URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35758
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 10:23am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Water and its importance
Posted By: kmjamal
Subject: Water and its importance
Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:10am
as salaam alaikum wa rahmtulaahi wa barakatu,

Water is mentioned over 100 times in the quran more than any other nutrient, this emphasis by Allah shows its importance.
the body is an electromechanical circuit and water is a conductor of electricity
the temperature and quality of water is important for consumption and we do the best we can in our circumstances.
According to classical Islamic scholar Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah(ra), water is the chief of drinks.it nourishes and conveys the nourishment, it�s a win win with water. Al Jawziyyah said it�s ideal virtues can be detective from 10 things:-

1.     Colour should be clear

2.     No smell

3.     Taste should be soft and sweet.(Zam Zam water is ultimate soft sweet taste)

4.     Its weight should be light and thin

5.     Its course should be pure

6.     Its source should be distant

7.     It should be open to sun and wind to blanche it as it travels its course

8.     Its movement should run swiftly

9.     Its abundant quantity should be that to repel any super fluidities in it

10.                        Its direction should be from north to south or from west to east.

When one reflects on all these values, they can only be found in four rivers; the Nile, the Euphrates, the Sayhun and the Jayhun. The prophet Muhammad , (salah la alaihi wa salem)said, according to hadith reports of Abu Hurayra (ra) �all of them are rivers of paradise�.

Al jawziyyah(ra) also said water strengthens the stomach, quenches the thirst and arouses the appetite.

For most of us who do not live by a pure river, it is sufficient to drink room temperature water that is clean.it is worth remembering that some filtered water is devoid of all mineral content which is vital for good health and so mineral must be consumed from other suitable food sources.

Replies:
Posted By: schmikbob
Date Posted: 17 March 2016 at 9:34pm
I don't get it. The Nile flows south to north. What does superfluidity have to do with drinking water??

Posted By: airmano
Date Posted: 18 March 2016 at 2:55am
@kmjamal

Don't you think that any person living in a desert (just as your prophet did) will not see/underline the importance of water ?

Airmano

-------------
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 28 March 2016 at 2:47am
This is so embarrassing. When can Muslims finally stop linking Quranic verses to science? It really makes Muslims look like they do lack intellect and reason. I'd like to converse with grown-up followers of Islam.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted By: Emma Santiago
Date Posted: 28 May 2016 at 3:58am
"Water is Life". It is said that Human body is made up of 70% water. The body needs 1-7 liters of water daily to function properly. You will be dehydrated without enough water,you will be thirsty, dry,and become weak. Your kidneys will be sick without sufficient water.Just try it yourself just a day without water and you will be able to give enough reasons why water is important. By the way, how would you have bath or a wash without water. Well, I could smell someone stinks over there without water!

Posted By: puneet12
Date Posted: 29 June 2016 at 4:02am
Water is one of the most important substances on earth. All plants and animals must have water to survive. If there was no water there would be no life on earth.

Posted By: Quranexplorer
Date Posted: 13 October 2016 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

This is so embarrassing. When can Muslims finally stop linking Quranic verses to science? It really makes Muslims look like they do lack intellect and reason. I'd like to converse with grown-up followers of Islam.

I think one option you have to stop people from linking Quran to science will be to remove the faculty of thinking from them. Oh yes, you will have to remove it not only from Muslims, but from all humans, as Quran has been challenging thinking minds irrespective of their religious background ( http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Science/scientists.html - Dr. Maurice Bucaille and More )

Now don't trouble yourself too much if you are finding such a linking difficult to fathom--I am only talking about thinking minds

Date Posted: 13 October 2016 at 7:28am

Quranexplorer
Quote Oh yes, you will have to remove it not only from Muslims, but from all
humans, as Quran has been challenging thinking minds irrespective of
their religious background ( http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Science/scientists.html - Dr. Maurice Bucaille and More )

---------------------------------------------
The rumor is:
- Bucaille got https://mukto-mona.com/Articles/skm/Religion_Science_Bucaille.htm - 6 Million Dollars from the Saudis for his book.
- Apparently he is buried on a catholic cemetery

Fact is:

- Both, More & Bucaille have been in close contact with Saudi Arabian authorities (and their cash flow).
(Shamed be who thinks evil of it!)

- None of the two ever converted to Islam.

- When asked on this subject a couple of years ago, Mr. More didn't want to comment on his own embryology statements. He replied something like: "It is now more than 10 years that I was involved in Islam, I do not remember the details anymore".
This sounds very much like a man that got deeply impressed by the Quranic knowledge.

- Every person reading an intro to embryology can see that the related Quranic statements� reflect exactly the state of knowledge of an illiterate man who lived about 1400 years ago.
------------------------------------

Ah, and your weblink also mentions Alfred Kroner as a fervent defender of the Quran, may be you should have a look at this little https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrSWJYRiYU - interview with Kroner. It teaches us a lot on how carelessly information is spread on these websites.

Airmano

-------------
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")

Posted By: Tim the plumber
Date Posted: 14 October 2016 at 4:35am
There are lots of other rivers that flow north to south and west to east.

There are lots that don't as well.

What is this all about??? What would you do with rivers that don't flow in the direction you want them to?? Send the Nile back to Africa??????

You can see why anybody who actually knows anything about anything has trouble with religious books.

Posted By: asep48garut60
Date Posted: 15 October 2016 at 7:08pm
Dear Matt Browne,

------------------
------------------

As we know that the science is always changing in accordance with the development of human's knowledge, therefore, Muslims can not be separated from the Quran as their guidance book, so that what was done by them in this world wasn't vain as mentioned in His word.

I am a Muslim who follows the development of science because there is the suggestion of God and the Prophet Muhammad, in addition to increase my knowledge, also to increase the belief in God. But it doesn't mean that I believe all of the scientist opinions, I'll believe the opinion of scientists if their opinion in accordance with the words of God who has created the humans brain.

In connection with science, the Quran can provide information about what can be explored by the humans on the phenomena in this universe, and what can not be explored by humans, so that what was done by humans not to be in vain.

Quran was revealed around the 6th century, while science and technology started around the 16th century.

Regards,
Asep

Posted By: adeeliqbal
Date Posted: 16 November 2017 at 1:09am
How much days we can survive without water???

Date Posted: 23 November 2017 at 1:55pm
Adeeligbal
Quote How much days we can survive without water???

It depends on where you are. In the open desert (just where your prophet lived) I guess in summer you wouldn't survive for more than two days, probably even less.

It is thus an extraordinary insight the prophet provided by informing us about the importance of water.

Must be a miracle I guess:        Airmano

-------------

Posted By: ZAHRA1234
Date Posted: 28 December 2018 at 2:51am
jazak Allah useful information

Posted By: Moizraza
Date Posted: 26 June 2019 at 12:51am
Water and its importance in Al Quran

The Holy Qur’an (23:18)

Until we actually stop to think about it, it can be easy to take the natural resource that is water for granted. While we do not tend to see or realise just how much water we waste on a daily basis; it is still something very valuable to life and something that many people around the world are lacking in and praying for.

Posted By: Moizraza
Date Posted: 26 June 2019 at 12:59am
Water and its importance in Al Quran ul kareem

وَ اَنْزَلْنَا مِنَ السَّمَآءِ مَآءًۢ بِقَدَرٍ فَاَسْكَنّٰهُ فِی الْاَرْضِ ﳓ وَ اِنَّا عَلٰى ذَهَابٍۭ بِهٖ لَقٰدِرُوْنَۚ(۱۸)

ترجمہ: کنزالایمان اور ہم نے آسمان سے پانی اُتارا ایک اندازہ پر پھر اُسے زمین میں ٹھہرایا اور بےشک ہم اس کے لے جانے پر قادر ہیں

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net