Print Page | Close Window

Catholic, just registered

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Introduction: Who am I?
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6867
Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 6:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Catholic, just registered
Posted By: Saint_Michael
Subject: Catholic, just registered
Date Posted: 19 September 2006 at 8:04am

Hello, my name is Mike, I'm a Roman Catholic who just registered in hopes to clear any misconceptions about the Popes statement, who the Pope is, and what he is not.

I'm also interested in learning more about Islam, what makes you guys tick, and overall what the problem is between our two religions.

I live in Brooklyn NY, where Catholics, Jews, Greek Orthodox, and Muslims live together with no problems at all.  If there is no compulsion in religion, why is there so much compulsion in religion?

-------------
"Preach the Gospel always, and when necessary use words".

-St. Francis of Assisi

Replies:
Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 19 September 2006 at 9:01am
what makes you guys tick

The same things that will tick you off.......

Date Posted: 19 September 2006 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Saint_Michael Saint_Michael wrote:

in hopes to clear any misconceptions about the Popes statement

After graduation, I should consider working for the vatican, how can they afford to send an army of cyber-evangelist on the crusade mission? It must have costed them a fortune.

Date Posted: 19 September 2006 at 9:26am
Such a warm welcome...

-------------

-St. Francis of Assisi

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 21 September 2006 at 7:10am
michael, don't worry about ak, he can be a bit of a comedian at times, he is a fun guy, he was just playing with ya

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Mona_1022
Date Posted: 22 September 2006 at 12:27am

Hello Michael, do not listen to the ignorance displayed by some of the people here.  I am thankful for your intention to clarify the pope's position and to defend him just as we intend to defend Islam and to relay the true message it is trying to get out.  THis is the perfect site for you to learn about Islam and its true teachings.  Just know that Islam condemns violence and terrorism and actually teaches peace and tolerance of others.  By the way, I am new to the forums and am already disappointed to see that felow muslims display negative attitudes towards those trying to learn about Islam.

Date Posted: 22 September 2006 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Mona_1022 Mona_1022 wrote:

Hello Michael, do not listen to the ignorance displayed by some of the people here.� I am thankful for your intention to clarify the pope's position and to defend him just as we intend to defend Islam and to relay the true message it is trying to get out.�

usually these cyber evangelist have their mind forzen in 10th century and no amount of proof can change their mind.

By the way, I am new to the forums

This explains everything.

Date Posted: 22 September 2006 at 1:56pm
thats sad that u feel the need to make a comment like that...get a life!!

Date Posted: 22 September 2006 at 3:07pm

ban me....

Date Posted: 22 September 2006 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

ban me....

how old are you?

Date Posted: 22 September 2006 at 3:48pm

how old are you?

I will report you to Chris hansen.

Date Posted: 24 September 2006 at 1:57pm

Hello Michael, do not listen to the ignorance displayed by some of the people here.  I am thankful for your intention to clarify the pope's position and to defend him just as we intend to defend Islam and to relay the true message it is trying to get out.  THis is the perfect site for you to learn about Islam and its true teachings.  Just know that Islam condemns violence and terrorism and actually teaches peace and tolerance of others.  By the way, I am new to the forums and am already disappointed to see that felow muslims display negative attitudes towards those trying to learn about Islam.

Hi Mona,

Thank you for your post, I am sincerely interested in dialouqing with Muslims, and learning more about your faith.  I do know Islam condemns violence and terrorism.  I am intelligent enough to be able to seperate people from the religion.

As a Christian I consider moral relativism to be my enemy not faithful Muslims, Jews, Hindus etc...

Like I said I live in Brooklyn and it's literally like the United Nations and we all get along fine, it would be nice if our world leaders could take the example of a bunch of blue collar folks from Brooklyn on how to get along.

-------------

-St. Francis of Assisi

Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 4:15pm

Yea, I live in north Jersey so I definitely know what you mean.  In Paterson, the city I live in, people separate themselves from one another.  Black people live in certain areas, the hispanics live in others, arabs live on the other side of town.  I mean, people tolerate each other to a point but you notice the same behavior world leaders display on a more personal level. No one bothers to hear the other one out; and instead of trying to undertand each other, they fight and kill each other.  If more people took the time to learn about Islam and actually hear a muslim out, perhaps they wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume that everyone wearing a turban is a terrorist. 

I'm actually interested in your story because I was introduced to Islam as a child so I accepted it a lot easier than an adult would.  Not that its hard to accept, but I'm sure its hard for an adult that was raised in a certain religion to easily accept another.  I've read the stories of many converts, mostly from Christianity to Islam, and it facinates me because the major denomenator for most of these stories is that they were looking more for something that made more sense.  Not that Christianity doesn't make sense, but there are a lot of things that condradict themselves.  In one of the stories that I read, a woman spent a good part of her college years looking for the right Church.  She had a problem with the concept of the holy trinity; how could God be One but be 3 at the same time.  After many years, she finally found the answer in Islam:  There is only One God and that is Allah...the foundation of the teachings of Islam. 

I'm also curious to know what you mean by "moral relativism."

Posted By: MayPB
Date Posted: 26 September 2006 at 5:33am

Hello!

I am a convert to Islam myself, previously I was Catholic. Michael

you have just entered the Lion's den. When I converted to Islam

I was expecting that this religion of "peace, justice & tolerance for

others" was exactly what the church had been missing. Boy was I

wrong!  Muslim extremist could do benefit from a good beating from

a nun in Brooklyn, and if "peace loving" muslims could admit this

publicy more often than the rest of the world would have more

respect for Islam.

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 26 September 2006 at 9:22am
Originally posted by MayPB MayPB wrote:

Hello!

I am a convert to Islam myself, previously I was Catholic. Michael

you have just entered the Lion's den. When I converted to Islam

I was expecting that this religion of "peace, justice & tolerance for

others" was exactly what the church had been missing. Boy was I

wrong!  Muslim extremist could do benefit from a good beating from

a nun in Brooklyn, and if "peace loving" muslims could admit this

publicy more often than the rest of the world would have more

respect for Islam.

Majority of Scholars have publicly denounced violence. There are many users here at the forum including myself who have very clearly spoken that Islam forbids violence, that Islam is the message of peace and submission to Allah. But, who is listening?

Anyway, this section is only for introduction. Please discuss in the relevant sections.

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: UmmAmara
Date Posted: 26 September 2006 at 1:27pm

Saint Micheal welcome...

I think what makes the two religions different is that being a muslim requires u to be ready to die any moment but most of other faiths are not ready to do that...that is what makes the US really afraid of muslims...when they see one on the road they expect that person to be ready to blow themselves up anytime....

Anyway,start a thread and let me know so we can have more sharing of info and by Allah's Grace u wil learn more.The moderator looks like he wants to have our necks for talkn other issues rather than intro...

-------------
Acquisition of knowledge requires a great deal of patience and hardwork.

Date Posted: 26 September 2006 at 1:38pm
being a muslim requires u to be ready to die any moment

Is this Sixth pillar of Islam?

Good luck in spreading your message...

Date Posted: 26 September 2006 at 2:05pm

akmf...if u havent read ur religion well,dont blame me.

A muslim is required tobe ready for death anytime,thats why we have to pray for frorgiveness since we dont know our death dates...its forever been taught.

If ur still in doubt why not do this:

Go to the home page...there is a part for people to ask online imam questions on ur left...write what u want to know and submit..ul receive ur answer.

No wonder the prophet told us to look for education even if in china,for people like u in canada think the only books found there are everythng u require to know.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 September 2006 at 2:16pm
most of other faiths are not ready to do that

You mean other faiths have no concept of death?

Also you could have started topic with something positive, whas with the death and osama theme?

Date Posted: 27 September 2006 at 4:41am

i dont mean other religions have no concept of death..ur totally misunderstandin what i meant...i dont know if ur usually this thick or ur still undergoing ur home tutorial that u most gladly forwarded to me to be one just like u.

I said,MUSLIMS ARE READY TO DIE ANY MOMENT,BEING A MARTYR...THATS WHY WHEN THEY ARE SEEN IN THE US MOST PEOPLE RUN AWAY FROM THEM EXPECTING THEM TO BLOW THEMSELVES UP ANY MOMENT...HAVE U SEEN THAT IN ANY OTHER RELIGION?

akmf...ur surely an amatuer in politics.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 September 2006 at 6:41am
Originally posted by UmmAmara UmmAmara wrote:

i dont mean other religions have no concept of death..ur totally misunderstandin what i meant...i dont know if ur usually this thick or ur still undergoing ur home tutorial that u most gladly forwarded to me to be one just like u.

I said,MUSLIMS ARE READY TO DIE ANY MOMENT,BEING A MARTYR...THATS WHY WHEN THEY ARE SEEN IN THE US MOST PEOPLE RUN AWAY FROM THEM EXPECTING THEM TO BLOW THEMSELVES UP ANY MOMENT...HAVE U SEEN THAT IN ANY OTHER RELIGION?

People in America don't run away from Muslim thinking they're going to blow themselves up.  If I were terrified of Muslims it's doubtful I would rent my second floor apartment to a Muslim family.  Our area is easily 50/50 Christian/Muslim with a smattering of Jews thrown in the mix.  And not once has a Muslim in the area blown themselves up.  I'm not afraid of Muslims, I think you have a warped view of America.

Martyrdom is in every religion, a Christian would be called to die as a martyr just the same.  We just have a different view of martyrdom, strapping explosives to yourself and killing civilians is called murder here not martyrdom.  I expect most Muslims feel the same way except the extremists who don't represent Islam and are the minority.

-------------

-St. Francis of Assisi

Date Posted: 27 September 2006 at 6:14pm
I think what she means is not so much the martyrs but any muslim.  As a muslim, you should live your life as if there is no tomorrow, as far as religion is concerned.  Plan for tomorrow, try to be successful in life, but serve God as if you might die tomorrow.  Don't assume that you have your whole life ahead of you to do the right things.  Worship Him and be a good person everyday. 

Posted By: Daniel Dworsky
Date Posted: 28 September 2006 at 2:05am
Welcome, as for the rest of you, Two words:

Be have.   You're killing me here - war of the Goyim
I hadn't realised that St Francis was such a funny guy.
I guess you have to develope a sense of humor when your mom names you
Francis.
My mothers name was Francis.
Hey, Lets ride bikes...

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 28 September 2006 at 9:32pm

People in America don't run away from Muslim thinking they're going to blow themselves up.  If I were terrified of Muslims it's doubtful I would rent my second floor apartment to a Muslim family.  Our area is easily 50/50 Christian/Muslim with a smattering of Jews thrown in the mix.  And not once has a Muslim in the area blown themselves up.  I'm not afraid of Muslims, I think you have a warped view of America.

Martyrdom is in every religion, a Christian would be called to die as a martyr just the same.  We just have a different view of martyrdom, strapping explosives to yourself and killing civilians is called murder here not martyrdom.  I expect most Muslims feel the same way except the extremists who don't represent Islam and are the minority.

She has la ong way to go in life to know the world !!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: Shadi_Al-amin
Date Posted: 29 September 2006 at 10:23am

Hello, my name is Mike, I'm a Roman Catholic who just registered in hopes to clear any misconceptions about the Popes statement, who the Pope is, and what he is not.

I'm also interested in learning more about Islam, what makes you guys tick, and overall what the problem is between our two religions.

I live in Brooklyn NY, where Catholics, Jews, Greek Orthodox, and Muslims live together with no problems at all.  If there is no compulsion in religion, why is there so much compulsion in religion?

Salam wa alaikum my brother,welcome to the chat room I hope you learn about islam.What the pope said does not reflect the enire catholic people.

Date Posted: 01 October 2006 at 5:17am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

She has la ong way to go in life to know the world !!

Oh please signreader....u surely dont know what ur talkn abt...talk abt flag followers!Just coz that st micheal is living in a perfectly good neighbourhood duznt mean that the world is all that perfect...i live in a good neighbourhood too.But if ur a frequent visitor of bbcnews.com or are really interested in politics...ul not have put ur comment there.

My sister lived in manchester city and u can imajin that they segregated her coz of her religion and to add salt to injury she be black!When u join the queue at the supermarket..everyone moves out so u be dealt with 1st and leave.They just cant handle to be next to them...just because she is a muslim...they call muslims 'terriorist'...if u have been keen on the news,islamic radicalism has been inspired by the alqaeda with the likes of osama and al-zaqarwi...since many people have attended the training camps in iraq...u dont realy expect to know them by face such that when u see them around u run for dear life!Instead,many people tend to run away from them...u dont know just when they will blow themselves up....my sister had to move to milton king.Now this happens all over the world  not just UK,US or europe or wherever.I can see israelis joining the 'game' and also blowing themselves up in palestinian towns...anyone see that as murder?St micheal...is that murder to u?

I cant believe how just amatueristic people are and just want to comment on big politics yet they dont even know how things work.Do ur homework signreader,i believe u still dont know what ur talking about...and am really confused about which world ur talking to...certainly not this one.Dont tel me ET just landed!

-------------

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 05 October 2006 at 12:08am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

She has  long way to go in life to know the world !!

Oh please signreader....u surely dont know what ur talkn abt...talk abt flag followers!Just coz that st micheal is living in a perfectly good neighbourhood duznt mean that the world is all that perfect...i live in a good neighbourhood too.But if ur a frequent visitor of bbcnews.com or are really interested in politics...ul not have put ur comment there.

My sister lived in manchester city and u can imajin that they segregated her coz of her religion and to add salt to injury she be black!When u join the queue at the supermarket..everyone moves out so u be dealt with 1st and leave.They just cant handle to be next to them...just because she is a muslim...they call muslims 'terriorist'...if u have been keen on the news,islamic radicalism has been inspired by the alqaeda with the likes of osama and al-zaqarwi...since many people have attended the training camps in iraq...u dont realy expect to know them by face such that when u see them around u run for dear life!Instead,many people tend to run away from them...u dont know just when they will blow themselves up....my sister had to move to milton king.Now this happens all over the world  not just UK,US or europe or wherever.I can see israelis joining the 'game' and also blowing themselves up in palestinian towns...anyone see that as murder?St micheal...is that murder to u?

I cant believe how just amatueristic people are and just want to comment on big politics yet they dont even know how things work.Do ur homework signreader,i believe u still dont know what ur talking about...and am really confused about which world ur talking to...certainly not this one.Dont tel me ET just landed!

Your comments referred are in blue

I read your posts for kicks only, it makes me laugh so hard that I don't need to see comedy central channel.

Having said that let me take care of your comments:
What does your sister living in Manchester�s ghetto has to do with price of tea in China or for that matter Muslims living in the US?

Saint _Michael was correct in blowing away your assumption about the Muslims living in the US and I second his opinion being in California.

All I know you are a stubborn 20 years old Ugandan Taurus telling everybody that they don�t know what they were talking about while yourself spreading irresponsible rumors about the Muslims in the west  through this media. You need to be warned by the Moderator on this if nothing else.

I would say the Muslims had done very well in the US comparing most places political naivet� notwithstanding that may have its cost.  

How much could any Ugandan with $1,800 GDP under a dictatorship care to know about the US living conditions

Debating about on internet is like running Special Olympics, even if you win you still are retarded.

My days of winning or losing are done. ? Now you know what I am talking about?

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 05 October 2006 at 4:41am
Thank u...thank u....its my job to make people laugh...u dont have to clap....thank u...o plz do sit down...u dont have to stand...dont be too modest.

for ur info my dearie...am not a ugandan...just coz the location says am in uganda duz not necessarily mean am the citizen of Uganda,am here to extract knowledge and be on my way back.U shud know better...thats why i always c ur brain has been tied inside a box...so all that yapping abt uganda shud be kept to urself or u shud look for someone ur brain size to  give threats to...so far i see u as a farceur who's jokes arent a wee little bity funny...tel me,which site do u go to?What do u do for a living...?A clown is the closest i can close to.

The talk abt manchester came as an example...in short form its eg...u can also use such as....to show that let not anybody take what they see around them to be what it is out there...can u compare the neighbourhood to iraq/iran/sudan?Or maybe u need to rephrase ur question according to the political and religious situation around the globe...thats why i need u to read ur politics before relating to the matter.Religion is the key discussion...what do u understand by religion?Or jihad for example...Do u know there are many types of jihad?When a beautiful lady approaches u and seduces u..because ur afraid of AllahSW u tend to fight the temptation to commit adultery with that lady...THAT is jihad.Jihad is also verbal...but so far,people see jihad as just blowing urself up or killing people...Did u know that?Or still u have to go and refer to ur madrasa books?

All I know you are a stubborn 20 years old Ugandan Taurus telling everybody that they don�t know what they were talking about

Yes am 20 yrs old...A wel educated 20 yr old whom i c u just cant handle the heat with...iv worked for 2yrs...as a secretary for 1yr and as a Sales Manager for the other...am abt to finish my degree in networking and join another institute in another country where il be doing Avionics.For passing time i read alot of politics,fill crossword puzzles,read religion and join in so many activities eg scrabble....
So,there u have ur 20yr old...that was some info u could not dig in from my profile.I hope twil come in useful next tym u want to abuse me.

You need to be warned by the Moderator on this if nothing else.
Please scroll down and read the DISCLAIMER.....these are my views and its a discussion,what the heck do i need to  be warned for?Please!Like i said...do ur homework wel.Blasphemy!

A man begins cutting of his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew...Herb Caen

And.....

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf....Walter Lippman.

So,i understand u completely.

-------------

Posted By: Desting2
Date Posted: 15 October 2006 at 4:40pm

I live in Brooklyn NY, where Catholics, Jews, Greek Orthodox, and Muslims live together with no problems at all.� If there is no compulsion in religion, why is there so much compulsion in religion?

Posted By: Desting2
Date Posted: 15 October 2006 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Shadi_Al-amin Shadi_Al-amin wrote:

I live in Brooklyn NY, where Catholics, Jews, Greek Orthodox, and Muslims live together with no problems at all.� If there is no compulsion in religion, why is there so much compulsion in religion?

Salam wa alaikum my brother,welcome to the chat room I hope you learn about islam.What the pope said does not reflect the enire catholic people.

how can you clear misconception about the pop when he is your representative of God in this Earth. Many catholics believe he never makes any mistake. But the pop is responsible for himself. you can't be hold accountable what he says.

as for our 2 religion, I don't see any problem. I spent 2 and half yrs of my education in catholic institution and I never had problem with them. if you respect Islam you will get what you deserve.

Date Posted: 15 October 2006 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Desting2 Desting2 wrote:

how can you clear misconception about the pop when he is your representative of God in this Earth. Many catholics believe he never makes any mistake. But the pop is responsible for himself. you can't be hold accountable what he says.

as for our 2 religion, I don't see any problem. I spent 2 and half yrs of my education in catholic institution and I never had problem with them. if you respect Islam you will get what you deserve.

I didnt knew that Pepsi was Gods representative.....

Date Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:32am

[ if you respect Islam you will get what you deserve.

Allah Akbar!

-------------

Posted By: ysimjee
Date Posted: 08 November 2006 at 6:12am

Slm

After reading all of the comends everyone had regarding the topic posted.  I only have one thing to say:

This is n islamic site? Right?

You have a non-muslim joining your site, rather than showing him how you can decrade and insult each other, teach him about islam, and inshallah his hart will soften to the amount where he converts.

I know i'm not the perfect muslim, but if islam can safe another person from the eternal fire, then i'm sure it will make our Creator happy.

Just think about it...

Posted By: harrdnut
Date Posted: 18 November 2006 at 5:31pm

May i say this:  The "no compulsion" clasue (verse / ayat)  is found only in the Quran.  No other religion has it.

What I cannot understand is why the Quran has it and yet Muslims don't care about enforcing it in the wold.

It maybe that Muslim scholars are "doing thier own thing" by giving it a meaning other rthan what their god Allah intended in the original words.

I wonder if Muslims belive that they can getaway with disobeying the words of their god Allah!

-------------
Once born twice dead, twice born once dead

Posted By: harrdnut
Date Posted: 18 November 2006 at 5:34pm

[ if you respect Islam you will get what you deserve.

Allah Akbar!

As a Christian this much I can say:  If the Almighty God of the Holy Bible treated mankind according to what we deserve, nobody will qualify to get into His Heaven!

-------------
Once born twice dead, twice born once dead

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 19 November 2006 at 5:38am
Originally posted by harrdnut harrdnut wrote:

May i say this:  The "no compulsion" clasue (verse / ayat)  is found only in the Quran.  No other religion has it.

What I cannot understand is why the Quran has it and yet Muslims don't care about enforcing it in the wold.

It maybe that Muslim scholars are "doing thier own thing" by giving it a meaning other rthan what their god Allah intended in the original words.

I wonder if Muslims belive that they can getaway with disobeying the words of their god Allah!

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ;PN=1

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Posted By: muqtadar
Date Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:47pm

Dear Michael tell me about following questions

did pope learn quran?

Did he learn the ahadith (Sayings) of prophet (PBUH)

Did he learn aobut islam befor he quoted the sayings of midevil king about the religion of almighty God.

How would you feel if incorrect and incoherent qoutes are given about christianity which are untrue?

All son of adams make plenty of mistakes but the best among them is one who repents to Allah SW(Saying of the prophet PBUH).

Thanks for responding.

-------------
One shold only speak the truth and if he can't then he should keep quite which is better for him.

Posted By: muqtadar
Date Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:56pm

No compulsion in religion does not mean that You have the right to say anything untrue about islam .

It pertains to the fact that all muslims christians and jews and everybody else are free to choose what they may deem right or wrong.

Islam preaches truth even if some one makes a false statement about our religion we still will only tell oyu the truth about islam and any other religion or we shall be quite.

Thanks

-------------
One shold only speak the truth and if he can't then he should keep quite which is better for him.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net