Forum Description: Comments & Complaints
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5320
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 4:32am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Some thing to ponder about
Posted By: Angel
Subject: Some thing to ponder about
Date Posted: 14 June 2006 at 2:29am

One of the reason I am here (and some others) and continue to stay is to help bridge gaps between non muslims and muslims, and help with at least some understanding but at the moment, for a while now this it is not happening. Even amongst muslims themselves. The gap is getting further away. And its in such a sad state. No one � the moderators and Admin are really listening to the people, there are way too many unnecessary deletions and threads closed.

I thought the boards are for the people to come and learn about islam and muslims and for all groups of people to & to interact with other. Then you should also take note of what is happening not ignore and delete and close things down every five seconds. People are getting frustrated ever more than before, so there are more voices being let out. This should ring some alarm bells but apparently it is not. Instead people get reprimanded, how does this help?? And off course people are going to be upset and offended and mad, and of course there will be no politeness. What do you expect?

The situation with people not happy is quite alarming, and it is quite sad actually. People don�t feel they are being heard but instead seem to get reprimanded and their post deleted. One way to run people off is to keep doing what you do. It will never help in learning nor help in learning about islam and muslims, and that is sad.

There is nothing wrong with having guidelines and I am (nor others) are against them. But when they are not helping then something should be done.

If things don�t change then the boards are going to lose some respected people, it has in the past.

As megatron mentioned rings true:

Quote I've been reading a lot of people on this forum talking about censorship.  I think we(the people that frequent this site and discuss issues and the moderators) need to have a frank discussion of what is/is not appropriate conversational pieces on this forum.

Consider that many people who come to this forum who are non-Muslims do so because they want to build bridges and they want to learn about Islam.  What opinion do you think they will formulate if all their opinions are deleted and are chastized for posting them?

I think we need to start a new thread where all the moderators and users discuss this issue so we can deal with it in an open way instead of secretly deleting dissenting opinions.  Otherwise this discussion forum will degenerate into a Fox News Channel like environment which panders to only one viewpoint. This is not only boring, but it benefits nobody in the search for truth and knowledge.

What is happening is not helping. Keep this up and you won�t have people thinking otherwise.

As I mentioned and it got deleted, about politeness (no guesses who did that) but it was unnecessary to delete. I�ll repeat the best I can. Amah wrote �First of all, you are not being polite.� (this was to Angela) What I mentioned is that, this is a personal view and not an objective view. You cannot expect people to be polite when making a complaint/s, this does not work in the real world. This is not what happens in business and there are customers. You cannot expect complaints to be made in politeness.

And no this does not mean to stop being polite but don�t expect it when there are complaints made!

People care about the boards and their views should not get shut down.

If moderators and the admin care about the people on the boards and want this to be a place of learning islam and bridging the gaps, showing people who and what muslims are, then show it, stop being so concerned about the guidelines than the people themselves. And I am not saying don't have guidelines but they are taking more precendents over the people here and what the boards are actually for, which is for the people to, and to show islam. 

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Replies:
Date Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:40am

So tell me how can non muslims converse and discuss and LEARN varies topics on islam if they are not allowed to have a discussion?

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=7 - Discussions - Islam for non-Muslims
Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, but discussion can not take place here.

This place is going to go down if things don't change. It is becoming very restrictive, its all about you can't do this and that. I have extensively over the year to try and help this place but it seems all fruitless, other board members feel the same and that includes muslims to.

Honestly how can one learn either muslim or non muslim, about islam and other matters on life? Yes this board is islamic but is islam restrictive on interacting with people, learning etc ?

I have learnt much about islam by being in discussions, that has been the biggest help and now that is being taken away from non muslims and muslims also.

The guys that sit there and make up this unrealistic rules or whatever is not helping what this place is suppose to be for, it is becoming a cold place, not the place I once knew it to be.

What's been happening is certainly not helping islamcity. I have been to other muslim sites and there it felt much more welcoming and none of these restrictive stuff that has become of late. Islamcity has always had its guidelines but this this is becoming unrealistic. How are you suppose to operate and have an interactive learning place ?

Both muslims and non muslims here want to help each other, fill the gaps, interact with each other and learn but how? Tell us how to do that if we the board members, (for the boards were created for) are to be here? to learn and become tolerant of each other. HOW ???  

And also How do you expect others to see that you are tolerant people, if the boards are suppose to be islamic then that is going to reflect onto others, all these censorships, deletions, can't talk/discuss is/will be seen as that islam is intolerant, not just a few people but the religion it self, is that what you want?

There is nothing wrong with guiding people to being respectful, polite, cordial and showing them

Both muslims and non muslims are voicing their concerns about the boards to no avail. It is falling on deaf ears, we want this place to work as much as you but nothing we have mentioned doesn't seem to be valued or worthy.

I honestly don't know what the intentions of these boards are anymore, it certainly doesn't offer what it was in the begining or when I joined.

Was Prophet Muhammed anything like this? What was his example?

-------------

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:59am
I agree with both of you, some of the Moderators have a total fox news like attitude. There is one way to think, live and be a Muslim. You either agree or your wrong or out. It is really sad, considering Muslims are so widely different and varied in thier thinking!!

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:30am

In my personal Angel I grow tiresome I trying to understabnd their job. Frankly any sort of moderator who does not care enough to respond here ion this section obviously either cannot mentally comprehend our views and opinion or wish not to address them...Simple...... To some of these moderators the rules may seem simple enough but it is obvious they have loop holes. In my opinion the people who frequent this site make the forums not the moderators. I agree that they themselves have biases. Look at who they choose secretively.....Obvious they wouldn't choose neither one of us who have been here for years because obviously we (or those like myself) are unorthodox. So I agree between the kinds of people they choose this is totally ridiculous

Posted By: Muslima
Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 6:04am

I do not know how the moderators do their job but many of my messages have been deleted.

In this sense, this is not only non-Muslims who are being censored but Muslims as well.

You can disagree with me and I am fine with that but why hide what I believe? I am not a hypocrite and I should be able to voice exactly what I think.

I agree that we are all different, Muslims and non-Muslims, and have no problem with that. The whole wrold is like this. It would be boring otherwise.

Salam

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Muslima Muslima wrote:

I do not know how the moderators do their job but many of my messages have been deleted.

Maybe you should work on yourself.

You can disagree with me and I am fine with that but why hide what I believe? I am not a hypocrite and I should be able to voice exactly what I think.

Being a member on this forum is a privilage not a right......

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:10am

Once again, I disagree, I think this is a right.

Salam

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:36am

Salam

really?

under what section & article of constitution?
or maybe its in human rights of charter?

read this again & again until you get the message:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589&PN=1 - Click here

Posted By: salman_s
Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:39am

Salam

muslima did u read the forum guidelines? this is what guideline no. 25 says -

25. Your participation in discussion forums is a privilege and not a right. "Free Speech" here means that you don't pay for speaking your mind as opposed to any other belief(s) you might have. We reserve the right to remove any comment or comments that are not in line with the above rules, without giving reasons, notifications, or explanations to anyone.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:41am

Can't we change this? I think it should be a right.

Salam

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:45am

Can't we change this?�I think it should be a right.

Salam

If you start paying for the server then I guess why not.

Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:03am

My, what a surprise! 

In this sense, this is not only non-Muslims who are being censored but Muslims as well.

That's because the fine Moderators know the meaning of impartiality, fairness, and equality.  (look them up.)

You can disagree with me and I am fine with that but why hide what I believe? I am not a hypocrite and I should be able to voice exactly what I think.

The moderators "hide what you believe" because you say "what you believe" in a very rude/insulting manner.

I am not a hypocrite either, and I voice my opinion, but if I voice my opinion in an unkind and bigoted manner, I DESERVE to have my rude posts deleted!

I agree that we are all different, Muslims and non-Muslims, and have no problem with that. The whole wrold is like this. It would be boring otherwise.

So if you understand we are all different, and you truly "have no problem with that" what causes you to be so insulting and rude?Obviously you see yourself as somewhat superior to those who are not Muslim.  Take a reality check.....we're all just human beings with different opinions/beliefs. 

Salam

God's Peace.

-------------
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:19am
I think muslima and salman are same people with 2 Ids, any ideas?

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:22am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

I think they might be soulmates.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:23am

Brother akm, I am a woman!

Patty, I think I have already seen complaints you made about moderators and now you say they are impartial and so on.

Your opinion.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

ditto

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:28am

Salam

I'll speak to my friend Kofi and see if we can get a UN resolution passed on this important global issue. We may need to convene an emergency meeting of the Security Council, but I think it's possible we can rectify this appaling situation.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:30am

Brother akm, I am a woman!

Patty, I think I have already seen complaints you made about moderators and now you say they are impartial and so on.

Your opinion.

You are absolutely correct, Muslima.  I did make complaints earlier, when I felt there was discrimination going on.  I was also "warned" by the moderators on two occasions for posting something which, through my own ignorance" I should not have posted because it was more like an insult to Islam.....I was NOT aware it was an insult at the time. 

But I have LEARNED the proper manner in which to communicate my beliefs and feelings with the HELP from the moderators.  And, my dear, that is what you too must learn. 

I have been a member here for five years, and I feel I have learned a lot about the Muslims, Islam, bigotry, equality, fairness, goodness, and mean-spiritedness.  Most importantly, I have learned VOLUMES about the human race.  I truly hope you will too.

God's Peace!

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:32am

Can't we change this?�I think it should be a right.

Salam

I'll speak to my friend Kofi and see if we can get a UN resolution passed on this important global issue. We may need to convene an emergency�meeting of the Security Council, but I think it's possible we can rectify this appaling situation.

While you are at it Colin, I will pay an urgent visit to White house, maybe I can get them to ammed the constitution.

How this sound to you colin?

Constitution Act of June 23,2006.

Article XIXV

Its a right of every American citizen to have unlimited Acess to Islamic forums; even if they dont pay for it & reagardless of their extremist idology.

*section 2
    This dosnt applies to OBL.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:35am

Salam

I'll speak to my friend Kofi and see if we can get a UN resolution passed on this important global issue. We may need to convene an emergency meeting of the Security Council, but I think it's possible we can rectify this appaling situation.

While you are at it Colin, I will pay an urgent visit to White house, maybe I can get them to ammed the constitution.

How this sound to you colin?

Constitution Act of June 23,2006.

Article XIXV

Its a right of every American citizen to have unlimited Acess to Islamic forums, reagardless of their extremist idology.

*section 2
    This dosnt applies to OBL.

Colin and ak:

You two are hopeless!!!  It really is true what they say...."men are just boys grown tall"

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:41am

Good idea AK, but we don't need to involve the Whitehouse in "Muslima's right to free speech on Islamicity" - Ammendment No 3234.

Myself and Kofi have passed a secret UN resolution outlawing American interference in important global matters such as this.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:44am
maybe she is American, she has already told us that she was bron in "west".
I dont know what she meant by this, is it possible she is talking about some village "west" of Tehran ?

Posted By: Cassandra
Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:49am
[QUOTE=Colin]

[QUOTE=ak_m_f]I think muslima and salman are same people with 2 Ids, any ideas?

Colin and a_k_m_f:  I think you owe Salman (who is not here to defend himself) an apology. Salman may have ideas which differ from yours, or mine, but in my (very limited) time on this forum, I have not found that he has said anything to offend me. His ideas are orthodox, but not....well, I shall refrain, for fear of Moderators(Am growing quite fond of this purple - Thanks Angela)

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:01am
You are right Cassandra. Sorry Salman, I now realise that you do not support terrorists.. any confusion can be squarely blamed on a series of unfortunate typographic errors caused by a major malfunction of the Salmantech XP7 keyboard you are using.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:06am

You are right Cassandra. Sorry Salman I now realise that you do not support terrorists.. any confusion can be squarely blamed on a series of unfortunate typographic errors caused a major malfunction of the Salmantech XP7 keyboard you are using.

I am sorry too; Salman, you never offended me by supporting Alqida, I dont care if western civlians die.
Sorry for posting truth about India, From now on I will live in Ignorance. who cares about gujarat riots, hey as long as its not me.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:06am

What you call terrorist Colin may be heroes for many people (Muslims or not).

This is all relative.

Akm, West of Tehran? I actually would love to go to Iran. I heard some travellers go there, even women alone. I hope to do that one day inshAllah.

Do you think it is OK to pray as a Sunni in their mosques? I mean will that be a problem to them? The question is for akm.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:09am

What you call terrorist Colin may be heroes for many people (Muslims or not).

This is all relative.

Akm, West of Tehran? I actually would love to go to Iran. I heard some travellers go there, even women alone. I hope to do that one day inshAllah.

Do you think it is OK to pray as a Sunni in their mosques? I mean will that be a problem to them? The question is for akm.

I agree with you, They maybe heroes for you, but I call them terrorist.

You hve your right to call then whatever you want, no one is taking it away from you.

ofcourse, its ok to pray with Shia.

do you think they have different mecca for Shia?

please dont derail this thread.

some times over here in Canada, I cant find a place to park my car (@ the mosque I usually go to)

so I go to shia mosque & pray. I havnet seen them doing any thing wierd, its all the same

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:19am
I'm also sorry Salman for criticising your posting of a tribute to Al Zarqawi, when all you really meant was to post a tribute to Al Capone, that much misunderstood early 1900 century American social reformer and liquor salesman. It's so easy to copy and paste the wrong article when you are tired after a long day studying FIFA Football World Cup statistics.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:23am

Akm, I was just asking because I would not like to upset them. I get on well with them but I do not know if they would mind me praying in their mosque or not.

Colin, I think I am definitely on the same wavelength as Salman's. MashAllah, I love his ideas.

Salam

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:25am
I asked this question from a scholar long time ago.

Luckily I still have this in my e-mail

I hope this answers your question "muslima"

Question:
Is it Okay to do Jummah in a Shia masjid which is close to where I work?

Answer:
As-Salamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
We commend your keenness on getting your self well-acquainted with Islam and its teachings, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, �Islam is built upon five pillars: testifying that there is no true god except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, performing Prayer, paying the Zakah, making the pilgrimage to the Sacred House (Hajj), and fasting the month of Ramadan.� (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

First of all, we�d like to draw your attention to the fact that Shi`ah are generally considered to be Muslims. All Muslims should be alert against the schemes and plots planned by the enemies of Islam. They are the ones that want us to disagree and fight each other. We should not give them this chance.

Professor Muhammad Ahmad Siraj, a professor of Islamic Studies at the American University, states:

Sunnis and Shi`ites are Muslims who pray to the same God. Both believe in the same Qur'an, have faith in the same message of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), and you are recommended to pray with the Iranian Muslims in their mosques sticking to your Sunni understanding of Islam as it is high time for the Muslim Ummah to appreciate all the segments of this Ummah and to have common understanding and appreciation of the Islamic faith.

The Qur'an calls us to unite and cooperate and avoid causes of dissent. Allah Almighty says: " And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah, and do not separate. And remember Allah's favor unto you: how ye were enemies and He made friendship between your hearts so that ye became as brothers by His grace; and (how) ye were upon the brink of an abyss of fire, and He did save you from it. Thus Allah maketh clear His revelations unto you, that haply ye may be guided.� (Al `Imran: 103)

It does not mean that you are required to relax your understanding of the principles of Islam for the sake of unity of others but to live with them and appreciate what they have. Let's try to cooperate on our common interpretations and excuse each other in case of difference.�

If you are still in need of more information, don't hesitate to contact us. Do keep in touch. May Allah guide us all to the straight path!
Wassalam and Allah Almighty knows best.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:27am

Colin,�I think I am definitely on the same wavelength as Salman's. MashAllah, I love his ideas.
Salam

Alzwarqi was on the same wavelength when he was bombed, you better switch to some other frequency, Ameircans monitor the wavelength which you are on

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:28am

Colin, I think I am definitely on the same wavelength as Salman's. MashAllah, I love his ideas.

Ahhhh, that's nice.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:29am

Salam

Alzwarqi was on the same wavelength when he was bombed, you better switch to some other frequency, Ameircans monitor that wavelength that you are on

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:31am

Akm, you did not undertsand my question regarding Shias. My question was not about whether this is a sin or not. I also consider them as Muslims.

But would THEY take it as an offence is a Sunni prayed in their mosque? That was my question.

Well, you know I met a Iranian in Italy.  You will NEVER guess where! In the Vatican!!!! I thought I was the only Muslims there visiting. I had met a christian Iraqi sister there. But He was there with his wife and we spoke for a little while. I love Iranian people. They are very nice. I can only guess they would not mind if I prayed in their mosque.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:32am
no its not a Sin

Shia are our brothers.

I prayed in Shia mosque, & no one stoned me to death

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 12:22pm

I know this is not a sin, and i know they would not harm me. I was just wondering if they would mind me praying with them when I am a Sunni.

Please do not deform what I have said. I hope you are cleverer than that.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 2:26pm
I am not Shia.
Why dont you e-mail the Imam of Shia mosque.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:28pm

the same thing should be said about ak_m_f and colin, i think it suits the best for ak_m_f and colin

i think ak_m_f and colin are same people with 2 ids, any ideas 

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:30pm

the same thing should be said about ak_m_f and colin, i think it suits the best for ak_m_f and colin

i think ak_m_f and colin may be soulmates

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

the same thing should be said about ak_m_f and colin, i think it suits the best for ak_m_f and colin

We are not exactly soulmates Sir Salman, we are much more akin to like-minded virtual online comedy terrorists. Watch out for our RPG's -Rocket Propelled Gags.

Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 11:22pm

We are not exactly soulmates Sir Salman, we are much more akin to like-minded virtual online comedy terrorists. Watch out for our RPG's -Rocket Propelled Gags.

don't try to run away from reality colin, i think u and ak_m_f are soulmates

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:30am

don't try to run away from reality colin, i think u and ak_m_f are soulmates

Salman, I really think Muslima likes you a lot...AK and myself - as senior vice-presidents of Happiness Inc - have a brand new matchmaking services department. We charge very reasonable rates... if we unable to find you an ideal partner within 40 years, we offer you a full refund of your fees.

Would you like to be our first cliient?

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:51am

You know something I am a little mad at you follow board members

I have been quite serious here when I posted my letters. You too have been serious in having this section of the forum open to be able to discuss issues on complaints made but I am starting to see why that this section has be made "no discussion". If you really are serious at having this complaints and comments section open to discussion and to voice your concerns on the same issue/s being made, then I think it would be wise that you don't go off track and/or becoming comedians on things that are not even about the issue!

Now I have been quite serious and those few that have come on board here in this thread on page one have been to, not to mention again that all of you have been in other threads in this section & on other matters.

Honestly!

I feel like taking page one and repost it again and have this thread deleted! 4 pages of stuff that is not even about my concerns and issuses or yours for that matter!!!!!!  

Can't believe it!  [shaking my head in disappointment]

-------------

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:13am
Angel, if it was that important to you, why didn't you post it directly to the mods/admin?

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:21am
Angel you are correct, we shouldn't have derailed the thread....but when certain people - I think you know who I mean - post hysterical or downright stupid responses, the only way some of us can reply is with humour... we'd go stark raving mad if we tried to engage them in meaningful conversation.  :-----)

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:23am
C'mon Colin,she is right,you have joined with twin brothers and made astrayed the issue of the topic...you are guilty

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:26am

Angel you are correct, we shouldn't have derailed the thread....but when certain people - I think you know who I mean - post hysterical or downright stupid responses, the only way some of us can reply is with humour... we'd go stark raving mad if we tried to engage them in meaningful conversation.  :-----)

Confession...ok,please let we all turn back to the main issue of the thread....but any of the moderators do not respond to...we are talking on them?...

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:27am

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

C'mon Colin,she is right,you have joined with twin brothers and made astrayed the issue of the topic...you are guilty

Guilty as charged your honour....I'd like to plead for a light sentence because I think I'm suffering from "traumatic post stress disorder"...

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:28am

I don't know, a force of habit.

To have others see and if they agree (or not) or have same concerns then they too can join in

-------------

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

To have others see and if they agree (or not) or have same concerns then they too can join in

I suspect that many here are a little afraid to question the mods in case they are thought of as troublemakers. Remember, the mods can ban someone with the click of a tiny mouse button...

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:33am

-------------

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:47am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I suspect that many here are a little afraid to question the mods in case they are thought of as troublemakers. Remember, the mods can ban someone with the click of a tiny mouse button...

ok

seriously thou, my points are not completely directed at the moderators.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net