IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are These Acts of Idolatry?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are These Acts of Idolatry?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum,Ron it seems u didn't did ur homework well, firsr of all we worship only Allah and we can't attach any humanely attribute to it,we kiss blackstone and touch it because it is Sunnah of prophet Muhammad (pbuh),u tell me if one worships anything does he hv courage or ability to touch it????

Maybe, maybe not; but I'm not saying you worship the Black Stone.  Nor are the people in those photos literally worshipping stone or wood or paint.  Here is how one Web site explains it:

"The worshippers are not bowing down to stone, they are not worshipping a statue; they are approaching these sacred images as the means to get to the God behind the image. In a similar way, a Christian may kneell before a crucifix of Jesus and pray. The worshipper is not worshipping the wooden cross, but instead he is approaching his object of devotion, Jesus, through the manifestation of the crucifix. This is a form of idol worship from a Hindu perspective. Even a Muslim, who will never worship any form, cannot help but have some abstract mental image or concept of God. This too is an idol of God, albeit an abstract mental idol. It can not be helped. This is what I mean when I say there is no way to conceive of and worship God except through some form of idol worship."
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Lachi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 12:51pm
So the examples A-D can be judged solely on the image without taking into account the participants' intent. But the Black Stone needs you to understand the intent because it is 'different'.

Double standards are very evident.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 6:06am
Assalamalecum,Ron it seems u didn't did ur homework well, firsr of all we worship only Allah and we can't attach any humanely attribute to it,we kiss blackstone and touch it because it is Sunnah of prophet Muhammad (pbuh),u tell me if one worships anything does he hv courage or ability to touch it????the people who worship in these photos their intention is to worship these objects, we do hajj and umrah because of the commandment of Allah whenever we do it we state that whatever we are doing it is for Allah only.because Allah knows our heart in fact he says in ch 20 v 7 it is not necessary to call him by uttering we can remember him even thru our hearts.main thing is intention.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 8:21pm
You forgot to include an image of millions of Muslims bowing to a Black Stone.

Oh yeah, they're not actually worshipping the stone.  The stone is just the focus of their worship, not the object of worship itself.

But don't you think that is what all those other worshippers would say?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 5:55pm
Alright, so here is "quiz" of sorts.  Look at the pictures below and determine if the act shown constitutes the act of idolatry.

A. 

B. 

C. 

D. 

Which of these images represents idolatry?

A. A

B. B

C. C

D. D

E. All of the Above

F. Not sure

G. A and D only  

Edited by islamispeace - 24 June 2014 at 5:57pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic