Print Page | Close Window

Islam�s View on DINOSAURS !

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: Matters/topics, related to various sects, are discussed where only Muslims who may or may not belong to a sect take part.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8815
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 11:22pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Islam�s View on DINOSAURS !
Posted By: sulooni
Subject: Islam�s View on DINOSAURS !
Date Posted: 12 March 2007 at 1:59am

http://islamquest.net/QuestionArchive/784.aspx - http://islamquest.net/QuestionArchive/784.aspx

What is Islam�s view regarding the existence of dinosaurs?

http://islamquest.net/QuestionArchive/784.aspx - http://islamquest.net/QuestionArchive/784.aspx

The Quran is a book of guidance and everything which supports this goal [of guidance] has been mentioned in this Holy Book. The method used in expressing matters is: focusing on the general aspects and less on the details and particulars, and the reason for that may be the unimaginable amount of specific topics and Islamic laws.[1]

In the Quran, even though much has been mentioned about the reality of life, various creatures, classification of living organisms into plants[2] and animals, and the categorization of land animals into quadrupeds (four legged animals) and birds[3], and the categorization of quadrupeds into reptiles, animals that walk on two legs and animals that walk on four legs[4]. Not only have the names of some insects, fish and other creatures been mentioned in the Quran, valuable details about them have been mentioned as well. However as far as dinosaurs and the nature of their life, nothing has been [specifically] mentioned in the Quran and Islam has not expressed any particular viewpoint on this topic. For these types of issues one must refer to the scientist and scholars of the respected fields and derive the Islamic laws and conduct from the basis of their opinions.

Discussions relating to the various types of animals and plants and inanimate objects are all a part of natural sciences as a result the answer must be sought out from natural sciences. Information about dinosaurs must be researched in paleontology books, books regarding extinct animals and zoological museums.

As it has been mentioned in the Quran and in other Islamic sources; much importance has been given to nature, its manifestation and a variety of beings, and they have been referred to as blessings and signs of the One God and His magnificence and dominance; because one of the methodical concepts of theism is paying attention to the existence of livening creatures and the works of God. And this is why the majority of animals that people have seen and are familiar with have been mentioned [in the Quran], so that we can reflect upon their creation.

If science is able to prove the existence and details of prehistoric and extinct animals such as dinosaurs then in actuality this proof itself is one of the numerous signs of God, which paves a new way for understanding the magnitude of the Lord, just as it states in the Holy Quran:

Say, �Travel over the land and then observe how He has originated the creation. Then Allah shall bring about the genesis of the hereafter. Indeed Allah has power over all things.[5] In Nemuneh Commentary it explains this verse saying: today, these types of verses can correspond to a more precise and deeper meaning for scientist, meaning that they should go and observe the remainings of prehistoric creatures which can now be found as fossils in the depths of the seas, and in the core of mountains and in between the layers of the earth in order to comprehend some of the mysteries of the origination of life on earth and the supremacy and splendor of God, and realize that He is capable of the restitution of life.[6]

Another point which we must pay attention to is that � Islam is unlike other religions which sometime have teachings which contradict and oppose scientific facts (especially natural sciences and issues relating to creation), which is the primary reason why they have separated their religious discourses from scientific discourses, as well as the methodology of religious livelihood from scientific livelihood, and it is also one of the reasons for many other irrational religious discourses.

The teachings of Islam and the Quran not only have absolutely no type of contradiction with scientific facts, rather from the very time when the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) embraced the divine mission of prophethood, Islam foretold many scientific advancements, inventions and discoveries, and gave value and worth to knowledge, scholars and their respected opinions, and in many instances Islam has used the phenomenon and marvel of creation as evidence and proof of �origin and end� (initiatial creation and resurrection).

Nonetheless, the Islamic laws and rulings for the Nijasat (ritual impurity), Hiliyat (permissibility by Islamic law) and Hurmat (prohibition by Islamic law), of living creatures whose existence has been proven, has been presented as �factual propositions� meaning that the rulings and laws have been presented as universal laws upon the assumption of the subject�s existence. Therefore if dinosaurs did exist or if in the future such a creature with the specifics of a dinosaur comes into existence, even though Islamic legal laws (fiqh) may not have any specific opinion on it, legal scholars can unambiguously derive the Islamic rulings from the principals of Islamic law, just as they have derived rulings for a number of �Mustahdatha� cases (instances without precedence).

-------------
www.insight-info.com/forum/default

Replies:
Posted By: Rukkaiyah
Date Posted: 28 April 2008 at 7:57am
YUSUFALI: Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.

Allah is "the creator of all things which exist" and "have existed". If you truly believe this, then you will not faulter and no question will seem un-answerable.

Inshallah

Posted By: believer
Date Posted: 28 April 2008 at 12:52pm

For the longest time my child thought that GOD put the dinosaur fossils on earth as a joke to man!!  Until He realized:

Job 40

15 "Look at the behemoth,  
       which I made along with you
       and which feeds on grass like an ox.

16 What strength he has in his loins,
       what power in the muscles of his belly!

17 His tail sways like a cedar;
       the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.

18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
       his limbs like rods of iron.

19 He ranks first among the works of God,
       yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.

20 The hills bring him their produce,
       and all the wild animals play nearby.

21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
       hidden among the reeds in the marsh.

22 The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;
       the poplars by the stream surround him.

23 When the river rages, he is not alarmed;
       he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.

24 Can anyone capture him by the eyes, 
       or trap him and pierce his nose?

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Posted By: believer
Date Posted: 28 April 2008 at 12:53pm
oops I just realized I put that post in the wrong section sorry.

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Posted By: Zaharah
Date Posted: 17 July 2008 at 7:08pm
LOL  now believer ive had a pretty rough day, but i can say that i read what you put and also read your oops wrong section.  You actually had me laughingLOL
'Z'

Posted By: yahyafarooq
Date Posted: 31 July 2008 at 7:14am
Hi there, it was good to read that islam has the flex view to accept dinasaurs.last night i was talking with an atheist friend of mine and he asked me about dinasours and i was not able to answer him but that was beacause i dont know the islamic view on when Hazrat Adam came to earth.As far as i have studied different dates and linage of pophet will i be right that its highly unlikely that Hazrat Adam was send before 1 million years ago.and if you agree with that and science says dinasaurs were on earth from 230 untill 60 million years ago. its not accurate but there can not be a big difference.so how can we imagine a creation on earth before humans

Date Posted: 01 August 2008 at 4:49am
Asalamu Alaikum Brother,

We shouldn't say as we can't imagine something that it won't or isn't possible. Islam believe's in many unseen and unimaginable things or events, like the meraaj, buraak, malaikah, etc.

The earth was already created before prophet Aa'dam was sent upon it, so we cannot guess what already existed before or during this period. Allahu Alim.

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 01 August 2008 at 6:42am

Please understand that the present Adam mentioned in the Quran arrived about 6000 years ago. But it does not mean that he was the first man on earth. He was the first selected man (Prophet) on earth. There were many men before him on earth. The one given knowledge and Wahi was Adam. There were many men and women on the earth before him.

This teaching differs from the teaching of the bible that Adam was the first man on earth. And the theory that Eve was created from the ribs of Adam is also not true.

I am not discussing denosaurs because I have not enough knowledge about them from Quran.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Date Posted: 01 August 2008 at 6:57am
Aa'dam was the first human on earth. With reference from the Holy Qu'ran:

The Creation of Humanity

Allah Almighty in the Qur'an tells us about the creation of the first humans:

*{O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created of like nature his mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): For Allah ever watches over you}* (An-Nisaa' 4:1)

*{Oh mankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may know each other}* (Al-Hujurat 49:13)

Date Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:06am
That was realy what i want to get knowledge about.can you please give some details about this thing,that adam was not the first man and there were more before him according to Quran and/or Hadith please.

Date Posted: 04 August 2008 at 1:54am
Asalamu Alaikum Brother,

The Qur'an quotes that prophet A'adam WAS the first human on this planet. If you would like more info then google is your friend :).

I just typed in i.e. "quran and hadith on dinosaurs" and got this link which you may find useful: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8815&PID=109199#109199 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8815&PID=109199#109199

You can then compare the ayah with any qu'ran to confirm it exists and is accurate.

I hope this helps :)

Date Posted: 11 August 2008 at 3:53am
ofcourse google has been a good friend.....:) just wanna know if Islam do tell us about creatures on earth before Adam..

Posted By: Abdul-Salaam
Date Posted: 30 August 2008 at 5:01pm
  I don't know for sure which one but i thought i heard one of the jewish mystic books ( zohar, maybe) it was said , when the conflict between the evil and allah that the universe was in termoil and giant lizerds roamed the earth. ?.
 suloonis' comments was the clearest spritital explenations i have ever heard!! Wink 
The world is only 10'000 yers old to treditional christains so dinos present a rather BIG  problem .
   The last time i stept into a church ( on delivery) just this month i seen a poster of the ark and noah(puh) and the dinos are standing around not aloud to get in so i guess they died in the flood. it was on a childerens activty board. so this must be standard teaching now.
   i prefer Islam. its wisdom makes a beliver out of me.

peace

Posted By: ramiznathani
Date Posted: 11 April 2009 at 6:39pm

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.  (The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise. (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net