URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4777
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 1:42am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I don�t appreciate the topic being closed
Posted By: herjihad
Subject: I don�t appreciate the topic being closed
Date Posted: 09 May 2006 at 12:55pm

Bismillah,

NO!  Children!  You can't agree to disagree and discuss it here at Islamicity!  ESPECIALLY the sisters!!!  Oh, no.  You must maintain decorum rather than rules in this space whether you think it is appropriate or not.

I one hundred percent felt the discussion was important and relevant and going somewhere.   Human beings need to work things out.  It' s not always daffodils and roses on the way to understanding and communication.

(In reference to:  Halal music topic)

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Replies:
Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 3:38am

Assalamu Alaikum!

First of all, I appreciate your concern.

It is sad that that thread had to be closed. Well, we can take steps to ensure that that doesn't happen again. How? Let us all follow guidelines.

Yes, hardships will be there on the way in any discussion. At the same time, we also have to remember that any form of personal attack on any forum user will be considered a serious violation. It is easy to verify as to how many times violations were made in that respect alone.

As repeated over and over again, topic should be discussed with Islamic Adab. Agree or disagree with Islamic Adab. But, there should be no personal attack whatsoever. As long as discussions take place with Adab following guidelines, there is no problem. There are many threads that remain untouched because of compliance with guidelines.

We may not agree on many things Sister. That is how we are for whatever the reasons. But, at least we can show respect to our fellow Brothers and Sisters and fellow forum users while disagreeing.

Now I am going to say something that is not necessarily relevant to the thread in question. It has been noticed over and over again that some users like to mock at ahadith. In this connection, whether or not, a hadith is authentic, it should not be mocked. You may just respectfully disagree with a hadith without making fun of that because many users at the forum love, respect and follow Qur'an and ahadith ( Qur'an and Sunnah ) in the same breadth.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: Danty
Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:31am
Dear Sister Herjihad,
I agree with you 100 percent. Many times when I do post, people put words in my mouth. I did pm one of the Sisters and explained to her why I wrote what I wrote. Sincerly Um Yasin

Dear Peacemaker,

Yes, Quran and Hadith should not be tampered in any way. And they are the ones that we live our life by. But when a sister puts a hadith on the post we all should understand the meaning behind it. None of us are personally atacking each other, we are trying to let our brothers and sisters understand what is right and what is wrong. I and most of the members here want good for each other. This is a part of LIFE to discuss our religion!

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)

Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:33am

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Danty,

JazzakeeAllahKhayr for your astute post!  Ma'shahAllah Alaykee!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 8:07am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Danty:

"None of us are personally atacking each other, we are trying to let our brothers and sisters understand what is right and what is wrong. I and most of the members here want good for each other."

I appreciate your point of view. However, I receive PMs of users, and most of them get offended by that kind of discussion that took place in that thread for whatever the reasons (I have already made clear in my previous post ).

Therefore, for the sake of Allah, let us stop that. Period.

And I hope that you all will help me do my job as a moderator just as I was welcome at the time when I had become moderator.  I am a busy person,  and have many other things to deal with in life. Therefore, I hope you all will show some respect and compassion to this brother or a fellow human being.

Or at least comply with guidelines.

Peace

-------------

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 10:29am

Have i missed something????...

National Guard of Islamicity (NGOIC,Brother Suleyman-The main horse rider)

Posted By: -ArabianKnight-
Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:10pm
Yeah.. I was reading that thread too... It was getting pretty Catty in there... a classic clash between eastern vs western muslims... and they justify their position using scripture and such etc.. which always ends up this way.

It was a good topic. Music is a skill... God doesnt punish you for learning other skills... writing? drawing? unless you use them for some evil purpose...

But this goes to show - that if you complain enoupgh .. you can make anything happen. Get a topic closed just because you dont like what somone is advocating.

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger

Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:23pm

Hi -ArabianKnight:

"But this goes to show - that if you complain enoupgh .. you can make anything happen. Get a topic closed just because you dont like what somone is advocating."

The primary decision of closing the topic was based on the violation of guidelines as I mentioned in the first post in this thread. I only mentioned general complaints received on a regular basis in my second post in reponse to Danty's post.  

Thanks for your input anyway.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:17pm

Bismillah,

Originally posted by -ArabianKnight- -ArabianKnight- wrote:

Yeah.. I was reading that thread too... It was getting pretty Catty in there... a classic clash between eastern vs western muslims... and they justify their position using scripture and such etc.. which always ends up this way.

AstagfirAllah!  Please don't use such condescending speech with your Muslim sisters, Brother.  And the clash was among those who believe the hadith modify the Holy Quran, and those who believe that if Hadith do not support the Holy Quran that it is not valid -- which I adhere to.

It was a good topic. Music is a skill... God doesnt punish you for learning other skills... writing? drawing? unless you use them for some evil purpose...

Ameen.  It is a skill and a blessing from our Loving Lord, a tribute to His glory and majesty.

But this goes to show - that if you complain enoupgh .. you can make anything happen. Get a topic closed just because you dont like what somone is advocating.

Was that why it was closed?  I thought it was because this site will always close a site when a person like me says that they firmly believe that hadith do not change the Quraan, but are only valid when they complement the Holy Quraan.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2006 at 12:11am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

AstagfirAllah!  Please don't use such condescending speech with your Muslim sisters, Brother. And the clash was among those who believe the hadith modify the Holy Quran, and those who believe that if Hadith do not support the Holy Quran that it is not valid -- which I adhere to.

Ameen.  It is a skill and a blessing from our Loving Lord, a tribute to His glory and majesty.

Was that why it was closed?  I thought it was because this site will always close a site when a person like me says that they firmly believe that hadith do not change the Quraan, but are only valid when they complement the Holy Quraan.

So what if they were non muslims.. would that be ok to Condecend them?... Just because somone flys the Muslim banner does not give them automatic protection from criticism. Its called being religously biased and its sickening. If "The muslim sisters" dont want to be called catty.. then they shouldnt be catty.

You see.. I told you, the moderators rule based on their own interpretation of islam. But no.. they are "DOing a good job" as you were so fond of saying. Everything is good untill it affects you undesirably. Its a law of human nature.

I read the guidlines... and i'm sure few people have.. it only has 109 Views as of this moment. Compare that to "Mishmish the New Moderator" 704 Views... or "The Fifa - World Cup" Thread.. which has well over a 1000 views.  If the rules were broken in the "Halal Music" Thread.. then slap my head and call me silly because they are also broken every where else on this forum all the time...

but its ok... I rather see 1 Locked Thread every few weeks rather than 15 every time I log on...  

Ps. I wasnt being condecending any way.. maybe you should look up Catty on dictionary.com

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:56am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

I think the problem is we dont know how to tolerate a view which dont match to our own, we dont have no patience no more, 

we forget bout the fact that we are going to be asked bout a nasihah given in wrong manner, cos ofcourse the rulings of Allah swt can neva be wrong so if some1's taking em wrong, its the way we delivering them is faulty. if I think that whateva im trying to do is uphold the deen of Allah swt then if some1 comes with an opposite view point wont feel insulting to me as there wont be a 'ME' in equation, take it as another person's view and khair, once if u stated what u think is right in a goodly manner then duty is no more for u, as Allah swt said on so many places to Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) that His is only to convey and guidance is from Allah swt,

another very important thing for every1 to understand is that if some1 is giving u a strict ruling, please dont doubt their intention. they are not judging any1 by stating the ruling on contrary they hoping that them doing this might help some1 improve in their religion and they will get the reward of their Lord.

u should always question urself bout ur intention but neva other and always keep the strict ruling for urself and lineant ones for other people.  cos Allah swt will lead a person to the better act Himself

Wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 11 May 2006 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum!

First of all, I appreciate your concern.

It is sad that that thread had to be closed. Well, we can take steps to ensure that that doesn't happen again. How? Let us all follow guidelines.

Yes, hardships will be there on the way in any discussion. At the same time, we also have to remember that any form of personal attack on any forum user will be considered a serious violation. It is easy to verify as to how many times violations were made in that respect alone.

As repeated over and over again, topic should be discussed with Islamic Adab. Agree or disagree with Islamic Adab. But, there should be no personal attack whatsoever. As long as discussions take place with Adab following guidelines, there is no problem. There are many threads that remain untouched because of compliance with guidelines.

We may not agree on many things Sister. That is how we are for whatever the reasons. But, at least we can show respect to our fellow Brothers and Sisters and fellow forum users while disagreeing.

Now I am going to say something that is not necessarily relevant to the thread in question. It has been noticed over and over again that some users like to mock at ahadith. In this connection, whether or not, a hadith is authentic, it should not be mocked. You may just respectfully disagree with a hadith without making fun of that because many users at the forum love, respect and follow Qur'an and ahadith ( Qur'an and Sunnah ) in the same breadth.

Peace

Alaykum Assalaam,

From this I understand that you're saying you closed the topic for two reasons:  one was a personal attack, and two because someone mocked hadith.  Is this correct?  You know, brother, if you had posted exactly why using examples from the thread, then there would have been less ambiguity and more clarity of thought.

I am saying that personal attacks by brothers amongst each other are often ignored and they often come to a settlement over the matter congenially.  I contend that the same leeway is not granted to sisters here on IC.  Consider that this conversation we were having was amonst Muslim sisters in our cyber living room.  We need to talk things out.  It is imperative that we do so.  When a small group of people who care about similar things can work small disagreements out, it contributes to our world community's strength and flexibility.

Concerning the hadith, I personally do not accept a hadith which mocks the Holy Quran, as if it were not the most complete, most perfect book and communication from our Wise Lord to us.   Those of us who have this deeply held spiritual belief deserve the respect of this community as well.  For me the whole issue is one of mutual respect and communication with people who, although we share many things in common, also have differences which will remain in place.

I am going to keep trying for as long as I can to get it through to people who believe differently than me that it is WRONG to quote hellfire using completely unrealted Quraanic verses to support hadith which many of us do not adhere to.  We need to forge a method of communication to enable our combined Islaamic communities for the huge issues which we share in common to be enacted instead of merely discussed.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2006 at 12:38pm

Bismillah,

AstagfirAllah!  Please don't use such condescending speech with your Muslim sisters, Brother. And the clash was among those who believe the hadith modify the Holy Quran, and those who believe that if Hadith do not support the Holy Quran that it is not valid -- which I adhere to.

So what if they were non muslims.. would that be ok to Condecend them?... Just because somone flys the Muslim banner does not give them automatic protection from criticism. Its called being religously biased and its sickening. If "The muslim sisters" dont want to be called catty.. then they shouldnt be catty.

You see.. I told you, the moderators rule based on their own interpretation of islam. But no.. they are "DOing a good job" as you were so fond of saying. Everything is good untill it affects you undesirably. Its a law of human nature.

As much as I disagree with Peacemaker on many issues including this one, I respect that he has to make decisions because noone else will do so.  This is my communication to him on my feelings on the topic asking him to consider what I am saying.  I cannot be a moderator as the responisibility is tremendous and would be overwhelming for me.  I appreciate the brothes and sisters who undertake this unpaid avocation. 

Your comment that everything is good until it affects me is off base completely.  You don't know me, and this occurence doesn't prove this to be true in my character at all. 

I read the guidlines... and i'm sure few people have.. it only has 109 Views as of this moment.

I have read the guidelines a couple of times at least.  I think that other members have read them also.  Why are you so sure that few people have?  When we have continued discourse on a topic, it's obviously going to get more Hits.

Compare that to "Mishmish the New Moderator" 704 Views... or "The Fifa - World Cup" Thread.. which has well over a 1000 views.  If the rules were broken in the "Halal Music" Thread.. then slap my head and call me silly because they are also broken every where else on this forum all the time...

but its ok... I rather see 1 Locked Thread every few weeks rather than 15 every time I log on...  

Ps. I wasnt being condecending any way.. maybe you should look up Catty on dictionary.com

Dictionary.com doesn't have all of the derivations or connotations implied in this word.  This coyness concerning the derogatory nature of the word catty as it clearly not only implies nastiness, but nastiness and subversiveness particular to females, is not an appropriate adjective for women discussion important issues, especially your Muslim Sisters.  That women are cattish or catty or engage in cat fights is incorrect and I seek the abolishment of such foolish, incorrect characterizations which demean either men or women for the fun of it.  Men aren't really dogs and women aren't catty.  Men can be disloyal, and women can be aggressive in conversation.  While the animalistic terms are great for comedy, they are inappropriate for serious, considerate discussions amongst equal adult people.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2006 at 1:41pm

Your comment that everything is good until it affects me is off base completely.  You don't know me, and this occurence doesn't prove this to be true in my character at all. 

Dont be self-centered... I dont pretend to know you... and I wasnt talking about you when I said everything is ok untill it affects you.. I said it was a law of Human nature.. not "Her-Jihad's Nature"..

But I dont care much for semantics... they are as trivial as counting the number of sand-grains on mars.

that aside..

Good - Great... Wonderful... Well Done ol Champ.

If I have to respond again to this repetative issue.. i'll do so with a musical tune on my guitar... how poetic? hahaha... then some of you can tell me how much of a sinner I am... haha.. ..

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Date Posted: 11 May 2006 at 9:27pm

Dont be self-centered... I dont pretend to know you... and I wasnt talking about you when I said everything is ok untill it affects you.. I said it was a law of Human nature.. not "Her-Jihad's Nature"..

But I dont care much for semantics... they are as trivial as counting the number of sand-grains on mars.

that aside..

Good - Great... Wonderful... Well Done ol Champ.

If I have to respond again to this repetative issue.. i'll do so with a musical tune on my guitar... how poetic? hahaha... then some of you can tell me how much of a sinner I am... haha.. ..

Bismillah,

Guitar playing adorns sanctuaries.

-------------

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 12 May 2006 at 1:17am

While the animalistic terms are great for comedy, they are inappropriate for serious, considerate discussions amongst equal adult people.

Deer Herjihad,

I thought this comment was a bit fishy but now realise you were just being bullish on the subject... I'm also glad you were not sheepish in you response to some woolly thinking. ...As their cow-ardly attacks continued, you didn't chicken out of the argument or duck your responsibilities.  Perhaps now we can moo-ve on to an udder topic and all be a little less dog-matic in the face of biting critter-cism.

Date Posted: 12 May 2006 at 7:30am

Bismillah,

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

While the animalistic terms are great for comedy, they are inappropriate for serious, considerate discussions amongst equal adult people.

Deer Herjihad,

I thought this comment was a bit fishy but now realise you were just being bullish on the subject... I'm also glad you were not sheepish in you response to some woolly thinking. ...As their cow-ardly attacks continued, you didn't chicken out of the argument or duck your responsibilities.  Perhaps now we can moo-ve on to an udder topic and all be a little less dog-matic in the face of biting critter-cism.

Deer Colin,

Was a catawampus chasing you when you wrote this?

-------------

Posted By: salman
Date Posted: 12 May 2006 at 7:46am

Bismillah,

Deer Herjihad,

Deer Colin,

-------------
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.

Date Posted: 12 May 2006 at 10:07am

Deer Colin,

No Herjihad, I was acting in a dogawumpas manner.

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 12 May 2006 at 10:25am

Colin,

I just thought you were being boarish. But, enough monkeying around.

Date Posted: 12 May 2006 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Colin,

I just thought you were being boarish. But, enough monkeying around.

Sorry, I went a bit bananas..

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 1:09am

What a catastrophe. Hope that doesn't land you in the doghouse.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

I think I need to paws for a while before I can claw back some credibility.

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:12am

Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

I think I need to paws for a while before I can claw back some credibility.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:37am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Well, it seems the topic, for whatever reasons, has shifted a bit towards humour. If you people suggest, I will move it to humour section.

I don't want to close it as the topic is "I don�t appreciate the topic being closed".

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:40am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Well, it seems the topic, for whatever reasons, have shifted a bit towards humour. If you people suggest, I will move it to humour section.

I don't want to close it as the topic is "I don�t appreciate the topic being closed".

Peace

for the first time since i joined this forum, i have seen peacemaker crack a joke   

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:47am
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum!

Well, it seems the topic, for whatever reasons, have shifted a bit towards humour. If you people suggest, I will move it to humour section.

Peace

for the first time since i joined this forum, i have seen peacemaker crack a joke   

Subhanna AllahulAtheem!  How funny, Brother Salman.

I think sporadic humor can be relevant to any topic as long as the topic starter isn't offended or hurt by the humor.  And I'm not being spiteful when I say that.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:01am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Peace

Subhanna AllahulAtheem!  How funny, Brother Salman.

I think sporadic humor can be relevant to any topic as long as the topic starter isn't offended or hurt by the humor.  And I'm not being spiteful when I say that.

i really did not think that someone would get offended or hurt by what i said .

peacemaker, i apologize if you got offended or hurt by what i said

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:03am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Peace

peacemaker, i really apologize if you were offened or hurt by what i said

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:51am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Salman,

"peacemaker, i really apologize if you were offened or hurt by what i said"

There is nothing you said that you have to apologize to me, Brother.

Peace

-------------

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 11:50am

Assalamu Alaikum:

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:21am

Bismillah,

This is the same yet a different topic.  Guys, what happened with the "Pak" thing by soccer idiot?  Why did you delete MY post which merely alerted you guys about it and didn't delve into the depths of degradatory details involved?????????  Don't you think it would have been more polite to answer and say thanks for the alert?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:38am

Assalamu Alaikum!

herjihad: Don't you think it would have been more polite to answer and say thanks for the alert?

Normally all posts are deleted starting from original ( sick ) to ones responded. This also goes as per the guidelines ( Rule 8 ). One individual had posted similar posts in many forums couple of days back. In future, it would be better to report as you did this time instead of starting another thread.

Jazak Allah Khair, Sister, for alerting.

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:57pm

Bismillah,

Wa yak.

But I don't like this policy.  It's quite disconcerting.

-------------

Posted By: Alibaba
Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:13pm
Well, considering how Muslims chop off the heads of Muslims who want to convert to Christianity, I'd suppose that anything you say about democratic ideals is rather tainted.  Taa Taa!

Date Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

Well, considering how Muslims chop off the heads of Muslims who want to convert to Christianity, I'd suppose that anything you say about democratic ideals is rather tainted.  Taa Taa!

Bismillah,

I know a lot of Muslims, and I don't know anyone who has ever had his head chopped off or chopped anyone else's head off.  Democracy leading to idealistic lifestyles is overated as is your opinion of your opinion.

-------------

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 19 May 2006 at 1:58am
Herjad, why not just start a new thread when a particular discussion  degenerates?  It might be wise to wait a while or change context but there are few forbidden topics here. 

Closing a thread is simply the moderator's way of asking us to please quietly reflect on the topic in private before bringing it up again in public.  It is not censorship; it just a way of maintaining decorum in the household.

And Alibaba...if someone chopped off your head, would we be able to see any difference at all in your postings?   I think the real Alibaba would use his password "OPEN SESAME" to enter IslamiCity, borrow a jewel or two from the cave of riches, and then "CLOSE SESAME" and bring the jewel back to his family's treasury.  I think you are overlooking the gems and filling your pockets with turnips.

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Date Posted: 21 May 2006 at 9:26am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Herjad, why not just start a new thread when a particular discussion  degenerates?  It might be wise to wait a while or change context but there are few forbidden topics here. 

Closing a thread is simply the moderator's way of asking us to please quietly reflect on the topic in private before bringing it up again in public.  It is not censorship; it just a way of maintaining decorum in the household.

And Alibaba...if someone chopped off your head, would we be able to see any difference at all in your postings?   I think the real Alibaba would use his password "OPEN SESAME" to enter IslamiCity, borrow a jewel or two from the cave of riches, and then "CLOSE SESAME" and bring the jewel back to his family's treasury.  I think you are overlooking the gems and filling your pockets with turnips.

Dear David,

The point is that I had started another thread and they closed that thread.  I hesitated to start yet another feeling that too might be discarded.  I have started many threads that have been discarded, so I guess topics that I consider important really aren't allowed according to IC's rules. 

I do appreciate a forum rather than a room full of people because it allows me to reflect on things before I post them.  It amazes me when people don't seem to take advantage of this distance to take a deep breath and reflect!

Peace

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net