IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please read! This is to my brethren here!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPlease read! This is to my brethren here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please read! This is to my brethren here!
    Posted: 18 June 2006 at 11:26am

I hope the moderators can be attentive here as I have both a slight complaint and comment. I understand that its hard for so many members  to intellectually respond to me without using derogatory remarks or replying unintelligently. Perhaps the downfall of human intelligence is to respond to someone in an unintelligent fashion by making personal rearks to the individual which is has no relation to what is being discussed. Sister/Brother Abeer23 made such remarks by saying in the following:

>>>> Abeer23 said: Brother, when you say these kinds of things and lead this kind of lifestyle you shouldn't be surprised when muslim brothers in the mosque give you the "you're okay to pray with but no you can't marry my daughter" attitude.  Nor should you be offended when sisters break off engagements with you.<<<<<<<

Now this was made in the now closed discussion "My ideas on Homosexuality" which was a reference to my comment when I mentioned that I have gay friends whom I discuss and have conversations with and whom I have befriended. Now I can understand that my relationship with gays maybe disagreeable however what does my past have to do with the discussion at hand? Abeer23 says that we must do what is good and forbad what was evil and in the same breath made this remark. I made the mistake in even trusting this so-called Muslim family in expressing some personal feelings and I must apologize for my own ignorance. I assumed that the great e-Muslim community is mindful and respectful of personal issues but I was proven wrong.

These comments are reasons why I'm not so close to Muslims and gives me more of a reason to question my own faith and question whether I belong in Islam. Yes perhaps my faith is weak but at least I'm open about it and struggle to come to grips with my own deficiencies. In the context of Abeer23's comment it seems he/she is justifying not only my experiences with racist families but justify my former fiancee leaving me just to be with her own culture, now in knowing more in depth the personal context and where her/his comments stem from, what  do these relaities have anything to do with the subject of homosexuality? Absolutely nothing!

There are better ways to articulate a disagreement but making personal references towards a subject which nothing personal should be mentioned baffles me. I'm sure none of the moderators are going to respond here but I'sd rather risk the chance than not saying anything. This is totally baffling that we as a community can do this to each other. I am a friend to any human being who is worthy of a friendship. I am no judge over whatever lifesytle a human chooses to lead, but regardless my personal issues of my PAST has nothing to do with my ideas on sexual orientation of others....Can anyone see the shock here besides me?

Edited by Israfil
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 11:43am

Dear Israfil,

I wish you peace, joy, and love in your life.  To say anything in regards to your post would be of no help to you.  I hope some of the Muslims on this site will respond to you in a mature manner.  It is an Islamic board, so I don't feel I have any right to truly respond to your post.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:46pm

I doubt it, what I say here is of no importance to the moderators

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:56pm

Brothers, please do not make the confusion between Muslims and conservative people.

You have conservative people in every religion and they will just throw stones at the sinners because this is a conservative attitude, they do not know that maybe some of those sinners may go to Paradise with God's permission and they may not.

During the war againt the French, my family in Algeria was starving and who helped them? Guess brother! Prostitutes!! They were selling themselves to non_muslims, to Muslims because they were desperate (I am not defending prostitution) but they had a good heart. Why should I snob them when they helped us and maybe "good Muslims" from rich and conservative families may have looked down on me.

I have a gay friend who is not a Muslim. We have interesting conversations. InshAllha, one day, God will put him in the right way.

I think Abeer did not have the right to mention your break-up, that was out of context and nothing anyone can judge. I hope that he will apologise.

Do not follow Islam because of the Muslims, but for Islam Itself. Don't let hypocrites make you think maybe you do not belong to Islam. We all belong to Ilsam. Up to use if we submit to this idea, or not.

All the best brother!

Muslima

Edited by Muslima
ZEA J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:39pm

Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

Many Don't let hypocrites make you think maybe you do not belong to Islam.

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:41pm

I am not saying anyone in particular is hypocrite but I think people who judge their brothers are committing hypocrisy.

I think Israfil should be welcomed here and not be receiving messages that make him feel unaccepted.

In the same way, we should be more open to anyone because in the end, we do not know who will be a good Muslims, and who will not.

Does that make sense?

Rose View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 4:59am

Al Salaam Alaikom,

brother Israfil,

I understand what you are trying to say, It reminds me of an incident I heard of the prophet (saaws), Once the prophet (saaws) passed by a "non-muslim" funeral and stopped to watch, then some one said to him "why do you stop, you know these people are not muslims"  And the prophet said "isn't he Human?"  (Please correct me of any errors, I remember the story but not ever detail).

This goes to show how the prophet (pbuh) was so open minded and loving...(habibi ya rasoul Allah)

We are not to judge people of their acts, you may never know what The All Mighty has for them in their future, they might someday be a better Muslim and God will guide them to the light.......Allah knows best

I think you should do what you think is right and you are old enough to take your own decisions and no one but Allah will judge you or any other person.....

We should LEARN and TEACH eachother

Peace.

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 6:45am
MshAllah Rose, I agree with you and i hope brother Israfil will feel better and very welcomed here because we all like him! Even brother Abeer I am sure, he is just hiding it

Edited by Muslima
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic