IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Niqab Rage'  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'Niqab Rage'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 8:36pm
Chrysalis, you have written, "If a community wants to practice a certain code that does not infringe the rights of others... they have a right to, and should."  It sounds to me as though you think Islamic Law should supercede a nations laws.  Is this correct??  For example, do you feel that the followers of Islam in the United States should be able to take more than one wife???  After all, they are only affecting other members of Islam.  Or, as another example, do you feel that apostates should be dealt with according to Islamic Law???  
Kindly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 1:34pm
@ Crysalis

I so agree.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 3:36am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

What this teacher did is totally unacceptable. But modern Muslims

That "but" says it all... 

Quote We need 21st century thinking to deal with 21st century challenges. We don't want people who seem stuck in 7th century thinking have any political power in Europe.

What exactly is 21st century thinking? Thinking is a relative term. And what is 7th century thinking?

What this lady did by attacking a woman wearing a niqab (that to her represented 'islamism' whatever that is) ; will that be considered 21st century thinking or 7th century thinking ?

Quote Sharia law has no place in Europe.

Says you. Shariah law has a place anywhere in the world as long as there are muslims in that community who want to practice it. It should not be a concern for Non-Muslims since it does not infringe on their rights or interests in anyway. And that applies to any sort of religious law. Whether it be Christian or Judaic law. If a community wants to practice a certain code that does not infringe the rights of others... they have a right to, and should.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 2:03am
Of course walking behind someone is not subservience.  Subservience is being required to walk behind someone by law.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 7:35am
What this teacher did is totally unacceptable. But modern Muslims capable of critical thinking need to understand the worries in Europe. Islamism (political Islam) poses a real threat to modern European societies. We need 21st century thinking to deal with 21st century challenges. We don't want people who seem stuck in 7th century thinking have any political power in Europe. Sharia law has no place in Europe. We want to preserve our democratic values and the Age of Enlightenment. And we hope that more moderate Muslim speak up and help us keep both militant and non-militant Islamists in check. Many see veils and headscarves as a political symbol of rising Islamism.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:26pm
I agree it won't prevent all attacks.. but its coomn sense... we tel women in self-defense, and most women know walk with a friend or a buddy.. common sense.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Kindly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 5:40pm
In this situation: yes.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 5:33pm
Would having a male there truly prevent attacks? I mean what if it was a group of people?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic