Print Page | Close Window

time of Prophet's AHadith narration? (Ibn Sayyad)

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Quran & Sunnah
Forum Description: Understanding Quranic ayat and Sunnah
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42058
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 8:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: time of Prophet's AHadith narration? (Ibn Sayyad)
Posted By: DAJJAL-KILLER
Subject: time of Prophet's AHadith narration? (Ibn Sayyad)
Date Posted: 16 January 2018 at 8:54am
اسلام عليكم brothers and sisters I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the AHadith of Muhammad (pbuh), like there are Ashab e nuzool for Quran and we can find out when they were revealed, can we find out when a AHadith was narrated by prophet?
Can someone help me find out at which time(estimate hijri) did the Prophet(pbuh) first met IBN SAYYAD, the person he suspected to be Dajjal.
I want to know for research and study purposes
JazakAllah.

Replies:
Posted By: asep garut
Date Posted: 19 January 2018 at 8:12pm

Wa�alaikumussalam Dajjal Killer,

Not all hadiths can be known when they are, and not all hadiths come from the Prophet Muhammad, as we know that hadith means "speech". Therefore, the hadith is divided into 3 parts, namely:

1. Hadith Marfu': The direct hadith of the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.

2. Hadith Mauquf: a hadith that came from the Companions of the Prophet  Muhammad

3. Hadith Maqtu: a hadith that came from Tabi'in or generation after the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad

In the historical record, the hijri calendar was set in the year 17 Hijriyah (638 AD) ie at the time of Caliph Umar bin Khattab. Named the year of Hijriyah because it was taken from the Hijra of Prophet Muhammad from Mecca to Yathrib (now Medina) which at that time coincided with the month of September in 622 AD. Then the decree of 1 Muharram year 1 Hijriyah set to coincide with 16 July 622 AD.

As far as I know that dajjal will appear after Al Mahdi, and you say that the Prophet Muhammad first met with IBN SAYYAD is the person who allegedly is dajjal, can you tell the source of the hadith?

Wassalam,

Asep Garut

Date Posted: 20 January 2018 at 3:46am
JazakAllah for taking interest in this matter
The Hadith is as follows

Abdullah b. Umar reported:

Umar b. Khattab went along with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) in the company of some persons to Ibn Sayyad that he found him playing with children near the battlement of Bani Maghala and Ibn Sayyad was at that time just at the threshold of adolescence and he did not perceive (the presence of Holy Prophet) until Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) struck his back with his hands. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: Ibn Sayyad, don't you bear witness that I am the messenger of Allah? Ibn Sayyad looked toward him and he said: I bear witness to the fact that you the messenger of the unlettered. Ibn Sayyad said to the Allah's Messenger (ﷺ): Do you bear witness to the fact that I am the messenger of Allah? Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) rejected this and said: I affirm my faith in Allah and in His messengers. Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him: What do you see? Ibn Sayyad said: It is a Dukh. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: May you be disgraced and dishonoured, you would not not be able to go beyond your rank. 'Umar b. Khattab said: Allah's Messenger, permit me that I should strike his neck. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: If he is the same (Dajjal) who would appear near the Last Hour, you would not be able to overpower him, and if he is not that there is no good for you to kill him. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar further narrated that after some time Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and Ubayy b. Ka'b went towards the palm trees where Ibn Sayyad was. When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) went near the tree he hid himself behind a tree with the intention of hearing something from Ibn sayyad before Ibn Sayyad could see him, but Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saw him on a bed with a blanket around him from which a murmuring sound was being heard and Ibn Sayyad's mother saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) behind the trunk of the palm tree. She said to Ibn Sayyad: Saf (that being his name), here is Muhammad. Thereupon Ibn Sayyad jumped up murmuring and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: If she had left him alone he would have made things clear. Abdullah b. Umar told that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) stood up amongst the people and lauded Allah as He deserved, then he made a mention of the Dajjal and said: I warn you of him and there is no Prophet who has not warned his people against the Dajjal. Even Noah warned (against him) but I am going to tell you a thing which no Prophet told his people. You must know that he (the Dajjal) is one-eyed and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, is not one-eyed. Ibn Shihab said: 'Umar b. Thabit al-Ansari informed me that some of the Companions of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) informed him that the day when Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) warned people against the Dajjal, he also said: There would be written between his two eyes (the word) Kafir (infidel) and everyone who would resent his deeds would be able to read or every Muslim would be about to read, and he also said: Bear this thing in mind that none amongst you would be able to see Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, until he dies.

Sahih Muslim 2930 a, 2931, 169 d
In-book : Book 54, Hadith 120
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 41, Hadith 7000

There are many Sahih Hadith in which Prophet pbuh suspected a Jewish boy Ibn Sayyad to be Dajjal.now why is there a such a mystery surrounding it? When it should be that Dajjal would be released in the end time why is it that Prophet pbuh suspected Dajjal to be present during his time?? It would suggest that the last age has been started during the lifespan of Muhammad pbuh and that Dajjal was also released during this time. Thus the Prophet had also once said that one sign of the times is his passing away from this world.
This is a part of Islamic Eschatology and is most important Roche studied today, and so I was curious about the time of this strange event.
Allah knows best!
insha'Allah I will post a new thread when I have finished searching for answers

Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 8:18am
Assalamu'alaikum DAJJAL KILLER,

In another hadith also states the following:

According to the hadith narrated by Imam Muslim, Fatimah binti Qais says, "I have heard the muezzin of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) calling for prayer, and I went to the mosque and prayed with the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad), the Prophet went up to the pulpit. and said: "No one moves".

Then said: "Do you know why I command you not to come home?"

We replied: "Allah and His Messenger know better."

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said again: "By Allah I tell you to gather here not to want to scare and not good tidings I want to tell you that Tamim Al-Dariy is a Christian, then he came to meet me and converted to Islam. one story about Dajjal ".
"The story he told me is exactly what I told you before, he said he and his 30 friends went overboard with the wind coming and the big waves brought them into the midst of the vast ocean."
"They can not drive their ships to shore so they have to be over the sea for a month, and finally they are stranded on an island before sunset."
"On the uninhabited island they encounter animals that are so thick that they do not see where their genitals and rectum are."
They asked the beast: "What creature are you?" The beast replied: "I am Al-Jassasah."
They asked: "What is Al-Jassasah?"
The animal just replied: "O men group, go to that place to find this kind of man, in fact he wants to meet you".
They went to the place the animal showed. There they found a very big and well built man. Meaning they never saw a man of that size. From his hand to the nape of his neck is strengthened with iron, as well as from his knees to the soles of his feet.
They ask: "Who are you?"
The gigantic man replied: "You have heard the story of me and now I want to ask who you are?"
They said: "We are Arabs, we went to sea by boat, suddenly a big wave took us into the middle of the ocean and we were in the ocean for a month and finally we were stranded on your island".
"At first we met with a very thick animal so we could not recognize the sex ... We asked who he said Al-Jassasah We asked him what he meant he just replied:" O male group, go to this place to find this kind of man, in fact he wants to meet you. "
"That's why we came to this place, now we've met you and we want to know who you really are."
The enormous creature that has not answered their question continues to ask the question:
"Tell me the circumstances of the date palms in Bisan (the name of the place in the land of Sham)."
They replied: "What's the condition you mean?" The great man replied: "I mean is whether the date palm fruitful?"
After they replied that the date palm was bearing fruit, the great man said: "I am afraid the tree will not bear fruit."
The great man asked again: "Tell me about the river of Tabarah (Lake Tiberias)."
They said: "What do you mean by that?" The man replied: "I mean the water is still there."
They replied: "The water is not shrinking." The man said: "The water of the river is doubted to be dry."
Finally the gigantic man said: "Then tell me about the Prophet Al-Amin (Muhammad), what did he make?" They replied: "He has emigrated from Mecca to Medina."
The man asked again: "Is he being fought by Arabs?" They replied: "Yes, he is
fought by Arabs. "
The man asked again: "Then what is he doing to them?" They told me that the Messenger of Allah had developed his da'wah and had many followers. The great man said again: "It is so, and they are lucky if they obey him."

Then the man said: "Now I explain to you that I am Dajjal, and I will be given permission to go out, and I will explore this world, for forty nights I can live all, except Mecca and Medina which I cant enter it. The land of Mecca and Medina is controlled by angels, so I cant penetrate it. "
The Messenger of Allah stressed his staff on the pulpit and said: "This is the land that can not be entered, that is Medina, and have I told you this story?" They answered: "Yes, yes the Messenger of Allah."
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said again: "The hadeeth of Tamim is more convincing of me, the story is in accordance with what I have told you before, which is about Mecca and Medina which the Dajjal can not enter."
"It's just that he says in the sea of Sham or in the Yemeni sea, he's from the east, he's from the east," the Prophet said, pointing eastward.
Wallaahu 'alam.

Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 9:28am
واعلىكم اسلام

I couldn't understand whether you are agreeing with me or are still curious about the topic of Dajjal.
Have you watched the video series of "The Arrivals" on YouTube or FB? It's a great documentary that tells about "Illuminati" (secret societies) and the end of times. If not I would suggest that you watch it . insha'Allah you will benefit from it and become aware

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 10:27am
Thank you, Asep. I note Muhummad is relating a Christian's story. There are numerous parallels between the story in this hadith and the Book of Jonah. I will have to re-read Jonah (Yunus?) from this perspective.

Fortunately, Jonah is only two pages long [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Thank you, Asep. I note Muhummad is relating a Christian's story. There are numerous parallels between the story in this hadith and the Book of Jonah. I will have to re-read Jonah (Yunus?) from this perspective.

Fortunately, Jonah is only two pages long [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

You're welcome DavidC

Date Posted: 24 January 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by DAJJAL-KILLER DAJJAL-KILLER wrote:

واعلىكم اسلام

I couldn't understand whether you are agreeing with me or are still curious about the topic of Dajjal.
Have you watched the video series of "The Arrivals" on YouTube or FB? It's a great documentary that tells about "Illuminati" (secret societies) and the end of times. If not I would suggest that you watch it . insha'Allah you will benefit from it and become aware

Dajjal Killer,

I have not watched the movie yet, but my son told me about it.

I have known about the characteristics of the end times from the hadiths sahih Prophet Muhammad, even the sequence of its events Alhamdulillah I already know it. Do you know where dajjal will appear according to the hadith? and who will kill dajjal? and where is dajjal killed?

Date Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:24am

I will explain the topic of Dajjal with the AHadith since they are easier to understand ( Dajjal is also in the Quran but more difficult to find).
(I'll try to keep it short and comprehensive)
1) the word Dajjal means a phenomenon when appearance and reality are opposite of each other. It was used when Arabs would change the appearance of sickly camels to make them appear healthy.
2) Dajjal is also called Masih Ad-Dajjal by the Prophet ( The False Messiah). Thus the objective of Dajjal is to impersonate the true Messiah(Jesus son of Mary).
3) The origin of Dajjal is linked to the story of Hz Isa who was sent to the Jews and was the true Messiah, The Torah had prophecised that The Messiah would come and bring back the Golden age to the righteous people of Allah. But When God did send the Messiah(Hz Isa) , the Jews were blinded and rejected him. They even tried to crucify him. Thus when they transgressed and rejected the true Messiah, they are still waiting for the Messiah to come. Therefore Allah would send to them Dajjal(the false Messiah) who would now deceive them.
Now to understand Dajjal!
Nawwas bin Sam'an Al-Kilabi said:
"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) mentioned Dajjal, .......
We said: 'O Messenger of Allah, how long will he stay on earth?' He said: 'Forty days, one day like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week, and the rest of his days like your days.......
Sunan Ibn Majah 4075
In-book : Book 36, Hadith 150
English translation : Vol. 5, Book 36, Hadith 4075

This Hadith tells us about his time on Earth. Note that number 40 holds great symbolic important. Also the stages of Dajjal are difficult to understand. Why is that one day is like a year?, One like a month? One like a week? And the rest like our days?

Understand that Allah has created '7 heavens' meaning different dimensions of existence (parallel universes) and each universe has different sets of time (recall the Prophet pbuh travelled the heavens in Mairaj in a blink of an eye). Also if you know science, Einstein proposed the theory of relativity in which Space and Time are not different but linked ( the Space-time continuum ) . Thus different dimensions of Space will have different sets of time!! Explaining the mysterious spans of time for stages of Dajjal.
Now What does that mean??
When Dajjal is released into the World, he will not be in our space-time. Do you know any such creations that are in this World but not in our Universe of space-time? Angels and Jinns!!
Thus Dajjal will only be visible to us when he is in our space and time,
"rest of the days like your days" but this will be the last part of his journey. Therefore Dajjal may be carrying out his plans through inspiration and influence (like Satan) without us knowing!!

Can we know where Dajjal will be released into this World and from where will he start his influence and fitnah??
Let's go back to the Hadith of Tamim Ad dari ( Island of Dajjal).
We know from the Hadith that Dajjal was chained on that Island.Therefore it is logical to presume that when he is unchained he will start the journey from their. Let's identify the island(read the Hadith again).

1) It is an island that is 30 days of travel from Arabia
2) It is an island (surrounded by water)
3) It has ruined monasteries ( monastic way of life is destroyed)
4) It has Al Jassasa(Arabic for spy)

By studying the Hadith we identify that the island is indeed the Island of Britian!
Britain is an island, surrounded by water. It had the establishment of Church and monastery destroyed. It is adept in spying and espionage (James bond type stuff).
Britian was the small Island where sparked the Industrial Revolution which resulted in the technology and weaponry that Britain used to become the ruling State of the World. Britian colonised many areas of the World and many objectives of Dajjal were being fulfilled. It could not have happened by accident bit it was the work of Dajjal.
Since Britain is no longer the World Power, it is our understanding that one day like a year of Dajjal has already passed. USA became the next Ruling State of the World and this began Dajjals day like a month(USA has also acted in the same way fulfilling objectives of Dajjal. But we know that USA is declining and thus Dajjals day like a week is about to begin.
If you remember the start of this thread with the AHadith of Ibn Sayyad, we suspect that Dajjal was released in the lifetime of the Prophet.
As regards your other question. When all the events unfold, eventually the true Messiah Jesus son of Mary will return and kill the False Messiah(Dajjal).

Date Posted: 26 January 2018 at 1:28am
To have a better understanding please read the book 'Jerusalem in Quran'
insha'Allah you'll be rightly guided.
Also search about blessed Scholar 'sheikh Imran Hosein' (you can find his lectures and khutbas on YouTube)
Link of free ebook:
http://www.imranhosein.org/media/books/j_in_q.pdf - Jerusalem in Quran

Date Posted: 27 January 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by DAJJAL-KILLER DAJJAL-KILLER wrote:

To have a better understanding please read the book 'Jerusalem in Quran'
insha'Allah you'll be rightly guided.
Also search about blessed Scholar 'sheikh Imran Hosein' (you can find his lectures and khutbas on YouTube)
Link of free ebook:
http://www.imranhosein.org/media/books/j_in_q.pdf - Jerusalem in Quran

DAJJAL KILLER,

I agree with you that dajjal has indeed been released since the time of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam, but in my opinion, he will appear after Al Mahdi.

I also have some hadiths that I know about dajjal.

There are a lot of hadiths that explain about dajjal even among Muslim scientists are also many different opinions, but from so many opinions there is probably one that will be in accordance with the Qur'an and Sahih Hadiths. All Muslims agree that the ultimate truth comes only from Allah Subhanahu wata'ala, and the errors come from His creatures.

Dajjal is Allah's creature who will appear when the doomsday is near, he has evil traits, a big bearer of slander on the face of the earth, he will not allow any Muslims to live in this world, and he will influence mankind to become perverted further than now.

From Abdullah Ibn 'Umar that the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam said:

"While I was sleeping, I dreamed of doing tawaf at the Ka'bah, then there was a hairy man dripping water from his head, then I asked them who is he ?, they replied," Ibn Maryam Alaihissalam ", then I turned and I saw a fat man, red-skinned, curly-haired, blind-eye, and his eyes were like ripe grapes (not shining). They say "he's Dajjal", he is the person most like Ibn Qathn, a man from Khuza'ah. "(Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim).

From Anas, he said, Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam said:

"Dajjal has one of his eyes erased (blind), written between his eyes "kafir", then he spelled it, "kafir" which can be read by every Muslim that between his eyes there is a word "kafir" (Narrated by Muslim)

It�s true that the mention of the name "dajjal" in the Qur'an will be difficult to find even will never be found except they have been given the knowledgement by Allah Subhanahu wata'ala to be able to uncover the verses mutasyabihat in the Qur'an, and the basis for the search for the name of dajjal in the Qur'an is:

Sura Ar-Rum (30): 15

�And indeed We have set forth for mankind, in this Qur�an every kind of parable.�

In another verse, sura Ali 'Imran (3): 7

"He is Allah who sent down the Qur'an unto you (Muhammad). Among them there are verses that are muhkamat, that is the points of the book of the Qur'an, and mutasyabihat (verses in the implicit sense). "

One example of dajjal in the Qur'an is in sura Al An'am (6): 158

In the verse there is the word الآيات, the word contains the meaning of "dajjal", and there is another verse.

Narrated by Muslim from Fatima that Rasulullah Sallallahu �alaihi wasallam said while stomping his staff on the pulpit: �This is the Thaibah, this is the Thaibah, this is the Thaibah (meaning the city of Medina). Did not I already tell you about it? 'The people (the Companions) replied, "Right." He said,' I am interested in what Tamim ad Dari said, because he corresponds to what I have told you about Medina and Mecca. Is not the place of dajjal lies in the sea of Sham or the sea of Yemen? Where Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam signaled his hands towards the east. He (Fatima) said, "This I memorized from the Messenger of Allah."

Alhamdulillah, with the help and permission of Allah Subhanahu wata'ala, I get something like an intuition when finished performing shalah tahajjud, so that what you mention about Britain, America or whatever the country is, I disagree with you, and my opinion that dajjal still exist in an island surrounded by the sea which such the land has not yet existed any human being or its inhabitants, and he (dajjal) will appear after Al Mahdi comes.

Insha Allah, if necessary, I also have signs of the sequence of events until the end of the world, but certainly, no one in this world who knows exactly when the doomsday happened except Allah Subhanahu wata'ala, He is All-Knowing Everything.

وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

Date Posted: 28 January 2018 at 7:52am
Masha Allah brother it's good that you are also studying this subject, you may not agree completely with what I understand but it is the path of seeking the truth that will guide us to the right way. I would still recommend you to read the book that I shared the link of and insha'Allah when you have done so to comment your thoughts on the book.

I also completely agree that Dajjal is in the Quran but not in the Muhkamat verses but Mutashabihat verses so that only those whom Allah has blessed may be able to recognise. The book identifies Dajjal in the Quran and also about Gog Magog in the modern world.
اسلام عليكم

Date Posted: 31 January 2018 at 7:08pm
well, thank you my brother.
وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net