URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3492
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 3:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cats
Posted By: herjihad
Subject: Cats
Date Posted: 20 January 2006 at 9:07pm

Bismillah,

I love cats.  They are beautiful, soft, furry and lovable!  I think they see Jinn.  What do you think?

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Replies:
Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 20 January 2006 at 9:56pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

This is a subject that is dear to my heart. I have 5 inside cats and 4 permanent stray cats and a few stragglers that I feed outside. I just can't seem to get enough of them!

I don't know of anything Islamic to support whether or not they can see jinn, but animals are much more sensitive than humans and can see, hear, and smell things that we cannot. I know on a number of occasions my cats have all gotten up at once, their tails all fluffed out and freaky, looked in the same direction, and run. I don't know what they are looking at, but it makes me a little spooked out when they do that.

Ayutha Billameen a Shaytan Arajeem. Ayutha Billameen a Shaytan Arajeem. Ayutha Billameen a Shaytan Arajeem.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 20 January 2006 at 10:38pm

Bismillah

Hadith - Bukhari 3:553, Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar [Also in Muslim, Narrated Abu Huraira]

Allah's Apostle said, "A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger." Allah's Apostle further said, "(Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth.' "

Hadith - Muwatta 2.13

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ishaq ibn Abdullah ibn Abi Talha from Humayda bint Abi Ubayda ibn Farwa that her maternal aunt Kabsha bint Kab ibn Malik, who was the wife of the son of Abu Qatada al-Ansari, told her that once Abu Qatada was visiting her and she poured out some water for him to do wudu with. Just then a cat came to drink from it, so he tilted the vessel towards it to let it drink. Kabsha continued, "He saw me looking at him and said, 'Are you surprised, daughter of my brother?' I said, 'Yes.' He replied that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, cats are not impure. They intermingle with you .' "

Yahya said that Malik said, "There is no harm in that unless one sees impurities on the cat's mouth."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated 'Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin  

Dawud ibn Salih ibn Dinar at-Tammar quoted his mother as saying that her mistress sent her with some pudding (harisah) to Aisha who was offering prayer. She made a sign to me to place it down. A cat came and ate some of it, but when Aisha finished her prayer, she ate from the place where the cat had eaten. She stated: The Messenger of Allah said: It is not unclean: it is one of those who go round among you. She added: I saw the Messenger of Allah performing ablution from the water left over by the cat.

Hadith - Dawud, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah

The Prophet forbade payment for cat.

Note:  The name of Abu Hurayrah, a major authority on hadith, literally translates to "cat man" or "father of cats".  Both Abu Hurayrah and the Prophet enjoyed the presence of cats.

Courtesy of Muttaqun.com

-------------
MOCKBA

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 1:33am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

I know an expert on the issue may be she will tell us about cats,Sister Ummziba...

All i know about cats is they want to eat my squirrels, by the way i can not feed a cat tho the male squirrel is as big as cat and capable to fight with them...

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 5:11am

Assalamu alaikum,

Thanks for starting this topic, Sister Herjihad, perhaps it will be a thread without arguement or nastiness, insha'allah!  Mishmish, I have to agree, though there is no proof, that cats seem to be able to see and sense things that we do not!

Thanks for posting the ahadith about cats, Brother Mockba!  I knew there were some, but I always have trouble finding them.  When my dear friends children were bugging her to get a cat, she knew nothing about them and was very reluctant.  I told her to look in her ahadith collection, and she did find some.  After much research and reading and studying the subject, she and her husband agreed to get two cats, one for each of the children!  Almost a year later, they have no regrets.

Brother Suleyman, I am no expert, though, having had many cats all my life, I do know a bit about them!  What fanscinates me about cats is their intuition.  For example, whenever I raise my voice or cry, my cat runs right up to my face and studies me intently.  She does not like it when I am upset and knows my mood better than me!  She also senses when it is a good time to quietly go sleep out of the way or when my husband or I need her to cuddle on our lap.

Cats are (for the most part) intelligent, inquisitive, clean, great fun to have around and help keep our planet from being overrun by rodents!  Though I keep my cat indoors, there are two neighbourhood cats who keep my garden free of mice and voles, alhamdulillah!  So far, the chipmunks and black squirrels have managed to keep safe from them!

Here is a funny story ~ they say that grass is good for cats to eat, for their digestion.  Having an indoor cat, I thought it best to buy her a pot of cat grass so she could nibble it when she pleased.  To our chagrin, she is afraid of that pot of grass!

Most of all, I love that my cat prays salat with me.  She gets very upset if I go to pray and shut her out of the room!  When I listen to the Qur'an on CD, she enjoys it as well!  I view cats as one of Allah's great blessings He bestows on us!

I recall reading a story about a cat sleeping on the Prophet's (pbuh) clothing. When prayer time came, instead of disturbing the cat, he cut his clothes around her.  Has anyone else seen this story?  I would love to know if it is a real hadith or not.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 5:15am
Jazak Allah Khair Sister Ummziba,very relaxing thread....take care...

Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 8:54am

Assalamu Alaikum Sister Ummziba:

I think the story about cutting the clothing was about Abu Hurayrah because he had such great love for cats.

My cats are also very sensitive to my moods and will come to me if I am crying or upset. I recently read an article about how more and more nursing homes are keeping cats as residential pets. The cats seem to be able to sense when one of the elderly patients is nearing death and they will all gather around that patient. They will sit on the patient's bed and cuddle or just keep them company until they pass. The article said that some patients find this disturbing at first, and do not want the cats let into their rooms,but then usually find comfort and solace in the cats quiet and loving presence.

I am known as the "Crazy Cat Lady" around my neighborhood, and that's fine by me. Many is the morning I've gone outside and found a new kitten in my backyard. I'm not sure how they get here, but sometimes I think they have a little human help. I will bring them in and feed them until I find them a good inside home. I have had some success with this Al HamdilAllah. My permanent strays outside are the ones who were a liitle too wild for anyone to keep.

Two of my five inside cats were birthed by strays in my backyard. They are trying to help me type right now... 

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 11:15am

Assalamu Alaikum:

I finally found the story of Aby Hurayrah and the cat:

"The story behind how Abu Huraiyrah (R.A) acquired this name goes as follows. Abu Huraiyrah (R.A) was lying down on the ground sleeping. He only had one garment which he clothed himself in and also used the same material as a chadder to sleep on. It so happened that as he was sleeping a cat came and went to sleep on his chadder. The Zuhr Adhan went, and Abu Huraiyrah (R.A) woke up. He saw that a cat was sleeping on his chadder. He waited for the cat to wake up, but it didn�t. So the time of namaz was going, and Abu Huraiyrah (R.A) was put in a dilemma as to what to do. He did not want to disturb the cat, as he thought if he disturbed it then on the Day of Judgement he would be asked as to why he harassed a creature of Allah. So instead he tore his garment so that the part the cat was sleeping on would not be disturbed, and thereafter made his way to the Masjid. After Salaah the Prophet (SAW) on seeing Abu Huraiyrah (R.A) asked to how come his clothes were torn, when in the morning it had been a full garment. Abu Huraiyrah (R.A) related the incident of the cat to the Prophet (SAW). The Prophet (SAW) on hearing his story remarked that because Abu Huraiyrah (R.A) had shown mercy to a creature of this Ummah, Allah (SWT) would show mercy on him on the Day of Judgement. He was also given the title of �father of a cat� (Abu Huraiyrah) and thus he became known and referred to with this name. SubhanAllah."

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 11:41am

Wa alaikum salaam, Sister Mishmish,

Masha'allah!  Thank you for posting the story of the cat and Abu Huraiyrah!  I knew I had seen a story like this, but had forgotten most of it.  This time I will write it out in my notebook and then I will have it for future reference.  May Allah reward you for your effort.  Thank you!

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: Khadija1021
Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 12:34pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Herjihad, nice thread.  I am a cat lover.  I currently have two indoor cats that happen to have both looks and personalities that are like night and day.  I know there is no hadith or such regarding the ability of cats to see Jinns or Angels; however, I believe they can.  According to experts, a cat�s vision is designed for detecting motion.  Although we cannot see Jinns or Angels unless they manifest themselves to us, we know they exist and that at least some of them dwell on earth amongst us because we are told so in the Qur�an and Hadith this is so.  I believe that one of my cats in particular is highly attuned to the presence of Jinn.   I say this because I have sit and watched him watching something as it moved around in the apartment I used to live in just as if he was watching a person walking around.  Sometimes, he would walk over to something he saw and then sit and look up at it in the same manner he would do with me.   I have since moved into my daughter�s home.  Without going into detail, I will say that since moving here, my cat has on more than one occasion been laying calming when all of a sudden he would get up and start chasing something around the room until he could get it trapped in the corner of the room.  My cat would literally be standing guard in the corner watching over whatever it was he had chased up into the corner of the room.  He would stay there as if ready to pound it if it should come down from the upper part of the corner where he had chased it.  The first time he did it, I thought he had chased some type of insect but after closely examining the area, I could not find anything.   I have done the same every time I have seen him behave in this manner and I have never found anything that would lead him to act this way.  Oh, I should tell you that this cat is extremely shy and is not one to normally act this way.  He won�t allow anyone, including myself, to pick him up and I am the only human being he will allow to get close enough to pet him; he is that shy and reserved and has been that way since I got him at 5 weeks of age.  He is now 6 years old.  I believe that what he chases are bad Jinn.   I like to believe that in his own loving way, he is trying to protect me from the malevolence of bad Jinn that may come close to me.  I could be wrong, but I have no other explanation for this so out of character behavior of his. 

ALLAH HAFIZ

Sister Khadija

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Posted By: hakeema
Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 3:41pm

As-Salaam Alaikum,

I am a cat, dog, fish, bird, and all the animal of world lover.  I have a weakness for animals.  Just love animals, can't help it.  I have a fourteen year cat named poochie. I got her when I was fourteen year old.  She is so sweet.  Everytime when I get mad she just looks me and say everything will be fine.  I think cats(all animals) see and feel things.  I think we as humans are intuitive also.  After the tsunami hit on the news the locals were saying that the animals were acting strange before the tsumani hit.  I have birds to, a day before a thunderstorm they get quiet, they don't talk or do anything. 

I got a question though my husband bought the cat some catnip.  What in the world is in that stuff?  I let my cat smell it and she went nuts.  I took the bag of catnip from her because it was wrapped in plastic and she kept biting at it.  I didn't want the catnip to spill on the floor.  She got mad and bit me.  I tapped her on the nose lightly and took it from her.  She kept following me around looking at me like, where is the catnip, where did you put it.  So I put the catnip in the sock and she played with the sock.  I bought a catnip toy one time and she didn't like it. 

Hakeema

Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 5:36pm

Bismillah,

Cool!  I had to give up my foster cat today because the agency found an owner, and I was sad for myself but happy for her. Reading your cat stories has made me feel better.  Thanks y'all!

Cat Nip is an herb that cats love.  This cat has it in her toys and she loves to bat them around the room!  I hope it's not bad for them.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 21 January 2006 at 6:21pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

My cats go nuts over the catnip also. But their favorite thing is their feather and string on a stick toy. They never get tired of it.

My oldest cat Habibti is 11 or so, she was a shelter cat that adopted me 10 years ago and at that time they were guestimating her age.  In the last 1 1/2 years she has developed a disease called LPGS where she gets horrible ulcers in her mouth. There is no known cause, apparently her immune system just turned on itself. The bacteria around her back teeth are causing secondary infections, so after giving her all of the steroid shots that are safe we are going to have all of her back teeth removed Monday. Insha'Allah this will help. I am nervous because they will have to anesthetize her, but I am praying she will be fine.

My next oldest is my big orange and white boy MishMish, hence my name. He is shy and even though he weighs about 17 pounds, he is afraid of almost everything. I have friends that I have known for years who think he is a myth because they've never seen him.

Then I have my beautiful 5 1/2 year old Sukar. She loves to kiss and will give smooches to anyone. She's never met a stranger.

Then there's my big cameo boy Nimur. His mother is one of my stray cats that I feed. When we moved in here in 2001 she had just had a litter in the neighbors back yard. It was winter and all of the kittens had upper respiratory infections. 6 of the kittens died. I started putting food outside and she moved the rest to my yard so I was able to get them antibiotics and eye drops. Nimur's right eye was badly infected and is smaller than his left, but he is truly beautiful and likes to cuddle.

My baby is Hedeya. She was also one of the Mama cats kittens and I found her on the other side of my fence when she was 7 days old. She had the eye infection, but her eyes hadn't opened yet so her head was very swollen and I think the Mama cat had left her there to die. I used bar-b-que tongs to pull her through the fence and rushed her to the vet. She lost her right eye and the vision in her left is compromised, but she can see, Al HamdilAllah,  and she is the sweetest little girl. I bottle fed her from the time I found her at 7 days so she thinks she's human. She follows me everywhere and sleeps on my legs at night.

Well, that's my family and more than you probably wanted to know. They bring me so much joy and I thank Allah for them everyday.

-------------

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 23 January 2006 at 7:37am
Never give catnip to a half bobcat.  'Nuff said.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:45am

Animals are cool. They exist on different levels then we do. I also love elephants. They are quite sepctacular as well.

I have two cats. Recently I had to put one to sleep due to kidney failure and adopted another one from the Humane Society. So we are in a period of adjustment. They love the cat dancer toy. I brought to visit a friend and her cats were afraid of it. 

Somehow they just know not to walk on the prayer mat

I like this thread..

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 23 January 2006 at 11:02am

Assalamu alaikum,

I forgot to tell you that my cat snores...really loud, many different, strange sounds!  She is very small, maybe 8 pounds, and looks more like a 7 month old kitten in size.  It is so funny when this big, loud sound comes out of her when she sleeps!

Also, she has never liked any toy that we bought her, she would rather play with stuff from around the house.  Some of her favorite toys are the small straws that come with a tetra-pak juice box, tin foil balls, shoe laces, and her very favorite - pen caps!  She will repeatedly bring you a toy to throw for her, when she is in the mood.

I don't give her cat-nip (she gets too "drunk" from it), but I grow it in my garden (it is a lovely flower!).  I always try to remember to rub my hand through it before I come in from the garden so she can smell it and have a few minutes of joy from its effects!

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:01pm
Does anyone else's cat like to drink from the bathroom sink????  My black cat loves sink water....

Date Posted: 23 January 2006 at 1:39pm

All of my cats love drinking from the sink. My cat Nimur will get into  the bath when I get out before I have a chance to drain the tub. He justs gets in, stands there, then gets out.... He also carries socks from place to place. I find them in the strangest places.

Sukar likes to suck on my left earlobe. She has done this since she was a kitten and no matter how hard I try to get her to stop, she won't. She'll wait until I'm asleep and do it. My left ear is about 1/4 inch longer than my right ear now....

-------------

Date Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:21pm

Oh the Socks thing...its driving me crazy, I haven't had a matched pair in 8 years. 

Chabat, also loves anything black....suitcases, purses, laundry.  If its black...its her bed. 

Kamoko, she likes to find places that she can hide but yet see everything.  Its like playing Where's Waldo on a daily basis.

And as for toys, I have found two things they love more than anything.  The ring off of the Milk Jug and foil balls.  I gave up buying toys along time ago.  Oh, and Ben Gay...its like catnip...had a strained shoulder after a particularly nasty volleyball game and spent the next two days removing Chabat from my shoulder. 

I think my next cat is going to be named Quettah.  (And yes, I know it means Cat in arabic)

Date Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:55pm

Well, I just went and picked up Habibti from the vet and she is toothless and doped up but fine, Al HamdiAllah. She's my Ben Gay girl. She also loves the smell of ink and magic markers. If I leave any paper that I've just written on out where she can get to it she'll lick the ink off, or try to.

Hedeya, my little girl, loves to chew scotch tape. I'm not sure why. But she can hear me taping something three counties away...

-------------

Posted By: kaki
Date Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:03pm

My little love is called Little Miss Emmaline Pankhurst Kasmieh a big name for the little 2.2 pound kitten who came into my life. I named her after a famous suffragist ( http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/WpankhurstE.htm - http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/WpankhurstE.htm ) who worked in the anti-slavery movement and was an overall activist who wanted only good for her fellow humans. Emmaline came into my life through a friend who had fostered her after being found in a dumpster with her fellow littermates.  She looks like a Maine coon and weighs in at a very lean 14 lbs.  She was a tiny kitten and could fit into half a Kleenex box and is now the length of two from nose to base of tail.  She is very independent and lets me know that she is in charge at all times.  She also loves to drink water from the sink and will sit there until I turn the tap on for her.  She loves to cuddle with me at night and will sit on my chest purring loudly.  She used to have a ground squirrel as a friend (he lived under our deck) she would catch him and carry him by the bum to the door and show me what a great huntress she is and I would tell her to let him go, which she always did.  This would go on all summer and lasted for three summers till one day he was no longer in our yard.  She is my little fur daughter and brings great joy into my life.

Posted By: hakeema
Date Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:19pm

As-Salaam Alaikum,

Check out this website.  http://www.catoftheday.com - www.catoftheday.com .  It shows a cat everyday, and it tell the biographies of the cats.  It also has dogs and other animals on there as well.

Hakeema

Date Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:24pm

http://www.stealthpromotions.com/cat.htm - http://www.stealthpromotions.com/cat.htm

This was sent to me by email a number of years ago...

Date Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:36pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

This is hilarious: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4057591681481453187 - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4057591681481453187

-------------

Date Posted: 25 January 2006 at 2:41pm
I used to work for EDS, that's hilarious.

Posted By: Farrah
Date Posted: 28 January 2006 at 2:32pm

Assalaamualikum

I have a question about cats and dogs.  Why do some Muslims Consider Cats cleaner than dogs?  Also, where does it say in the Quran that it is permissible to have cats as pets and not dogs and/or that cats are cleaner than dogs?  Is it specified in the Sunnah or are there specific Ahadiths to support this idea?  I am curious.  I am on a quest for knowledge about Islam and house pet (My quest for this week!)

Date Posted: 28 January 2006 at 2:49pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Sister Farrah, there are ahadith about cats on page one of this thread (see Br. Mockba's and Sis. Mishmish's posts).  There are ahadith about dogs in the dog thread.  The fact that cats are considered clean and dogs not is not in the Qur'an (you won't find specifics there about many things, that is why Allah gave us further instructions through the Sunnah of the Prophet).  This information comes from the Sunnah.

For more info. on ahadith, see the "Qur'an and Sunnah" section of the forum - there is lots of good information there about these.

By the way, pigs and dogs are considered unclean because they both eat excrement (their own and others)!  Hope this was helpful.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 January 2006 at 8:36am

Bismillah,

I know some people will eat or drink after their cat or other animal, but I wouldn't unless I was literally starviing or dying of thirst!  I love cats, but they lick their buts, you know!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2006 at 8:02pm

This is another article I found. It always makes me cry. I must be in a sad mood lately....

Boy, the Story of a Feral

His eyes opened. He stretched, sniffed. The air was very warm and heavy with a storm, but it was morning yet. The storm wouldn't hit for another three or four hours. He still had time to get his chores done. He stretched again, shook his tired head and started out.

He had to protect his territory. Patrol its boundaries and keep the other predators out. Even his own kind. It was a constant struggle and the area wasn't that big. He had to constantly fight to keep this little piece of meadow to himself. Without a territory of his own, he wouldn't have enough to eat, a safe place to bed down during the day. He would be run off and would probably starve. That, and the need to produce offspring of his own, were the instincts that drove him. Relentlessly. Continuously.

He padded through the tall grass�smelling, feeling. He knew the large one had been near last night. He had heard it again. Very large. Not a cat, something else. He didn't know what it was, only that he had to stay clear of it. It was too big for him to tackle. He crept closer to the back of the apartment building across the lane. This was the back part of his rounds. If he could get across the lane and in the patio, there would be fresh water and some dried food waiting for him. He waited at the edge of the meadow, near the lane. Waited. Watched. Smelled.

And thought. This had been the fourth summer that he could remember. During his first summer, he had heard a human voice call out. It called out "Toy". When she did, a small calico cat had run to her and jumped into her arms. The feral crept closer and watched. The woman carried the cat to the small wooden gate of the patio, opened it and the calico jumped from her arms and straight to the food bowl. The calico only ate a few bites, then followed the woman inside. The feral cat slowly crept closer, quietly, softly. He came close to the gate. Saw that it had a hole cut into it at the bottom. Just large enough for a medium sized cat to get through. He stuck in head into the hole and smelled the food and water. He turned and ran. Fast. Across the lane and back into the meadow's tall grass. His heart beating and his breath coming in quick gasps, he finally rested, well out of range. He had taken a huge risk, but he filed what he had learned into his memory for future reference. Now, every time the woman called Toy, he came close to watch and just maybe�maybe he could ���

Today he would go through the cut in the gate with caution, but without much real fear. He would stop for a drink of the cool, fresh water and a nibble or two of the dried food. He hadn't seen the calico for a long, long time. Last fall it was. But still, every afternoon the woman would call. "Boy" is what she would call now. He knew it was for him. He knew that when she called his name, there would be fresh water and food waiting for him. He never did what the calico did, jump into her arms, but he knew she watched him. There was a peace between them. An understanding.

In his four summers he had been badly hurt many times. He had always found his way here. He thought of it as a magical place. When he was in pain and wounded badly, the food and water tasted differently. He healed quickly, but never put the two pieces of information together. He only knew it as his safe place. His refuge. Boy's place.

Today he saw it again. The toy with catnip inside. It was under the chair, in the shade. He had never smelled this delicacy before he was hurt the first time, but he came to really love that little stuffed, soft, thing. It was his. Here in his refuge. He went up to it and rubbed against its soft side. He knew better than to play with it today. He had too much to do. He made his sound of goodbye�a soft growl, and padded out the hole in the gate and back to his meadow.

The smell of the storm was stronger. He had to find a new, safe place to sleep for the afternoon. Somewhere out of the rain. He ran up one of his favorite trees, crawled deep into the branches and curled up under a canopy of leaves. He settled in to wait out the storm.

The wind picked up, swirling leaves and small branches everywhere. The big tree's branches shook, but his stayed steady. He knew it would. The rain started and came in gusts. The thunder was deep and strong. He had been close to lightning before, but he didn't smell any right now. His eyes closed and the sounds of the wind and rain lulled him to sleep.

Hours later he woke, hungry. Everything was still wet, but in the heavy dark air, it would dry soon. He smelled the air around him, listening, waiting. Not sensing anything near, he came out of his tree and started his hunt for food. He had fought many others for this rich field, and he knew every inch of it well. He quickly caught his first small meal and ate it on the run.

Several mice later, he found his other favorite tree and was about to jump up into it when something hit him from the back. He felt teeth sink into his neck, but he was able to free himself just as a huge paw slapped him back down. Something very large, black and fierce now had its teeth sunk into his rear leg. Boy aimed for the raccoon's eyes, red and glowing. He managed to hook his claws into one of those horrible eyes and he struggled with all of his might to rip it out. He had partially succeeded when the teeth let go. The cat tried to stand, but the raccoon attacked again. This time for the throat.

Boy struggled hard, but the harder he fought, the deeper the teeth sank into his flesh. He couldn't breathe. He was loosing blood too fast. Boy played dead. Just went limp. The raccoon shook him, again and again. Then dropped him and ambled off, deep into the woods.

Boy lay there, not daring to move. He knew he couldn't run, his back leg was hurt too badly. He felt the skin from the side of his face laying open, his blood seeping out. Still he waited. Finally he knew he had to move on. There were no sounds, no smells. But there had been none earlier, why? The rain, he thought. Probably. But it didn't matter now. All that mattered was that he make his way to his place of refuge. His safe place.

He slowly gathered himself and began to crawl, one slow inch at a time, toward the lane. Every minute was torture. Every halting step took more strength. He was near now. Slowly he came to the hole in the fence. He had always been careful to not leave a trail to the place, but now he didn't care. He couldn't care, he could only go there. He smelled the fresh water now, but he didn't want to drink. He only wanted the one thing that had brought him comfort before. His toy. He found it under the chair.

Boy took his good paw and pulled it to him. He settled down beside the water dish and placed his tired, torn head down on the toy. The delicious smell of it calmed him. The softness of it soothed him. He thought of those days, so long ago, when he could cuddle up to his siblings and rest. He held those thoughts as the darkness closed around him.

Just as he felt the last of his life fall away from him, he thought he heard his name. Boy. And the darkness took him.

-------------

Posted By: ayesha17
Date Posted: 22 February 2006 at 8:24pm

I LOVE my little cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her name is Cotton, and she weights about 6 pounds (she looks like a kitten, though she is 5 years old. She was a stray) She is very fluffy and sweet, and does her happy feet all the time. She had white and brown fluffy fur, thats why her name is cotton.

She will lay on my prayer rug and meow at me but shes mad at me, she will sneek into my room and mess up the prayer rug until its a ball!

But shes very demamding, in and out of room all the time, and when shes mad, I will know it because she wont speak to me. She also claims the outside wall of house to the 2nd story, and has her own brush and bed becuase she doesnt like sharing with out other cats. I think I should  put her on the fancy feast commicals.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 8:51am

Bismillah,

My mom brought a tiny, adorable cat by that someone was giving away at the store.  She is a puffy little black ball of cuteness!  What a joy she is running all over the place and chasing every little thing.  I think I'll foster another cat.

Peace

-------------

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 8:53am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

My mom brought a tiny, adorable cat by that someone was giving away at the store.� She is a puffy little black ball of cuteness!� What a joy she is running all over the place and chasing every little thing.� I think I'll foster another cat.

Peace

give her catnip + string of thread....

Posted By: Muslima
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 8:55am

Congratulations for your cat sister Herjihad!

I love them as well!

-------------
Allah Ou Akbar!

Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 9:18am

I've always loved all animals, and always had cats and dogs.  I once had a cat many years ago, named Fang.  He was very smart.  He would "fetch" just like a dog.  If we threw a toy down the hall, Fang would tear off after it, and come back with it in his mouth....where he would drop it in your lap or at your feet.  If I was asleep, he would hop up on the bed and drop a toy on me and meow.  I would be half asleep, but would pick it up and throw it across the room, which was his signal to go into action....and within a few seconds he'd be back with toy in mouth.  Ready to play "fetch" again.  The veterinarian said he had never seen a cat do this before.

Have any of your cats played "fetch" with objects around the house?

-------------
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 9:34am
does catnip works on every cat? patty?

I have tried with mine & it went crazy....

while some cats I tried with has no effect.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:04am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

I think it depends on the catnip.  If you get a good brand, the cat will love it....but if you get a cheaper "watered down" brand, it will have no effect on the cat.  Just like er, pot, you can get different qualities. (Not that I ever use marijuana.)!  Honestly, I don't.  Well, I did, back in my hippie days....but that was ions ago.   (Toldya I wasn't perfect.)

-------------
Patty

Posted By: Cassandra
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:14am

Almost green free, I scanned, looked over my shoulder, both ways, I hoped, I continued anyway, for the love of my two best friends:  Cats keep you humble.  I don�t know who said that.  Actually, it might have been me.  Thank you Herjihad for starting this thread, after the day I�ve had, I really needed it.

P.S.  Thank you posting the Haddith about cats.  Cats, especially black ones, have not had it so good through the "Christian Church":  does anyone know a supporting Bible reference, or anywhere else; hey, I am multi-spiritual (have a Masters in it, before anyone gets "involved").  C

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:15am
can you post ur cats pic? herjihad?

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:21am
Am I too big now, by the way?  Someone told me recently my text was too small.  I feel a bit like I'm shouting (would rather whisper).  Won't change my TNR though; it�s kind of a signature with me.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Just like er, pot, you can get different qualities. (Not that I ever use marijuana.)!

Did you saw lepercons chasing you down the street?

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:35am

Just like er, pot, you can get different qualities. (Not that I ever use marijuana.)!

Did you saw lepercons chasing you down the street?

I suppose that's better than seeing neocons chasing you down the street..

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

I see them doing that every day

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:38am

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

I see them doing that every day

Sounds like a real bad trip man.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:53am

COLIN!!!! CATS, OK?  CATS!!!!!!

SOME OF US HAVE REALLY HAD IT WITH THE POLITICS FOR ONE DAY! NOT EVERYONE HAS BEEN OUT FISHING, OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE BEEN DOING WHEN WE NEEDED YOU THE MOST!

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:57am
There is no biblical information to support the Inquistional claim cats were satanic.  However, Cats were sacred animals to the Pagan peoples and thus because the Pagans obviously worshipped Satan, cats were Satanic.  The Inquisitors had a lot of messed up ideas about the Pagan (which means rural) religions of Europe and other areas.  However, the only cats I really remember very well in the Bible are the Lions that refused to eat Daniel.  I wouldn't think that was bad.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:58am

"NOT EVERYONE HAS BEEN OUT FISHING, OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE BEEN DOING WHEN WE NEEDED YOU THE MOST!"

He was out walking his cat!  Sorry, couldn't help it!

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:59am
The Bible does refer to the Lions lying down with the Lambs.  Do lions count?  They are cats afterall, or more specifically, members of the canine family.

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:01am
Not true about black cats.....my cat, Fang, was solid black!  He was soooooooo cool!

-------------
Patty

Posted By: foody
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:23pm

I LOOOOVEE cats, I have three cats at home, one of them is big but SUPER BEYOND FLUFFY AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooofffffttttttttttttttttttt!!! !!!!

WOW is that cat sOOoooftt or what! I just love it when the cats sit down and their back legs fluff up as they sit, heheh I go hysterical I just have to kiss the cat....I must kiss them..sometimes they are annoyed by me..but I always blame them for been to damn fluffy!

I tell them as they look at me with lazy eyes it is your fault you are just too damn fluffy!

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:34pm

I have 2 girls that share my inside dwelling and about 20 cats outside that share the food I put outside for them. I think my grey cat Missy sees Jinn..She is always chasing shadows! Her favorite sleeping spot is my prayer rug!

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 28 June 2006 at 3:21pm

can you post ur cats pic? herjihad?

Bismillah,

There was a slight logistical problem with that request.  I had the camera and no batteries.  I bought the batteries, and the camera got left in a car which was gone for the day.  Now, the kitty has travelled away with mom.  Well, there is a good part to missing the kitty.

Names people thought of for this puffball, black kitty:  Manson, Thumbelina, Kalua, Jade (green eyes), Mitten, Shadow, Jumper and believe it or not Falujah and Haditha. (I thought it would cause people to think, and mom thought the names had a pretty sound to them.)

Peace

-------------

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:58pm

Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Am I too big now, by the way?  Someone told me recently my text was too small.  I feel a bit like I'm shouting (would rather whisper).  Won't change my TNR though; it�s kind of a signature with me.

Just take the bold off  then it'll be perfect

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:00am

I think it depends on the catnip.  If you get a good brand, the cat will love it....but if you get a cheaper "watered down" brand, it will have no effect on the cat. 

ak, I have had 5 cats (well the 5th cat is around) none of them took to catnip, its half a myth  but I guess patty could have have a point.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:13am

I've always loved all animals, and always had cats and dogs.  I once had a cat many years ago, named Fang.  He was very smart.  He would "fetch" just like a dog.  If we threw a toy down the hall, Fang would tear off after it, and come back with it in his mouth....where he would drop it in your lap or at your feet.  If I was asleep, he would hop up on the bed and drop a toy on me and meow.  I would be half asleep, but would pick it up and throw it across the room, which was his signal to go into action....and within a few seconds he'd be back with toy in mouth.  Ready to play "fetch" again.  The veterinarian said he had never seen a cat do this before.

Have any of your cats played "fetch" with objects around the house?

Was your cat a turkish van? it is known that these cats are the only ones to fetch and have a love of water.

My cat does the same, play fetch, he'll chase the frisbee in the backyard to and I'm sure if he could bring it back, but I like the way he sits on it thou, as if its mine its mine, lol!

The dog, well she just stands there and stares at it the frisbee or ball  so much for the dog playing fetch

My cat is half turkish van and tabby and is 6 and half years old. I have this stocking rolled up in a oblong ball that we call a mouse, mum made it up, there's 2. Once I was sitting at the entrance of the hall and threw it and he came back with it and I did this a few times until it dawned me that we were doing fetch  its his favourite past time and also he perfers long distance than short  

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:14am

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

However, the only cats I really remember very well in the Bible are the Lions that refused to eat Daniel.  I wouldn't think that was bad.

the lions probably weren't hungry.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:18am

The Bible does refer to the Lions lying down with the Lambs.  Do lions count?  They are cats afterall, or more specifically, members of the canine family.

Ummm....you mean feline family

Yes lions counts, I watched and abserve other cats and it does not matter what size a cat is, they all act the same  A cat is a cat no matter what size

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:21am
Originally posted by foody foody wrote:

one of them is big but SUPER BEYOND FLUFFY AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooofffffttttttttttttttttttt!!! !!!!

lol! I know what you mean, my cat is big and so fluffy and soft.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:24am

oh my 7 posts in a row

think I better shut up now   

-------------

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:25pm

Bismillah,

I know some people will eat or drink after their cat or other animal, but I wouldn't unless I was literally starviing or dying of thirst!  I love cats, but they lick their buts, you know!

Assalaamu alaikum sis

Shukran for the good laugh..I have never thought of it that way!!

Wassalaam

maryah

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 01 July 2006 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Bismillah,

Assalaamu alaikum sis

Shukran for the good laugh..I have never thought of it that way!!

Wassalaam

maryah

Bismillah,

Afwan!

-------------

Posted By: najamsahar
Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:30am
I cant upload my cats pict...any one help

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net