Print Page | Close Window

Literalists versus other Muslims

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: Matters/topics, related to various sects, are discussed where only Muslims who may or may not belong to a sect take part.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9439
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 6:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Literalists versus other Muslims
Posted By: herjihad
Subject: Literalists versus other Muslims
Date Posted: 01 June 2007 at 8:49pm

Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Being as I became Muslimah under the Sunni traditions and learned many things from the Holy Quran and from Sahih Muslim, I can see things from the "Literalists" point of view.  However, I do not embrace literalism from things from 1400 years ago any longer in many aspects, although in some I do.

I feel that the Holy Quran is a blessed guidance for those who will reflect and think upon the true and undisputed principles contained therein.  And the literalists and I can agree on many things with this in mind.  So we need to strive to get along and develop a more productive, realistic community in which we acknowledge that we can believe differently and yet because of our love of the beautiful, eternal principles in the Blessed Quran, we build our community based on the things we agree on.

The first step must be to acknowledge and respect each other's deen, Islaam.  Are we out just to humiliate each other, or do we want to work together in forgiveness and obedience to the guiding principles in our Holy Book and the lives of all of our Blessed Prophets, Rasools and Nabees?

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Replies:
Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 03 June 2007 at 2:06am

Herjihad I learned that Islam is about the self....It's about being in unison with God. Yes we can forgive others but forgiveness or even the act to help others to forgive will not change the mentality of others. Frankly, I take a cue from the Qur'an and follow God because in the end nobody cannot answer for their own deeds accept you.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 03 June 2007 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Herjihad I learned that Islam is about the self....It's about being in unison with God. Yes we can forgive others but forgiveness or even the act to help others to forgive will not change the mentality of others. Frankly, I take a cue from the Qur'an and follow God because in the end nobody cannot answer for their own deeds accept you.

Brother Israfil,

This is true for many of us, yes, I agree.  Self care and personal responsibilty are two very important lessons I learned from the religion of Islaam.  People ask why I am a Muslim, since it is so beyond them to comprehend what benefit the religion would have for anyone, and these are two of the things I answer.

Thanks for your input.

I posed this question in an effort to work together as Muslims in building actual communities to strengthen our personal and communal Islaamic wherewithal and dynamic status in everyone's lives.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 07 June 2007 at 7:46pm

The first post 01 June is a good effort / idea by herjihad to benefit all friends. The muslims are misled by many misguided people. It is necessary to have a dialogue to improve the state of affairs. Many Muslims are not informed about the true loving peaceful teachings of Islam.

There are actually Muslims scholars who are reporting that Islam was spread by sword. They are advocating Jihad without knowing the conditions for that. I have my own information or feeling that the un-educated muslim leaders in various countries do not understand the meaning of Muslim and a kaafir.

I cannot understand what exactly herjihad is wishing for or trying to implement but I feel that there is something good in that. So, please let us pursue the matter in more detail. No hard feelings towards any one.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net