Forum Description: It is devoted for Science & Technology
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34559
Printed Date: 27 April 2024 at 10:57pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The EARTH is a CUBE!
Posted By: Abu Loren
Subject: The EARTH is a CUBE!
Date Posted: 21 September 2015 at 3:43am
Today in the 21st Centrury there are no definite proof of the shape of the Earth that we live in. Amazingly there are no definite photographs of the Earth neither to put to bed the continuing debate and assumptions about the Earth. This is because it is impossible to go into outer space and take a photogaph of the Earth. Any man made vehicle can only go so far up to the sky and when it reaches that limit then there are no fuel nor navigatinal systems in existence that can carry this vehicle away from the Earth.

For over five hundred years mankind have been indoctrinated by pseudo science where theories about anything and everything seems to rule. They cannot prove these theories but once academia accept somebody's theory then it immediately becomes fact and becomes part of the school curriculum.
As far back as history goes people believed that the Earth was flat. The logical reason that they believed this could be attributed to religious thinking, in the Bible and in many ther Eastern religious texts it clearly mentions that the Earth is flat.

In recent years people have begun to accept that not only is the Earth flat but the outer boundaries are circular. There is a problem with this hypothesis in that when we go up a few miles up in the air and we look at the horizon, it clealry shows that it is almost perfectly straight. A circular Earth would also have a degree of curvature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kaaba-plan.svg - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kaaba-plan.svg  ">

The Ka'baa, a perfectly cube black building in Mecca, Saudi Arabia and which is a holy place in Islam and is a qibla  or direction for all Muslims whilst they are offering their daily prayers is a blue print of the Earth. The Ka'baa is a representation of the dimentions of the Earth. Furthermore, the Hatim on the right hand side is a plan of the sky, undoubtedly making clear that the sky is indeed a solid structure, the firmament as described in the Bible. It is built at the epicentre of the Earth by Prophet Ibrahim and his eldest son Ismail (Peace and Blessings be upon them both). It is was a direct order from God Almighty Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. All believers are ordered to make pilgrimage to the Ka'baa if they are able to and once there part of the ceremony is to circumbvelate the Ka'baa seven times anti-clock wise. The reason for this is to acknowledge the seven Earths in seven heavens, so one circulation per Earth.

LA ILAHA ILLALLAH! 

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Replies:
Posted By: TG12345
Date Posted: 21 September 2015 at 4:33am
LOL don't stop, Abu Loren. Keep telling it like it is.

Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 21 September 2015 at 5:10pm
LOL 

Okay, I'm up against http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poes_law - Poe's Law here!  You CAN'T be serious??!?  Wacko

-------------
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.

Date Posted: 22 September 2015 at 2:53am
Exactly what I expected from people who don't know any better.

Prove to me and the world that the earth is a spinning ball. :)

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 22 September 2015 at 3:00am
If anybody wants to argue the case in point they are welcome to do so with valid arguments from the thread.

Thank you.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 22 September 2015 at 3:28am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba#/media/File:Kaaba-plan.svg

Notice the three pillars inside the ka'baa, this denotes the three great mountain ranges on earth. Namely The Andes, The Alps and The Himalayas.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Posted By: airmano
Date Posted: 22 September 2015 at 7:18am
Quote AbuL:
Notice the three pillars inside the ka'baa, this denotes the three great mountain ranges on earth. Namely The Andes, The Alps and The Himalayas.

Gush, God has forgotten the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus - Caucasus with mountains higher than the Alps.

Just an illusion I guess: Airmano

-------------
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")

Date Posted: 22 September 2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Exactly what I expected from people who don't know any better.

Just http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33937&PID=199472#199472 - three days ago you were telling me that the earth was flat.  Suddenly now it's a cube???  Funny, I hardly even felt the tremor. Wink

Quote Prove to me and the world that the earth is a spinning ball. :)

Been there, done that.  Multiple different ways.

Prove to me that it's flat / a cube.

Oh, by the way: your own Wikipedia link refutes you.  The Kaaba is not a cube.  It is about two metres longer than it is wide.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 September 2015 at 12:55am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Gush, God has forgotten the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus - Caucasus with mountains higher than the Alps.

Just an illusion I guess: Airmano

Yes the Caucasus' don't count because it is not in line with the other three. If you look at the flat earth map that i provided in another thread you will see that the other three mountain ranges are in a perfect line. :) 

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 23 September 2015 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Just http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33937&PID=199472#199472 - three days ago you were telling me that the earth was flat.  Suddenly now it's a cube???  Funny, I hardly even felt the tremor. Wink

Yes the Earth IS flat. The Earth is at the TOP of the cube with the Oceans and mountains arranged on a flat surface. The bottom part of the cube consists of rocks, minerals and sand.

By the way, the Russians apparently dug eight miles down from the surface of the Earth and then they encountered extreme heat that they had to give up. So the bottom part of this cube extends miles and miles down.

Been there, done that.  Multiple different ways.

Prove to me that it's flat / a cube.

Ron Mo you haven't convinced any sane person on this forum except the scientific types like yourself.

Oh, by the way: your own Wikipedia link refutes you.  The Kaaba is not a cube.  It is about two metres longer than it is wide.

Yes no problem, like I said above the rest of the Earth going down is made up of rocks, minerals and sand. It doesn't matter if it's a few miles longer.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 23 September 2015 at 1:06am
IT'S POINTLESS DEBATING WITH YOU GUYS BECAUSE ONLY A SPIRITUAL PERSON WILL UNDERSTAND THIS.

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW THE A OF THE A-Z OF RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS.

wHAT WAS THE NAME OF ABRAHAM'S (ALAYHI SLAAM) FATHER?

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 23 September 2015 at 6:03am
Abul: wHAT WAS THE NAME OF ABRAHAM'S (ALAYHI SLAAM) FATHER?

It doesn't matter.
Abraham in his described form almost certainly never existed. I guess he was an historical person that was given cult-status afterwards.
Once this is done you have all sorts of legends and stories knitted around such a figure, especially when all opposing voices have been silenced.
If you want to follow such a process in real time just have a look at Kim Il Sung.

Be that as it may, there are no known traces of him: No coins, no buildings (forget the Kaaba in this context), no independent observations, no inscription.

Nothing but copy and paste.

So if the biblical Abraham himself didn't exist, why should I bother about his alleged parents ?

Airmano

-------------
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")

Date Posted: 24 September 2015 at 9:55pm
Hi Abu Loren,

I feel like I should respond, but I really don't know what to say.  I gather from the ALL CAPS post that you are upset, and I'm sorry if we have caused this.  But really, after weeks of trying to convince me that the earth is flat you suddenly come up with the idea that it is a cube -- and then try to pretend that it's the same thing -- what kind of reaction were you expecting?

The map of the flat earth that you showed me in the previous discussion ("The Moon, Part 2") is circular.  I don't see how it can be reconciled with the surface of a cube, which would be a square.  If it is a square, where are the corners, and why has no one ever seen them?

These are certainly not scientific ideas, nor are they Islamic as far as I know.  Where are you getting this stuff, and why do you believe it? Confused

Ron

-------------

Date Posted: 25 September 2015 at 3:27am

Hi Abu Loren,I feel like I should respond, but I really don't know what to say.� I gather from the ALL CAPS post that you are upset, and I'm sorry if we have caused this.�

LOL I don't get angry on the internet, I don't why I used caps as i also know that people use caps to show anger.

I get frustrated with people who don't understand, I mean you give them the answer but they keep coming back with the same questions and argue with you when you give them evidence contrary to what they are saying.

But really, after weeks of trying to convince me that the earth is flat you suddenly come up with the idea that it is a cube -- and then try to pretend that it's the same thing -- what kind of reaction were you expecting?

Yes I know I did not express it very clearly. The flat earth map is a good guidance but now I believe the earth is the shape of the Ka'baa so that map should be re-drawn (by me?) to be a square or a rectangle.

The map of the flat earth that you showed me in the previous discussion ("The Moon, Part 2") is circular.� I don't see how it can be reconciled with the surface of a cube, which would be a square.� If it is a square, where are the corners, and why has no one ever seen them?

I used the square flat earth map at the time that I believed it to be circular, but only in the last couple of days that I am certain that the earth is flat but square.
It was only watching https://youtu.be/LMajARRyeDc - https://youtu.be/LMajARRyeDc that I became convinced of this fact. If you look at the end of the video you will see that people are either doing Hajj and they are walking counter-clockwise and it looks like the stars are going around the earth.

These are certainly not scientific ideas, nor are they Islamic as far as I know.� Where are you getting this stuff, and why do you believe it? [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Confused" />Ron

Of course people can argue that my idea is completely crazy, that is their right. But I want somebody to challenge me in a religious way, meaning that to me it looks blatantly obvious that the Ka'baa is a symbol from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 25 September 2015 at 3:47am
Can you guys answer the question?

What was the name of the father of Abraham (Alayhi salaam)?

The reason I ask this is because you guys argue from a point where you don't understand what the other side is coming from.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 25 September 2015 at 7:18am

It was only watching https://youtu.be/LMajARRyeDc that I became convinced of this fact. If you look at the end of the video you will see that people are either doing Hajj and they are walking counter-clockwise and it looks like the stars are going around the earth.

So you just made it up yourself.  Or are you saying that Allah gave you this knowledge, i.e. that you are a prophet?

Quote Of course people can argue that my idea is completely crazy, that is their right. But I want somebody to challenge me in a religious way, meaning that to me it looks blatantly obvious that the Ka'baa is a symbol from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

How can somebody challenge you "in a religious way" unless this is a religious idea?  And if it is a religious idea, then it is clearly an innovation (bid'ah).

What was the name of the father of Abraham (Alayhi salaam)?

It takes about five seconds to Google "father of Abraham" and get the answer: according to the Bible, Terah; according to the Quran, Azar.  So what is our point?

-------------

Posted By: Tim the plumber
Date Posted: 25 September 2015 at 2:12pm
Abu,

Do you understand how navigation works?

I know that you do not, so really it's a bit unfair to ask, but people have been sailing to distant islands out of site of any other place and finding them time and again for several centuries. They have been able to do so by using maths based on the idea that the world is a sphere. That it is rotating. That the Sun and the stars are far away.

If you fly up to high altitude, higher than a normal comercial passenger jet, you can begin to see the curvature of the earth.

P.S. To all others; The agrument for there being any sort of God holds no more water in my mind that Abu's talk about the shape of the earth. All equally silly.

Date Posted: 26 September 2015 at 3:21am

So you just made it up yourself.� Or are you saying that Allah gave you this knowledge, i.e. that you are a prophet?

I put 2 and 2 together and came up with the answer 4.

By watching that video it seemed obvious to me that Allsh Subhana Wa Ta'ala made the Ka'baa right bang in the centre of the earth depicting the dimensions of the earth. This is how the earth looks if you view it from outside of the earth which is not possible for human beings. Also the reason that people are ordered to make tawaf seven times around the Ka'baa means that it is one circulation per earth. There are seven earth's in seven heavens. The original Ka'baa in heaven. All of these are perfectly in line.

I am not a prophet that would take me out of the fold of Islam if I claim to be a prophet. Far from it, people who know me probably say that I am an AH. :P

How can somebody challenge you "in a religious way" unless this is a religious idea?� And if it is a religious idea, then it is clearly an innovation (bid'ah).

What I meant was that people like you know next to nothing about Islam and are not 'spiritual' people so it is pointless debating religious things with your types.

I wanted somebody who knows and perhaps studied Islam, even basic knowledge and challenge my thread. Certainly claiming that the Ka'baa is a blueprint of the earth is a bold statement, so I want somebody to pick the things that they think are preposterous from my thread.

It takes about five seconds to Google "father of Abraham" and get the answer: according to the Bible, Terah; according to the Quran, Azar.� So what is our point?

Exactly, you had to 'google' it to find out. A religious person would have known the answer instantly without such tools. You guys have to search and decipher information from the internet to challenge a religious statement.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 26 September 2015 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Abu,Do you understand how navigation works?I know that you do not, so really it's a bit unfair to ask, but people have been sailing to distant islands out of site of any other place and finding them time and again for several centuries.They have been able to do so by using maths based on the idea that the world is a sphere. That it is rotating. That the Sun and the stars are far away.

Timothy no offence but debating with you is like talking to a five year old child who is just beginning to know the ways of the world.

Yes people have been traversing the seas for a few millennium without using maps but using the stars. The earth does not have to be a 'sphere' for somebody to go from A to B. If you look at the flat earth map that I provided, you will see that it is possible to travel the world without the earth being flat. If you put modern sailing or shipping char ton top of the flat earth it will fit nicely.

If you fly up to high altitude, higher than a normal comercial passenger jet, you can begin to see the curvature of the earth. P.S. To all others; The agrument for there being any sort of God holds no more water in my mind that Abu's talk about the shape of the earth. All equally silly.

I've already said that all the photos that exist today of the earth are hoaxes. Nobody has yet taken a photo of the earth from 'outer space' because it is not possible for human beings to venture into outer space. If they ever do then what they will find is the earth being a cubical shape and we are at the top of it and bordered by either a square or a rectangular 'edge'.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 26 September 2015 at 7:45pm

By watching that video it seemed obvious to me that Allsh Subhana Wa Ta'ala made the Ka'baa right bang in the centre of the earth depicting the dimensions of the earth. This is how the earth looks if you view it from outside of the earth which is not possible for human beings. Also the reason that people are ordered to make tawaf seven times around the Ka'baa means that it is one circulation per earth. There are seven earth's in seven heavens. The original Ka'baa in heaven. All of these are perfectly in line.

"It seemed obvious"?  The http://kaheel7.com/eng/index.php/numeric-miracle/61-number-7-in-the-holy-quran - number 7 occurs over and over again in the Quran and in Islamic mythology generally; but this has nothing to do with the shape of the earth, and there is nothing in the video that even suggests it.  You are asserting that the earth is a cube based on nothing more than your own authority.

Quote I am not a prophet that would take me out of the fold of Islam if I claim to be a prophet.

Exactly.  But if you are making assertions about religious matters on no other authority than your own, then you are walking a dangerous line.  Not that the shape of the earth is a religious matter, but you seem to think so.

Quote Exactly, you had to 'google' it to find out. A religious person would have known the answer instantly without such tools. You guys have to search and decipher information from the internet to challenge a religious statement.

How does knowing the name of Abraham's father help us to understand the shape of the earth?

Originally posted by Abu Loren (responding to Tim) Abu Loren (responding to Tim) wrote:

I've already said that all the photos that exist today of the earth are hoaxes. Nobody has yet taken a photo of the earth from 'outer space' because it is not possible for human beings to venture into outer space.

They're all hoaxes?  You mean not just NASA, but the http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/10/30/chang_e_5_photo_of_moon_and_earth.html - Chinese are part of this "hoax"?  And http://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow/earth-from-space/#10 - Europe ?  And http://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow/earth-from-space/#5 - India ?  And http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/12/3016254/russian-satellite-earth-from-space-121-megapixels - Russia ??

Gosh, it's hard to imagine all these countries cooperating on anything, let alone a global conspiracy of this magnitude. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 27 September 2015 at 6:01am

"It seemed obvious"?  The http://kaheel7.com/eng/index.php/numeric-miracle/61-number-7-in-the-holy-quran - number 7 occurs over and over again in the Quran and in Islamic mythology generally; but this has nothing to do with the shape of the earth, and there is nothing in the video that even suggests it.  You are asserting that the earth is a cube based on nothing more than your own authority.

There are people who claim that the earth is like a spinning top, with the foundation of the earth going down to miles below ground. Also there are myths from various religions that depict a flat earth on top of a structure. For example, the vedic 'Disc World' depicts the earth situated on top of turtles. I believe all of these originate from the one true religion of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala when there was only one religion then peopel began to divide and go their seperate ways then they began to 'imagine' or add to the original religion which is Islam.

You answer this then. Why do pilgrims go aorund the Ka'baa seven times anti-clockwise?

Islam is is not a myth. It is the only True religion of God Almighty.

I am asserting that the earth is a cube by deducing that the Ka'baa is a blue print of the shape of the earth. I know that many people will be laughing at this idea but hey...  

If you look at the video you will see that viewing from the top it looks like the people are like stars going around the earth.

Exactly.  But if you are making assertions about religious matters on no other authority than your own, then you are walking a dangerous line.  Not that the shape of the earth is a religious matter, but you seem to think so.

I am not making assertions about religious matters, I don't have the authority. The shape of the earth is a religious matter in the sense that if I am right, then the Ka'baa proves the existence of God Almighty. It means that He deliberately put the shape f the earth at the centre of the world in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

How does knowing the name of Abraham's father help us to understand the shape of the earth?

It was just a test. You and other atheists love to argue on religious matters when you have not knowldege, not even the basics. You guys quickly consult sheikh google to find out what we are talking about then come back and argue with us like you are experts.

They're all hoaxes?  You mean not just NASA, but the http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/10/30/chang_e_5_photo_of_moon_and_earth.html - Chinese are part of this "hoax"?  And http://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow/earth-from-space/#10 - Europe ?  And http://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow/earth-from-space/#5 - India ?  And http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/12/3016254/russian-satellite-earth-from-space-121-megapixels - Russia ??

Gosh, it's hard to imagine all these countries cooperating on anything, let alone a global conspiracy of this magnitude. LOL

What's so funny? Of course it's a global conspiracy. Anybody that says that the earth is a globe and that they have a 'space programme' are not telling the truth.

These rockets that they love to show us going up can only go up so high then they have to come down. The coming down part we don't get to see. There is a limit to how high we go can go up.

It's all fantasy. And good tv time and advertisement for their respective space bodies so that they can grab as much funding as possible by defrauding their respective citizens.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 27 September 2015 at 11:59am

Abu,Do you understand how navigation works?I know that you do not, so really it's a bit unfair to ask, but people have been sailing to distant islands out of site of any other place and finding them time and again for several centuries.They have been able to do so by using maths based on the idea that the world is a sphere. That it is rotating. That the Sun and the stars are far away.

Timothy no offence but debating with you is like talking to a five year old child who is just beginning to know the ways of the world.

Yes people have been traversing the seas for a few millennium without using maps but using the stars. The earth does not have to be a 'sphere' for somebody to go from A to B. If you look at the flat earth map that I provided, you will see that it is possible to travel the world without the earth being flat. If you put modern sailing or shipping char ton top of the flat earth it will fit nicely.

If you fly up to high altitude, higher than a normal comercial passenger jet, you can begin to see the curvature of the earth. P.S. To all others; The agrument for there being any sort of God holds no more water in my mind that Abu's talk about the shape of the earth. All equally silly.

I've already said that all the photos that exist today of the earth are hoaxes. Nobody has yet taken a photo of the earth from 'outer space' because it is not possible for human beings to venture into outer space. If they ever do then what they will find is the earth being a cubical shape and we are at the top of it and bordered by either a square or a rectangular 'edge'.

People have indeed been traveling about in ships for thousands of years but they have not been happy going away from the sight of land for that long.

The ability of European sailors to navigate about the world was a major change in the world's ecconomy and power balance. This was achieved by understanding that the world is a sphere which rotates.

Making up drivel is not a reasonable substitute for actually looking at the real world and working out how it works.

Date Posted: 27 September 2015 at 2:26pm

You answer this then. Why do pilgrims go aorund the Ka'baa seven times anti-clockwise?

I suppose because Muhammad did.  As for why he chose the number 7, probably because that number has always (as far back as we can go) had mystical significance.

As for why seven has such significance, I've often wondered about it.  It seems to have originated with the seven day week, which (sort of) divides the lunar month into four equal parts.  A four week, 28 day month might have been a compromise between the sidereal month (the revolution of the moon measured against the stars) of 27.3 days and the synodic month (the phases of the moon, or its motion relative to the sun) of 29.5 days.  But I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Quote If you look at the video you will see that viewing from the top it looks like the people are like stars going around the earth.

Or like stars revolving in a galaxy, or like clouds around a low pressure system, or water going down a drain.  Or buzzards circling a fresh kill.  Lots of things move in a circle.

Quote I am not making assertions about religious matters, I don't have the authority. The shape of the earth is a religious matter in the sense that if I am right, then the Ka'baa proves the existence of God Almighty. It means that He deliberately put the shape f the earth at the centre of the world in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

Okay, but if that is your goal, then you can't use religious authority to prove the validity of that religious authority.  If you have evidence that the earth is a cube, and you then find a religious authority that predicted it, then you would have solid evidence (though not necessarily proof) of the validity of that authority.  But to start with the opinion of a religious scholar makes the whole thing circular.

Quote It was just a test. You and other atheists love to argue on religious matters when you have not knowldege, not even the basics. You guys quickly consult sheikh google to find out what we are talking about then come back and argue with us like you are experts.

I would never pretend to be an expert on the Quran, or on Islam.  I'm a lot like Wikipedia: every potentially controversial fact I present is backed up by solid references to legitimate authorities.  If I neglect to meet that standard, I would be pleased to have that pointed out to me.

Quote What's so funny? Of course it's a global conspiracy. Anybody that says that the earth is a globe and that they have a 'space programme' are not telling the truth.

There are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government_space_agencies - more than sixty countries directly involved in this "conspiracy" (including Iran, Saudi Arabia, and several other Muslim countries), and thousands more public and private agencies with the capability of tracking space flights.  Even https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettering_Grammar_School - Kettering Grammar School is apparently in on it.

Quote These rockets that they love to show us going up can only go up so high then they have to come down. The coming down part we don't get to see. There is a limit to how high we go can go up.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but you can actually watch the International Space Station as it regularly passes overhead.  Go to http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/index.cfm - http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ to sign up for email alerts about twelve hours before it appears.  It's very bright and its motion makes it quite obvious -- you can't miss it.

Quote It's all fantasy. And good tv time and advertisement for their respective space bodies so that they can grab as much funding as possible by defrauding their respective citizens.

Why couldn't they grab as much funding by telling the truth?  They're obviously doing something worth paying for.  They have the communications technology, meteorological services, navigational devices, aerial photos, etc., to prove it.  Why would they lie about the methodology?

Shucks, anyone involved in this conspiracy could become an instant celebrity and probably a millionaire by going public with the details and the evidence.  And yet nobody does.  Isn't that just a bit odd?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 September 2015 at 3:36am

I suppose because Muhammad did.� As for why he chose the number 7, probably because that number has always (as far back as we can go) had mystical significance.As for why seven has such significance, I've often wondered about it.� It seems to have originated with the seven day week, which (sort of) divides the lunar month into four equal parts.� A four week, 28 day month might have been a compromise between the sidereal month (the revolution of the moon measured against the stars) of 27.3 days and the synodic month (the phases of the moon, or its motion relative to the sun) of 29.5 days.� But I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Yes because Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) did it. He does not do things out of his own desire, everything he did had a reason. Unfortunately some of these reasons are lost or he never explained them to his sahaba or companions. Like why he kissed the black stone. Thje moon is created for it's light at night and for calculating time. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said there are 30 days in a month.

Or like stars revolving in a galaxy, or like clouds around a low pressure system, or water going down a drain.� Or buzzards circling a fresh kill.� Lots of things move in a circle.

Yes but not deliberately in an anti-clockwise direction. Stars do not revolve around a galaxy because galaxies do not exist. Stars move around the earth. :)

Okay, but if that is your goal, then you can't use religious authority to prove the validity of that religious authority.� If you have evidence that the earth is a cube, and you then find a religious authority that predicted it, then you would have solid evidence (though not necessarily proof) of the validity of that authority.� But to start with the opinion of a religious scholar makes the whole thing circular.

My goal terrifies people like you, faithless, heartless atheists who deny the Creator. If the Ka'baa is indeed a blueprint for the earth then that validates the reason to believe in a Creator because only the Creator will make that blueprint of the earth right smack in the middle of the earth.

I would never pretend to be an expert on the Quran, or on Islam.� I'm a lot like Wikipedia: every potentially controversial fact I present is backed up by solid references to legitimate authorities.� If I neglect to meet that standard, I would be pleased to have that pointed out to me.

What I meant was that if a Muslim make a religious point on this forum then you guys just simply google it to find out what the heck he is talking about then you present their facts. Not based on your own knowledge.

There are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government_space_agencies - more than sixty countries directly involved in this "conspiracy" (including Iran, Saudi Arabia, and several other Muslim countries), and thousands more public and private agencies with the capability of tracking space flights.� Even https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettering_Grammar_School - Kettering Grammar School is apparently in on it.

The only real space programmes are conducted by the countries you mentioned earlier. The rest are followers rather than doers. They open up a science book and think they are following real science but they can only do so much.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but you can actually watch the International Space Station as it regularly passes overhead.� Go to http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/index.cfm - http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ to sign up for email alerts about twelve hours before it appears.� It's very bright and its motion makes it quite obvious -- you can't miss it.

Yes but I believe the guys who say that the whole thing is a toy with a camera attached.

Why couldn't they grab as much funding by telling the truth?� They're obviously doing something worth paying for.� They have the communications technology, meteorological services, navigational devices, aerial photos, etc., to prove it.� Why would they lie about the methodology?Shucks, anyone involved in this conspiracy could become an instant celebrity and probably a millionaire by going public with the details and the evidence.� And yet nobody does.� Isn't that just a bit odd?

Not odd at all. Any sane scientist who goes public will be ridiculed by the whole world then he will never work again as a mainstream scientist. So it's safer to go with the flow than 'rock the boat'.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 28 September 2015 at 5:56am
Abu,

Did you see the super-moon eclipse?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fapod.nasa.gov%2Fapod%2Fap150927.html - APOD: 2015 September 27 - Tonight: A Supermoon Lunar Eclipse

How do those scientists manage to predict such things? They can predict them extremely accurately, to the second many centuries away.

Date Posted: 28 September 2015 at 6:53pm

Thje moon is created for it's light at night and for calculating time. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said there are 30 days in a month.

I think what he actually said was that if you don't see the new moon on the 29th of the month, you can start the new month after 30 days, i.e. that a month can be no longer than 30 days.  He had to say this because the moon is actually a very poor way of calculating time.  The synodic period is a bit more than 29.5 days, so the length of a lunar month can never be consistent.

Quote Yes but not deliberately in an anti-clockwise direction. Stars do not revolve around a galaxy because galaxies do not exist. Stars move around the earth. :)

The point is that the image of worshippers walking around the Kaaba could suggest any number of things.  There is no particular reason to associate it with the (apparent) motion of the stars around the earth.

Quote My goal terrifies people like you, faithless, heartless atheists who deny the Creator.

You are projecting your own terror of God's judgement.  Remember, we don't believe any of it.  How can we be in terror of a God who doesn't exist?

No, we reject your silly notion of the earth being a cube because it is just that: a silly notion that originated in your own head, with no basis in reality and no evidence even to suggest it.

Quote What I meant was that if a Muslim make a religious point on this forum then you guys just simply google it to find out what the heck he is talking about then you present their facts. Not based on your own knowledge.

You might be surprised.  I've learned a lot about Islam from this forum.  That was one of the reasons I came here.

Quote The only real space programmes are conducted by the countries you mentioned earlier. The rest are followers rather than doers. They open up a science book and think they are following real science but they can only do so much.

They have all launched missiles into space, and most of them have operational satellites.  All of them do science.  Your understanding of science is totally wrong.

I made a sincere effort to learn about Islam.  Perhaps you might try to learn a bit about science? Stern%20Smile

Quote Yes but I believe the guys who say that the whole thing is a toy with a camera attached.

Which you claim is kept aloft by an amazing solar-powered propulsion system that would be worth billions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.

Strangely, no one does. Wink

Quote Not odd at all. Any sane scientist who goes public will be ridiculed by the whole world then he will never work again as a mainstream scientist. So it's safer to go with the flow than 'rock the boat'.

Again, your ignorance of science is showing.  He would not be ridiculed if he could show evidence for his claims.  On the contrary, he would be celebrated as a hero and a genius.  Remember Albert Einstein, who revolutionized our understanding of physics?  Far from being "ridiculed by the whole world", Time Magazine proclaimed him as the http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,993017,00.html - Person of the Century , and "the pre-eminent scientist in a century dominated by science."

On the other hand, someone making radical claims based on "it seemed obvious" would indeed be ridiculed. Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 29 September 2015 at 2:52am

Abu,Did you see the super-moon eclipse? http://www.debatepolitics.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fapod.nasa.gov%2Fapod%2Fap150927.html - APOD: 2015 September 27 - Tonight: A Supermoon Lunar Eclipse How
do those scientists manage to predict such things? They can predict
them extremely accurately, to the second many centuries away.

Can be predicted very easily once you start to track their orbits.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 29 September 2015 at 2:56am

People have indeed been traveling about in
ships for thousands of years but they have not been happy going away
from the sight of land for that long.The ability of European
sailors to navigate about the world was a major change in the world's
ecconomy and power balance. This was achieved by understanding that the
world is a sphere which rotates. Making up drivel is not a reasonable substitute for actually looking at the real world and working out how it works.

Europeans started to navigate the world by inventing an instrument called the 'Sexton'.

The real world as you see it may be an illusion. THE REAL WORLD may be something completely different that you cannot be able to fathom. It scares the hell out of some people to know that they've been living in 'The Truman Show'.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 29 September 2015 at 3:14am

I think what he actually said was that if you don't see the new moon on the 29th of the month, you can start the new month after 30 days, i.e. that a month can be no longer than 30 days.� He had to say this because the moon is actually a very poor way of calculating time.� The synodic period is a bit more than 29.5 days, so the length of a lunar month can never be consistent.

You think wrong. The moon is exact in it's phases, it's just that people sometimes cannot see it clearly that brings in the confusion.

The point is that the image of worshippers walking around the Kaaba could suggest any number of things.� There is no particular reason to associate it with the (apparent) motion of the stars around the earth.

The point is that in Islam nothing is done just for the sake of it. Everything has a point, the point being that we follow the Commands of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and His final messenger to mankind Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

You are projecting your own terror of God's judgement.� Remember, we don't believe any of it.� How can we be in terror of a God who doesn't exist?

Yes indeed I am terrified of His wrath, hence the reason I'm trying to do what is commanded of me and to please Him so that I am not thrown into hell fire.

I suggest you do the same like pretty quickly as you are now grey haired and who know how many months you have left on this earth but Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

No, we reject your silly notion of the earth being a cube because it is just that: a silly notion that originated in your own head, with no basis in reality and no evidence even to suggest it.

My notion may seem silly to a person like you who is faithless, heartless and Godless.
Who needs evidence when you have faith? Better of the two.

You might be surprised.� I've learned a lot about Islam from this forum.� That was one of the reasons I came here.

I am really surprised. If you've learned a lot then you still do not know anything as you haven't become a Muslim yet with all the knowledge that you've gained.
Can't you see the TRUTH?

By the way I just want to say here that you are doing an excellent job for Iblis (satan). Keep up the good work and I wonder what the subject of your conversation be when you are both being roasted in hell fire. The mind boggles.

They have all launched missiles into space, and most of them have operational satellites.� All of them do science.� Your understanding of science is totally wrong.I made a sincere effort to learn about Islam.� Perhaps you might try to learn a bit about science? Stern%20Smile
Yes really? There are thousands of satellites up in space? And you actually believe that?

[QUOTE=Ron Webb]
Which you claim is kept aloft by an amazing solar-powered propulsion system that would be worth billions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.Strangely, no one does. Wink
I don't claim that anymore. :)

There's nothing up in space except space, the Sun and the Moon and the Stars.

[QUOTE=Ron Webb]

Again, your ignorance of science is showing.� He would not be ridiculed if he could show evidence for his claims.� On the contrary, he would be celebrated as a hero and a genius.� Remember Albert Einstein, who revolutionized our understanding of physics?� Far from being "ridiculed by the whole world", Time Magazine proclaimed him as the http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,993017,00.html - Person of the Century , and "the pre-eminent scientist in a century dominated by science."On the other hand, someone making radical claims based on "it seemed obvious" would indeed be ridiculed. [IMG]smileys/smiley17.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Tongue" />

I am sooooo glad that I am ignorant of science because it is a load of boll***s. Like I keep saying science is satan inspired and satan controlled. I mean look at the all the scientists they are also like you. Faithless, heartless and godless.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 29 September 2015 at 4:05pm

You think wrong. The moon is exact in it's phases, it's just that people sometimes cannot see it clearly that brings in the confusion.

There are 354 days between the beginning of Ramadan 2014 (June 29) and Ramadan 2015 (June 18).  So were six months with 29 days, and six with 30 days in that period.
From there till the next Ramadan in 2016 (June 7) will contain five months with 29 days and seven months with 30 days.
There is no consistency at all.

Quote Yes indeed I am terrified of His wrath, hence the reason I'm trying to do what is commanded of me and to please Him so that I am not thrown into hell fire.

Your God seems like a bully and a tyrant.  Obedience I can understand, but how could you love someone who uses intimidation and threats to get his way?

Quote ]My notion may seem silly to a person like you who is faithless, heartless and Godless.

Godless, for sure.  But not faithless -- I have faith in humanity.  And heartless??  That's just insulting.

Quote Who needs evidence when you have faith? Better of the two.

You do.  You need evidence that your faith is the correct one.

Quote I am really surprised. If you've learned a lot then you still do not know anything as you haven't become a Muslim yet with all the knowledge that you've gained.
Can't you see the TRUTH?

Of course I can.  That's why I'm not a Muslim.

Which you claim is kept aloft by an amazing solar-powered propulsion system that would be worth billions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.Strangely, no one does.
I don't claim that anymore. :)

So how do these satellites stay up there for years and years?  Whatever the technology, it would be worth billions/trillions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.  Why doesn't anyone break the conspiracy and become a billionaire?  Apparently you have greater faith in humanity than I do. LOL

Quote I am sooooo glad that I am ignorant of science because it is a load of boll***s.

Your ignorant opinion is noted, and valued accordingly.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 September 2015 at 2:48am

Abu,Did you see the super-moon eclipse? http://www.debatepolitics.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fapod.nasa.gov%2Fapod%2Fap150927.html - APOD: 2015 September 27 - Tonight: A Supermoon Lunar Eclipse How
do those scientists manage to predict such things? They can predict
them extremely accurately, to the second many centuries away.

Can be predicted very easily once you start to track their orbits.

Yes. And in doing so you will find that they orbit around the sun, except the moon which orbits the earth.

Orbit as in going around.

Date Posted: 30 September 2015 at 2:51am

People have indeed been traveling about in
ships for thousands of years but they have not been happy going away
from the sight of land for that long.The ability of European
sailors to navigate about the world was a major change in the world's
ecconomy and power balance. This was achieved by understanding that the
world is a sphere which rotates. Making up drivel is not a reasonable substitute for actually looking at the real world and working out how it works.

Europeans started to navigate the world by inventing an instrument called the 'Sexton'.

The real world as you see it may be an illusion. THE REAL WORLD may be something completely different that you cannot be able to fathom. It scares the hell out of some people to know that they've been living in 'The Truman Show'.

I think you mean Sextant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant

All it does is measure the height of the sun or pole star in the sky.

To use this data to work out where you are you need to use the theory that the earth is a sphere.

Date Posted: 30 September 2015 at 3:56am

There are 354 days between the beginning of Ramadan 2014 (June 29) and Ramadan 2015 (June 18).� So were six months with 29 days, and six with 30 days in that period.From there till the next Ramadan in 2016 (June 7) will contain five months with 29 days and seven months with 30 days.There is no consistency at all.

The problem arises only when we use the Gregorian Calendar otherwise it's pretty consistent.

Your God seems like a bully and a tyrant.� Obedience I can understand, but how could you love someone who uses intimidation and threats to get his way?

It's His prerogative being the Creator. If you had real faith then you will understand that He is just warning you of the consequences of not following His commands. He sends His messengers and prophets as bringers of glad tiding and warners. You choose if you want the good news or the bad.

Godless, for sure.� But not faithless -- I have faith in humanity.� And heartless??� That's just insulting.

Ronnie boy one needs a clean and sound heart to have faith.

PICKTHALL
Save him who bringeth unto Allah a whole heart.

MUHSIN KHAN
Except him who brings to Allah a clean heart [clean from Shirk (polytheism) and Nifaq (hypocrisy)].

YUSUF ALI
"But only he (will prosper) that brings to Allah a sound heart;
26:89

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
When he came to his Lord with a sound heart

DR. GHALI
As he came to his Lord with a sound heart,

SHAKIR
When he came to his Lord with a free heart,
37:84

PICKTHALL
Who feareth the Beneficent in secret and cometh with a contrite heart.

YUSUF ALI
"Who feared (Allah) Most Gracious Unseen, and brought a heart turned in devotion (to Him):

DR. GHALI
Who is apprehensive of The All-Merciful in the Unseen and comes with a penitent heart.
50:33

MUHSIN KHAN
Verily, therein is indeed a reminder for him who has a heart or gives ear while he is heedful.

PICKTHALL
Lo! therein verily is a reminder for him who hath a heart, or giveth ear with full intelligence.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Indeed in that is a reminder for whoever has a heart or who listens while he is present [in mind].
50:37

You do.� You need evidence that your faith is the correct one.

I have evidence that my faith is the correct one otherwise I will be doing what you are doing. My proof? It's when I look around I see the mountains, the trees, the sky, the sun, moon and stars etc etc etc.

Of course I can.� That's why I'm not a Muslim. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Isn't it really amazing? You gained ALL this knowledge and yet you can't see THE TRUTH. Yes truly amazing. :)

So how do these satellites stay up there for years and years?� Whatever the technology, it would be worth billions/trillions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.� Why doesn't anyone break the conspiracy and become a billionaire?� Apparently you have greater faith in humanity than I do. [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />

That's just it satellites do not stay up in space. It's just another illusion. Mobile/cell phones work by shortwave radio, hence the towers going up all over the place.

Your ignorant opinion is noted, and valued accordingly. [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

Let's just say that your scientific world is brought down to earth by somebody proving that the earth is flat. How would that make you feel? Astronomy, quantum physics etc would be redundant. So will you be.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 30 September 2015 at 6:35pm

The problem arises only when we use the Gregorian Calendar otherwise it's pretty consistent.

It has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar.  Sometimes a (lunar) month has 29 days, sometimes it's 30.  You've been watching the moon for a while now -- surely you know that.  It's hardly a convenient or consistent means of calculating time.

Quote It's His prerogative being the Creator.

I don't think it's anyone's prerogative to use threats and intimidation to get his own way.  IMHO that is the morality of a terrorist.

Quote I have evidence that my faith is the correct one otherwise I will be doing what you are doing. My proof? It's when I look around I see the mountains, the trees, the sky, the sun, moon and stars etc etc etc.

Mountains, trees, etc. are all equally consistent with Christianity, Hinduism, or even atheism.  It's not proof of anything.

Quote That's just it satellites do not stay up in space. It's just another illusion. Mobile/cell phones work by shortwave radio, hence the towers going up all over the place.

(Cell phones use microwave, not shortwave, but never mind.)  GPS works even in areas that are nowhere near a microwave tower.  How do you think they manage it without satellites?

Also, the International Space Station has been up there for more than a decade.  I've watched it pass overhead for years now.  Whatever technology makes that work ought to be worth billions to the private sector.

Quote Let's just say that your scientific world is brought down to earth by somebody proving that the earth is flat. How would that make you feel? Astronomy, quantum physics etc would be redundant. So will you be.

Don't be silly.  If someone provided actual evidence that the earth is flat, I'd be initially skeptical (of course); but if it held up under scrutiny, I'd be fascinated and thrilled.  Astronomy would not be redundant.  On the contrary, it would be busier than ever, figuring out how all that other evidence from decades and centuries past could be reconciled with the new paradigm.  It would be an unparalleled scientific revolution.

You really don't understand science.  It's not like theology, where dogma is defended regardless of the facts, and heretics are put to death.  We go where the evidence takes us.  Wherever it takes us.  Even if it shatters everything we thought we knew.  Especially if it does that. That's why it's so exciting and awesome! Thumbs%20Up

When Einstein revolutionized our understanding of matter, energy, space and time, it was the most amazing discovery of the century and maybe of all time.  Scientists were elated -- it was like having a whole new box of toys to play with.  

Not to mention new justifications for research proposals. Redundant?  No way!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 October 2015 at 1:29am

I have evidence that my faith is the correct one otherwise I will be doing what you are doing. My proof? It's when I look around I see the mountains, the trees, the sky, the sun, moon and stars etc etc etc.

I thought you had decieded that this world was an illusion.

If you are interested in the real world then you will need to start from it rather than starting from your own delusions and making the world fit them.

Date Posted: 01 October 2015 at 3:05am

I don't think it's anyone's prerogative to use threats and intimidation to get his own way.  IMHO that is the morality of a terrorist.

To an unbeliever it may look like threats and intimidation but to a believer it's just a warning. Either do this or go to hell.

You might be interested to know that the majority of human beings throughout history, today and in the future will go your way. Theyd rather choose hell rather than heaven. Amazing.

Don't be silly.  If someone provided actual evidence that the earth is flat, I'd be initially skeptical (of course); but if it held up under scrutiny, I'd be fascinated and thrilled.  Astronomy would not be redundant.  On the contrary, it would be busier than ever, figuring out how all that other evidence from decades and centuries past could be reconciled with the new paradigm.  It would be an unparalleled scientific revolution.

I see so you like sitting on the fence, be careful you might fall off! 

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 01 October 2015 at 12:43pm
I stumbled over this sentence:
Quote The closer we get to the poles, the longer our days or nights become. They can eventually extend for up to several months each, making this verse, the fourth Pillar of Islam, impossible to practice without starving yourself to death. Again, this problem would not exist on a flat earth model.

No surprise that Abul moved closer to the equator.
It's all about keeping the suffering during Ramadan under control.

Smart !

Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 01 October 2015 at 2:42pm

To an unbeliever it may look like threats and intimidation but to a believer it's just a warning. Either do this or go to hell.

Sounds a lot like the Taliban to me.

Quote You might be interested to know that the majority of human beings throughout history, today and in the future will go your way. Theyd rather choose hell rather than heaven. Amazing.

As I keep telling you, it's not a choice.  Could you choose not to believe?

Quote I see so you like sitting on the fence, be careful you might fall off!

The nice thing about sitting on the fence is that you have a clear view of both sides and can maintain a balanced perspective.  That's why science works, and why religion does not.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 October 2015 at 3:03am

Sounds a lot like the Taliban to me.

It would to you because you know absolutely nothing though you've been learning about Islam. This is because there is a veil over your heart, you will not understand.

There is no compulsion in religion and any Muslim can denounce his faith any time he wants to and become like you, happy in this world. It takes dedication, obedience and a heck of a lot of patience to be Muslim. It is NOT for everybody.

As I keep telling you, it's not a choice.� Could you choose not to believe?

Of course you can. That's what you are doing. You are denying all that you've learned. The TRUTH from your Lord is simply beautiful.

The nice thing about sitting on the fence is that you have a clear view of both sides and can maintain a balanced perspective.� That's why science works, and why religion does not.

No one MUST choose sides. You have to weigh up the pro's and con's of being a Muslim of not being a Muslim. Do you like what satan offers you or what your Creator offers you?

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 02 October 2015 at 1:05pm

There is no compulsion in religion and any Muslim can denounce his faith any time he wants to and become like you, happy in this world. It takes dedication, obedience and a heck of a lot of patience to be Muslim. It is NOT for everybody.

I'm not sure I understand.  Do you think atheists are happier than Muslims?  I don't know whether that is true or not; but if you think being a Muslim is a great burden, perhaps you're making it unnecessarily hard.  The Quran is supposed to be http://www.islam101.com/dawah/islamEasyWay.htm - Al-Yusraa , "The Easy Way" of living.

Quote Of course you can. That's what you are doing. You are denying all that you've learned. The TRUTH from your Lord is simply beautiful.

All that I have learned is not enough to convince me that God exists; in fact it has convinced me that He does not.  I couldn't choose to believe in God any more than I could choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5.  I could pretend, I could be a hypocrite and say that I believe when I actually don't, but I can't change the inevitable conclusions I have reached in my own mind.

Let me ask you again: Could you choose not to believe in God?

Quote No one MUST choose sides. You have to weigh up the pro's and con's of being a Muslim of not being a Muslim. Do you like what satan offers you or what your Creator offers you?

(I'm interpeting that first sentence as "No; one must choose".  I hope that's what you meant.)  It's not a question of what I prefer.  It's a question of what is true, in your or my estimation, based on the facts that you or I have been exposed to.

Would I prefer 2 + 2 to equal 5?  Well, if I'm looking at my bank balance, then maybe -- but I don't think that's going to make much difference to my bank manager.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 October 2015 at 3:10am

I thought you had decieded that this world was an illusion. If you are interested in the real world then you will need to start from it rather than starting from your own delusions and making the world fit them.

I've already said in THAT post that the believers have to participate in this world whilst doing their duties to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

What I meant was that my first and foremost duty is to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala where I try very hard to attend the masjid for prayers in time and afterwards to get on with my daily life. I have given up watching tv and movies, listening to music and using the mobile 24/7 (not that I ever did that).

The following Sura comes to mind.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect.
18:28

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 03 October 2015 at 3:12am

I stumbled over this sentence:
Quote The closer we get to the poles, the longer our days or nights become. They can eventually extend for up to several months each, making this verse, the fourth Pillar of Islam, impossible to practice without starving yourself to death. Again, this problem would not exist on a flat earth model.

Smart !

Airmano

LOL you phool.

We've already covered this topic.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 03 October 2015 at 3:23am

I'm not sure I understand.� Do you think atheists are happier than Muslims?� I don't know whether that is true or not; but if you think being a Muslim is a great burden, perhaps you're making it unnecessarily hard.� The Quran is supposed to be http://www.islam101.com/dawah/islamEasyWay.htm - Al-Yusraa , "The Easy Way" of living.

Of course you don't understand hence the reason you are an atheist. Atheists are miserable sods who constantly think about suicide because there is no contentment in their lives. Their collective hearts have a disease where they just could not accept THE CREATOR.

Being a Muslim is only a burden to hypocrites whose hearts are diseased. When one truly loves Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and His final Messenger then Islam is the best thing since sliced bread. This is because acts of worship are not a burden but a pleasure. Getting up really early in the morning for Fajr prayers, fasting etc would be a real pleasure. :)

I suppose to some it will be a burden if they have to give up alcohol, gambling, women etc.

All that I have learned is not enough to convince me that God exists; in fact it has convinced me that He does not.� I couldn't choose to believe in God any more than I could choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5.� I could pretend, I could be a hypocrite and say that I believe when I actually don't, but I can't change the inevitable conclusions I have reached in my own mind.Let me ask you again: Could you choose not to believe in God?

I have told you a thousand and one times that your heart and mind is sealed. You will not understand when you keep denying Him.

Of course you can choose to not to believe in God Almighty. You can believe in satan instead.

(I'm interpeting that first sentence as "No; one must choose".� I hope that's what you meant.)� It's not a question of what I prefer.� It's a question of what is true, in your or my estimation, based on the facts that you or I have been exposed to.Would I prefer 2 + 2 to equal 5?� Well, if I'm looking at my bank balance, then maybe -- but I don't think that's going to make much difference to my bank manager. [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

It's not rocket science.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has sent to all creatures his final revelation and it's all in there. You can find it if you look for it sincerely and with an open heart.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 03 October 2015 at 6:01am
Quote Airmano
Smart !

Answer Abul: LOL you phool.

Another dislike from Allah!
I think it's time for you to buy some fireproof clothing.

Warm greetings: Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 03 October 2015 at 10:20am

I thought you had decieded that this world was an illusion. If you are interested in the real world then you will need to start from it rather than starting from your own delusions and making the world fit them.

I've already said in THAT post that the believers have to participate in this world whilst doing their duties to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

What I meant was that my first and foremost duty is to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala where I try very hard to attend the masjid for prayers in time and afterwards to get on with my daily life. I have given up watching tv and movies, listening to music and using the mobile 24/7 (not that I ever did that).

The following Sura comes to mind.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect.
18:28

OK, so you do participate in this real world. That would be the same real world where I live.

The same real world where there are different time zones around the world because the sun rises and sets at different times around the world.

That would not be if the earth was not a sphere. In this real world. The one you participate in.

Date Posted: 03 October 2015 at 6:40pm

Of course you don't understand hence the reason you are an atheist. Atheists are miserable sods who constantly think about suicide because there is no contentment in their lives. Their collective hearts have a disease where they just could not accept THE CREATOR.

You're saying we're "miserable sods", and yet in your previous post you described me as "happy in this world". Confused

Quote I suppose to some it will be a burden if they have to give up alcohol, gambling, women etc.

None of that would be a problem for me.  My biggest problem would be that I have to love a Being who wants to torture me in Hell for eternity if I don't love Him.  That's not a kind of love I can even imagine, let alone feel.

Quote Of course you can choose to not to believe in God Almighty. You can believe in satan instead.

Never mind me.  The question I'm asking whether you, Abu Loren, could choose not to believe in God.  If God Himself commanded you to stop believing in Him, could you do it?

So why do you think it's a choice for me, if it's not for you?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 October 2015 at 10:59am

OK, so you do participate in this real world. That would be the same real world where I live.

The same real world where there are different time zones around the world because the sun rises and sets at different times around the world.

That would not be if the earth was not a sphere. In this real world. The one you participate in.

You STILL don't get it do ya?

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 04 October 2015 at 11:08am

You're saying we're "miserable sods", and yet in your previous post you described me as "happy in this world". Confused

Are you reallyhappy in this world? How can you be when your heart is empty. Put some 'soul food' in it and some faith as well.
Read the Qur'an with an open mind and in a language that you understand.

None of that would be a problem for me.  My biggest problem would be that I have to love a Being who wants to torture me in Hell for eternity if I don't love Him.  That's not a kind of love I can even imagine, let alone feel.

If you are sincere about your 'akhira' or afterlife and you want to live in eternity in hell rather than in hell then I'm afraid that you have to obey His Laws and Commands. Do you honestly think that somebody who lies, cheat and kills should be given Paradise?

Never mind me.  The question I'm asking whether you, Abu Loren, could choose not to believe in God.  If God Himself commanded you to stop believing in Him, could you do it?

Yes, I can choose not to believe in God Almighty. But the consequences of that belief is hell fire.
I'd rather spent eternity in Paradise than in hell, so everybody has to work for it and earn brownie points and rewards. It's only fair isn't it? 

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 04 October 2015 at 12:05pm

You STILL don't get it do ya?

No I don't.

Please explain why there can be different time zones if the world is flat. How does Austrailia have night when it is day here?

Date Posted: 04 October 2015 at 12:07pm

Are you reallyhappy in this world? How can you be when your heart is empty. Put some 'soul food' in it and some faith as well.
Read the Qur'an with an open mind and in a language that you understand.

If you are sincere about your 'akhira' or afterlife and you want to live in eternity in hell rather than in hell then I'm afraid that you have to obey His Laws and Commands. Do you honestly think that somebody who lies, cheat and kills should be given Paradise?

Yes, I can choose not to believe in God Almighty. But the consequences of that belief is hell fire.
I'd rather spent eternity in Paradise than in hell, so everybody has to work for it and earn brownie points and rewards. It's only fair isn't it? 

What guarntee do you have that the man who sold you this story was not a con artist?

Date Posted: 04 October 2015 at 6:39pm

Are you reallyhappy in this world? How can you be when your heart is empty.

Yes, I'm really happy.  No, my heart is not empty.  It is filled with a love for family, friends and humanity as a whole.

Quote If you are sincere about your 'akhira' or afterlife and you want to live in eternity in hell rather than in hell then I'm afraid that you have to obey His Laws and Commands. Do you honestly think that somebody who lies, cheat and kills should be given Paradise?

I don't lie, cheat or kill.  Yes, I think I deserve Paradise far more than many Muslims.

Quote Yes, I can choose not to believe in God Almighty.

Really?  How would you go about that?  All that (alleged) evidence for God that you see all around you -- how could you ignore it?  You could pretend it wasn't there, but you would still know.  You could claim that you don't believe, but your heart would say otherwise, wouldn't it?

Can you choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5?

Quote But the consequences of that belief is hell fire.

But if you didn't believe in God, you wouldn't believe that either.  That may be what you tell yourself as a believer, but it wouldn't be persuasive to you as a non-believer.  It certainly doesn't persuade me.

Quote I'd rather spent eternity in Paradise than in hell, so everybody has to work for it and earn brownie points and rewards. It's only fair isn't it?

It's only fair if everyone has an equal chance.  Those who are brought up in Christian families and taught the Trinity and all sorts of other heresies, and were never exposed to Islam, never had a chance.  Is that fair?

Besides, as I'm sure you are aware, God sends astray whom He wills, and guides whom He wills. ( http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=14&verse=4 - Quran 14:4 )  Is that fair?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 October 2015 at 2:36am

Yes, I'm really happy.� No, my heart is not empty.� It is filled with a love for family, friends and humanity as a whole.

Will that love help you on the Day of Judgment?

I don't lie, cheat or kill.� Yes, I think I deserve Paradise far more than many Muslims.

Good. If you only utter the words "Ashadu Anla Ilaha Illallah wa Ashadu anna Muhammadan abduhu rasooluhu'.

Really?� How would you go about that?� All that (alleged) evidence for God that you see all around you -- how could you ignore it?� You could pretend it wasn't there, but you would still know.� You could claim that you don't believe, but your heart would say otherwise, wouldn't it?Can you choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5?

I've told you yes I can choose not to believe and enjoy this world and what it offers, but I know the consequences of that decision. I have free will and so have you.

But if you didn't believe in God, you wouldn't believe that either.� That may be what you tell yourself as a believer, but it wouldn't be persuasive to you as a non-believer.� It certainly doesn't persuade me.

OK no problem if you are happy spending eternity in hell fire then good luck!

It's only fair if everyone has an equal chance.� Those who are brought up in Christian families and taught the Trinity and all sorts of other heresies, and were never exposed to Islam, never had a chance.� Is that fair?Besides, as I'm sure you are aware, God sends astray whom He wills, and guides whom He wills. ( http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=14&verse=4 - Quran 14:4 )� Is that fair?

That's difficult for me to answer because He gives Mercy to whom He Wills. I suppose that includes Christians who do not worship Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) and other people.
It's His choice who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 05 October 2015 at 7:52am
Abu,

I cannot choose what I believe. That is called lying.

Date Posted: 05 October 2015 at 11:54am

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2015 at 3:41am

No I don't.Please explain why there can be different time zones if the world is flat. How does Austrailia have night when it is day here?

When the sun rises it doesn't cover the whole earth but part of it. So one part is in darkness the other part in light. We call it night and day.

By the way, the sun is not a sphere like you imagine it to be, it is also flat and it points to the earth like a torch.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 06 October 2015 at 3:45am

What guarntee do you have that the man who sold you this story was not a con artist?

When I read his life story and what he actually said, no normal human being could do that. I believe in his miracles and the revelations he received. I also believe that he was the final prophet and messenger of God Almighty.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 06 October 2015 at 3:46am

Abu,I cannot choose what I believe. That is called lying.

Yes you choose to believe that there is no God.
Fair enough!

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 06 October 2015 at 3:47am

No because that is a false calculation.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the only TRUTH.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 06 October 2015 at 6:47am
So you can't choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 because you know that is wrong.

Are you any less certain that God exists?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 October 2015 at 3:20am

So you can't choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 because you know that is wrong.Are you any less certain that God exists?

You may choose to believe that God doesn't exist but I am certain of that fact. I became 100% certain after reading the Qur'an and the Hadiths.

by the way, when I was a Christian I was only 50/50 because my faith swerved back and forth. This is because it is a false belief system.

You can choose to believe that God doesn't exist as that is your prerogative but I'm stunned that after all these years on this forum and learning about Islam you are still uncertain. Amazing.

I suppose the TRUTH will only be recognised by those who are guided.

Why don't you ask God Almighty to guide you to His religion, sincerely and with an open heart. There's nothing like it, you will be at peace and accept that death is not the end but only the beginning of an eternal live, either good or bad depending where you will end up.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 07 October 2015 at 12:12pm

No I don't.Please explain why there can be different time zones if the world is flat. How does Austrailia have night when it is day here?

When the sun rises it doesn't cover the whole earth but part of it. So one part is in darkness the other part in light. We call it night and day.

By the way, the sun is not a sphere like you imagine it to be, it is also flat and it points to the earth like a torch.

If the bit that all humans live on is flat, as you argue, then the light from any body above it should be visable over all of it. Your idea does not work in geometry.

You still have avoided the problem that at midnight here it is noon elsewhere on the earth.

Date Posted: 07 October 2015 at 12:15pm

When I read his life story and what he actually said, no normal human being could do that. I believe in his miracles and the revelations he received. I also believe that he was the final prophet and messenger of God Almighty.

What guarantee do you have that this man's deeds and words all actually happened in reality? That nobody has "sexed-up" the tale to make it read better?

Stories often get better the more they are told.

Date Posted: 07 October 2015 at 12:16pm

Abu,I cannot choose what I believe. That is called lying.

Yes you choose to believe that there is no God.
Fair enough!

You really have not been able to actually read what I posted.

You need help. If you are away from your family you need to return to them and settle down. You need to be in a world you find familure.

Date Posted: 07 October 2015 at 2:33pm

You may choose to believe that God doesn't exist but I am certain of that fact. I became 100% certain after reading the Qur'an and the Hadiths.

So you are certain, but I can choose?  No, Mr. Loren.  I too am 100% certain that God -- at least the kind of God you believe in -- does not exist.  Neither of us can choose to believe something we regard as impossible.

Quote Why don't you ask God Almighty to guide you to His religion, sincerely and with an open heart.

I would always be happy to hear from God, and to receive Him sincerely and with an open heart.  Mr. Deity sir, consider this your invitation, if you need one.  You can PM me on Islamicity, email me or give me a phone call if you prefer.  You have my contact info.  Or just drop in anytime.

Quote There's nothing like it, you will be at peace and accept that death is not the end but only the beginning of an eternal live, either good or bad depending where you will end up.

I'm already at peace, thanks, and I'm not afraid of death.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2015 at 5:45am

If the bit that all humans live on is flat, as you argue, then the light from any body above it should be visable over all of it. Your idea does not work in geometry. You still have avoided the problem that at midnight here it is noon elsewhere on the earth.

I've told you a million times the sun does not cover the whole earth. Think about it.

Search 'flat earth' on Youtube.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 08 October 2015 at 5:46am

What guarantee do you have that this man's deeds and words all actually happened in reality? That nobody has "sexed-up" the tale to make it read better?Stories often get better the more they are told.

Yes I can understand that argument from an atheist.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 08 October 2015 at 5:49am

So you are certain, but I can choose?� No, Mr. Loren.� I too am 100% certain that God -- at least the kind of God you believe in -- does not exist.� Neither of us can choose to believe something we regard as impossible.

No actually you can't choose as you are not certain. :)

My kind of God is the only kind of God there is so I choose to believe in Him as He is not impossible but the ONLY REALITY.

See how different we are?

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 08 October 2015 at 8:09am

No actually you can't choose as you are not certain. :)

You've spent nearly a week trying to tell me that I can choose, and now suddenly you say I can't.

I just finished telling you that I am 100% certain, and you tell me that I'm not.

Please don't try to tell me about my own mind, when you can't even make up your own.

Quote See how different we are?

True that.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2015 at 8:37am

I've told you a million times the sun does not cover the whole earth. Think about it.

You can tell us a million more times, but it won't change the rules of basic Euclidean geometry.  If the earth were flat, then the sun would be either above the horizon, or below it.  Everywhere.  It can't be both at once.

Quote Search 'flat earth' on Youtube.

YouTube, the Source of All Knowledge�.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2015 at 11:45am

If the bit that all humans live on is flat, as you argue, then the light from any body above it should be visable over all of it. Your idea does not work in geometry. You still have avoided the problem that at midnight here it is noon elsewhere on the earth.

Search 'flat earth' on Youtube.

Yes the sun does not light up the whole earth. That is why the earth must not be flat. If it was then the sun would rise at the same time everywhere.

You are avoiding the real world.

You need to go into your family and relax. Take the weight of it all off and just live a bit.

Date Posted: 09 October 2015 at 2:43am

You've spent nearly a week trying to tell me that I can choose, and now suddenly you say I can't.I just finished telling you that I am 100% certain, and you tell me that I'm not.Please don't try to tell me about my own mind, when you can't even make up your own.
Quote See how different we are?
True that.

Of course you can choose. You chose to be an atheist ignoring all the evidence that we've presented to you.
Choose wisely.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 09 October 2015 at 2:45am

You can tell us a million more times, but it won't change the rules of basic Euclidean geometry.� If the earth were flat, then the sun would be either above the horizon, or below it.� Everywhere.� It can't be both at once.

Once more let me tell you that when the sun 'rises' it does not cover the whole earth but part of it. One half being 'day' the other 'night'.

YouTube, the Source of All Knowledge�. [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" />

Amazing what you find there. :)

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 09 October 2015 at 3:44am
Quote Abul
...ignoring all the evidence that we've presented to you.

Evidence ? Did somebody say evidence ?

Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 13 October 2015 at 2:17am

Evidence ? Did somebody say evidence ?

Airmano

Mr. Pilot the fact you are alive and breathing is proof enough that indeed you were created. Can you at least believe that your mum and dad created you? Or did you spontaneously just appeared?

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 13 October 2015 at 9:19am

Once more let me tell you that when the sun 'rises' it does not cover the whole earth but part of it. One half being 'day' the other 'night'.

Yes. That is because it's a sphere. The geometry will not work other wise.

If it was flat the sun would be visable from all the surface of the world or none of it.

Date Posted: 13 October 2015 at 2:29pm
Quote Abul:
Can you at least believe that your mum and dad created you? Or did you spontaneously just appeared?
Neither nor.
My parents made me but they didn't create me. In the end they "only" used a procedure that developed over several hundred millions of years. They did it just like you use a computer without having a clue about what is going on under the hood.

Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2015 at 2:09am

Yes. That is because it's a sphere. The geometry will not work other wise. If it was flat the sun would be visable from all the surface of the world or none of it.

It has nothing to do with Geometry. Check out Youtube vids explaining this. :)

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 14 October 2015 at 2:13am

Neither nor.
My parents made me but they didn't create me. In the end they "only" used a procedure that developed over several hundred millions of years. They did it just like you use a computer without having a clue about what is going on under the hood.

Airmano

Exactly. To know what is happening under the hood you need to have a leap of faith. You trust the instruction manuals to guide you to how to use it and to know what to do if you do something wrong.

The latest instruction manual for mankind is the Qur'an. It is sent down to mankind from it's Creator and if you follow it then you will not go wrong. This really tells you what is happening under the hood, if you are a person of understanding. :)

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 14 October 2015 at 5:06am

Yes. That is because it's a sphere. The geometry will not work other wise. If it was flat the sun would be visable from all the surface of the world or none of it.

It has nothing to do with Geometry. Check out Youtube vids explaining this. :)

It is entirely about basic geometry.

The universe works in straight frward ways. At least it does untill you get into very extreme situations of either the very fast, very small, or very dense. That is untill you have to worry about high level physics. We don't need to. Basic stuff will work fine for us.

Date Posted: 14 October 2015 at 5:07am

Neither nor.

Airmano

Exactly. To know what is happening under the hood you need to have a leap of faith. You trust the instruction manuals to guide you to how to use it and to know what to do if you do something wrong.

The latest instruction manual for mankind is the Qur'an. It is sent down to mankind from it's Creator and if you follow it then you will not go wrong. This really tells you what is happening under the hood, if you are a person of understanding. :)

Where in the Koran does it tell you how to revive a new born baby who has stopped breathing? Does it tell you how to do CPR?

Date Posted: 15 October 2015 at 3:09am

It is entirely about basic geometry. The universe works in straight frward ways. At least it does untill you get into very extreme situations of either the very fast, very small, or very dense. That is untill you have to worry about high level physics. We don't need to. Basic stuff will work fine for us.

The Universe works in a straight forward way because of the Laws Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala set n motion. In the Qur'an He tells us that He has set a 'balance'.

The Physics that you are talking about has flaws because it assumes that the Universe is as taught to you. Meaning that there are countless suns, galaxies, quasars, black holes etc. These are all thought up by scientists who are brilliant in science fiction. Our Universe is what you see when you look up. That is all there is, nothing more.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 15 October 2015 at 3:11am

Where in the Koran does it tell you how to revive a new born baby who has stopped breathing? Does it tell you how to do CPR?

No need to. It does not cover silly things like that because CPR is just an advancement in medicine.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 15 October 2015 at 4:25am

It is entirely about basic geometry. The universe works in straight frward ways. At least it does untill you get into very extreme situations of either the very fast, very small, or very dense. That is untill you have to worry about high level physics. We don't need to. Basic stuff will work fine for us.

The Universe works in a straight forward way because of the Laws Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala set n motion. In the Qur'an He tells us that He has set a 'balance'.

The Physics that you are talking about has flaws because it assumes that the Universe is as taught to you. Meaning that there are countless suns, galaxies, quasars, black holes etc. These are all thought up by scientists who are brilliant in science fiction. Our Universe is what you see when you look up. That is all there is, nothing more.

When I look up, on a clear night, I can see Andromeda. It is a galaxy. If I get a telescope I can see more of the detail in it. If a get a vey good telescope I can see even more detail.

I can do simple tests that show that the earth rotataes.

I can but a round the world travel ticket and travel west all the way to back home.

Why are you talking such nonsense?

Date Posted: 15 October 2015 at 4:28am
Origionally posted by Abu;

No need to. It does not cover silly things like that because CPR is just an advancement in medicine.

Try to keep one thread of though going!

You said that the Koran tells us everything. Clearly CPR is important. Clearly the fact that I have had my tonsils out and as a result am still alive is important, at least to me.

The Koran does not contain all the imformation you will need to manage your life in the modern world. Unlucky.

Date Posted: 15 October 2015 at 6:58am
The Quran is like music from Dr Feelgood:
man made, the information content is similar, and in the end it is a matter of taste .

Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2015 at 2:00pm

When I look up, on a clear night, I can see Andromeda. It is a galaxy. If I get a telescope I can see more of the detail in it. If a get a vey good telescope I can see even more detail.I can do simple tests that show that the earth rotataes.I can but a round the world travel ticket and travel west all the way to back home.Why are you talking such nonsense.

When you look up you see a cluster of stars, when you use a good telescope you will see the stars bit more clearly.

Of course you can also travel around the world on a flat earth. All you are doing is going from point to point.

If you look at the map above you will see that you can go anywhere and end up where you started.

By the way, the Earth is not round but squarishly rectangular.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 17 October 2015 at 2:01pm

Try to keep one thread of though going!You said that the Koran tells us everything. Clearly CPR is important. Clearly the fact that I have had my tonsils out and as a result am still alive is important, at least to me. The Koran does not contain all the imformation you will need to manage your life in the modern world. Unlucky.

Now you are being silly.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 17 October 2015 at 2:03pm

The Quran is like music from Dr Feelgood:
man made, the information content is similar, and in the end it is a matter of taste .

Airmano

Yes I can accept that from an atheist.

Let me turn the table around.

The Qu'ran is from God Almighty, the information content is unmatched and in the end it is a Mercy to all mankind.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 18 October 2015 at 2:52am

When I look up, on a clear night, I can see Andromeda. It is a galaxy. If I get a telescope I can see more of the detail in it. If a get a vey good telescope I can see even more detail.I can do simple tests that show that the earth rotataes.I can but a round the world travel ticket and travel west all the way to back home.Why are you talking such nonsense.

When you look up you see a cluster of stars, when you use a good telescope you will see the stars bit more clearly.

Of course you can also travel around the world on a flat earth. All you are doing is going from point to point.

If you look at the map above you will see that you can go anywhere and end up where you started.

By the way, the Earth is not round but squarishly rectangular.

Nice map. It is a polar projection.

If you travel to any place further away from the North pole than the equator the sun will be in the North of the sky.

I went to Peru and found this really weird. I should have expected it but I was still thrown by it and had trouble with my sense of direction. Took some getting used to.

The stars you can se from the Southern hemisphere are also different to those in the North. The Southern cross is above the South pole and people use this as the equivalent to the pole star as a navigation aid.

How does that work if we are all facing the same "up"?

Date Posted: 18 October 2015 at 2:53am

Try to keep one thread of though going!You said that the Koran tells us everything. Clearly CPR is important. Clearly the fact that I have had my tonsils out and as a result am still alive is important, at least to me. The Koran does not contain all the imformation you will need to manage your life in the modern world. Unlucky.

Now you are being silly.

You said that the Koran has all the information you need or something similar.

Well doe sit do medicine? To what degree? Is my being alive important?

Date Posted: 19 October 2015 at 3:52am

Nice map. It is a polar projection.If you travel to any place further away from the North pole than the equator the sun will be in the North of the sky.I went to Peru and found this really weird. I should have expected it but I was still thrown by it and had trouble with my sense of direction. Took some getting used to. The stars you can se from the Southern hemisphere are also different to those in the North. The Southern cross is above the South pole and people use this as the equivalent to the pole star as a navigation aid. How does that work if we are all facing the same "up"?

Well if you are in the Northern Hemisphere then you would not be able to see the stars in the Southern Hemisphere and vice verse due to the vast distance (not because the Earth is a sphere).

If you can imagine yourself walking from the North to the South, as you cover the distance you will lose some of the stars in the North as you will only be able to see the stars directly above you or thereabouts.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 19 October 2015 at 3:54am

You said that the Koran has all the information you need or something similar. Well doe sit do medicine? To what degree? Is my being alive important?

The Qur'an has everything that a human being needs to live a pious and righteous life according to our Creator. It doesn't however have any instructions on how to perform by-pass surgery or hip replacements.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 19 October 2015 at 4:10am

You said that the Koran has all the information you need or something similar. Well doe sit do medicine? To what degree? Is my being alive important?

The Qur'an has everything that a human being needs to live a pious and righteous life according to our Creator. It doesn't however have any instructions on how to perform by-pass surgery or hip replacements.

Does it tell us how orbital mechanics work or how to build a steam turbine?

I am forced to tell you that the world around you is real. That it is often difficult to understand and that understanding it relies upon experiment and thinking. This takes time and effort.

Date Posted: 19 October 2015 at 11:22am
Quote AbuL:
It [the Quran] doesn't however have any instructions on how to perform by-pass surgery or hip replacements.
That's what I always say: The Quran does not hold any scientific miracles.

Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 19 October 2015 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Aby Loren Aby Loren wrote:

If you can imagine yourself walking from the North to the South, as you cover the distance you will lose some of the stars in the North as you will only be able to see the stars directly above you or thereabouts.

But if that were true, you would see the shapes of the constellations distorted because you would no longer be looking directly at them, but rather at an angle.  As I said earlier, you would also notice that the sun and the moon would look smaller (because they are farther away) than when they are at zenith; and (since you think they are actually two-dimensional disks, rather than three-dimensional spheres) they would also appear elliptical, rather than remaining perfect circles.

None of that actually happens.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 October 2015 at 12:29am

Nice map. It is a polar projection.If you travel to any place further away from the North pole than the equator the sun will be in the North of the sky.I went to Peru and found this really weird. I should have expected it but I was still thrown by it and had trouble with my sense of direction. Took some getting used to. The stars you can se from the Southern hemisphere are also different to those in the North. The Southern cross is above the South pole and people use this as the equivalent to the pole star as a navigation aid. How does that work if we are all facing the same "up"?

Well if you are in the Northern Hemisphere then you would not be able to see the stars in the Southern Hemisphere and vice verse due to the vast distance (not because the Earth is a sphere).

I can see stars just above the horizon. All the stars are very far away. It is very clear that the galaxies I can see are much further away than the stars I can see.

Date Posted: 20 October 2015 at 1:53am

But if that were true, you would see the shapes of the constellations distorted because you would no longer be looking directly at them, but rather at an angle.� As I said earlier, you would also notice that the sun and the moon would look smaller (because they are farther away) than when they are at zenith; and (since you think they are actually two-dimensional disks, rather than three-dimensional spheres) they would also appear elliptical, rather than remaining perfect circles.None of that actually happens.

Do you live on this Earth or somewhere far, far away?

You seem to see things that nobody else seems to see.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 20 October 2015 at 1:57am

Does it tell us how orbital mechanics work or how to build a steam turbine?I am forced to tell you that the world around you is real. That it is often difficult to understand and that understanding it relies upon experiment and thinking. This takes time and effort.

NO because those things does not help to save your soul in the next life. This concept an atheist would not ever understand.

What you are talking about is how man loves to prolongs his life, if he could he wants to live forever, clinging on to life with all his might when the after life is better and ever lasting.

People without spirituality could never understand this, hence the reason atheists keep coming back with stoopid comments.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Date Posted: 20 October 2015 at 4:34am

But if that were true, you would see the shapes of the constellations distorted because you would no longer be looking directly at them, but rather at an angle.  As I said earlier, you would also notice that the sun and the moon would look smaller (because they are farther away) than when they are at zenith; and (since you think they are actually two-dimensional disks, rather than three-dimensional spheres) they would also appear elliptical, rather than remaining perfect circles.None of that actually happens.

Do you live on this Earth or somewhere far, far away?

You seem to see things that nobody else seems to see.

No. I see the same things he does. I and everybody else.

I is you who is different from thr rest of the world.

Date Posted: 20 October 2015 at 4:36am

Does it tell us how orbital mechanics work or how to build a steam turbine?I am forced to tell you that the world around you is real. That it is often difficult to understand and that understanding it relies upon experiment and thinking. This takes time and effort.

NO because those things does not help to save your soul in the next life. This concept an atheist would not ever understand.

What you are talking about is how man loves to prolongs his life, if he could he wants to live forever, clinging on to life with all his might when the after life is better and ever lasting.

People without spirituality could never understand this, hence the reason atheists keep coming back with stoopid comments.

The problem I have with that is this;

How do you know that the after-life is any different from the before-life?

If our souls are immortal then why have you not got any memories from your existance before being born?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net