Forum Description: Comments & Complaints
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5527
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 10:23pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Why are Topics being closed?
Posted By: Megatron
Subject: Why are Topics being closed?
Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:21pm
Can somebody explain to me why so many topics are being closed?  How does that benefit anyone?  What is that saying? That all the viewpoints on the matter have been discussed, slam the gavel, case closed?

It seems ludicrous to me to close a topic.  Let people's interest in the topic wane and let it occur by itself.

Replies:
Posted By: salman_s
Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:27pm

whenever the moderators close a topic, they do so in the best interests of us

masha Allah the moderators are doing a great job

may Allah reward them

there is no need to make such complaints

moderators, continue the way you all are doing

Allah is the source of strength

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:34pm
Okay buddy,

The moderators aren't all-knowing beings.  They are people and they may be wrong sometimes.  Maybe that's something you need to consider before you blindly defend them and envoke Allah's name to defend them.

*EDITED*
Mind your language bro.

-------------
I'm about to go get lifted.

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:44pm

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Okay buddy,

Why don't you give them back massages and baby sit their kids for free while you're at it.

comments like these force the moderators to close the topic, you little buddy !

masha Allah the moderators are doing a great job

moderators, continue the way you are doing

Allah is the source of strength

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 4:26am

Can somebody explain to me why so many topics are being closed?  How does that benefit anyone?  What is that saying? That all the viewpoints on the matter have been discussed, slam the gavel, case closed?

It seems ludicrous to me to close a topic.  Let people's interest in the topic wane and let it occur by itself.

Bismillah,

Megatron,

Dare I post HERE?  Hmmm.  How should I let you know that I agree with you?  Pm?  Separate topic? 

THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD!

I do agree, Brother, except maybe, and I say maybe, when the person who has started a topic asks for it to be closed.  But even then, since this is a public board and others benefit from it, even in this case, I think your case has merit.

PEACE

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 4:30am
what this has to do with Allah?

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 8:30am

REMINDER:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Assalaamualaikum,

Note regarding this forum:

Only concerned user with complaint ( topic starter ), and IC Moderators/Administrators should take part in conversations. It is not a discussion forum where all users may take part in a "complaint".

Other users ( besides topic starter ), however, may take part in threads related to "comments" ( and not complaints ).

Kindly Co-operate. Thank you.

Moderator Group

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

<FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=5>REMINDER:

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=2>�

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=2>Dear Brothers and Sisters,Assalaamualaikum,Note regarding this forum:

<FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)">Only concerned user with <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">complaint </SPAN>( topic starter ), and IC Moderators/Administrators should take part in conversations. </SPAN><FONT style="COLOR: rgb(255,0,0)" face=Arial size=2>It is not a discussion forum where all users may take part in a <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">"complaint"</SPAN>.

Other users ( besides topic starter ), however, may take part in threads�related to "<SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">comments</SPAN>" ( and not complaints ).

<FONT face=sans-serif size=2>Kindly Co-operate. Thank you.Moderator Group

Are you runnin for moderatorship?
I think we have a case of Identity fraud here.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:27am

REMINDER:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Assalaamualaikum,

Note regarding this forum:

Only concerned user with complaint ( topic starter ), and IC Moderators/Administrators should take part in conversations. It is not a discussion forum where all users may take part in a "complaint".

Other users ( besides topic starter ), however, may take part in threads related to "comments" ( and not complaints ).

Moderator Group

Bismillah,

I disagree with this new policy and have stated so repeatedly.

Peace

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:41am
is knowledge guy a Mod? I am confused?!

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:13am
No I am not a moderator.  Just because I like to stay on topic means I am a moderator?  Check yourself.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:13am

No I am not a moderator.� Just because I like to stay on topic means I am a moderator?� Check yourself.

Moderator Group

what this means?

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:47am
Obviously you don't read the forum guidelines lol.  It's all good.  I copied and pasted it from here...http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5 142&PN=1

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:53am

Obviously you don't read the forum guidelines lol.� It's all good.� I copied and pasted it from here...http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5 142&PN=1

Well I have read it but not in that much detail to remember complimentary close.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:32pm
People who blindly follow rules are tools.  People who are progressive thinkers question rules.  I understand deleting posts with expletives and racist comments but I fail to consider how

*EDITED*

has to be EDITED and I am asked to watch my language.  How is that inappropriate language?

I think closing a topic is a ludicrous idea.  Its an impediment to freedom of speech, and I'm sure this closing of topics would get you a pat on the back from Big Brother.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:33pm
I do agree with megatron here, I didnt found
*EDITED* offensive.

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:50pm
I found that comment offensive. Because it was a cheap comment and as a woman I have a right to feel offended by that cheap comment. Once a post is edited or deleted, you are NOT allowed to re-post it again. Keep that in mind, megatron, herjihad and you too ak.

Megatron, read the guidelines if you have not done so. You know what happens to people who repeatedly break guidelines and make offensive comments on this board. You have a right to your opinion but that does not mean you are free to say whatever you want regarding any person.

Wassalaam.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:07pm
I am not obliged to give explanations. You know what you said and why you said. This is your second warning, stop it now.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:20pm
Stop what?

You need to explain to me what to stop so I can stop it.  This is tyrranical!!!

If you want to run this discussion forum with an iron fist, then you are very short-sighted my sister.  Kick me off if you must, but I deserve an explanation.  If you don't feel fit to give me one, then you don't consider me a human being with rights and I feel extremely sorry for you.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:27pm

Stop what?

If you want to run this discussion forum with an iron fist, then you are very short-sighted my sister.  Kick me off if you must, but I deserve an explanation.  If you don't feel fit to give me one, then you don't consider me a human being with rights and I feel extremely sorry for you.

megatron, read the guidelines, enough is enough !! if you don't abide by the guidelines in future, then you will have to pay the penalty !!

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:28pm
This really doesn't concern you salman_s so butt out.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:29pm

This really doesn't concern you salman_s so butt out.

i concerns me, bcuz that cheap comment which u passed was on me, so you .... out !

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:31pm
Whateve Salman,

I'm talking to Amah, you're name is not Amah last time I checked so move along.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:34pm

Whateve Salman,

I'm talking to Amah, you're name is not Amah last time I checked so move along.

you know what is discussion forum....or you don't !!?  

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:44pm

Stop what?

I did not ask you to stop posting, I only asked you to stop talking about that "comment" of yours. If you considered me (and others) as human beings , if you had any respect for women, you would not have made that comment.

If you think I do not care for your feelings and want you "kicked off" then that is your misunderstanding.

You think it is "intelligent" to question rules and ok to break rules. Rules are here to protect members from people who disregard others' feelings, culture and religion.

We all need to respect each other. AND we need to respect the guidelines.

Wassalaam.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:45pm
amah kinda does have a valid point

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 3:54am

You still have not explained to me why that comment in any way was offensive to women.

I think it is intelligent to question rules not to break them.  If I knew what rule I broke then I could at least check myself.  But so far you have left me in the dark about what rule I have broken. 

I'm sure you think I broke the rule that I made an offensive comment to women, but I fail to see how the comment you edited out was offensive to women whatsoever.  I don't see how the idea of a back massage or babysitting is offensive to women.  Am I the only one that feels this way?  Am I missing something here?  Are you reading between the lines, because I assure you there is nothing there.

If you feel I was offensive to Salman, I will yield do that thought and I understand why that line was deleted, but I was only jesting.  I personally feel and I reiterate that my comment was not offensive to women.  Maybe you can humor me and explain to me why you found it offensive.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:24am

megatron, will you stop being adamant ?

first, you are adamant about why the topic is closed !

and now, you are being adamant about why your post was edited !

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:24am

Megatron:

For most Muslim women, the suggestion of any non-mehram man touching their body in any way is rather offensive. Especially since modesty is so important in our religion, and most Muslim women would not dream of allowing any non-relative to touch her or really even talk about it.

As for closing certain threads, once a thread has degenerated to the point that the original topic is lost and the posters are merely insulting each other there is no point in keeping it open. If posters wish to continue harassing each other or calling names, they may do so in private via PM or e-mail.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

For most Muslim women, the suggestion of any non-mehram man touching their body in any way is rather offensive. Especially since modesty is so important in our religion, and most Muslim women would not dream of allowing any non-relative to touch her or really even talk about it.

Okay...I understand now.  I'm sorry that I made that comment about back massages.  I thought the moderator on here was a male, but I stand corrected.  I did not intend my comments to be of a sexual nature.  Maybe I should have said "Mowed your lawn" instead of back massage.  But the idea of one man giving another man a back massage cracks me up....that's why I said that. 

Anyway...sorry for the offense...it won't happen again.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:36am

Okay...I understand now.  I'm sorry that I made that comment about back massages.  I thought the moderator on here was a male, but I stand corrected. 

you knew that the moderator was female !

thats y u made that comment on baby sitting !

shame on u that u r still laughing !

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:37am

We have male and female Moderators. Sister Amah and I are female.

I appreciate your understanding and apology. Thank you.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:39am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Okay...I understand now.  I'm sorry that I made that comment about back massages.  I thought the moderator on here was a male, but I stand corrected. 

you knew that the moderator was female !

thats y u made that comment on baby sitting !

shame on u that u r still laughing !

Assalamu Alaikum Salman:

Men can have children too. If he said he is sorry, we should accept that and move on, Insha'Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:15am

Yeah Salman,

Maybe you should learn about biology and realize that men are needed to have children.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:26am

may be megatron you should first join moral science classes and learn about moral values

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:28am

may be megatron you should first join moral science classes and learn about moral values

yes becuase I heard that Megatro is cloning animals...

jeez get a life dude.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:33am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

yes becuase I heard that Megatro is cloning animals...

jeez get a life dude.

ak_m_f, improve your english ! 'dude', 'damn' stop using such words ! you can't speak pure english ! you speak like gangsters !

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:34am
No offence, taking english lesson from an Indian is the last thing I need

bye Salman. see you on some Jihadi forum

Posted By: Muslima
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:43am

More and more business are moving to india actually. Lots of british copmpanies employ and more and more, jobs required are very high standard.

It seems they have an excellent English.

-------------
Allah Ou Akbar!

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:46am

No offence, taking english lesson from an Indian is the last thing I need

bye Salman. see you on some Jihadi forum

it is a fact that indians speak the purest english !

we indians don't use words like 'damn', 'dude'.....neither do we use abbrevated form of abusive language like you so, ak_m_f !

insha Allah i will see you in some jihadi forum ak_m_f ! you need to learn about jihad !

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

jobs required are very high standard.

yep those call cneters ask for P.hD in physics.

insha Allah i will see you in some jihadi forum ak_m_f ! you need to learn about jihad !

I dont visit terrorist websites

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:06am

I dont visit terrorist websites

i m calling you in a jihadi website ! but you think that jihad is an act of terrorism ! your thinking is against the teachings of islam ak_m_f !

but if you don't want to come in jihadi forum, then its ur wish, u may then become a US or israeli soldier !

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:12am
He is a zionist so yes, he would be welcome in the US and israel

-------------
Allah Ou Akbar!

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:34am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Stop what?

I did not ask you to stop posting, I only asked you to stop talking about that "comment" of yours. If you considered me (and others) as human beings , if you had any respect for women, you would not have made that comment.

If you think I do not care for your feelings and want you "kicked off" then that is your misunderstanding.

You think it is "intelligent" to question rules and ok to break rules. Rules are here to protect members from people who disregard others' feelings, culture and religion.

We all need to respect each other. AND we need to respect the guidelines.

Wassalaam.

Bismillah,

Brother Megatron, Actually, someone suggesting that to a Muslim lady, and other ladies as well, would not only offend her, but also her husband/father/son/daugter -- it's a family honor issue.  Maybe you didn't understand this taboo or that the moderators were female, but you do know what happens when we assume things, right?

I seem to remember mentioning that it may not be taken well to suggest such a thing, but then lately I haven't been wording things so that even people who I thought knew me very well and my opinions on things have completely misinterpretted what I say.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:42am

Actually, it is not only call centres. They are moving towwards high standard jobs and more specifically in cinema and anything to do with digital imaging.

They did not say anything about pakistan, but maybe soon inshAllah.

-------------
Allah Ou Akbar!

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:42am
I am amazed and disgusted at all the disrespect, foolishness, undisciplined, unIslamic behavior I am seeing in this topic and throughout the forum.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 8:00am

I am amazed and disgusted at all the disrespect, foolishness, undisciplined, unIslamic behavior I am seeing in this topic and throughout the forum.

just observe carefully from where and who starts the flame of fire!

we cannot sit quiet and tolerate !

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:20am

Who do you think is responsible? I see more than one person acting these ways.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:22am

just observe carefully from where and who�starts the flame of fire!

we�cannot sit quiet and tolerate !

everything was fine before salman & muslima came here.

Does this gives you any hint?

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:43pm

everything was fine before salman & muslima came here.

Does this gives you any hint?

ak_m_f hates muslim brothers and sisters, indians etc. and supports the wrong-doers such as US and Israeli soldiers !

this gives you a proof who is responsible

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:40pm
NO slaman, I am against Isreali occupation & American invasion of iraq.( you can see this from my previous post )

salman your approach to kill every American & isreali is what I dont agree on.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:47pm

NO slaman, I am against Isreali occupation & American invasion of iraq.( you can see this from my previous post )

salman your approach to kill every American & isreali is what I dont agree on.

you agree on your approach to kill every palestinian, afghani, iraqi and muslim friends at the hands of non-muslims

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:50pm

NO slaman, I am against Isreali occupation & American invasion of iraq.( you can see this from my previous post ) salman your approach to kill every American & isreali is what I dont agree on.

you agree on your approach to kill every palestinian, afghani, iraqi and muslim friends at the hands of non-muslims

I never said that.

Salman I really do care about our muslim brothers in Iraq,Afghanistan,kashmir & Palestine.

But I disagree with killing civilians as a form of retaliation attack.

Why cant they just attack army? the pople who are fighting them not some child going to school.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:55pm

NO slaman, I am against Isreali occupation & American invasion of iraq.( you can see this from my previous post ) salman your approach to kill every American & isreali is what I dont agree on.

I never said that.

Salman I really do care about our muslim brothers in Iraq,Afghanistan,kashmir & Palestine.

But I disagree with killing civilians as a form of retaliation attack.

Why cant they just attack army? the pople who are fighting them not some child going to school.

their army is stronger than our people ! i told you those jihadis are helpless ! they have only those means to terrorize the enemy ! if they had fighter jets and aeroplanes to fight they would have adopted much simpler method to fight the enemies and protect our muslim freinds and would have kicked US out of iraq, afghanistan and israel out of palestinian territory !

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:58pm

their army is stronger than our people�! i told you those jihadis are helpless ! they have only those means to terrorize the enemy ! if they had fighter jets and aeroplanes to fight they would have adopted much simpler method to fight the enemies and protect our muslim freinds and would have kicked US out of iraq, afghanistan and israel out of palestinian territory !

Then salman, I suggest them to get Education, work on techonology. make weapons. When they are strong then fight.

Killing civlians will earn sympathy for Isreal & hatered for palestine.( like majority of people here in America)

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:02am

their army is stronger than our people ! i told you those jihadis are helpless ! they have only those means to terrorize the enemy ! if they had fighter jets and aeroplanes to fight they would have adopted much simpler method to fight the enemies and protect our muslim freinds and would have kicked US out of iraq, afghanistan and israel out of palestinian territory !

Then salman, I suggest them to get Education, work on techonology. make weapons. When they are strong then fight.

Killing civlians will earn sympathy for Isreal & hatered for palestine.( like majority of people here in America)

who will provide them means to get educated? the west and israelis want the destruction of muslims !

so, the best education for we muslims is the Holy Qur'an and the term jihad !

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:12am

who will provide them means to get educated? the west and israelis want the destruction of muslims !

salman, let me tell you something.

When paksitan started its nuclear program, US & isreali government were very scared, they slapped sanctions on us.

We worked hard. researched, got education. no one gave us any help. bhutto said (PM of Pak in 80's)" We will eat grass for 1000 years but Allah willing we will get there".

look at us now, we have techonology, we are making Submarines, fighter jets, tanks,cruise-missles. also our economy is increasing.

We proved to US & Isreali that we are responsible people, we will never let our nukes fall in wrong hands.

Its duty of whole muslim ummah to help them, financially. If Muslim state of ottomann empire wasnt divided because of Arabs, we wouldnt have been in this situation.

You cant expect Isreal to dissappear, you must learn to live with them, peacefully

This is the only Plan I can come up for palestine, do you have better one salman?

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:19am

salman, let me tell you something.

When paksitan started its nuclear program, US & isreali government were very scared, they slapped sanctions on us.

We worked hard. researched, got education. no one gave us any help. bhutto said (PM of Pak in 80's)" We will eat grass for 1000 years but Allah willing we will get there".

look at us now, we have techonology, we are making Submarines, fighter jets, tanks,cruise-missles. also our economy is increasing.

We proved to US & Isreali that we are responsible people, we will never let our nukes fall in wrong hands.

Its duty of whole muslim ummah to help them, financially. If Muslim state of ottomann empire wasnt divided because of Arabs, we wouldnt have been in this situation.

This is the only Plan I can come up for palestine, do you have better one salman?

pakistan has always been a friend of U.S. it is pakistan who allowed U.S. to invade afghanistan. ak_m_f. and don't think that pakistan is very well developed in terms of weapons and technology !

palestine is being occupied by israelis, innocent palestinian civilians being killed daily at the hands of israelis, more so, U.S. providing israelis the help !

how do u think palestine can develop in such situation? the best education for us muslims is Holy Qur'an and jihad

as i said, the west and israelis want the destruction of us muslims in palestine and other areas and want to bully everybody ! that is why, iran is challenging US, masha Allah iran has a great leader called mahmoud ahmadinejad. we muslims need more people like him !

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:32am
it is pakistan who allowed U.S. to invade afghanistan

Pakistan is another country, the Afghanistan dosnt falls under pakistani government's jurisdiction.

but lets get back to the original topic

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net