IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do you hate about today’s society?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you hate about today’s society?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angeldesire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you hate about today’s society?
    Posted: 16 May 2006 at 3:55am
the coldness and fear in people, people are even to afraid to stop and help someone
Angel*�*.��.���`
"As I live each day may I do my part
to make one difference, to touch one heart,
And through each day may it be my goal
to encourage one mind and inspire one soul."
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 4:42am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Allah swt says in Holy Quran 'why do you say what you don't do'. i think that describes the majority of muslims these days and i wish, hope and pray that we change this thing about ourselves, all we seem to do is moarn bout stuff, and never try to change things ourselves forgetting that Allah swt don't change matters for us unless we ourselves try to change it and thats what i don't like bout our behaviour.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 8:02am

What do you hate about today�s society?

Alot of unnecessary prices hikes

Society? We are society  so really what you are saying is what do you hate about us/yourself, today  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 12:30am

oppression, exploitation...

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 12:38am
Fishcakes, grit under my finger nails and global warming.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 7:17am
I hate that the word sexy is everywhere on the t.v. My 3 year old said sexy sexy sexy the other day in the car. Everything is about being sexy, for men and women. Looking hot, sex, sex, sex. My six year old son asked why is sexy a bad word last night and what does it mean? T.v. has gotten way too focused on sex(actually all media) and even if you are watching news a commercial comes on for a sexy perfume or something. I am sick of it!!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:27am

Bismillah,

That we allow the powers-that-be to separate us and don't form our own community based support systems and grass roots movements regularly and freely.  This may be for the past as well as now.

That we don't forgive each other sooner and work better together to build on humanity's strengths rather than focus on its weaknesses.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 5:59am
The fact that people are uninterested in truth.  It is too much work and requires critcial thinking.  Everybody seems to prefer strident & opinionated argument to thoughtful conversation and demagogery rules the political arena.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic