Topic: The Way to Paradise is Very Hard
Posted By: salman_s
Subject: The Way to Paradise is Very Hard
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:23am

The Way to Paradise is Very Hard

http://www.islaam.com/Scholar.aspx?id=51 - Dr. `Umar Al-Ashqar

The Final Day � Paradise and Hell In the Light of the Quran and Sunnah

� 1999 IIPH, Riyadh

Paradise is very high, and ascending to lofty places takes a great deal of effort. The way to Paradise is filled with things that go against human wishes and inclinations. This needs strong determination and willpower. In a hadith narrated by Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, said: "Hell has been veiled with desires, and Paradise has been veiled with hardships."

The version recorded by Muslim says "surrounded" instead of "veiled." [Jami al-Usul, 10/521, no. 8069]

An-Nisa�i, Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud report from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam said:

"When Allah created Paradise, He told Jibril, �Go and look at it.� So he went and looked at it, then he came back and said: �By Your Glory, no one will hear of it but he will enter it." So He surrounded it with hardships and siad, �Go and look at it.� So he went and looked at it, then came back and said: �By Your Glory, I fear that noone will enter it." [Jami al-usul, 10/520, no. 8068. Tirmidhi said: It is a gharib sahih hasan hadith]

An-Nawawi commented on the first hadith:

"This is an example of the beautiful, eloquent and concise speech of which the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, was capable, in which he gives a beautiful analogy. It means that nothing will help you to reach Paradise except going through hardships, and nothing will lead you to Hell but whims and desires. Both are veiled as described, and whoever tears down the veil will reach what was hidden behind it. The veil of Paradise is torn down by going through hardships, and the veil of Hell is torn down by giving in to whims and desires. Hardship includes striving consistently and patiently in worship, restraining one�s anger, forgiving, being patient, giving in charity, being kind to those who mistreat you, resisting physical desires, etc." [Sharh an-Nawawi `ala Muslim, 17/165]

Replies:
Posted By: schwester
Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:28am
is it? you say the shahadah and that's it. all who believes in this will be let into paradise, i heard. but in different parts of paradise according to their level of faith, and to their good/bad deeds.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:37am
The most easy way is to become a suicide bomber for hamas

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:06pm
oh i would say it's like the hardest way, but into hell.

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

oh i would say it's like the hardest way, but into hell.

yep and the best thing is you can meet famous historical figures like Hitler & Stalin. now who wants to miss that!

one way first class trip (sorry no rainchecks)

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Are they (hamas)  holding 40 virgins for you there bro?

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

[PAre they (hamas) holding 40 virgins for you there bro?

they can keep their virgins...I think God has something else for them in store.

but lets get back to the topic.

I heard that who ever beleive in Allah & prophet will go to heaven, some say only God can decide it.

I am confused! who's right!?

Date Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:21pm

Allah forgives whom He wills and Allah punishes whom He wills

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 4:51am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

To the suicide vest moblie!

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 11:43am

Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

[PAre they (hamas) holding 40 virgins for you there bro?

they can keep their virgins...I think God has something else for them in store.

but lets get back to the topic.

I heard that who ever beleive in Allah & prophet will go to heaven, some say only God can decide it.

I am confused! who's right!?

Assalamu Alaikum:

AK I will post some stuff about this lster. I have to look it up, Insha'Allah.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 5:21pm

aha, who knows, maybe He has forgiven also those Hitler & Stalin. so the one may shot 2, can get into paradise through the easiest way and also may meet directly with those dudes. but you do whatever you want, because, anyway, He forgives/punishes whomever He wills.

Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:37pm

To the suicide vest moblie!

to everyone !

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:54am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

i would suggest that every1 who wants to talk bout suicide bombing read Surah Buruj and the story behind it, i wish people stop putting cases in palestine into direct comparison with whats happening else where

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 6:09am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

i would suggest that every1 who wants to talk bout suicide bombing read Surah Buruj and the story behind it, i wish people stop putting cases in palestine into direct comparison with whats happening else where

wassalam

what it says, please tell me

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 6:33am

its a long story bro but in short a little boy has to sacrifice his own life to uphold the deen and Allah swt is putting that in His final Book, tells you some thing dont you think

case of palestine is different from whatever is happening around the world, they don't have means to defend or fight back and only way to put terror in heart of enemy is through this one way they chose, i cant remember the verse no (if some1 can help me out with this) but there is ayah in the Holy Quran which tells muslims that as a nation muslim should seek the power in weaponary so they could instill terror in the heart of neighbouring countries only to safeguard themselves from the future invasions, and im sure you would know the only reason behind america not attacking russia was cos it had nuclear weapons and same with india, there was a famous incident in 1985 when it was almost certain that india will attack pakistan and president of pakistan went to india uninvited just for a cricket match, and at the end it is said he whispered in indian PM's ears that if you thinking of attacking us think again cos we got what you got (nuclear weapons) and if you attack us we are going to use anything and everything for our defence, so no war after that,

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 6:37am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

its a long story bro but in short a little boy has to sacrifice his own life to uphold the deen and Allah swt is putting that in His final Book, tells you some thing dont you think

case of palestine is different from whatever is happening around the world, they don't have means to defend or fight back and only way to put terror in heart of enemy is through this one way they chose, i cant remember the verse no (if some1 can help me out with this) but there is ayah in the Holy Quran which tells muslims that as a nation muslim should seek the power in weaponary so they could instill terror in the heart of neighbouring countries only to safeguard themselves from the future invasions, and im sure you would know the only reason behind america not attacking russia was cos it had nuclear weapons and same with india, there was a famous incident in 1985 when it was almost certain that india will attack pakistan and president of pakistan went to india uninvited just for a cricket match, and at the end it is said he whispered in indian PM's ears that if you thinking of attacking us think again cos we got what you got (nuclear weapons) and if you attack us we are going to use anything and everything for our defence, so no war after that,

I have mentioned this in my other post too sister, like get education, get techonology, this is why US didnt Invaded pak. US would be in Pak right now seraching for OBL.

It becomes risky to park multi-billion carrries if they are in range of your nukes

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 28 June 2006 at 2:08pm

Fatima you said:

case of palestine is different from whatever is happening around the world, they don't have means to defend or fight back and only way to put terror in heart of enemy is through this one way they chose,

So if I were poor and I had no weapons suicide bombing is ok? Anyway according to the subject heading I would agree that the way to paradise is difficult yet, everyone in the Muslim coomunity says that Islam is so easy...... I am content with believing that I'm on my way to hell (since I have been judged here already) that way if God rejects me I wont be surprised. Therefore I live my life right and help others and do the best that I can......

Date Posted: 28 June 2006 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>Fatima you said:

case of palestine is different from whatever is happening around the world, they don't have means to defend or fight back and only way to put terror in heart of enemy is through this one way they chose,

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>So if I were poor and I had no weapons suicide bombing is ok? Anyway according to the subject heading I would agree that the way to paradise is difficult yet, everyone in the Muslim coomunity says that Islam is so easy...... I am content with believing that I'm on my way to hell (since I have been judged here already) that way if God rejects me I wont be surprised. Therefore I live my life right and help others and do the best that I can......

Islam is very easy, people make it hard on themeslves.

Date Posted: 28 June 2006 at 6:58pm
i agree. islam is the religion which shows mankind how to live right. right means happily in permitted ways God offered us. it is understood from its first idea "not force anyone".

Date Posted: 28 June 2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

aha, who knows, maybe He has forgiven also those Hitler & Stalin. so the one may shot 2, can get into paradise through the easiest way and also may meet directly with those dudes. but you do whatever you want, because, anyway, He forgives/punishes whomever He wills.

Any chance of having an appointment with HItler in heaven? I heard his cottage is right next to the "Garden of Eden".

Date Posted: 28 June 2006 at 7:32pm

i don think i'll feel good next to him in Heaven where he is now living endless. he wasn't washed up from his smelling-bad talks by getting into heaven directly. people thank so much for his end on this world. but i can't refuse an offer to see his cottage

Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:20am

Assalamu alaikum

I dont want to reply to your comments about palestine cos i dont think you would ever understand.

About you going to hell, brother in a hadith qudsi Allah swt says, I am as my servent thinks I am. He is Most Merciful so hope and pray for His Mercy and ask Him for better understanding of the true deen.

wassalam

-------------

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 01 July 2006 at 2:22pm
You're right I don't understand the Palestine situation......However there is no justification for murder of oneself and others so please tell your justification for their tatics?

Date Posted: 02 July 2006 at 5:31am

Assalamu alaikum

Allah swt says in Holy Quran that 'fight those who fight you' and also 'turn them out from where they have turned you out' (2:190-191). It is also mentioned in Holy Quran that masajid are for Allah swt alone (72:18) and people who follow His deen should be keeping them for this purpose.

Now the basic rulings of Qital (form of jihad, which involves fighting) divides it into three type, 1. People who fight against an invader in their own land, 2. who go to help muslims who are been invaded, 3. This last type which we dont see these days due to the fact that ummah is not united no more is for the purpose of spreading the deen.

Now if you see the issue of palestine, all three criteria are met, they been thrown out of their homes, One of our three most honoured masajid is under the attack constantly, and now those poor people who are driven out of their homes are constantly attacked in an effort to totally crush them. We dont have a belief system like christianity where it is advised or thought better that you put your other cheek as well for the next slap coming your way.

Now you yourself are a law enforcer so what do you say about laws of Allah swt?

wassalam

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net