight of Allah, is he who is the most righteous among you. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware. 49:13

So you see - it is a simple matter to be a Muslim minority in a Non-Muslim country.

God above State or State above God ?

God is always above State, but religion can never be above State.

To me - this is just another piece of evidence that Islam needs a reform.

This is where I feel you are like Salman Rushdie.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:35pm

Can a Muslim be committed to a Non-Muslim country ? I do not know. Ask yourself whether you are prepared to uphold the political interests of the Non-Muslim majority ? What happens when the political interest of the Non-Muslims is at the expense of other Muslim countries ? Will you hurt Muslims elsewhere just to promote the political cause of your fellow Non-Muslim citizens ? So you see - it is no simple matter to be a Muslim minority in a Non-Muslim country. Think about it...and tell me your dilemmas here.....God above State or State above God ? Perhaps one way of seeing this is to acknowledge that we need to re-interpret Islam so that Muslim minorities will not be left in a very difficult situation. As a minority, Muslims cannot be expected to form an Islamic State/Khilafah in a Non-Muslim democracy. Because the Non-Muslim majority will never ever support such a political cause. You won't get the votes in a democracy ! To me - this is just another piece of evidence that Islam needs a reform.

Regards

Dr Syed Alwi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic