Print Page | Close Window

'an astonishingly sensible guide'

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34855
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 4:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 'an astonishingly sensible guide'
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: 'an astonishingly sensible guide'
Date Posted: 05 November 2015 at 11:35am
I saw this statement in the Islam for non-muslims forum, and would like to ask a question.
"... within what is an astonishingly sensible guide for people even today..."
I wonder if a muslim could outline for me exactly what this means?
In what way is the qur'an "an astonishingly sensible guide"?
Can someone specifically tell me what they think are the guides of the qur'an so that I can have a better understanding?

Thank you and salaam.

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Replies:
Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 07 November 2015 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I saw this statement in the Islam for non-muslims forum, and would like to ask a question.
"... within what is an astonishingly sensible guide for people
even today..."
I wonder if a muslim could outline for me exactly what this means?In what way is the qur'an "an astonishingly sensible guide"?Can someone specifically tell me what they think are the guides of the qur'an so that I can have a better understanding?Thank you and salaam.

The answer to this could fill up a few pages, however to simplify this it goes something like this.....

The Qur'an and all previous scriptures from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala are an instruction manual for mankind. It outlines the right and wrong of our conducts, it tells us how to live our lives in righteousness, it tells us what to eat and what not to eat, it tells us what kinds of relationships are right and wrong.

Without this guidance mankind will descent into depravity and sin. For example, if we don't know that devil worship is wrong, we will possibly offer human sacrifice and possibly kill many children without thinking too much.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 08 November 2015 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

"... within what is an astonishingly sensible guide for people
even today..."
I wonder if a muslim could outline for me exactly what this means?In what way is the qur'an "an astonishingly sensible guide"?Can someone specifically tell me what they think are the guides of the qur'an so that I can have a better understanding?Thank you and salaam.

The answer to this could fill up a few pages, however to simplify this it goes something like this.....

The Qur'an and all previous scriptures from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala are an instruction manual for mankind. It outlines the right and wrong of our conducts, it tells us how to live our lives in righteousness, it tells us what to eat and what not to eat, it tells us what kinds of relationships are right and wrong.

Without this guidance mankind will descent into depravity and sin. For example, if we don't know that devil worship is wrong, we will possibly offer human sacrifice and possibly kill many children without thinking too much.

Greetings Abu Loren,

"possibly kill many children without thinking too much"

Well that part is already happening.  Unhappy

I get the, what to eat and what not to eat, without any further elaboration,
but could you elaborate for me on some of the other things?

Thanks,
Caringheart

-------------
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Date Posted: 09 November 2015 at 3:58am

Greetings Abu Loren,"possibly kill many children without thinking too much"Well that part is already happening.� [IMG]smileys/smiley6.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Unhappy" />I get the, what to eat and what not to eat, without any further elaboration,but could you elaborate for me on some of the other things?Thanks,Caringheart

What other things?

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 09 November 2015 at 9:29pm

Greetings Abu Loren,"possibly kill many children without thinking too much"Well that part is already happening.  [IMG]smileys/smiley6.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Unhappy" />I get the, what to eat and what not to eat, without any further elaboration,but could you elaborate for me on some of the other things?Thanks,Caringheart

What other things?

Greetings Abu Loren,
How does the qur'an 'outline the right and wrong of your conduct?
What is it about the qur'an that informs your day to day life, that makes you consider it 'an astonishingly sensible guide'?
What does the qur'an bring that the Bible does not?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 10 November 2015 at 3:43am
Like before if our parents are scolding us instead of answering back we should know Allah in ch 17 v 23-24 of Quran says worship only Allah if your parents or parent getsold be good to them don't backfire at them and pray to Allah to shower mercy on them in a way they raised us in our childhood.

Date Posted: 10 November 2015 at 11:43am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Like before if our parents are scolding us instead of answering back we should know Allah in ch 17 v 23-24 of Quran says worship only Allah if your parents or parent getsold be good to them don't backfire at them and pray to Allah to shower mercy on them in a way they raised us in our childhood.

Greetings NABA,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you understand what the following surah means:

17:29 And let not thy hand be chained to thy neck nor open it with a complete opening, lest thou sit down rebuked, denuded.

I do not know what it is saying.

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 10 November 2015 at 3:15pm
* تفسير Tanw�r al-Miqb�s min Tafs�r Ibn �Abb�s
{ وَلاَ تَجْعَلْ يَدَكَ مَغْلُولَةً إِلَىٰ عُنُقِكَ وَلاَ تَبْسُطْهَا كُلَّ ٱلْبَسْطِ فَتَقْعُدَ مَلُوماً مَّحْسُوراً }

(And let not thy hand be chained to thy neck) let your hand not refrain from spending and giving gifts as would the person whose hand is chained to his neck (nor open it) in spending and giving gifts (with a complete opening) in spendthriftness. He says: do not give everything you have to one needy person or to one relative and leave all the rest, (lest thou sit down) lest you remain (rebuked) reproached by the needy and kinsmen, (denuded) cut off from kinsmen and the needy, without any wealth left. It is also said that this verse was revealed about a woman who asked for the shirt of the Prophet (pbuh). The latter took his shirt off, gave it to her and remained with his top bare. So Allah forbade him from doing so, telling him: do not open your hand completely when spending to the extent that you take off your shirt and give it away, and thus remain naked and blamed by people for remaining naked.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 11 November 2015 at 2:17pm

* تفسير Tanw�r al-Miqb�s min Tafs�r Ibn �Abb�s
{ وَلاَ تَجْعَلْ يَدَكَ مَغْلُولَةً إِلَىٰ عُنُقِكَ وَلاَ تَبْسُطْهَا كُلَّ ٱلْبَسْطِ فَتَقْعُدَ مَلُوماً مَّحْسُوراً }

(And let not thy hand be chained to thy neck) let your hand not refrain from spending and giving gifts as would the person whose hand is chained to his neck (nor open it) in spending and giving gifts (with a complete opening) in spendthriftness. He says: do not give everything you have to one needy person or to one relative and leave all the rest, (lest thou sit down) lest you remain (rebuked) reproached by the needy and kinsmen, (denuded) cut off from kinsmen and the needy, without any wealth left. It is also said that this verse was revealed about a woman who asked for the shirt of the Prophet (pbuh). The latter took his shirt off, gave it to her and remained with his top bare. So Allah forbade him from doing so, telling him: do not open your hand completely when spending to the extent that you take off your shirt and give it away, and thus remain naked and blamed by people for remaining naked.

Greetings Abu Loren,

Thank you.

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net