Print Page | Close Window

Hajj

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6238
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 7:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hajj
Posted By: ALEH
Subject: Hajj
Date Posted: 07 August 2006 at 8:05pm
Volume 2, Book 26, Number 595:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the mother of the faithful believers) I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We consider Jihad as the best deed." The Prophet said, "The best Jihad (for women) is Hajj Mabrur

Salam Alaikoam

We can make Hajj to our lives, our families, communities, Nations, World and Mecca or what ever place a person deems to be Holy.

In making a Hajj we can first take a sacride journey of discovery and see our lives as they are.  We can see where we need Education, Counseling and Consultation and find groups sorted out where we can recieve these.  Our lives are sacride and diserve this journey if we need it to face the challenges we have.

In making Hajj to our communities we can take this sacride journey to see where we might be of serve and work or volunteer to make it a better place. 

In making Hajj to our Nation and World we can see where we might be of service also like participating in recycling programs and other self help programs that will improve our behavior and conduct.

As for Hajj to Mecca or any Holy Place deemed by man we can find in every place a place and a moment to acknowledge, praise and glorify Allah, God, The Creator.

May you have a blessed Hajj

Mashallah if you assist someone on their Hajj.

Salam

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

-------------
Judgement day is born in each moment, a moment to see if we need Education, Counseling or Consultation to meet our challenges with grace and dignity for all. (My favorite surah is 99, 1-8)

Replies:
Posted By: Andalus
Date Posted: 07 August 2006 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by ALEH ALEH wrote:

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 595:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the mother of the faithful believers) I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We consider Jihad as the best deed." The Prophet said, "The best Jihad (for women) is Hajj Mabrur

Salam Alaikoam

We can make Hajj to our lives, our families, communities, Nations, World and Mecca or what ever place a person deems to be Holy.

Aleh, right when I think I have seen the craziest, lunatic interpretations of Islam, you out do yourself. No, there is no such ideas about Hajj that you are conveying, and your beliefs are heretical, and deviated. With all of the fringe, feel good new age movements such as eckankar, you have to pick my faith to not only claim as your own, but impose nutty persoanl ideas onto that are not a part of the faith. You are misrepresenting Islam, and preaching ideas that are deviant, and not found in Islam. Hajj is not some new age feel good journey, it is a serious religous obligation for those who are healthy enough, and can afford it. Instead of preaching absolute nonsense about it and attaching cheap dime store attributes to it, why don't you actually study it with someone of knoweldge, or else look to one of the "new age" faiths that already teach your deviated ideas as truth. That way, the faith is already set up for your personal assumptions and "feelings", and you do not have to molest its basic tenents ( like Islam) to fit your delusion.

-------------
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/

Date Posted: 08 August 2006 at 12:07pm

Alaikoam Salam

Adula your intitled to your opinions and understanding of Islam and I am free to understand and believe as I do.

There is nothing wrong with making Hajj or Pilgrimage to yourself and your situation if you need to maybe this is more important than travelling to another part of the world.

No more delusional than believing a religion from Allah, God, the Creator would encourage or preach violence, hum rather than Peace.

Calling me crazed or delusional is not setting a very good example as why then would anyone else want to bother sharing their understanding or questions of Islam when we are going to be treated with disrespect.

Making Hajj or Pilgrimage in the way I suggest is excellent Dawah and a way to serve Allah, God, The Creator by taking a sacride journey to one's self is not selfish nor ignorant it is important as when we take time to address our life and life situation it may prompt us to seek out the Education, Counseling and Consultation we need or where we can be of service to ourselves, our families, our community, our Nation and World is a way to respect ourselves and others.

Sometimes it is more important to visit what is inside us rather than places in the world.

Salam

-------------
Judgement day is born in each moment, a moment to see if we need Education, Counseling or Consultation to meet our challenges with grace and dignity for all. (My favorite surah is 99, 1-8)

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 08 August 2006 at 10:16pm
Narrated Aisha: Allah's Apostle said, "If somebody innovates something which is not in harmony with the principles of our religion, that thing is rejected."  (Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=49&translator=1&start=0&number=861 - #49 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=49&translator=1&start=0&number=861#861 - #861 )sahih bukhari

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 08 August 2006 at 10:29pm
Anne,

Islam is not about anyone's "opinion" . Islam is pretty clear and simple. You can do dawah, fine. You can travel wherever you want, fine. But do you know what is hajj? Please get a good book and read up on it. And if you can afford it, please perform hajj, the way Allah and His messenger (sallallahu alayhi wassalaam) prescribed. It is the most beautiful experience(besides being a pillar of islam) and maybe Insha Allah , Allah will guide you to the right path. For Allah's sake do not shred islam like this. This is a request. Instead of giving us this nonsense please study more about islam and ask Allah for hidayah.

This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=5&translator=5 - #5 , Verse http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=5&translator=5#3 - #3 )

Peace.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Date Posted: 09 August 2006 at 3:06pm

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 857:

Narrated Um Kulthum bint Uqba:

That she heard Allah's Apostle saying, "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."

Alaikoam Salam Amah

I know what Hajj is sister, I am just sharing what I think Hajj can also be not disrespect to Islam of Mohammed PBUH.

We are allowed our opinions and beliefs and just because something has been spoken of a certain way does not mean it cannot be thought of in a new way.

Some people really have to make a sacride Hajj or Pilgrimage to their lives because they have many things wrong in their lives that need correcting or assistance with them, I think this is a positive way to get them to look more closely at their lives and see where they/we can get the Education, Counseling and Consultation.

I have studied Islam at University, have read the whole Quran and many many hadeaths so I understand about the workings of Islam I feel moved to share my opinions and beliefs of Islam just to give a new or different perspective than some of the older views.

Salam

-------------

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 09 August 2006 at 3:23pm

Umm, hmmmm....

Hey Andalus.  Can I ask a favor or either you or Fatima?

Could you put together a small piece on what the Hajj really is and stands for in the Islam for Non-Muslims section????

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with...

Education, Counseling and Consultation

Date Posted: 09 August 2006 at 7:29pm

Alaikoam Salam Angela

Actually Hajj is about purification of the mind, body and soul and it is within keeping of Hajj to recieve Education, Counseling and Consultation to prepare yourself for Hajj or Pilgrimage.

I do not write to confuse anyone just show other people have different views about the same subject and that is okay.

After all that is how we learn and grow if we didn't we would not have all the technological and medical break throughs we have had.  Nor literary excellence as well.

As a Muslim first I am free to share my beliefs and opinions and we are all free to do that.

Besides people living in fear of expressing their opinions or beliefs is no way to live.

Salam

Anne Marie

-------------

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 09 August 2006 at 7:46pm

Alaikoam Salam Angela

Actually Hajj is about purification of the mind, body and soul and it is within keeping of Hajj to recieve Education, Counseling and Consultation to prepare yourself for Hajj or Pilgrimage.

I do not write to confuse anyone just show other people have different views about the same subject and that is okay.

After all that is how we learn and grow if we didn't we would not have all the technological and medical break throughs we have had.  Nor literary excellence as well.

As a Muslim first I am free to share my beliefs and opinions and we are all free to do that.

Besides people living in fear of expressing their opinions or beliefs is no way to live.

Salam

Anne Marie

Bismillah,

All of the ideas you have here about family, counseling, self and community growth, are great and commendable.  And scholars have actually talked about spiritual Hajjs like this before.  But there is, unfortunately, only one physical Hajj, to Mecca.

Maybe you could re-think your choice of words, and look into what others before you have said.  Because your ideas are noteworthy and have been mentioned before by other Muslims, just your choice of wording lacks propriety.  Since Allah, The All-Knowing has encouraged our physical Hajj, we would do well to follow that wording for the trip to Mecca, and use subtler words for the other kinds of trips.

Salaamu Alaykum

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 09 August 2006 at 7:56pm

Salam Alaikoam

Respectfully brothers and sisters there are a lot of people suffering from various kinds of ignorance, violence and abuses and if we can take a sacride Hajj or Pilgrimage to our lives and get help addressing these issues I feel this is diserving of the word Hajj also.

As if people understand how sacride life is, our lives then maybe they would start this sacride journey and get help so they don't beat or abuse their wife, children, maybe people thinking of sexually abusing children would make this sacride journey and reach out to counseling and doctors for help, maybe someone with anger management problems might get help too if encourage that this activity is sacride too and worthy of undertaking.

I my self have made this sacride journey to overcome abuses in my life from others and even a little abuse on my part that had to be addressed and I believe and feel my journey and the journey of others like me is sacride as our lives are sacride and worth the effort.

I mean no disrespect I just feel giving the Hajj I discribed creditability might encourage people to do it before they go to Mecca or the Holy Land or where ever they deem to be Holy so when they get there they are truely ready with a clean slate/conscience having dealt with all their issues first.  It seems rather unIslamic to go to Hajj in Mecca if everyday you beat your wife and children and do not do something to change the absuive behavior. ehh

There is hope we are that hope.

Salam

-------------

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 10 August 2006 at 3:40am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Hi angela, alhamdulillah we are already working on this and we will post the basics of our pillars in 'pillars of islam' section. Thank you for you consideration.

Now sister Aleh can you please stop calling your desired journeys 'Hajj'. If you want your message of education, counseling and consultation to carry on, you can call it pilgrimage but not Hajj. Sister this is your first warning from IC Moderators, if you dont stop with this we will have to take the extreme measures and I am sure you would not want that.

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 10 August 2006 at 10:26am

Salam Alaikoam Sister Fatima

As a person free to share my beliefs in this inter faith forum I feel if I have another view on a term which could benifit people I should share it.  I feel using this term in the way I did might encourage people to take this sacride journey and explore their lives and see where they need Education, Counseling and Consultation thus preparing themselves for the actual Hajj or Pilgrimage to Mecca or where ever they deem to be a Holy place.  So I do not feel I am doing anything that would make anyone want to take some negative action on.

Salam

Anne Marie

-------------

Posted By: Andalus
Date Posted: 10 August 2006 at 3:29pm

Salam Alaikoam Sister Fatima

As a person free to share my beliefs in this inter faith forum I feel if I have another view on a term which could benifit people I should share it.  I feel using this term in the way I did might encourage people to take this sacride journey and explore their lives and see where they need Education, Counseling and Consultation thus preparing themselves for the actual Hajj or Pilgrimage to Mecca or where ever they deem to be a Holy place.  So I do not feel I am doing anything that would make anyone want to take some negative action on.

Salam

Anne Marie

There is only one place to make "hajj", that is in Mecca. There is no "Mecca and whatever they deem a holy place".

I am not intrested in hearing your personal philosophies about this statement. You have been warned once. I beg you to please follow the wishes and requests of the gracious moderators (who are far greater than I) who have had kind discussions with you.

-------------
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 11 August 2006 at 1:18am

Dear Anne Marie,

Could you please consider the words Soul-searching and Spiritual Search and the journey of our minds to better causes and thoughts.

The term Hajj is exclusively reserved for the Annual Ritual in Mecca and Arafat. Umrah is also visiting Mecca but is considered as a visit intended to seek Allah's pleasure.

Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

Posted By: amlhabibi2000
Date Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:02pm

Salam Alaikoam

I found my old membership info so will be using this username again.

As for terms I will try very hard not to use terms in other ways than prescribed but it is a little confusing because there are 137 sects of Islam and it is a challenge to address issues in ways that makes everyone happy.

So instead of using Hajj I will use Pilgrimage instead or soul journey as BZM suggested.

Salam

Anne Marie Habibi

-------------
Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 13 August 2006 at 5:15pm

Dear Anne Marie,

Welcome and I would prefer if you use "soul journey" or "soul-searching journey" and please try to ask all friends here if you have any confusion.

The fundamentals of Islam remain the same in all sects and are never challenged by any sect.

Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net