Print Page | Close Window

Research on disinformation re: Qur�an

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3641
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 10:57pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Research on disinformation re: Qur�an
Posted By: americanliar
Subject: Research on disinformation re: Qur�an
Date Posted: 09 February 2006 at 11:47pm
I've been prompted to do some research on disinformation about the Qur'an and the Prophet Muhammad. I haven't studied the Qur'an, so I'm at a disadvantage, and I hope some of you can help me in sorting out fact from fiction.

As little as I know, I have a distinct feeling that there is a lot of disinformation and misinformation in the Western world, particularly in the U.S. Tonight I was watching the http://www.charlierose.com/ - Charlie Rose show, featuring a discussion about the latest outbreak of outrage over the disrespectful Danish cartoons. Nihad Awad (Executive Director, Council on American-Islamic Relations) in particular caught my attention, in talking about the inaccurate, monolithic view on the part of Americans of the worldwide Muslim community and a lack of understanding and perspective on how most Muslims feel (not just about the cartoons, but also re: the policies of the West and the cultural clash -- which I believe is being fanned by our "leaders" -- that has accelerated in recent years).

In the same way that so many Americans misperceive what Muslims feel, I think it's also true that many Muslims probably don't understand that there are a lot of American citizens who disagree vehemently with our government's policies and its agenda (not just today, but historically), and that there are many of us who really believe that this clash would be completely unnecessary, particularly if the West were to have a fair, enlightened and morally responsible Middle East policy. Indeed, if we had a fair, enlightened and morally responsible worldwide foreign policy.

So, in the interest of helping to shed some light rather than heat, I'd like to post a few samples of what is PURPORTED to be quotations from the Qur'an. I'm not going to reveal the source at this point; I want to get an honest evaluation of these "quotations" from those of you Muslims (particularly learned Muslims) in this community.

So here goes:
(and no offense meant by posting this here... if, as I suspect, these "quotations" are indeed fabrications or distortions of The Prophet's words)

Qur�an 9:112 �The Believers fight in Allah�s Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed.�

Qur�an 9:5 �Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.�

Qur�an 8:39 �So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world).�

Qur�an 8:65 �O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding.�

Qur�an 8:7 �Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: �Wipe the infidels out to the last.��

Qur�an 8:12 �Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: �I am with you. Give firmness to the Believers. I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.�

I've searched for parts of this text in a couple of online searchable Qur'ans, but none of these "quotations" or even portions of them comes up in the search results.

I appreciate your comments...

steve

-------------
Steve

American Liar
"lies, liars and the fools who love them"

http://americanliar.com

Replies:
Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 8:02am

9:112 [It is a triumph of] those who turn [unto God] in repentance [whenever they have sinned], and who worship and praise [Him], and go on and on [seeking His goodly acceptance], and bow down [before Him] and prostrate themselves in adoration, and enjoin the doing of what is right and forbid the doing of what is wrong, and keep to the bounds set by God. And give thou [O Prophet] the glad tiding [of God's promise] to all believers.

9:5 And so, when the sacred months are over  , slay those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God wherever you may come upon them,  and take them captive, and besiege them, and lie in wait for them at every conceivable place! Yet if they repent, and take to prayer, and render the purifying dues, let them go their way: for, behold, God is much forgiving, a dispenser of grace.

8:39 And fight against them until there is no more oppression and all worship is devoted to God alone.  And if they desist-behold, God sees all that they do;

8:65 O Prophet! Inspire the believers to conquer all fear of death when fighting, [so that,] if there be twenty of you who are patient in adversity, they might overcome two hundred; and [that,] if there be one hundred of you, they might overcome one thousand of those who are bent on denying the truth, because they are people who cannot grasp it.

8:7 And, lo, God gave you the promise that one of the two [enemy] hosts would fall to you: and you would have liked to seize the less powerful one, whereas it was God's will to prove the truth to be true in accordance with His words, and to wipe out the last remnant of those who denied the truth

8:12 Lo! Thy Sustainer inspired the angels [to convey this His message to the believers]: "I am with you !" [And He commanded the angels:] "And, give firmness unto those who have attained to faith [with these words from Me]: `I shall cast terror into the hearts of those who are bent on denying the truth; strike, then, their necks, [O believers,] and strike off every one of their finger-tips!"

I found these using the Islamicity Quran Search.  But, you must understand that Sura 8, the Spoils of War or the Al-Anfal is also a narration of events that took place in the Prophets lifetime.  I am a Christian, and I have found the western media likes to take Ayats (verses) out of context of their greater Surah (chapter).  My suggestion Steve is to get yourself a Pickthall's Koran or another english translation and read it for yourself.  There are plenty of websites that offer this as well.  The one below has multiple translations of the same verse, that way you can see the differences depending on the linguist translating it.  It helped me out.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ - http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 8:37am
Angela,

Thank you for your response on this. Just as I suspected, the supposed "quotes" are outright distortions and fabrications that, I believe, are deliberately intended to misrepresent the true words of The Prophet.

Regarding historical accounts of supposed divine sanction for slaughter and decimation of religious and cultural "enemies," we should always remember that the Bible's Old Testament is rife with accounts of believers being told to smite their enemies and kill them all, down to the last woman and child. There are many accounts of atrocities in the Bible (just about entirely Old Testament, I believe) that many in the Judeo-Christian tradition seem to have taken as divine sanction for acting out their own darkest impulses. Witness the Crusades (now reincarnated by the impious King George), the Inquisition, and the genocide against the Native Americans by European invaders, to name but a few.

I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian gulag (that's how it felt to me), and I vividly remember adults in authority quoting the Old Testament scripture dictating that disobedient sons be taken outside the gates of the city and stoned to death by the community. This was preached with all deadly seriousness. (The New Testament certainly seems to have taken a shift in philosophy; I can't remember any sanction for such "divinely sanctioned" violence, at least on the part of us mortals.)

Admittedly, my knowledge of Islam is as limited as most Westerners, but I think we in the West have nothing to say in terms of self-righteous accusations and misrespresentations of another religion's belief system.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=49&chapter=6&verse=42&version=9&context=verse - Luke 6:42

"Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam  that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye."

Thanks again, Angela, for your comments and for the Qur'an research reference. I'm looking forward to others' comments.

Steve

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 8:46am
PS: Note that for those of you who don't see it at first, Angela has provided a verse by verse comparison of the adulterated "quotations" with the actual scriptures.

Very instructive.

steve

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 9:18am

Your welcome Steve.  I was not raised in a traditional setting.  My mother's family is Russian Orthodox Catholic, my father's family is Methodist.  I was raised with varying view [oints to start with and it eventually led to me finding my own path. 

In the Quran, Old Testament and New Testament, one must always look at the Greater context of the verses we are quoting. 

Al-Anfal was revealed at Medina.  And the Muslims here can correct me on this, but it was probably revealed while he was fighting the pagans in Mecca who were trying to destroy him and his followers.  These passages were meant to comfort and encourage the members of the revealed truth so they would know Allah would not abandon them in their trials.  It was not giving them a license to kill indiscriminantly. 

There is a verse and I'm not sure which one it is that says to kill a human is to have killed all of humanity.  Hopefully one of the faithful Muslims here can post the actual ayat.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 11:49am

Bismillah, (In the name of Allah, God)

Yo, Angela!  You are really special!  Thanks for this great answer.  I mean if someone else posted this, that would be nice, but you as a non-Muslim posting this is truly an act that Allah, The Most Loving and Forgiving, will bless.

(I don't know if that's Quran or Hadith about humanity...)

But even back during these times of war, the rules of war didn't compare to those of the Bible or today's modern Geneva convention.  The Islaamic rules of war then and now are much more concerned with the protection of innocent lives, and certainly doesn't blame sin done by one on their next generation down to have them punished for things grandpa did.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: Khadija1021
Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 12:12pm

Salam Steve and Welcome to IC,

The Qur�an ayat which Angela mentioned is as follows:

5:32 Because of this did We ordain unto the children of Israel that if anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind. And, indeed, there came unto them.  Our apostles with all evidence of the truth: yet, behold, notwithstanding all this, many of them go on committing all manner of excesses on earth.

There are three other ayats which state that it is wrong to kill any human being without just cause.  They are:

6:151 Say: "Come, let me convey unto you what God has [really] forbidden to you: "Do not ascribe divinity, in any way, to aught beside Him; and [do not offend against but, rather,] do good unto your parents; and do not kill your children for fear of poverty - [for] it is We who shall provide sustenance for you as well as for them; and do not commit any shameful deeds, be they open or secret; and do not take any human being�s life-[the life] which God has declared to be sacred -otherwise than in [the pursuit of] justice: this has He enjoined upon you so that you might use your reason;

17:33 And do not take any human being�s life -[the life] which God has willed to be, sacred-otherwise than in [the pursuit of] justice. Hence, if anyone has been slain wrongfully, We have empowered the defender of his rights [to exact a just retribution]; but even so, let him not exceed the bounds of equity in [retributive] killing. [And as for him who has been slain wrongfully -] behold, he is indeed succored [by God]!

25:68 and who never invoke any [imaginary] deity side by side with God, and do not take any human being�s life - [the life] which God has willed to be sacred - otherwise than in [the pursuit of] justice, and do not commit adultery. And [know that] he who commits aught thereof shall [not only] meet with a full requital

No Muslim can give just cause as whatever he/she thinks is just cause.  It has to be the just cause set for by Allah.  Furthermore, Allah clearly states in the following ayat that no human being should be held accountable for another human being�s wrong action, nor should any human being be made to bear the burden for another human being.  This means that it is wrong for anyone to kill an innocent person for what some other person has done.

6:164 Say: "Am I, then, to seek a sustainer other than God, when He is the Sustainer of all things?" And whatever [wrong] any human being commits rests upon himself alone; and no bearer of burdens shall be made to bear another's burden. And, in time, unto your Sustainer you all must return: and then He will make you [truly] understand all that on which you were wont to differ.

I hope this information is helpful.  By the way, I�m an American Muslim.  What I mean is that I was born and raise in the US�of Scottish and Native American descent...I was not raise Muslim�but I reverted to Islam in 2005.  ALHAMDULILLAH! (THANKS BE TO GOD)  If someone would have told me a year ago I would become Muslim, I would have called them a liar.  Little did I know what Allah had in store for me.  ALLAHU AKBAR!  (GOD IS GREAT)

Just in case you have not seen the video about Texans turning Muslim, I am including the link ( http://xrl.us/jug3 - ) .  Watch it; it will really give you a good look at why some Americans are choosing to follow Allah through Islam.  By the way, I don�t live in Texas�well, not since 1990 anyway. 

I do hope you stick around IC and learn more about Islam.  That way, INSHALLAH (IF GOD IS WILLING) you can help educate Americans who have been fed lies about Islam with the truth.  That�s not an invitation or push to become Muslim�not to say it wouldn�t be a wonderful blessing if you did take Shahadah (Islamic creed)�but I don�t want you think I�m pushing Islam on you.  Islam is not a faith of compulsion.  I�m simply glad, ALHAMDULILLAH, when any non-Muslim wants to know the truth regarding Islam.  JAZAK ALLAH KHAIR (MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU) you for your desire to learn the truth about Islam.

Angela JAZAK ALLAH KHAIR for your love of showing the truth about Islam although you are a sister from another Holy Book.

PAZ

Sister Khadija

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 12:21pm

I knew you'd be the one to find them, Sister Khadija. 

Posted By: Shams Zaman
Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 12:27pm

Dear brother Steve!

I indeed am greatly obliged to you that you opted to come here to clarify and listen to the Muslim prospective rather than to form a pre-conceived idea from the western media as to what Islam stands for.

I would try to explain the verses mentioned by you but I would certainly not agree to this statement of yours: �I think it's also true that many Muslims probably don't understand that there are a lot of American citizens who disagree vehemently with our government's policies and its agenda�

Dear brother most of the Muslims know that what the common American stands for and whether they agree to their foreign policy or not. We not only know this but are also aware of the fact that common Americans are so helpless that they can�t even do anything about themselves what to talk of promoting the true image of Muslims.

The media and the corporate sector including the banks have such a firm control on the American policies and opinion making that everyone is helpless. This elite rule the America and the world unchallenged. (Sounding like conspiracy theory? To find out do read the following books: They Dare to Speak, Silent no more, Deliberate deceptions, written by Paul Findly an ex American congressman. Rouge State by William Blum, Plan of Attack by Bob Woodward, The Ghost Wars by Steve Coll, What Price Israel, The Zionist Connection, by Alfred Lilienthal an ex-American state department official). Some portions of these books are also available on internet.   

Now coming to your quotes:

These quotes are indeed from Quran. But let me ask you a question, suppose you are marching in a battle field and suddenly some enemy soldiers ambush you, mean while you start shouting for your fellow soldiers, �hey, there in the bushes kill them fire on them�.� And I record your voice to tell others, you see Steve was killing the people on streets, he has joined a killer gang see for yourself here is his recorded voice, and I play the tape recorded.

Would you consider it as just??

Same is the case here. The Chapter which mostly you quote (Sura-9) was revealed when there was a peace treaty between the Muslims of Medina and the pagans of Mecca. The truce was unilaterally broken by the pagans and they attacked the tribe which had allied with the Muslims so these verses were revealed. (Although this will also apply to those who will break the treaty in present times and in future but not to all without distinction):

1. (This is a declaration of) immunity by Allah and His Apostle towards those of the idolaters with whom you made an agreement.

2. So go about in the land for four months and know that you cannot weaken Allah and that Allah will bring disgrace to the unbelievers.

3. And an announcement from Allah and His Apostle to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah and His Apostle are free from liability to the idolaters; therefore if you repent, it will be better for you, and if you turn back, then know that you will not weaken Allah; and announce painful punishment to those who disbelieve.

4. Except those of the idolaters with whom you made an agreement, then they have not failed you in anything and have not backed up any one against you, so fulfill their agreement to the end of their term; surely Allah loves those who are cautious (of their duty).

5. So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

(Sorry the translation which you have given is incomplete and convey altogether different meanings which says:  Qur�an 9:5 �Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.� May I ask whose translation is this?)

6. And if one of the idolaters seek protection from you, grant him protection till he hears the word of Allah, then escort him to a place of safety; this is because they are a people who do not know. (I would ask who will give such an amnesty to an enemy that escort him to a safe place?)

Are you sure that you have quoted the right verse?? Because verse 112 of Ch-9 says: �They who turn (to Allah), who serve (Him), who praise (Him), who fast, who bow down, who prostrate themselves, who enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil, and who keep the limits of Allah; and give good news to the believers� and Ch-112 has just 4 verses. Qur�an 9:112 �The Believers fight in Allah�s Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed.This is not from where you have quoted.

This verse is also quoted out of context: Qur�an 8:39 �So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world).� See these in context Chapter 8:

34. And why it be so that Allah should not chastise them while they hinder (people) from going to the Sacred Mosque (Kabba) and they (themselves) do not deserve to be guardians of it; its guardians are only those who guard (against evil), but most of them do not know.

35. And their (non-believers) prayer before the House is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands; taste then the chastisement, for your disbelief.

36. Surely those who disbelieve spend their wealth to hinder (people) from the way of Allah; so they shall spend it, then it shall be to them an intense regret, then they shall be overcome; and those who disbelieve shall be driven together to hell.

37. So that Allah might separate the impure from the pure, and congregate the impure (people) with the others (impure), and pile them up together, then cast them into hell; these are the people who are absolute losers.

38. Say to those who disbelieve, if they desist, their past (bad) deeds will be forgiven; but if they don�t return, then what had happened to the ancients has been already been set (as an example for them).

39. And fight with them until there is no more (fitna) persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do�.

The word FITNA is used for a chaotic rule or system or a state of lawlessness or a tyrannical system or suppression or persecution or even for a system where all this exist.

The next set of verses (Qur�an 8:65 �O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding) was revealed before the Battle of BADR the first major combat between the pagans of Arabia and Muslims. The Muslims statistics were as follow:

ITEMS               MUSLIMS                                    PAGANS
Men                    313                                     1000

Horses                2                                        200

Camels                70                                   700

The 313 were left when a hypocrite Abdullah bin Obe left by saying that I know there will be no war and he departed along with his 300 companions. So the demoralization factor was obvious. Allah therefore boasted their morale by these verses and verse 65 was particularly for the mental state of Muslims at that time who suggested that we should now retreat as there is no comparison of forces:

60. And prepare against them what force you can and horses tied at the frontier, to frighten thereby the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them, whom you do not know (but) Allah knows them; and whatever thing you will spend in Allah's way, it will be paid back to you fully and you shall not be dealt with unjustly.

61. And if they incline to peace, then incline to it and trust in Allah; surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

62. And if they intend to deceive you-- then surely Allah is sufficient for you; He it is Who strengthened you with His help and with the other believers.

63. And incited unity among their hearts; had you spent all that is in the earth, you could not have united their hearts, but Allah united them; surely He is Mighty, Wise.

64. O Prophet! Allah is sufficient for you and (for) such believers who follow you.

65. O Prophet! urge the believers to fight; if there are twenty patient believers among you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand.

After the war, once Muslims won even though the figure was troubling 20:200 and 100:1000 so they said to Prophet that although we won but the ratio should be increased to reduce the burden and raise the morale in battle field. So Allah reduced the burden:

66. For the present Allah has made light your burden, and He knows that there is weakness in you; so if there are a hundred patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a thousand they shall overcome two thousand by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient.

This is the incomplete verse, Qur�an 8:7 �Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: �Wipe the infidels out to the last.�� In this verse Allah is reminding the believers that before the Battle of Badr they were disputing that whether to attack the caravan of the Mecca�s pagans to give a logistical blow or to straight away interdict their marching column of 1000. Some Muslims were inclined for the caravan.

On the other hand the leader of the pagans Abu-Jahal had announced in whole of Arabia that this day would be the day of decision (Yom ul Furqan) that who is on truth. So Allah will was to show it to everyone that who is on falsehood and He had indicated to fight the marching column. The verses 1-19 were revealed at that time:

5. Even as your Lord caused you to go forth from your house with the truth, though a party of the believers were surely averse;

6. They disputed with you about the truth after it had become clear, (and they went forth) as if they were being driven to death while they saw them (pagans).

7. And when Allah promised you one of the two parties that it shall be yours and you loved that the one which was not armed should he yours and Allah desired to manifest the truth of what was true by His words and to cut off the root of the unbelievers.

8. That He may manifest the truth of what was true and show the falsehood of what was false, though the guilty unbelievers disliked it.

9. When you sought aid from your Lord, so He answered you: I will assist you with a thousand of the angels following one another.

10. And Allah only gave it as a good news and that your hearts might be at ease thereby; and victory is only from Allah; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

11. When He caused calm to fall on you as a security from Him and sent down upon you water from the cloud that He might thereby purify you, and take away from you the uncleanness of the Shaitan, and that He might fortify your hearts and steady (your) footsteps thereby. (Muslims were on sandy ground while pagans were on firm soil. So once rain befell slush was on the pagan�s side and firmness on Muslim�s side).

I don�t know who told you this translation of the verse 8. This is mere propaganda:

Qur�an 8:12 �Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: �I am with you. Give firmness to the Believers. I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.�

Hope this clarifies some of your doubts???

Shams Zaman

Pakistan   [email protected]

-------------
[email protected]

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Shams Zaman Shams Zaman wrote:

Dear brother Steve!

I indeed am greatly obliged to you that you opted to come here to clarify and listen to the Muslim prospective rather than to form a pre-conceived idea from the western media as to what Islam stands for.

Shams,

Thank you for your scholarly and eloquent response. I certainly know better than to form a preconceived opinion based on propaganda from the western media. I am a longtime lay student  and critic of our corporate media system, and I have seen for many years the lies and disinformation spread by these media whores. (Yes, they are whores!) Lies not only about Islam and the culture of the Middle East, but lies about many other cultures, including Central America, with which I was intimately involved in the 1980's in opposing both Reagan and Bush I's fascist, illegal wars and atrocities in that region.

Quote I would try to explain the verses mentioned by you but I would certainly not agree to this statement of yours: �I think it's also true that many Muslims probably don't understand that there are a lot of American citizens who disagree vehemently with our government's policies and its agenda�

Yes, I admit that even though I am keenly aware of the media and cultural bias in our country, even I cannot claim to have an accurate picture of how Muslims in general feel toward the average American citizen. That is why, in part, I came here, to get a sense of how rational Muslims, people of conscience like you, feel about us who dwell here in the belly of the beast.

I think we do have to recognize, though, that there is some level of blind hostility and rage directed at Americans, and from my perspective the outrage is justified, even though it may be directed by some more radicalized Muslims in a blanket, indiscriminate way against American citizens. When I say that "many" Muslims feel this way, please realize that I do not mean that most Muslims feel this way. I must say that I am encouraged to hear that many Muslims worldwide realize that many of us Americans are outraged as well by our government's policies, and the sheer hypocrisy of our so-called "moral stance."

Humans everywhere, Muslims, Christians, atheists and agnostics, are I believe subject to the same human weaknesses that have plagued the human race throughout history. So regardless of our particular culture, religious beliefs, or lack thereof, we can all, if we are not rational and discriminating in our investigation of truth versus lies, find ourselves with "the shoe on the other foot." Thus, just as a minority of radicalized Muslims have lashed out in blind and indiscriminate rage (witness the abduction and threatened execution of American journalist Jill Carroll in Iraq... a woman who has bravely demonstrated compassion and understanding for the people of Iraq who are being victimized by our policies), so too have Americans lashed out by supporting blindly the unjust and immoral policies of our government.

Quote Dear brother most of the Muslims know that what the common American stands for and whether they agree to their foreign policy or not. We not only know this but are also aware of the fact that common Americans are so helpless that they can�t even do anything about themselves what to talk of promoting the true image of Muslims.

Well, I guess that makes me an uncommon American (of which I am very proud... that would make me not an "Ugly American"... a great classic book to read, by the way, for historical perspective on the dark underbelly of American influence in the world).

Not all of us are helpless, though. Against overwhelming odds, many of us are fighting to bring light and truth onto this horrible battlefield, a field of carnage and atrocities that is being perpetuated  by our "leaders" (misleaders).

This is why I have launched my new blog, http://americanliar.com - American Liar , in an attempt to hold up a mirror to the American people that will reflect back the awful truth of the corruption of our nation, and to reveal and amplify the few rays of hope that still shine in our land�rays of hope that emanate from millions of us who are struggling for truth, peace and justice.

Quote The media and the corporate sector including the banks have such a firm control on the American policies and opinion making that everyone is helpless. This elite rule the America and the world unchallenged. (Sounding like conspiracy theory? To find out do read the following books: ...

When lies are made to appear as truth, defenders of the liars call those of us who would proclaim the truth loudly in the public square "conspiracy theorists." Yes, I am all too aware, and very frightened, at the extent and accelerating growth of the vast conspiracy that is taking our nation down the road to fascist Empire. (And make no mistake, this has been building for a very long time; BushCo did not start this headlong march toward fascism... they have certainly taken it to the next ominous level, though.)

We in this country are living in an unreal waking nightmare (though the majority remain asleep and unaware), where down is up, wrong is "right" and slavery is "freedom." I am so sick and disgusted by it all that I am as full of rage as those on the other side of this conflict who have become radicalized as a result of our misleaders' injustice. But I temper my rage with reason and moral balance, because I know that the path to a sustainable future for all of us on this planet depends on keeping the flame of our common brotherhood and sisterhood alive.

Quote Now coming to your quotes:

These quotes are indeed from Quran. But let me ask you a question, suppose you are marching in a battle field and suddenly some enemy soldiers ambush you, mean while you start shouting for your fellow soldiers, �hey, there in the bushes kill them fire on them�.� And I record your voice to tell others, you see Steve was killing the people on streets, he has joined a killer gang see for yourself here is his recorded voice, and I play the tape recorded.

Would you consider it as just??

You are exactly right. No, I would not. And that is why I referenced similar historical references in the Bible's Old Testament, wherein the people are instructed as to how to deal with "enemies." These are indeed historical references that, as you and others here have said, need to be seen in proper context. Unfortunately, for most of us here in this nation that context is not provided by our social, religious, educational or media institutions. And thus most of us remain in blissful ignorance!

Quote May I ask whose translation is this?)

For now, I'm going to leave this as a mystery. Suffice it to say that this originates from a dishonest propagandist. Later on, I'll reveal my source, so stay tuned... ;-)

This verse is also quoted out of context: Qur�an 8:39 �So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world).� See these in context Chapter 8: ...

The word FITNA is used for a chaotic rule or system or a state of lawlessness or a tyrannical system or suppression or persecution or even for a system where all this exist.

A perfect description of the current state of our nation! Thank you!

Quote I don�t know who told you this translation of the verse 8. This is mere propaganda:

Yes, as Angela made clear, this is certainly some very dishonest propaganda�a gross distortion of the true words of The Prophet.

Quote Hope this clarifies some of your doubts???

Shams, my doubts were not really about the true words of Muhammad; they were about the lies that I somehow instinctively smelled as I read the so-called "quotations."

Again, thank you for your words of clarification, and for posting the true words of The Prophet so that I can help shed some light here in my own country. If you don't mind, I'd like to quote some portions of this discussion on my blog; I think it would be very instructive for my fellow citizens to read, to help cast the light of truth upon this cesspool of lies that we're drowning in here in America.

Assalamu Alaikum! (Peace be upon you!)

... and upon us all.

Steve

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Posted By: Servetus
Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 2:37pm

(Steve:) "I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian gulag ..."

And, I would guess by both your style and cadence, with the King James Version close to hand.  Welcome to the discussions.

Serv     

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 2:50pm
Yes, indeed. The King James version is still the preferred text of my parents who, unfortunately, have always had the wool pulled over their eyes by these wolves in sheep's clothing who profess to stand for "freedom," "democracy" and moral certitude.

Hmmm... isn't that in the Bible somewhere? "Wolves in sheep's clothing?" For some reason I keep hoping that they'll recognize these beasts for what they are, but I don't get any encouragement from them.

Sigh...

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest."

- Simon and Garfunkel

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 2:57pm
OK, I just had to look it up:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=7&verse=15&version=31&context=verse - Matthew 7:15

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Date Posted: 10 February 2006 at 11:53pm

Dear Steve!

Thankyou for a considerate reply. I just want to say what I think about some of your opinions:

I would not agree that you should call yourself as an American lair, you see it sounds somewhat disturbing. Why should be someone call himself as lair once he is not a one. Any how its all upto you but I felt it a little odd that's why I have mentioned it to you.

I would not agree that your society is an exact explaination of Fitna. I can say that if that be the case then probably some of our third world societies can be termed as FITNA. Because here power is everything with no justice at all. There are a lot of problem with the westren socities specially with regard to religion, God and parents but there are also some very good things which others need to learn. So I think its a kind of mixed society. However, personally I would never like to live in a westran society because I consider myself more prone to sin  in westren society than my own society.

There is a need that you try to make people understand that there is a sort of alliance between the radical Christians, Muslims and Jews. All want a conflict between their civilization and the other. Rather I would say it more clearly that the radicals Jews want a clash between Islam and the West and the other two have fallen victim to this ploy.

The media and the corporate is in the control of the Jews and they are pushing the USA in a ditch. What is the American intrest attached to Israel while Israel is the biggest aid reciving country while most of the oil comes from Gulf?? Why can't Us have a just policy towards Israel. A balanced policy?? Surely it has nothing to do with National Intrest but its those people who control the policy that they don't let USA to act justly.

Shams Zaman   

-------------
[email protected]

Date Posted: 11 February 2006 at 7:00am

Bismillah,

And none of this is Academic to me because I have Muslim kids in America who are effected every day by the coercion of a bullyish society on them.  The worst thing is for people to not even know that they are part of a system that is oppressing people and that they themselves commit acts every day that augment that oppresion.

Shams, I feel the opposite about living in America.  I am used to the pressures here.  When I went to Jordan, the pressures were unbearable, and I had to leave. 

For my kids and I are stuck in between, and our lives can never be normal in that we don't fit in anywhere, but ISA we will fit in heaven nicely.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 11 February 2006 at 10:23am
Shams,

The "American Liar" title is meant to be what we call "tongue in cheek." Not that I am the liar, but that those we talk about on the blog (Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, at least half of our Congress, the corporate media, all of the Neocons' followers, etc.) are the liars.

The idea was actually inspired by an investment newsletter and web site here in the U.S. called The Motley Fool. They always talk about being "foolish" in a way that is meant to be a pun.

So, I'm trying to insert humor into the discussion while at the same time make people think. So many here in America are confused or ignorant about who's telling the truth, and who's telling the lies. And I think the tag line hopefully makes it clear as to what American Liar is about: "lies, liars and the fools who love them"

Regarding "fitna": Based on your description, it sounds to me like the United States IS in a state of Fitna.

Chaotic:
Government pretends to be competent and in control, able to provide for the needs of the people, but we saw what happened with Hurricane Katrina... Medicare prescription drug benefits are in a state of chaos and disarray... Incompetence and corruption in just about every government program that BushCo has created... etc., etc.

A State of Lawlessness: Rampant corruption and graft in Congress... Bushco claims to follow our Constitution, but violates the supreme law of the land and is actively destroying the Constitution behind their backs, while the corporate media looks on and aids and abets them in their crime by not telling the truth about what's really happening... Illegal spying on domestic dissenters... Cindy Sheehan gets arrested in Congress ("The People's House") for using her First Amendment free speech rights... A grossly illegal war against Iraq propped up by LIES... torture, murder, war crimes against prisoners in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo (many of them innocent), violations of the Geneva Conventions, "renditions" in an attempt to supposedly keep our hands clean... it goes on and on!

Tyrrany: The very definition of the BushCo agenda... and I fear that we haven't seen the worst of it (unless we stop them). They even steal elections! (Yes, many don't yet see the truth. Go here to find out how they're doing it: http://www.blackboxvoting.org - Black Box Voting )

Suppression: Suppression of free speech (protesters at the 2004  Republican National Convention were rounded up and put behind barbed wire in a "Free Speech Zone" ... and I thought the entire nation was supposed to be a free speech zone!... Now, when the President's in town, free speech behind barbed wire, away from the media and the eyes of the public.) Suppression of dissent... Suppression of dissenting views even in our own Congress! Suppression of the truth, in our media, in Congress, in the courts, and in the minds of the American people.

Yes, this all exists here now. If that's the definition of Fitna, then I think we're living in a state of Fitna.

Yes, there are positive things about our country, but they are quickly being eroded and destroyed by our corrupt and evil leaders. I think most people are unaware of how bad it really is (in a state of denial or ignorance... sedated and distracted by junk entertainment and diversionary tactics practiced by government and the corporate media), and knowing what the agenda is of this set of criminals in control of our government, they are intent on destroying what's left of our democratic system and replacing it with an authoritarian Fascist regime. (They'll leave enough "freedom" in place to give us the illusion of freedom, all the while turning the screws and taking away freedoms until they're satisfied with their degree of control over the populace.)

Yes, it sounds like a conspiracy theory. But that's exactly what it is�a conspiracy.

Now I would disagree with your statement that the media and corporations are in the hands of the jews. They're in the hands of corporate fascists. Jewishness, Christianity, religion... that has nothing really to do with it. Religion is just a tool for these people, a way to manipulate the masses and establish the fascist state that they seek.

The agenda is not about putting the system in control of the Jews; it's about putting the system in control of the corporations. An unholy alliance between government and corporation. The Israeli Jewish state is just a tool being used toward that end. The goal is creation of a worldwide Empire controlled by American and multinational corporations. The goal is creation of a New World Order, on the order of the Roman Empire of old but even more global, even more total. Power, profit and greed is the motive behind it all.

Of course now, they don't establish Empire by primarily military means alone, like the old Roman Empire. (But when they think they need it, they will use military power to establish their global agenda�as in Iraq.) Now they have a broader and more insidious set of tools. A global financial system that uses the World Bank, the IMF, multinational banks and other institutions to arm-twist and force their way into every nation on the planet, to act as loan sharks to gain control of resources (natural resources, labor and government structures). A global media empire to spread a blanket of propanda,  to hide the truth from the people and advance their agenda. Increasingly concentrated ownership of corporations, and control of national and worldwide markets via these huge corporations.

The agenda is "bigger, more powerful, and all-pervasive" corporate control of everything. We'll control your media, your schools, your banks, your health care systems, your communications systems, your governments, your churches (to a large degree)... and your minds.

Big Brother is on the march.

This is scary stuff. And for those of us who remember what our nation's founding principles were, this is an abomination and a foul corruption of everything that was good about America. This is the very destruction of democracy, of freedom, and of human liberty.

This is global fascism for the new millenia. This is the agenda of our "leaders."

(Now many people will disagree vehemently with my use of the word "fascism." That's because they don't understand what fascism is about. They need to read http://secularhumanism.org/index.php?section=library&page=britt_23_2 - The 14 Characteristics of Fascism . You can also read Justin Raimondo's excellent article, http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=5070 - A Fascist America . No, fascism doesn't have to look exactly like Nazi Germany for it to be a fascist state. I encourage everyone: educate yourself!)

You ask, "What is the American interest attached to Israel while Israel is the biggest aid receiving country while most of the oil comes from Gulf? Why can't US have a just policy towards Israel. A balanced policy?"

I believe it's because this is all part of our strategy for global domination. We are addicted to oil, and our leaders have no intention of kicking that addiction any time soon. (It's too profitable for them and their friends.) Israel is a platform for extending American power into the Middle East, and to fend off radical Islam, which they perceive as threatening their access to the region's oil reserves. As long as they can help Israel to maintain their unbalanced and unfair policies, they will have a strong ally (with a nuclear arsenal). It's easier to use Israel as a platform, rather than an Islamic country. And of course, Iraq was meant to be a second major platform for extending dominance into the Middle East... at least that was the idea. We can see where that's gotten them now, of course. Not so easy as they had anticipated.

Now I realize that this is a forum for discussion of Islam and the Qur'an, and all this political talk may be seen as muddying the waters. But from the perspective of many Muslims, our nation's policies are seen as an attack on Islam, and so I think this is pertinent to a discussion of what constitutes "right action" and moral policy for any nation, and for any citizen of that nation. To be sure, our misleaders' policies can be seen as a frontal assault on any system of true moral rectitude, whether it be Islam, Christianity, or any other (including even secular humanism).

So I appreciate your forbearance in listening to my diatribes. I am not a religious person, but I am a spiritual person with a foundation in correct moral principles. That my nation has embarked on the destruction of correct moral principles is, to me, a source of shame, horror and outrage. Millions of us here in America are feeling this shame, and we're determined to do something to reverse this dangerous course that our nation is on.

Assalamu Alaikum! (Peace be upon you!)

... and upon us all.

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 11 February 2006 at 9:56pm

Hi Steve,

Hope this helps. May Allah guide you in your quest to seek the right path.

What Islam Really Says about Killing the Innocent

Taken from Introduction to The Book of Jihad and Expedition, by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui. Read the http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/019.smt.html - entire text .

Even in a declared war, certain rules must be followed:

The Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) has given clear instructions about the behaviour of the Muslim army. He observed:

"Set out for Jihad in the name of Allah and for the sake of Allah. Do not lay hands on the old verging on death, on women, children and babes. Do not steal anything from the booty and collect together all that falls to your lot in the battlefield and do good, for Allah loves the virtuous and the pious."

So great is the respect for humanly feelings in Islam that even the wanton destruction of enemy's crops or property is strictly forbidden. The righteous Caliphs followed closely the teachings of Allah and those of His Apostle in letter and spirit the celebrated address which the first Caliph Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) gave to his army while sending her on the expedition to the Syrian borders is permeated with the noble spirit with which the war in Islam is permitted. He said:

"Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman. nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock. save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone"

It is said that once at the time of conquest, a singing girl was brought to al-Muhajir b. Abu Umayya who had been publicly singing satirical poems about Hadrat Abu Bakr. Muhajir got her hand amputated. When the Caliph heard this news, he was shocked and wrote a letter to Muhajir in the following words:

"I have learnt that you laid hands on a woman who had hurled abuses on me, and, therefore, got her hand amputated. God has not sought vengeance even in the case of polytheism, which is a great crime. He has not permitted mutilation even with regard to manifest infidelity. Try to be considerate and sympathetic in your attitude towards others in future. Never mutilate, because it is a grave offence. God purified Islam and the Muslims from rashness and excessive wrath. You are well aware of the fact that those enemies fell into the hands of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) who had been recklessly abusing him; who had turned him out of his home; and who fought against him, but he never permitted their mutilation."

Another letter written by hadrat 'Umar the Second Caliph, which is addressed to Sa'd b. Abu Waqqas, speaks eloquently of the noble spirit with which the Muslims have bear exhorted to take up arms:

"Always search your minds and hearts and stress upon your men the need of perfect integrity and sincerity in the cause of Allah. There should be no material end before them in laying down their lives. but they abould deem it a means whereby they can please their Lord and entitle them. selves to His favour: such a spirit of selflessness should be inculcated in the minds of those who unfortunately lack it. Be firm in the thick of the battle as Allah helps man according to the perseverance that he shows in the cause of His faith and he would be rewarded in accordance with the spirit of sacrifice which he displays for the sake of the Lord. Be careful that those who have been entrusted to your care receive no harm at your hands and are never deprived of any of their legitimate rights."

A Special Note:

PROHIBITION OF KILLING WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN WAR

Book 019, Number 4319 Sahih Muslim:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles fought by the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He disapproved of the killing of women and children.

Book 019, Number 4320:

It is narrated by Ibn 'Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) forbade the killing of women and children.

http://www.muhajabah.com/reallysays.htm - http://www.muhajabah.com/reallysays.htm

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: fredifreeloader
Date Posted: 18 February 2006 at 7:58am
peacemaker - you just quoted 5: 32, which states that there is justification for killing people in certain circumstances.  these circumstances seem to be: murder and "corruption in the earth", or as other translations put it - "mischief in the land".  could you please outline exactly what the second circumstance means?  murder is clear enough, but what about corruption in the earth? ---it is important for non-muslims such as myself to know just exactly who muslims think they may or may not kill

Date Posted: 18 February 2006 at 10:17am
steve - i looked through the "14 characteristics of fascism" you posted (it was very good) and i noticed just how closely the article resembled every muslim country in the world, and how it would be a perfect description of the ideal sharia state  ----- no i suggest you educate yourself as to the facts of islam (i mean stick the boot into the west as much as you like, but please dont go thinking that any measure of islam will in any way improve things)

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 18 February 2006 at 7:02pm

fredifreeloader:

The first and the foremost basic right is the right to live and respect human life. The Holy Quran lays down:

Whosoever kills a human being without (any reason like) man slaughter, or corruption on earth, it is as though he had killed all mankind ... (5:32)

As far as the question of taking life in retaliation for murder or the question of punishment for spreading corruption on this earth is concerned, it can be decided only by a proper and competent court of law. If there is any war with any nation or country, it can be decided only by a properly established government. In any case, no human being has any right by himself to take human life in retaliation or for causing mischief on this earth. Therefore it is incumbent on every human being that under no circumstances should he be guilty of taking a human life. If anyone has murdered a human being, it is as if he has slain the entire human race. These instructions have been repeated in the Holy Quran in another place saying:

Do not kill a soul which Allah has made sacred except through the due process of law ... (6:151)

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Date Posted: 19 February 2006 at 10:07am
peacemaker - you have not in any way defined what "corruption in the earth" is.  you have said that the punishment for murder and corruption in the earth may only be decided by a competent court.  i take it this would be an islamic court.  in other words it will be islam that decides if a thing is corrupt or not.  since you are presumably a muslim, surely you could enlighten us as to what the phrase means

Posted By: pauline35
Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 2:53am
Goodness! It is such a simple word but you make it so complicated for yourself to understand it. CORRUPTION is bribery committed by human such as to give undertable money to get contracts for individual's business deal, policeman received payment in monetary form from a killer/thief to just get out of jail etc.

IN THE EARTH is anywhere in this planet whether you are in States, Jeddah, Dubai, China or Australia.

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 5:48am
Originally posted by fredifreeloader fredifreeloader wrote:

steve - i looked through the "14 characteristics of fascism" you posted (it was very good) and i noticed just how closely the article resembled every muslim country in the world, and how it would be a perfect description of the ideal sharia state  ----- no i suggest you educate yourself as to the facts of islam (i mean stick the boot into the west as much as you like, but please dont go thinking that any measure of islam will in any way improve things)

Fredi,

Yes, Fredi, that is why I am here: to educate myself as to the facts of Islam�as well as to the propaganda about Islam. Now, if we can manage to make a distinction between FACT and PROPAGANDA, I think we'll all be a lot better off. (That's why I started my blog, http://americanliar.com - American Liar .)

From your comments here (forgive me if I misinterpet you), I get the feeling that you may be having a bit of trouble distinguishing between the two. First, the 14 Characteristics of Fascism may be an accurate description of any totalitarian state that has that set of characteristic socio-political markers, irregardless of what the predominant religion may be (or the absence of an official religion, which can be substituted by official political orthodoxy / doctrine).

You also seem to have trouble recognizing that it is not Islam itself that embodies the doctrines of Fascism; rather the truth is that it is a perversion of Islam that may incorporate some of the characteristics of Fascism�a perversion that is advanced by religious fundamentalists who have adopted an extremist ideology. I get  the feeling that you are not really listening to the Muslims here in this forum, because if you were, you would be demonstrating an understanding that they are not expressing adherence to a doctrine of Fascism or totalitarianism as you seem to be suggesting. Rather, they are expressing quite the opposite point of view.

I think that we should all be careful to distinguish between fact and propaganda any time we are discussing religion and politics, or the nexus between the two. Any religion can become perverted by extremists, and the long chain of human history supplies ample proof of that. Study history and you will realize that it was a gross perversion of Christianity that led to the long bloody campaign of the Crusades, and the Europeans' invasion of the Middle East that had far more to do (then as now) with expansion of Empire and aggregation of wealth than it did with "saving souls." The altruistic religious pretexts of the Crusades were merely a hypocritical cover for darker aims.

Similarly, the long reign of terror that was the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inquisition - Inquisition relied upon similar "moral" pretexts for its atrocities. And that lasted for something like 650 years! The European invasion of the New World was also marked by naked aggression under the pretext of "saving souls," in the process exterminating millions of Native Americans in mass genocide under the banner of a "holy war." (Read the writings of the Spanish priest http://snipurl.com/mr6b - Bartolome De Las Casas for a rare  and very revealing contemporary account.)

Other religions and doctrines of the state have been used as tools for conquest, exploitation and greed over the millenia. So let's not point fingers at the religion of Islam as the villian here. It is, rather,  misguided and radicalized people that use religion in a perverted manner to further their aims�rarely is it the true essence of the religion itself that is to blame.

Referencing your statement, the 14 characteristics of fascism can be found not just in "every Muslim country in the world," as you suggest (I doubt that's entirely accurate, BTW), but they have also been represented in just about every single Third World country over the last 100-plus years where the United States had what it considered to be strategic economic (profit-centered) interests, where gross inequities in distribution of wealth have existed, and where, consequently, indigenous resistance to this fascist organization of the state's economy, social institutions, military, police, educational systems, etc. have arisen. The United States has a long, bloody and generally unrecognized (in our own country) track record of supporting these fascist states, in the interests of propping up corrupt regimes that will guarantee the maintenance of the U.S.'s exploitation of those nations' natural and human (labor) resources.

If you dig deep enough, you will find recorded documentation of the deliberate policies of the United States in maintaining what I call the "Global Plantation." Consider this quote:

"We have about 60% of the world's wealth but only 6.3% of its population. In this situation we cannot fail to be the object of envy and resentment. Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity. We need not deceive ourselves that we can afford today the luxury of altruism and world benefaction. We should cease to talk about such vague and unreal objectives as human rights, the raising of living standards and democratisation. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts. The less we are then hampered by idealistic slogans, the better."

George Kennan, former Head of the U.S. State Department Policy Planning Staff

And this quote from a US military officer with long experience in our campaigns of Empire-maintenance:

"I believe that if we had and would keep our dirty, bloody, dollar soaked fingers out of the business of these [Third World] nations so full of depressed, exploited people, they will arrive at a solution of their own. And if unfortunately their revolution must be of the violent type because the 'haves' refuse to share with the 'have-nots' by any peaceful method, at least what they get will be their own, and not the American style, which they don't want and above all don't want crammed down their throats by Americans."

General David Sharp, former U.S. Marine Corps Commandant, 1966

Finally, I think there is one prominent distinction that should be made regarding those (unnamed) Islamist states that you refer to as having characteristics of fascism, and this relates to MOTIVE:

I think the primary motivator for the "Neo Fascists" of the modern age is clearly economic, profit-centered worldwide domination�in a word, Empire. (From a moral standpoint, the cardinal sin of GREED.) I do not believe that it can be said that any Islamist state is bent on global economic Empire, as is the case currently with the United States. And I believe that this makes our current regime of misleaders a very dangerous bunch indeed.

In private, I'm sure that members of our current imperialist elites discuss their agenda in open, frank detail. Publicly, the truth occasionally leaks out. Consider this quote, from David Susskind's article in the New York Times from last year:

The aide [an unnamed top advisor to President Bush] said that guys like me were �in what we call the reality-based community,� which he defined as people who �believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.� I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. �That�s not the way the world really works anymore,� he continued. �We�re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you�re studying that reality�judiciously, as you will�we�ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that�s how things will sort out. We�re history�s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.�

And so, Fredi, I in turn suggest that you educate yourself as to the real facts of Islam, and learn how to distinguish them from the  propaganda that's been generated about Islam. It's all too easy to see the world in simplistic and propagandistic terms, especially for those of us here in the United States where we have had such a heavy filter imposed upon us by our corporate media systems, our educational institutions, and yes, even our religious institutions.

It is investigation of the truth based on rationality, objectivity, reason, and yes, spiritual insight that allows us to attain some measure of enlightenment in this world. Our planet and its inhabitants will be a lot better off, I think, if we pursue this path, rather than walking down the road with the blinders of prejudice, propaganda and narrow thinking obscuring our vision.

And yes, I will continue to "stick the boot into the west" (my own country) as you say, and with particular passion�for these reasons:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=49&chapter=6&verse=42&version=9&context=verse - Luke 6:42

"Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam  that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye."

"I love America more than any other country in the world and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually."

James Baldwin

peace / shalom / salaam

steve

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 6:37am
OK, for those who were curious about the origin of the supposed "quotations" from the Qur'an that I originally referenced (at the very beginning of this thread), it comes from a web site called "Prophet of Doom."

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

See for yourself, judge for yourself... for what it's worth (or not).

I just wanted to generate some rational discussion before I posted the link.

peace / salaam / shalom,

steve

-------------
Steve

American Liar

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 7:29am
Question:   Who is Craig Winn? Tell me about the author.

Answer: Craig Winn graduated magna cum laude from the University of Southern California. While attending SC he became the youngest ordained ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church. Upon graduation Mr. Winn built The Winn Company into one of the nation�s leading marketing and sales firms.   

Dear Steve,

This isn't a new story. I've heard this when I was a teenager back in 1980 something. It seems that Mr. Craig Winn is reviving the old story. He is just a simple good salesman.

My question is : Does anybody knows what race and religion is he? This is important because this information contributes to his venomous writings about Islam.

Like the superstar, Madonna says she doesn't read magazines and rarely reads newspaper due to the fact that papparazi loves to print bad news about her. Simple reason is because when you talk something bad about the superstar, it sells better.

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 9:56am

Bismillah,

Steve, thank you for your dedicated explanation of fascism and the control of the rich and famous over the poor and unknown.  What a corporation will do to get ahead!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 10:39am

steve - i do not need elucidations as to the general gameplan of the united states and their puppets such as tony bliar in the world (im an avid reader of "new internationalist" after all), nor do i require history lessons re crusades, inquisitions and european expansionism in the americas.  although how the latter can be mentioned without reference to bloody muslim imperialism in the middle east, north africa, spain, the balkans and india i dont know.

the point is that the crusades etc were a perversion, as you say, of christianity.  the new testament (the rule book so to speak for christians) does not envisage or warrant killing anyone, let alone setting up christian armies, militia, christian states, or fighting wars in the name of christ.  this is in marked contrast to islam, which promotes fighting and killing (for whatever reason)

now you also refer to a perversion of islam.  kindly tell me what this is exactly, where we can see an example of it,  and why you think its a perversion

now you say that "no islamist state is bent on global economic empire".  how strange.  islam is bent on global empire, (does this make muslims "a very dangerous bunch" as well?)  its the whole point of islam. and it will be, should it ever happen, economic, as the boast of muslims everywhere is that their religion covers all aspects of life (except lesbianism, apparently).  muslims refer to this empire as the "caliphate".  non-muslims will have to pay the jizya tax, (a kind of glorified protection racket) and "feel themselves subdued"

now steve if you ever catch me giving out propaganda rather than facts about islam, i hope youll let me know about it

your quotation from luke 6: 42 is most inappropriate, unless you identify with the west in all its ways and deeds.  i dont.  and i really dont think that a man like james baldwin would criticise his country because he loves it without criticising others for the same reason

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 11:13am
pauline - you wrote, referring to a certain mr craig winn, ."does anyone know what race and religion he is?  this is important because this information contributes to his venomous writings about islam"  ----this sounds very very disturbing to me as i read it, but i will not comment further without giving you the chance to explain yourself

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 11:45am

Brother Fredi said:

now you say that "no islamist state is bent on global economic empire".  how strange.  islam is bent on global empire, (does this make muslims "a very dangerous bunch" as well?)  its the whole point of islam. and it will be, should it ever happen, economic, as the boast of muslims everywhere is that their religion covers all aspects of life (except lesbianism, apparently).  muslims refer to this empire as the "caliphate".  non-muslims will have to pay the jizya tax, (a kind of glorified protection racket) and "feel themselves subdued"

Dear brother you have all got it wrong!

The first time the Muslim army attacked the Christiandom or the Roman Empire was in the life of Prophet Muhammad. It happened that way: Near a place Mauta, the newly converted tribe of Arabia was attacked by the local tribe which was falling under the jurisdiction of Roman Empire. So Prophet sent a messanger demanding to return the belongings and hand over the culprits but both were refused. And rather he informed the Roman empire that Muslims are coming to attack us with a huge army. On this the Roman ruler sent an Army of 100,000 soldiers. Prophet Muhammad (not aware of the huge army) sent 3000 troops to teach a lesson to that Roman tribe.

Once the Battle of Mauta took place Muslims had to retreat, with heavy losses. After that Prophet Muhammed sent the message of Islam to the Romans or to face the Muslims. But he died before he could despatch the Army and the Army was later despatched by the First Caliph Abu-Bakar.

The CALIPHATE has nothing to do with the Non-Muslim world. It is a concept that all Muslim states should have one leader with Quran and Sunnah with its constitution. Non-Muslims are cahrged with a tax know as JAZIA, on the same basis like all governments collect the tax from their citizens. However they are given an option to leave the calipahte if they don't want to pay tax. Similarly, all Muslims living in an Islamic state are bound to pay tax at the same rate of JAZIA, known as ZAKAT to the government. They can also leave the state if they are unwilling to pay.

All governments collect tax why are you people so allergic to Jazia?? or the tax of Muslim Government??

Zakat and Jazia only differ with respect to the reward in the hereafter so that Muslims should not use the Jazia for Muslim cause (building Mosques, schools etc) but it can only be spent on the welfare of the minorities.

Shams Zaman

-------------
[email protected]

Date Posted: 20 February 2006 at 7:00pm
FREDIEFREELOADER QUOTE:pauline - you wrote, referring to a certain mr craig winn, ."does anyone know what race and religion he is? this is important because this information contributes to his venomous writings about islam" ----this sounds very very disturbing to me as i read it, but i will not comment further without giving you the chance to explain yourself

You rejected the fact about this stranger, Mr. Craig Winn. It's just a question of profile unless you are disturbing by the factual that Islam isn't as what Mr. Craig had written.

Date Posted: 21 February 2006 at 2:19am
no pauline im very disturbed because youre asking what race he is.  why does that matter to you?  are you saying that criticism of islam is a matter of race?

Date Posted: 21 February 2006 at 3:51am
Yes, the race is important because it was a Jew who made the story. When I was only 12 years old, my late father told me that Islam was a violent religion. I asked my father, "Who said so?" He said it was spreaded by a Jew that Islam was a violent religion.

Unfortunately, my country promotes harmony society and freedom in embracing your choices of religion. Unlike what I have read in this forum that many said Islam is violent.

Malaysia has never failed to exhibit the harmonious relationship between Hindiusm, Buddhism, Christian, and Islam. The law of the country has never failed to protect the four main religions.

For your information, Malaysia is an Islamic country. Here the Muslims do not kill for pleasure nor protest for any differences. We live in harmony because the laws allow us to choose our religion. However, I must say the moment we have Jews around in the country, the chapter of destruction has started. They came in with different identity eg using British passport, American passport etc. Reason is because Malaysia government disallows any relationship with Israel.

What I see is that you are looking for an answer that many here are able to provide. Unfortunately, you are justifying the answer from this forum by your mentality.

If Islam is a violent religion, why on earth these 1.5 billions people irrespective of races embraced this religion? It must have some essences of attraction that made human accept it without question.

For your understanding, a religion is a philosophy. It teaches about way of life, my dear. It is not about "killing" as way of life. These people who protested the Danish cartoons are people who live in the Middle east, Europe country etc but not in Malaysia and Singapore.

Why are they so angry? It is because they have fed up being the victims of bullying by the west. Any time when there is something to embarrass the middle east by the west, it is always about their religion.

Why Malaysia being an Islamic country did not protest violently? Because the law disallows them to do so. SO MY ANSWER TO YOU IS THAT EVERY COUNTRY HAS THEIR OWN LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS. IT IS THE LAW THAT ALLOWS SO.

So, please leave the religion out of your context in discrediting Islam. You need to go to the root of the causes before you justify your own answer.

Oops, or are you not a Jew?????

Date Posted: 21 February 2006 at 1:29pm

so - pauline, you like a bit of jew-bashing as well??  "the chapter of destruction" in malaysia has started because of jews??  that is very very sad indeed, that you should say this, in fact its racist.  no im not jewish.  now your dear father told you that it was a jew who invented the story that islam was a violent religion?  what was this jews name please? -----//////actually people arrive at their conclusions about islam by reading the quran and the hadith, and by closely observing the actions of muslims in the world, not by listening to stories by jews or anyone else.

now you wonder why 1.5 billion people would embrace this religion if it was violent - simply because most of them are born into it, and know nothing else.  all they know about the holy faith of christ, for instance, is lies.

you said "my country promotes harmony society and freedom in embracing your choices of religion" ---- well try telling that to ms lina joy -----read her story here:

http://www.compassdirect.org/en/newslongen.php?idelement=3997 - http://www.compassdirect.org/en/newslongen.php?idelement=399 7

dont forget to click "read more" to get the full story.  lina is malay, she was muslim, and then she received the Lord Jesus as her saviour.  note that article 11 of the constitution guarantees malaysian citizens the right to change their religion, but article 3 declares islam to be the official religion.  this means that malays cannot change their religion from islam unless the sharia court allows them to , which it never does.  it means that although lina is a christian and belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ, she will legally have to follow the laws of islam, and have "islam" stamped on her id.  the only concession the muslim authorities have given her is the right to change her name, as far as they are concerned she is still a muslim.

there is more information on this here:

http://www.enwikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Malaysia - http://www.enwikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Malaysia

note the ban on malay and indonesian language bibles, the restrictions on church building and evangelism, with fines and even imprisonment for preaching the holy gospel to muslims.  ---/////if they are so sure that they are so right, then why are they so afraid of others preaching another religion?

but im sure youll be just fine in malaysia, pauline, as long as you do what the muslims want

(actually the second link does not always work - i dont know why - check out malaysia/religion/wikipedia)

Date Posted: 21 February 2006 at 7:41pm
Congratulations! You have just thrown the pie at your own face, being not just the most biase but certainly awarded yourself as the most discriminative preacher of religion.

Malaysia is a multi-cultural and a multi-racial country. Certainly, the Law can not please everyone especially the traitor. In the world, the traitor could not find a place that can pleases them forever. Or in a crowd, it is natural to have one black sheep. This is just the natural law of effect because astrologically, there are godly, humanly and demonly character in human and as for you, you have the demonly because nothing in this world is good for you. Nothing out of your mouth is good about anyone accept yourself lah.(Malaysian accent)

You are right that most Malaysian are born Muslim especially the Malays. Unfortunately, you were wrong because of your Ms. Lina story. Was it the only one? Or are there, perhaps thousand of same story like Lina happen in Malaysia. Well! To be realistically, the government could not change the law just for one who had differences from the rest.

You are one person who only reads from the website and media. Wouldn't it be more realistic and wiser that you learn from your experience instead?

BTW, that woman was also found to be diagnosed with some psychology problems. Now, where is she? If she is normal, she would go all her way to fight for her freedom. Why isn't she did that? Because she was not well.

BTW, you know for the fact that Jew invented the story about hating Islam and I did mention it was ages and now only you ask for name. I suggest you visit my late Father's grave and ask him yourself.

Islam promotes peace and that is the fact. The only disturbing religion in Malaysia is the Christian Evangelist. That is guaranteed. The next time I encounter any of them, I will certainly bring them to justice. This is enough.

What about yourself? Are you someone who fight to live? Or someone who hate Islam or anti-Islam? The world is never been enough for a person perceives this way. No solution and no ending but keep fighting. Your fighting spirit is good but it will be better if you put it in good use through some practice of logical senses.

Date Posted: 21 February 2006 at 7:52pm
Fredifreeloader wrote : and even imprisonment for preaching the holy gospel to muslims.

This one I surely agreed because the Evangelists are provocateur in this case. I have gone through it and I know it's not fair. This is also to protect the Islam religion. That is why they, the Evangelist dare not preach Christian to Muslim but did it to other religion like Buddhist, Taoism, Catholic etc as long as you are not a Muslim. They use psychological bullying as way to push for convertion or re-born to Christian. They went around looking for weakest victims (when you are lying in bed or hospitalized and when you are most vulnerable) to get them listen to their psychotic preaching. Eg God is a very jealous god. God is angry that you believe the existent of Islam and other gods etc.

How would you be able to live in harmony when the Evangelist come to your house and bad mouth about your neighbour? Do you have a smarter idea? In these years, I found myself living happily as long as I do not go above the book of laws. I live and work harmoniously because I am contented with this peaceful country.

Date Posted: 21 February 2006 at 7:59pm
Media writes for money and you know that. Reading from the website is like watching the Kingdom of Heaven. Remember what you said. All these are relevant. What goes around, what comes around? I am more concern on your health, my dear.

The wise learns to not to get too worked out for a petty reason. Are you the wisest?

BTW, thanks for your matchmaking web add as below:-
http://www.enwikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Malaysia

All I get is erotica and match make yourself with Jews single and Christian single...etc....great job, Fredi the loser.

Date Posted: 22 February 2006 at 9:37am

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

Congratulations! You have just thrown the pie at your own face, being not just the most biase but certainly awarded yourself as the most discriminative preacher of religion.

Malaysia is a multi-cultural and a multi-racial country. Certainly, the Law can not please everyone especially the traitor. In the world, the traitor could not find a place that can pleases them forever. Or in a crowd, it is natural to have one black sheep. This is just the natural law of effect because astrologically, there are godly, humanly and demonly character in human and as for you, you have the demonly because nothing in this world is good for you. Nothing out of your mouth is good about anyone accept yourself lah.(Malaysian accent)

You are right that most Malaysian are born Muslim especially the Malays. Unfortunately, you were wrong because of your Ms. Lina story. Was it the only one? Or are there, perhaps thousand of same story like Lina happen in Malaysia. Well! To be realistically, the government could not change the law just for one who had differences from the rest.

You are one person who only reads from the website and media. Wouldn't it be more realistic and wiser that you learn from your experience instead?

BTW, that woman was also found to be diagnosed with some psychology problems. Now, where is she? If she is normal, she would go all her way to fight for her freedom. Why isn't she did that? Because she was not well.

BTW, you know for the fact that Jew invented the story about hating Islam and I did mention it was ages and now only you ask for name. I suggest you visit my late Father's grave and ask him yourself.

Islam promotes peace and that is the fact. The only disturbing religion in Malaysia is the Christian Evangelist. That is guaranteed. The next time I encounter any of them, I will certainly bring them to justice. This is enough.

What about yourself? Are you someone who fight to live? Or someone who hate Islam or anti-Islam? The world is never been enough for a person perceives this way. No solution and no ending but keep fighting. Your fighting spirit is good but it will be better if you put it in good use through some practice of logical senses.

first of all i am not interested in your astrological expertise.  so are you saying that the only problem with the story i posted was that there was only one story?  ----one is enough to destroy your bragging boast that in malaysia people are allowed to "embrace the religions of their choice"  - she has embraced christianity, yes, but according to the law, she will still have to live as a muslim.  what good is your precious peace, if people are treated in this disgusting, inhumane way? - in my country we tell the government what religion we are, not the other way around

so the woman has psychological problems?  and just where did you learn this?  from the website? or from the media, which you state "only writes for money"?  or are you so "wise" that you found this out from "experience"?  do you know this woman? you have not even been able to substantiate your claim.  why not?  (my links may not always work, but at least i make an effort)  did you make the story up yourself?  ---- actually if lina does have problems it wouldnt surprise me, when you think about how much this evil muslim regime has put her through (poor girl).  btw a persons health should not affect their freedom in this matter

im not even going to comment further on the your jew story - it deserves nothing but contempt

if youre being harrassed by christian evangelists, all you have to do is say no thanks and if they persist, remind them that the Lord Jesus would not harrass people.  if they persist further, then by all means tell them you will take the matter up with the authorities.  thats what i would do anyway

Date Posted: 22 February 2006 at 10:16am

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

Media writes for money and you know that. Reading from the website is like watching the Kingdom of Heaven. Remember what you said. All these are relevant. What goes around, what comes around? I am more concern on your health, my dear.

The wise learns to not to get too worked out for a petty reason. Are you the wisest?

BTW, thanks for your matchmaking web add as below:-
http://www.enwikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Malaysia

All I get is erotica and match make yourself with Jews single and Christian single...etc....great job, Fredi the loser.

well pauline - im sooooo veeeery sooooorry to burden you with all that erotica and jew/christian singles stuff (but there was also sodoku - you could have gone for that).  try this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_religious_freedom_in_Malaysia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_religious_freedom_in_ Malaysia

go to the "conversion from islam" section.  note the insurmountable difficulties in converting from islam to another religion.  note also that the opposition party is calling for the death penalty for this.  now is that not violent?  also please give me the name of just one person who has succeeded in converting legally from islam to another religion under the present regime in malaysia (well i mean ive given you the name of one person who hasnt managed it, surely its the least you can manage)

go to the "loss of the right to marry" section.  its lina joy again!  the babe just wont go away.  but they have denied her the right to legally register her marriage.  how sick is that

going back to 1987, look at the "torture by police" section and read about joshua jamaluddin, a muslim who received the Lord as Saviour.  that meant more to him than all the torture given by muslims

and hav a nice day

Date Posted: 25 February 2006 at 11:02pm
Fredi said : one is enough to destroy your bragging boast that in malaysia people are allowed to "embrace the religions of their choice"

It is so professional of you having said because of one bad apple the whole basket of apples are rotten.

Fredi also said : also please give me the name of just one person who has succeeded in converting legally from islam to another religion under the present regime in malaysia (well i mean ive given you the name of one person who hasnt managed it, surely its the least you can manage)

Well! Malaysia is an Islamic country and this is the fact. Malaysians are proud of their country and religions. There are friends that I know who were Islam but re-converted to Christian. The law never punished them for doing so. Example of my friends who re-converted from Islam to Christian are Bridget, Jackie and many more.

Your statements are very propagandist and nonsensical. What you talked basically were based on what media writes and not based on the facts, etiquette and history. You are darn wrong for you are one-sided and blinded by only reading what media writes.

Judging from your writing skills and your mentality, you are living in your own world and certainly the most biased about any Islamic country. I have friends from all races and religions. Do you have one? I guess none.

It is always wise to listen to what others has professed and exchange logical point of view. In your case, you have nothing to exchange but just an anti-Islamic point of views because you cannot perceive from a wider scope.

BTW, who is the founder of wikipedia.org? An anti-Islamic group? Why do they need a donation from the readers? Clearly, they are just the clever salesman selling some stories for a living.

Date Posted: 25 February 2006 at 11:13pm
Fredi wrote : if youre being harrassed by christian evangelists, all you have to do is say no thanks and if they persist, remind them that the Lord Jesus would not harrass people. if they persist further, then by all means tell them you will take the matter up with the authorities. thats what i would do anyway

Thanks for you most clever opinion.

Date Posted: 26 February 2006 at 1:36am
pauline - kindly point out one thing ive said which was based on what the media wrote.  kindly substantiate your slander against wikipedia.  kindly provide proof that your friends got their change in religion officially recognised by the government in the same way that lina joy tried

Date Posted: 26 February 2006 at 3:01pm

Fredifreeloader,

Even if your point about Malaysia is true, how does that make Islam a violent religion?  Have you ever considered that is might simply be the Malaysian way of applying Islam that is the problem and not Islam itself?  In order to prove your point, you need to show us that ALL countries that claim to be Islamic have these same laws.  The truth of the matter is that there exist no true Muslim counties at this time in history.  All countries that claim Islam as their predominate faith only implement Sharia as part of their law system and the Sharia they implement is far from being the true Sharia of Islam.  So, it is truly an injustice you do by claiming their flaws and faults on Islam.

Although the issue which exists in Malaysia regarding the blocking of believers (Muslims) from converting to another faith, 1.) there is nothing in the Qur�an or Sunnah which states a person is forced to be a believer or to remain a believer, there is no compulsion in Islam, hence, this appears to be a law of the Malaysian government and not a law of Islam, and 2.) there are some Christian denominations which believe that once you enter their faith you are a member of that faith unless they excommunicate you; that is, even if you leave their faith, they believe you are still part of that faith and they judge you according to that faith.  I have a friend who has been a Muslim for 20 years but she is still on the registry of the LDS and I am still on the registry of the Catholic Church.  The difference appears to be that in the former case (Malaysia) is enforced by a government body whereas the latter is not.  Is this the fault of Islam?  I think not and for you to assume or to say so is simply ignorance on your part.

You have made comments about Islam�s population as being mainly composed of Muslims born into Muslim families but this is far from true.  If it were the case, then the majority of Muslim would be Arabic; however, Islam is currently composed of no more than 20% Arabs.  There are an estimated 1.5 billion Muslims in the world today.  This means that although there are approximately 300 million Arab Muslims, there are 1 billion 200 million Muslims who are not of the Arabic ethnic group.  So, how can you expect others to believe what you said about Muslims being born Muslim to be true?  The truth of the matter is that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.  Despite (actually, more like as a result of) the 9/11 bombing in the US, Islam is becoming a faith which many devout Christians are converting to.  The reason for this is due to larger numbers of American who became sincerely interested in learning about Islam as a result of the bombings and propoganda by the media there after; hence, instead of listening to speculations and propaganda, they purchased copies of the Holy Qur�an so they could see for themselves what the truth about Islam is.  If you would like to see a testimonial to this fact, please watch the video �Turning Muslim in Texas.�  Just click the link below and it will take you there:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9184353144432289069&q=Turning+Muslim+in+Texas - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9184353144432289069 &q=Turning+Muslim+in+Texas http://video.google.com/videoplay?ocid=-uslim+in+Texas -

Also, in one of your earlier posts you accused Pauline of being racist for asking if a person was Jewish.  Judaism is not a race.  This is a fallacy that is as old as Christianity.  Just as Judaism does not constitute a race, neither does Islam or Christianity.  The closest you could have gotten to calling Judaism other than a religion would have been to call it an ethnic group because even if all Jews were of the same bloodline, that bloodline would be no other than Caucasian.  However, even trying to refer to Judaism as an ethnic group doesn�t hold today because not all current day Jews are a part of the same bloodline or culture as the Israelites which Moses lead out of Egypt.  It simply goes to show us that it is simply a fallacy to equate any religion with a particular race or ethnic group even if the religion is contained with a particular ethnic group or race.  So, stop calling people racist for wanting to know if a person is Jewish or of any other religious group.  This is an Islamic forum and therefore knowing the religious background of those who make comments about Islam is relevant to the discussion.  Just as some Christians have in the past been persecuted by Jews (not all but some), so have some Muslims.  It is no secret that there are some (probably many) Jews who do not want to see the prophecies of the Torah fulfilled.  And just as the Jews denied the validity Christianity, so do the Jews and Christians deny the validity of Islam.  On the other hand, Muslims do not deny the validity of either Judaism of Christianity.  Muslims merely hold that the Torah and Gospel have been tampered with by men.  However, Muslims still consider both Jews and Christians as being followers of Divine Revelation and worshipers of the same God; i.e., Allah, even if they believe that Christians have gone astray in believing in the trinity; that is, becoming polythesists and not mere monothesist as Allah commands us to be. 

The bottom line is this; Allah will reveal the truth in the end because He is AL-HAQQ (The Truth, The Real).  That is, the TRUTH does not depend on the life or the opinion of any human being regardless of whether that human is Jewish, Christian or Muslim.  The TRUTH is independent of all things; the TRUTH is ALLAH, AL-HAQQ. 

ASHUKRU-LILLAHI RABBIL-ALAMEEN WALA-HAWLA WALA QUWATA ILLA BILLAH

Sister Khadija

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Date Posted: 26 February 2006 at 4:57pm

khadija - well you should read "the punishment of the apostate according to islamic law" by abul ala mauwdudi, also the following hadith:

bukhari vol9 no.37 - "......by allah, allahs messenger never killed anyone except..........a man who fought against allah and his messenger, and deserted islam and became an apostate..."

bukhari vol9 no.57 - ".......i would have killed him according to the statement of allahs messenger 'whoever changed his religion, then kill him'."

bukhari vol9 no.58 - "....muadh asked, 'who is this man?'  abu musa said 'he was a jew who became a muslim then reverted back to judaism'  then abu musa requested muadh to sit down but muadh said 'i will not sit down till he has been killed.  this is the judgment of allah and his messenger' and repeated it thrice.  then abu musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed.  abu musa added 'then we discussed the night prayers...'"

bukhari vol9 no.64 - "narrated ali...............no doubt i heard allahs messenger saying 'during the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words, but their faith will not go beyond their throats and will go out from their religion as an arrow goes out of the game.  so wherever you find them, kill them, for whoever kills them shall have reward on the day of judgment'"

also bukhari vol9 no. 271, which tells the same story as no.58

yes ive already seen this video you posted.  i wonder if those folks in texas are having the same problems as these people in the uk - see here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1470584,00.html - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1470584,00.html

now if im out of order in any way by referring to paulines comments as "racist" then fair enough, but remember she said it was a jew who "started the story about islam being a violent religion" and that the present day (unspecified) problems in malaysia, which she referred to as the "chapter of destruction", are being caused by jews in the country.  now if its not racism what do you call it?  ethnicism? judeophobia?  i dont know.  anyway pauline seems nice enough, and ive no wish to offend her, i just find these statements strange

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 26 February 2006 at 6:16pm
Freddi, there's 600 years difference between Christianity and Islam. 600
years ago the Spanish Inquisition was torturing and killing on a much
grander scale - all biblically based. 400 years ago Christian pastors taught
the story of Ham, Shem and Japeth as God's justification for slavery.

Selectively picking out parts of hadith which support your point is arguing in
bad faith. Muhummad was a man of his time, and was bound by the mores
of Quyrash society. If you would spend a little time learning about Islam's
high points you might discover why 100% of mainstream Christian
denominations respect Islam as one of the world's great religions.

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Date Posted: 27 February 2006 at 1:53am
david - the Lord Jesus Christ never advocated fighting, killing, torturing or enslavement of anyone, nor did any of the apostles.  muhammad did.

Date Posted: 27 February 2006 at 3:41am
What you are missing, Freddie, is that the Quraysh were a violent, tribal &
pagan society. Muhummad introduced them to the God of Abraham, and
established a military code of conduct that was forgiving, just and ethical.
He brought Arabia from anarchy to a united, organized, God-fearing
country.

No, Muhammad was not a pacifist - but he was the inventor of the
military ethos we call chivalry.

I suggest you read Martin Lings' Muhammad : His Life Based on the
Earliest Sources
. Read about Muhummad's defeat at Badr, and then
the rules of engagement he required of the Muslims at the subsequent
battle of Uhud. You will clearly see the presence of God within
Muhummad's command.

Comparing Muhummad to Jesus is unfair. Nobody worships Muhummad.
Compare Muhummad to St. Joan if you wish. Or Joshua. Or Joab.

As for the apostles, of course we have Judas as the first to believe we
must use violence to implement God's will. Constantine was our first
military commander, and the early Christians commonly executed those
deemed heretics. St. Augustine later developed his concept of a 'just war"
- an oxymoron if you believe Jesus. Christian violence continues to this
day; even Jimmy Carter drove a submarine carrying nuclear missiles.

Muhummad's generalship is too important to gloss over as "violence".
Study his tactics and rules of engagement to get a sense of his ethical
standards, then consider how little actual fighting took place over the
centuries as Islam took over the Middle East.

Could a mere general, much less a religious poseur, conquer and hold
this much territory? I think not - Islam could simply not have grown and
flourished as it has without God's help.

I'm not Muslim, but I can tell you the worldwide spread of Islam is a
miracle and a blessing. People have implemented it imperfectly, but that
is in every religion. Look for what is right with Islam instead of the
problems and you will find it strengthens your Christianity. We Christians
really have many more commonalities with Islam than we have
differences.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 February 2006 at 9:01am

david its rather disturbing to see you dismiss textual evidence out of hand.  if the texts i quoted have been "selectively picked out", then its because they are there to be picked out. you will also note that they do not concern war, or rules of warfare.  they concern the murder of those who convert from islam

judas was never an apostle.  he did not receive the commandment to "go into all the world and preach the gospel", nor was he present on the day of pentecost to be baptised in the holy ghost.  he was a thief, a traitor, and never a believer.  he always addressed the Lord Jesus as "rabbi", never as "Lord"

again, examples of violence from christians past or present is not appropriate.  we are not defending the misguided actions of christians real or fake, we are defending christianity.  and no, jimmy carter operating a nuclear submarine is not an example of "christian violence".  it is an example of united states defence or united states warmongering if you prefer.  jimmy carter may be a christian, but it was presumably as president of the us that they allowed him to think that he was actually in control of a nuclear submarine.

there is no justification in the new testament, no commandment to fight.  indeed theres a prohibition on all that.  whereas the quran says that fighting "is prescribed" for muslims.-quran 2: 216  fighting is violence.  so is killing. 

you say muhammad was a man of his time.  but muslims ive spoken to claim he is a man for all time, and that his edicts are eternal and cannot be changed - except the ones he changed himself, under the guise of abrogation, such as "let there be no compulsion in religion"

Date Posted: 27 February 2006 at 11:22am
Freddi, there are always some Muslims here who post biblical
discontinuities, all the incest & murdering etc. Their error is the same as
yours. They are take a biased selection - one researched by someone
else, as they are too lazy to read the originals on their own - and use it to
put forward a concept that is removed from context and is intellectually
dishonest.

Do you really want to be that kind of person? Do you truly think you are
witnessing to the truth in Christ when you repeat unbalanced arguments
of others without listening? Bukhari is readily available for free - why not
read it for yourself and make your own opinions?

I'm not going to get into all your errors regarding Christianity, as this is
not a Christian forum. It is a forum to learn about Islam, one in which we
Christians are graciously invited to participate. It is an opportunity to
make friends and learn about Islam from real people. It demeans
everyone when you reduce it to a series of juvenile arguments derived
from the work of others who feel they can only justify their religion by
demeaning others.

You are new here, and will soon see just how obnoxious it is when the
anti-Christian crowd start with the canned "Bible is corrupt, violent and
sex-crazed" nonsense. A juvenile debating of scripture taken without
understanding is a mean and base enterprise.

I hope you can put yourself above that, remembering Paul's advice to
never shake other's faith in God.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 February 2006 at 12:36pm

david - i already have all the hadith online (usc muslim students association website) as well as the quran in several translations.  working ones way through such turgid material is very hard work.  as for "juvenile arguments" well were talking about peoples lives here, and their most basic freedoms.  i dont know how you can produce all these cop-outs in the face of such a vital issue.  if you think youve such a nice, balanced understanding of islam then answer this - who may muslims kill?  who should they kill?  who do they kill?  and why?

so my juvenile arguments "are derived from others who feel they can only justify their religion by demeaning others" - would Abul Ala Maududi also come into that category?  -- i think youll find he knew rather more about islam than you, (or anyone else on this site) and he was certainly a real person.  sad to say, your comments on islam border on the psychophantic (is that the right spelling?)  just who has islam been a blessing to? --certainly not to christians and other non-muslims living in muslim countries, or 50/50 countries.  look at whats going on in nigeria, pakistan, sudan, egypt, indonesia etc.  look at what yasser arafat did to bethlehem

you know youve not actually answered anything ive said, merely questioned my saying it

Date Posted: 27 February 2006 at 12:54pm
Hi Freddi - I understand why you have the problem with Bukhari - I got to
volume forty something before I petered out.

Which translation of the Qu'ran are you reading, and how far along are you?
Perhaps we can discuss something we have both read instead of arguing
from ignorance.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 February 2006 at 12:13am

Fredifreeloader,

What you fail to see is that the killing of an apostate is only for those Muslims who turn their back on Islam and they fight against Islam.  In the early days of Islam, some Muslim men had little/weak faith and would flee and go to the other side to fight against Islam if they felt Islam was way out numbered.  Apostate means traitor not simply one who no longer believes.  Tell me of any country that would treat an apostate (a traitor) during wartimes any less than to have them court marshaled if they are caught?  And tell me which country would not actively seek out apostates.  The ayat and ahadith you make reference to are about war.  It is not fair for you to take those out of context. 

There is no law in Islam which states that a believer who becomes a non-believer should be killed simply because they stop believing.  In fact, in the Qur�an it states:

How shall Allah guide those who reject faith after they accepted it and bore witness that the Apostle was true and that clear signs had come unto them? But Allah guides not a people unjust. (3:86)

Of such the reward is that on them (rests) the curse of Allah of His angels and of all mankind. (3:87)

In that will they dwell; nor will their penalty be lightened nor respite be their (lot). (3:88)

Except for those that repent (even) after that and make amends: for verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful. (3:89)

But those who reject faith after they accepted it and then go on adding to their defiance of faith never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have (of set purpose) gone astray. (3:90)

As to those who reject faith and die rejecting never would be accepted from any such as much gold as the earth contains though they should offer it for ransom. For such is (in store) a penalty grievous and they will find no helpers. (3:91)

I have included all of the ayat regarding those who reject faith after they believed (this is for the general population and not regarding times of war where a person becomes a traitor/apostate) so that no one is tempted to take it out of context.  It clearly states that Allah is not pleased with these individuals and that there reward in the hereafter is a �penalty grievous�; however, it doesn�t state that they are to be killed in this life.  In fact, ayat 89 states �for those that repent (even) after that and make amends� which means that they have to remain alive in order for them to have the chance to repent.  At the end of that ayat, it states �for verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.�  This means that even if someone does lose their faith (in cases other than becoming a traitor/apostate), Allah will forgive them if they return and repent. 

How does this constitute a violent religion?  Despite what others may think, Allah is Merciful.  All one has to do is to read past the prejudices he/she brings when they approach Islam.

With respect to your question about who Muslims may kill, here is your answer:

17:33 Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, we have given his heir authority (to demand qisas or to forgive): but let him nor exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the Law).

That is, Muslims can only kill someone if there is just cause to do so.  Such as:

1.) To protect from tumult and religious oppression. (see Holy Qur�an 2:191; also   see 2:193 and not that the last sentence in the ayat is, �Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.�; also 2:217; 8:25; 8:39; 8:73)

2.) To punish someone for committing murder. (Even in cases of murder if the family of the slain person is forgiving, then it is not permitted to kill the person who committed the murder, see Holy Qur�an 2:178.)    

Who are Muslims forbidden to kill?

1.)  They cannot kill themselves; i.e., commit suicide or do other things which may lead to the own death such as smoking:

4:29 O ye who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities: But let there be amongst you Traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful!

2.)  They cannot kill their own children.  It was (and to some extent still is in some part of the world) a common practice to kill unwanted children (in the overwhelming majority of the cases it was daughters; in fact, some buried their daughters alive, see Holy Qur�an 81:8) in the days before Allah sent the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) the people.

6:151 Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.

17:31 kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin.

60:12 O Prophet! When believing women come to thee to take the oath of fealty to thee, that they will not associate in worship any other thing whatever with Allah, that they will not steal, that they will not commit adultery (or fornication), that they will not kill their children, that they will not utter slander, intentionally forging falsehood, and that they will not disobey thee in any just matter,- then do thou receive their fealty, and pray to Allah for the forgiveness (of their sins): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

3.)  Anyone who has not committed an unjust act (i.e., murdered someone, or causing tumult in the land or oppression of faith.  (I�ve already shown this by it�s negation above.)

It is not true that Islam believe all others besides Muslims are �infidels.�  If one is to assert that the term �infidel� can be found in the Holy Qur�an, they cannot attach it to any other than to those who were pagans.  It is clearly stated in the Holy Qur�an that Christian and Jews are People of the Book.  In Sura 3, Al- Imran, there is much discussion about People of the Book (i.e., Muslims, Christians and Jews), no where does it say to kill them.  Allah merely warns against many of the problems which arose from Jews and Christians who went off His Straight Path, and command Muslims not to do the same thing.  In fact, at Sura 3, Al-Imran, Allah tells the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) call for the joining together the Jews and Christians in worshiping Allah:

Say: "O people of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: that we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not from among ourselves Lords and patrons other than Allah."

Did Allah command the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to kill them if they refused?  No!  In the last send of the above ayat, he said:

If then they turn back say: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's will)."

There is no command to kills them or hunt them down or to persecute them in any way simply based upon the fact that they rejected Allah�s call to unit them in worshiping Him.  Why?  Because there simply is no compulsion to adhere believe in Islam and just because a person refuses to accept Islam is not grounds to kill them.

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions Fredifreeloader.

Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen wala- hawla  wala quwata illa billah

Sister Khadija

-------------

Date Posted: 28 February 2006 at 8:54am
Thanks Sister Khadija for enlightening about Islam, a peaceful religion.

To Freddie, Sister Khadija gave you another valueable answer that similar to what I had said earlier ie IT IS THE LAWs OF THE LAND THAT GOVERNED THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE LAW OF ISLAM in MALAYSIA.

Perhaps, it will be good for you to start making friends with any Muslim etc. This will widen your horizon and further your knowledge about other religion particularly, Islam. If you still cannot accept what has been said, please leave in peace. GOD/ALLAH bless you.

Date Posted: 28 February 2006 at 2:26pm

pauline - no religion that prescribes fighting for its adherents can be a peaceful religion

khadija - i will be offline for a few days, as im too busy, but will have more to say about the killing of converts from islam and why it happens

Date Posted: 01 March 2006 at 6:19am
Interesting, will be awaiting for your return.

Date Posted: 01 March 2006 at 6:28am
Keep reading your Qu'ran, Freddi!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2006 at 1:22am

Also Fredie, although most of the Malaysia's constitutions are not completely Islamic, it does not mean the country is not governed by Muslims. It is still an Islamic country and from the Muslim point of view in Malaysia, they called for a global peace through Peace Forum to criminalise warring countries like United States, Iran etc because the UN has failed. This is also to prevent more war in the future as the faith of the true Muslim is PEACE.

Regarding your input on the killing of converts from Islam, it is individuality as it depends on your mentality to perceive what is being taught by the Iman. If you have a strong mentality, you will be able to define between wrong-doing and righteousness.

Let me share with you this experience, there is this a con-artist from Singapore, came to Malaysia finding new friends to form a cult using the teachings of Buddhism. Three of the precepts in Buddhism is no adultery, no gambling and no drinking. However, this man so-called ex-monk shacked up with a married woman. He also loves to gamble, spending more money buying lottery and drinks alcoholic beverages.

He expressed himself as a psychic who knows the future and the past. It was quite accurate when he mentioned about someone's past. When questions were raised about his teachings, he said "I must not answer your questions". Now, when he said this, it depends on individual to intrepret the meaning. To me, it's pure ***edited*** To his girlfriend, he has a reason for not telling the truth. YOU SEE, IT ALL DEPENDS ON INDIVIDUALITY. Not all can detect the wolf in the sheep's clothings.

I refer to what Sister Khadija had shared that the Apostates are these people who pretend to be one holy preacher like this "con-artist". Therefore, to prevent these apostates from leading the faithful believer into the wrong path, they deserve a righteous punishment. When human fear god, human will not become devilish. This is to contain the negative behaviour. The natural law of effect is that not all human fear god and that the demonly human will self-interpret god's teachings and gone astray without realizing the effect of their consequences. It is similar to the saying of one black sheep in a family.

***Sorry Sister Pauline but the use of profanity is not allowed even if it is disguised with astrics and you intentions good.  Next time try using a word like "nonsense" or "ignorance", I think that will get your point across."***

Date Posted: 02 March 2006 at 2:19am
My apologies, sister Khadijah, thank you for highlighting this to me.

Date Posted: 02 March 2006 at 2:23am

Your welcome Sister Pauline.  Jazak Allah Khair!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net