Forum Description: Current Events
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7607
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 2:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GI pleads guilty to rape of girl, killing
Posted By: wasi siddiqui
Subject: GI pleads guilty to rape of girl, killing
Date Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:32pm

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. - One of four U.S. soldiers accused of raping an Iraqi girl last spring and killing her and her family pleaded guilty Wednesday and will testify against the others.

Spc. James P. Barker agreed to the plea deal to avoid the death penalty, said his civilian attorney, David Sheldon.

The killings in Mahmoudiya, a village about 20 miles south of Baghdad, were among the worst in a series of alleged attacks on civilians and other abuses by military personnel in Iraq.

Sgt. Paul E. Cortez and Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman, both members of the 101st Airborne Division with Barker, could face the death penalty if convicted in the case in courts-martial at Fort Campbell.

Former Army private Steve Green, 21, pleaded not guilty last week to charges including murder and sexual assault.

Green was discharged from the Army for a �personality disorder� before the allegations became known, and prosecutors have yet to say if they will pursue the death penalty against him.

The indictment accuses Green and others of raping the girl and burning her body to conceal their crimes. It also alleges that Green and four others stationed at a nearby checkpoint killed the girl�s father, mother and 6-year-old sister.

Barker has already given investigators vivid accounts of the assault. An investigator testified during a hearing in August that Barker had said the soldiers drank whiskey and played cards while plotting the assault, that Barker, Cortez and Green took turns raping the girl, and that Green shot her and her family.

Replies:
Posted By: Shery
Date Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:56pm

YES THIS IS THE JUSTICE OF USA !

Maybe also jesus will carry those soldiers sin from raping and killing

I think if USA was a respectable country as they pretend

Those soldiers would be dead by now

Shame on USA ( as always )

-------------
�� ���� ����� ����� �� ���� ����� ��������� �����

�� ����� ������� �� �����

��� ���� �� ����� ��� ����� �������

����� ��� ������ ����� �� ���� �������

����� ������ � ���� ������� ����

Posted By: ops154
Date Posted: 16 November 2006 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Shery Shery wrote:

Yeah shame on the USA for bringing these people to trial and to face the DEATH PENALTY.

Sorry in our world we allow for the courts to hear both sides of the story before we kill the prisoner. Then again I guess we could do it your way and rape the accused sister for punishment of his crimes, how about that?

-------------
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!

Date Posted: 16 November 2006 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Yeah shame on the USA for bringing these people to trial and to face the DEATH PENALTY.

Sorry in our world we allow for the courts to hear both sides of the story before we kill the prisoner. Then again I guess we could do it your way and rape the accused sister for punishment of his crimes, how about that?

How about more disaster inshallah on your way ? as katrina and worse .......

I pray to allah give you as much as your sin and unjustice

Ameen

-------------

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 16 November 2006 at 7:31pm

Honestly Shery, you should be glad that these guys are being prosecuted for their crimes. But instead you wish more disasters and more sin and injustice, nice one

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Hanan
Date Posted: 16 November 2006 at 8:43pm

Sister Shery, let Allah punish those who deserve punishment because neither you nor I will ever be able to it as swiftly and harshly as only The Almighty can.

As I see it, we (in USA) currently have two types of war crimes to deal with.

1. War crimes committed by Donald Rumsfeld* (and others)

2. War crimes committed by US soldiers** (I�m sure that �US Allies� have also committed such crimes, but we are not talking about them at the moment).

*Principles of international co-operation in the detection, arrest, extradition and punishment of persons guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/p_extrad.htm - http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/p_extrad.htm

**The American killers of innocent Iraqi civilians will receive light or no sentences (my opinion). The USA does not have a history of doing so. An example is the My Lai massacre in 1968 in Vietnam. Captain Medina was found not guilty and Lt. Calley served only 3.5 years, even though he was sentenced to life imprisonment - a light punishment for the �massacre of over 300 apparently unarmed civilians including women, children, and the elderly.� The American public�s interest in such despicable actions, then and now, is usually followed by a lack of interest in the consequences.

Take No Prisoners

Another proud moment in U.S. Military History. U.S. Marines execute an Iraqi to the cheers of fellow marines

-:WARNING:-

This video should only be viewed by a mature audience

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1/2iraqiwar.rm - http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1/2iraqiwar.rm

� and this is what the law says:

U.S. ENEMY PRISONER OF WAR (EPW) AND CIVILIAN INTERNEE (CI) OPERATIONS INSTRUCTIONS

Basic U.S. policy underlying the treatment accorded EPW and all other enemy personnel captured, interned, or otherwise held in U.S. Army custody during the course of a conflict requires and directs that all such personnel be accorded humanitarian care and treatment from the moment of custody until final release or repatriation. The observance of this policy is fully and equally binding upon U.S. personnel, whether capturing troops, custodial personnel, or in whatever other capacity they may be serving. This policy is equally applicable for the protection of all detained or interned personnel, whether their status is that of prisoner of war, civilian internee, or any other category. It is applicable whether they are known to have, or are suspected of having, committed serious offenses which could be characterized as a war crime. The punishment of such persons is administered by due process of law and under the legally constituted authority. The administration of inhumane treatment, even if committed under stress of combat and with deep provocation, is a serious and punishable violation under national law, international law, and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Violations of this policy, and the laws and regulations may result in an individual being prosecuted as a war criminal. Anyone observing a violation of law, or suspecting one has happened, has a positive legal obligation to report it to appropriate authorities. Failure to do so is a violation in itself.

Convention (I) for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armed Forces in the Field. Geneva, 12 August 1949. http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/7c4d08d9b287a42141256739003e636b/fe20c3d903ce27e3c125641e004a92f3?OpenDocument - http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/7c4d08d9b287a42141256739003e636b /fe20c3d903ce27e3c125641e004a92f3?OpenDocument

Posted By: candid
Date Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:15pm

It will be better if US hands the soldiers over to Iraq.

This time US is under pressure. I think, at least one soldier will get death penalty. 

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 17 November 2006 at 10:21am

Nothing, nothing is perfect.. every country has its system of "justice." They are all infallible.  In every country there are people who are put to death unjustly and others who go free. Typically it will involve is who you are and who you know. How many places do the rich get away with things? So it is quite possible this would happen on other places. But they will go to prison. 

It is interesting that you can say is we were "respectable" this would all change..but then you are accusing people of things whom you never met nor are you presented all the evidence.. it is like when you hear of some terrible case of violence in another country where people go free and then we are told "you don't know the whole story." 

I know many respectable people from all over the world. And yes that includes the US.   

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 17 November 2006 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Nothing, nothing is perfect.. every country has its system of "justice." They are all infallible.  In every country there are people who are put to death unjustly and others who go free. Typically it will involve is who you are and who you know. How many places do the rich get away with things? So it is quite possible this would happen on other places. But they will go to prison. 

It is interesting that you can say is we were "respectable" this would all change..but then you are accusing people of things whom you never met nor are you presented all the evidence.. it is like when you hear of some terrible case of violence in another country where people go free and then we are told "you don't know the whole story." 

I know many respectable people from all over the world. And yes that includes the US.   

DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ?

YOU have a rape cases in USA this is your personal matters

and you handle it as you wish

and every country has their own rape cases

BUT IN THIS CASE YOU ARE THE INVADERS * TATAR*

GO OUT LEAVE OUR LAND

YOU CAME TO OUR LAND TO RAPE OUR WOMAN INSTEAD OF SADDAM

GO AWAY RAPIST GO AWAY WE DONT WANT YOUR STINK A** OVER HERE

I WISH THAT ALL IRAQI KILLS ALL YOUR TROOPS
AND THEY GO TO HELL INSHALLAH AMEN .

REMEMBER WHEN JAPAN HIT PEARL HARBOR ? HOW DID AMERICANS FEELS ABOUT JAPANESE

WE FEEL THE SAME TO YOU .... WE HATES YOU AND WANTS TO HIRROSHIMA YOU ( NUKE U ) AS YOU DID WITH HIRROSHIMA

YOU WERE DEFENDING YOUR LAND

WE I WILL PREACH EVERY MUSLIM AND EVERY ARAB TO KILL YOU AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN OUR LANDS .

-------------

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 17 November 2006 at 6:11pm

Shery, it is you that does not understand. And you are voliating guidelines - threatening and advocating killing.

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 17 November 2006 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Shery, it is you that does not understand. And you are voliating guidelines - threatening and advocating killing.

IF i m not against you .. you would call me smart by now

What I dont understand ... who gives you the authorities to kill all this innocent ...

The power ? the law of jungle ?

another tatar ? genocide islam ?

Now Italy or whatever seek to fight barukas on woman in there

So you are fighting all muslims everywhere

And yes I m threating and i m very violent person

and If I was in war I would fight bravely till i kill dozen of those monsters who kill and rape our woman

and Yes I preach all mojahad to kill more and more americans in iraq and afghanistan ... whenever they can ....

And as you can see I m not keen anymore what is the west opinion in islam or even in muslims

If you fight us and call us terrorist

OK we are terrorist and we will fight till we die .inshallah.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2006 at 12:12pm

DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ?

GO OUT LEAVE OUR LAND

WE FEEL THE SAME TO YOU .... WE HATES YOU AND WANTS TO HIRROSHIMA YOU ( NUKE U ) AS YOU DID WITH HIRROSHIMA

WE I WILL PREACH EVERY MUSLIM AND EVERY ARAB TO KILL YOU AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN OUR LANDS .

WE DID NOT INVADE EGYPT so what is your problem? You say we are in YOUR land but you are in Egypt not Iraq so again you speak when you should learn to keep your mouth shut.

-------------
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!

Date Posted: 18 November 2006 at 12:28pm

DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ?

GO OUT LEAVE OUR LAND

WE DID NOT EGYPT so what is your problem? You say we are in YOUR land but you are in Egypt not Iraq so again you speak when you should learn to keep your mouth shut.

All arab land is mine

and I wont shut up my mouth

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2006 at 12:42pm

All arab land is mine

You are such a scary person. Talking about killing American's while you sit safely in your home on your PC, that is just priceless.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 November 2006 at 12:44pm

All arab land is mine

You are such a scary person. Talking about killing American's while you sit safely in your home on your PC, that is just priceless.

Ok laugh we will laugh at you too inshallah .

-------------

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 18 November 2006 at 9:28pm

Bismillah and Salaams,

Life sentence with the possibility of parole is a light sentence for his crimes.  He could be out in twenty years.  These are the men that have been caught.  How many others have not and will not be?  The death penalty should be issued for such heinous crimes. 

Ultimately, Bush, Rumsfeld, many members of Congress, and some generals, need to be prosecuted for their war crimes. 

Ops, you are saying shameful things when you say that the same should be done to Barker's sister.  No one indicated that.  That's not something a Muslim would do.  However, defending their country against invaders is something that they will be blessed by Allah for.  There is no higher calling than defending the weak against oppression, injustice, and tyranny.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:00am

I want to point to something

Also from the americans movies

When they wants to hire some1 for mission ... when the americans wants to show they are heros

they go to prison and chose some prisoners who can fit the mission

Which is shows that most of the soldiers who been chose in Iraq

either criminals or those who lives in poor area and probably criminals too

So raping and killing is the normal for those people who been send to iraq and afghanistan

It seems that USA has a plan to get rid of muslims and criminals in USA at the same time ...

Also I was watching colatteral damage last night staring by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Which also shows how the americans think

The columbian are criminals as long as they are defending themselves and always must shows that those people are bad , has no mercy

and no problem that americans kill their children and woman

but No way to let them kill americans

and always the americans win at the end

and even if you try to free your country you are the bad guy

Vietnam and russia and all those movies about those people

The americans been always the heros while they arent but some  gangster monsters in those land

I remember the movie that shows that vietnames woman turned to be whores for the americans to be able to feed their children

The americans anywhere they go they spread their pervert culture and sin ...

They are the antichrist troops ... they are the people of all the prophets that been mentioned on quoran

people of loot , of Aad , Samod , ect.......they are a combination of all those bad stories we have in quoran and inshalah they will just end up as those bad people  as well .

-------------

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 19 November 2006 at 5:57am

I want to point to something

Also from the americans movies

When they wants to hire some1 for mission ... when the americans wants to show they are heros

they go to prison and chose some prisoners who can fit the mission

Which is shows that most of the soldiers who been chose in Iraq

either criminals or those who lives in poor area and probably criminals too

So raping and killing is the normal for those people who been send to iraq and afghanistan

It seems that USA has a plan to get rid of muslims and criminals in USA at the same time ...

Also I was watching colatteral damage last night staring by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Which also shows how the americans think

The columbian are criminals as long as they are defending themselves and always must shows that those people are bad , has no mercy

and no problem that americans kill their children and woman

but No way to let them kill americans

and always the americans win at the end

and even if you try to free your country you are the bad guy

Vietnam and russia and all those movies about those people

The americans been always the heros while they arent but some  gangster monsters in those land

I remember the movie that shows that vietnames woman turned to be whores for the americans to be able to feed their children

The americans anywhere they go they spread their pervert culture and sin ...

They are the antichrist troops ... they are the people of all the prophets that been mentioned on quoran

people of loot , of Aad , Samod , ect.......they are a combination of all those bad stories we have in quoran and inshalah they will just end up as those bad people  as well .

Bismillah and Salaams,

Shery, you are mistaken to depict all Americans as evil, just as American movies are mistaken to depict most American soldiers as heros.

Some soldiers come home embarrassed and ashamed to be a part of our invasions and some of them get in serious trouble for "deserting" and refusing to serve.  Some people while they are there strive to accomplish only good, and won't participate when they see evil in any form.  I know.  It's just some.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net