IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about the Prophet  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about the Prophet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about the Prophet
    Posted: 11 August 2009 at 3:24pm
Hi everyone,

I have a question about P. Muhammad (PBUH).

Is it certified any miracle he did? I mean, in the same way that Jesus did with Lazaro (a disabled person to whom Jesus asked to "stand up and walk", and did), or the multiplication of bread & fishs, or the walk over the sea...

Is it certified any miracle from the Prophet?

Thanks in advance for any answer you may give me.

Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:33pm

From amongst them was the Qur'an, the manifest and clear miracle and brilliant proof, falsehood cannot approach it from before it or behind it. It is a revelation from One Who is All-Wise and Praiseworthy. It incapacitated the most eloquent of people in the most eloquent of times to produce a single chapter that would be comparable to it, even if the whole of creation were to gather for that purpose. Allah, the Exalted says,

"Say: If the whole of mankind and the jinn gathered in order to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like of it, even if they assisted each other." [Al-Israa' (17): 88]

It challenged them to this despite their large numbers, their eloquence and their severe enmity, and it challenges them to this day.

As for the other miracles, it is not possible to enumerate them all due to their huge number and renewing and increasing nature. However, I will mention some examples:

Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is it certified any miracle he did? I mean, in the same way that Jesus did with Lazaro (a disabled person to whom Jesus asked to "stand up and walk", and did), or the multiplication of bread & fishs, or the walk over the sea...

Thanks in advance for any answer you�may give me.

Patricia
Clarification:Jesus(As) did'nt perform any miracles himself he prayed to God and God made them happen.SubhanAllah!

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 15 September 2009 at 12:48pm
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Claification:Jesus(As) did'nt perform any miracles himself he prayed to God and God made them happen.SubhanAllah!
Hi,

Sorry, but as Catholics, we believe tha Jesus was doing the miracles himself, as God's Son.

I know you don't accept that Jesus was God's Son, but that's something inherent to our religion.

Actually, Jesus was doing part of his miracles on Sabbath, and that caused a small revolution between the "pure" Jews. In the Bible, it's said:

JN 5, 16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. 17Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this every day, and I, too, am working." 18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Regards,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 5:02am

Claification:Jesus(As) did'nt perform any miracles himself he prayed to God and God made them happen.SubhanAllah!

Hi,

Sorry, but as Catholics, we believe tha Jesus was doing the miracles himself, as God's Son.

I know you don't accept that Jesus was God's Son, but that's something inherent to our religion.

Actually, Jesus was doing part of his miracles on Sabbath, and that caused a small revolution between the "pure" Jews. In the Bible, it's said:

JN 5, 16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. 17Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this every day, and I, too, am working." 18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Regards,

Patricia
Please don't be sorry, you believe what you believe.Do you believe that when we all ask God for anything that we have to take the first step because, just prayer alone is not enough when you want something from God(example)I pray that God will help me pass my classes this semester)if I dont study then it probably wont happen.Dont the Bible say if you dont work you dont eat? without struggle you get a progress.All of the Prophets(As)(S.A.W) had there struggles.
Meditations View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meditations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:00pm

Dear Abdullah

Can you point me to where you get this info from ?

I always thought Jesus ( AS ) did perform this physically ( in a way similar to what Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH ) or Prophet Moses did , not by praying ( dua'a )

[Yusufali 3:49] "And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

AsSalam Alaykoum

Meditations View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meditations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:34pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any answer you may give me.

Patricia

Dear Patricia

As brother abuayisha pointed out , Apart from the Quran , Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH ) had numerous physical miracles
( I think there's at least over 1000 witnessed incidents of food/water multiplication , hearing ...etc.  )

But you don't need to just read about events that happened hundreds of years ago , there're so many examples of miracles related to Prophet Muahmmad ( PBUH ) that you can witness today

Miracles about Prophet Muhammad still occur until today through Quran , and words he spoke of

For example :
Quran says :
094.004 : And exalted thy fame
Today, 1430 years later
The name Muhammad is the most popular first name on earth
The name Muhammad is said out loud 5 times a day in every mosque in the world in Azan , and in every muslim's prayer

With time differences , and the semi-spherical nature of our earth , this means that there's no second that passes without his name ( PBUH ) being said thousands if not millions of times

Quran says :
15:9 : We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). 
Today , Quran is the most read book in the world , no other book is being memorized the same way muslim memorize Quran ( not only on the chapter , word and letter level , but on the level of vocal performance of each letter )

it's the only book that I know of that survived change or versioning over the years 

There're so many other examples , but I guess now you get our point ?

salahuddeen2009 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salahuddeen2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 1:20pm
salam to all
These are evidences from the new testament that Jesus had no power of his own,he acquired it all from the OneGod who sent him,TO PROVE THAT HE'S HIS MESSENGER,NOT A LIAR,that's why he prayed before resurrecting Lazarus,by Allah's Will&power
Luke11:20
But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come to you.
John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
John11:22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

John11:40-45
 40 Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" 41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me." 43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."

45 Therefore many of the Jews who had come to visit Mary, and had seen what Jesus did, put their faith in him.

John17:7
Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.
John7:16
Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me

NOW FOR THE MOST CLEAR ONE,SISTER PATI:

ACTS 2 :22 "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know

Allah says in the holy Quran,sura3,verses 45-52:
45. (Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, All�h gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. ��s� (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah ��s� (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to All�h."
46. "He will speak to the people in the cradle
[1] and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for All�h creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is.

48. And He (All�h) will teach him [(��s� (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Taur�t (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).

49. And will make him [(��s� (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by All�h�s Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by All�h�s Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

50. And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taur�t (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear All�h and obey me.

51. Truly! All�h is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.

52. Then when ��s� (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in All�h�s Cause?" Al-Haw�riyy�n (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of All�h; we believe in All�h, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to All�h)."

Edited by salahuddeen2009 - 15 September 2009 at 4:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic