Forum Description: Pillars of Islam - Prayers, Fasting, Zakat, Hajj
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=312
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 3:03pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Witr Prayer
Posted By: Knowledge01
Subject: Witr Prayer
Date Posted: 29 March 2005 at 6:25pm
I just found out that this prayer existed but can't find any information on it.  Can someone provide a link with the exact words within the prayer are and how many rakaas are included and any other needed information.  This is a prayer I would like to perform.

Replies:
Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 29 March 2005 at 7:08pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

I just found out that this prayer existed but can't find any information on it.  Can someone provide a link with the exact words within the prayer are and how many rakaas are included and any other needed information.  This is a prayer I would like to perform.

THE WITR PRAYER

1. Witr prayer is wajib. The status of wajib is very close to that of fard. To leave out a wajib is a major sin. If a wajib is missed out, one should make qada of it as soon as possible.

2. Witr prayer comprises of three rakaats. After offering two rakaats, one should sit down and read the at-tahiyyaat. The durood should not be read. Instead, one should immediately stand up after the at-tahiyyaat. One should then read the Surah Faatihah and another Surah. Thereafter, one should say Allahu Akbar and raise one�s hands upto one�s ears (and upto the shoulders if it is a woman). The hands should be clasped again, and thereafter, the dua-e-qunoot should be recited. Thereafter, he should go into ruku, complete the third rakaat, sit down for at-tahiyyaat, durood, and a dua and then make the salaam.

3. The dua-e-qunoot is as follows:

[the dua]

All�humma inn� nasta-'�nuka wa nas-taghfiruka wa nu�minu bika wa nuthn� alaykal khayr, wa nashkuruka wal� nakfuruka wanakhla'u wa nat-ruku may yafjuruk, All�humma�iyy�ka na'budu wa laka nusall� wa nasjudu wa ilayka nas-'� wa nahfidu wa naksh� 'adh�baka wa narj� rahmataka inn� 'adh�bak al-jidda bil-kuff�ri mul-hiq.

O All�h, I seek help from You, ask forgiveness from You, and believe in You and praise You for all the good things and are grateful to You and we part and break off with all those who disobedient to You. O All�h, You alone do we worship and pray exclusively to You and bow before You alone and we hasten eagerly towards You and fear Your severe punishment and hope for Your mercy, for Your severe punishment is surely to be meted out to the disbelievers.

4. After the Surah Faatihah, another Surah should also be recited in all the three rakaats of witr prayer as has been mentioned above.

5. If a person forgets to recite dua-e-qunoot in the third rakaat, and remembers it when he goes into ruku, he should not recite it now. Instead, he should make the forgetfulness prostration at the end of his prayer. If a person reads the dua-e-qunoot after standing up from ruku, even then his prayer will be valid, but it is preferable not to do so. In any case, it will still be wajib on him to make the forgetfulness prostration.

6. If a person forgetfully reads dua-e-qunoot in the first or second rakaat, this is not considered. He will still have to recite it in the third rakaat and also make the forgetfulness prostration.

7. If a person does not know the dua-e-qunoot, he should recite the following dua: [f: any short dua]

Note: This prayer is prayed after the Isha prayer.

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 29 March 2005 at 7:20pm

As salaam alaikum,

Thank you for providing that but I will need more answers because I don't know some of the erms.

What is durood and at-tahiyyaat?

When you say "this prayer should be offered after the Isha prayer", do you mean IMMEDIATELY after or anytime after, between Isha and Fajr prayers?

What is the "salaam"?

Date Posted: 30 March 2005 at 10:25am

I m so sorry, I did not realize there were some technical terminology in the posts above.

Insha allah i will come back with detailed answers.

As for the time of witr, it can be performed anytime between Isha and Fajr, but after offering the Isha prayer.

Those who offer Tahajjud regularly, prefer to offer witr after Tahajjud.

Darood is the salams to the prophet

At-tahhyyat is the tashahhud.

and salams is the turning of head to right and left in the two shoulders to say assalamualikum wa rahmatullah .... or other variations of this.

Insha allah.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 30 March 2005 at 10:44am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister Nausheen,

Sister,congratulations!,you are going on the way of being the mother of fiqh:)));very nice nice name for you,Jazak Allah Khair for your kind works,efforts on the new muslims...Wa Salaam...

Date Posted: 30 March 2005 at 5:04pm

As salaam alaikum,

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

What is durood and at-tahiyyaat?,

Darood, or Darood Shareef, is the Farsi term for salat-o-salam on the prophet(SAW) meaning thereby, sending of peace and blessings on the prophet.

There are several forms of darood, however whithin our five daily prayers we say the following words:

Allahumma salli ala sayyidina muhammadin wa ala aale sayyidina muhammadin kama sallaita ala ibrahima, wa ala ali ibrahima innaka hamidum majeed.Allahumma barik ala sayyidina muhammadin wa ala ale sayyidina muhammadin kama barakta ala ibrahima wa ala ali ibrahima innaka hamidum majeed.

O Allah send your Mercy on our master Muhammad and his posterity as you sent Your mercy on Abraham and his posterity. You are the Most Praised, The Most Glorious. O Allah, send your Blessings on our master Muhammad and his posterity as you have blessed Abraham and his posterity. You are the Most praised, The Most Glorious".

If you have learnt the method for offering the daily prayersm you may know we send blessings on the prophet(SAW) in the end of the prayer, ie in the final sitting.

At-tahhiyat, or the tashahhud, is pronounced in the final sitting of all prayers. However, if we are offering a 4 rakat or 3 rakat prayer, then an additional sitting is required after two rakat. In this sitting as well the tashahhud is pronounced.

The words are as follows:

at-tahhyiyatu lillahi was salawatu wat tayyibatu assalamu alaika ayyihan nabbiyu wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu, assalamu alaina wa ala ibadil lahis saliheen. Ash-hadu anna la ilaha illallah wa ash hadu anna muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu.

All our oral, physical and monetary ways of worship are only for Allah.
Peace, mercy and blessing of Allah be on you, O Prophet. May peace be upon us and on the devout slaves of Allah. I testify that there is no God but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His slave and messenger.

When you say "this prayer should be offered after the Isha prayer", do you mean IMMEDIATELY after or anytime after, between Isha and Fajr prayers?

generally the isha prayer is completed with the witr ... i do this, because i do not offer tahajjud regularly. However those who are regular in tahajjud, they offer witr after their tahajjud.

Witr may be offered anytime before fajr, but after the isha prayer.

What is the "salaam"?

The prayer is completed by saying "assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu" while turnign the face, first towards the right shoulder, and then towards the left shoulder.

I hope this answers most of your concerns.

if you have a book telling you how to offer prayer, or know someone who can demonstrate it to you, it will be easier to comprehend insha allah.

May allah increse you in guidance and worshipful devotion, ameen.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:22pm

I received a book showing how to do salaat and other things and it includes witr from an imam.  It explains it differently than what has been explained in the posts above.  The posts above seem to add more than what the book does.  I will say what the book says.

1. Recite first two rakaas.  (such as in maghrib)

2. Recite tashoud

3. stand saying Allahu Akbar

4. Recite surat al-fatihah and other verse from Quran

5. Raise hands to ears saying Allahu Akbar

6. Recite dua al qunnut

7. say Allahu Akbar

8. perform ruku and finsh rest of rakaa such as in maghrib prayer.

9.  include second tashoud after third rakaa

10. say salaam

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 06 April 2005 at 1:40am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I used to pray the Salatul-Witr like sister Nausheen described it. After reading the following Fatawa I changed to praying Two Rakats and then One Rakat Insha Allah, Allah knows best.

Question :
Regarding taraaweh prayers in hanafi mosques. Witr salah is read as 3 rakahs with TWO sittings for tashahud in which salaam is not said until the last rakah (ie. the same as maghrib). Is it correct to join them in this or should we pray witr seperately?.

Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.  

It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed Witr in different ways. He prayed one rak�ah, and three, and five, and seven, and nine. And he prayed three rak�ahs in two different ways, either continuously with one tashahhud, or saying salaam after two rak�ahs and praying one rak�ah and saying salaam after it. He did not pray it like Maghrib, with two tashahhuds and one salaam. Rather he forbade doing that, and said: �Do not pray Witr with three rak�ahs like Maghrib.� Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/403; al-Bayhaqi, 3/31; al-Daaraqutni, p. 172. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in Fath al-Baari (4/301): Its isnaad fulfils the conditions of the two Shaykhs (al-Bukhaari and Muslim). 

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-�Uthaymeen said: 

It is permissible to pray Witr with three rak�ahs, or with five, or with seven, or with nine. If a person prays Witr with three, it may be done in one of two ways, both of which are prescribed in sharee�ah: 

1 � Praying the three rak'ahs continually with one tashahhud.

2 � Saying salaam after two rak�ahs, then praying one rak�ah on its own. 

Both of these are narrated in the Sunnah, so if a person does it one way sometimes and the other way sometimes, that is good. 

� 

It is permissible to say it with one salaam, but it should be with only one tashahhud and not two, because if he does it with two tashahhuds, it will be like Maghrib prayer, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade making it like Maghrib prayer.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti�, 4/14-16 

For more information please see question no. http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=26844 - 26844 and http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=3452 - 3452 , where there is a lengthy and detailed discussion about qiyaam (night prayers) and Witr.

Islam Q&A ( http://www.islam-qa.com/ - www.islam-qa.com )

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Date Posted: 06 April 2005 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed Witr in different ways. He prayed one rak�ah, and three, and five, and seven, and nine. And he prayed three rak�ahs in two different ways, either continuously with one tashahhud, or saying salaam after two rak�ahs and praying one rak�ah and saying salaam after it. He did not pray it like Maghrib, with two tashahhuds and one salaam. Rather he forbade doing that, and said: �Do not pray Witr with three rak�ahs like Maghrib.� Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/403; al-Bayhaqi, 3/31; al-Daaraqutni, p. 172. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in Fath al-Baari (4/301): Its isnaad fulfils the conditions of the two Shaykhs (al-Bukhaari and Muslim). 

1 � Praying the three rak'ahs continually with one tashahhud.

2 � Saying salaam after two rak�ahs, then praying one rak�ah on its own. 

Both of these are narrated in the Sunnah, so if a person does it one way sometimes and the other way sometimes, that is good. 

� 

It is permissible to say it with one salaam, but it should be with only one tashahhud and not two, because if he does it with two tashahhuds, it will be like Maghrib prayer, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade making it like Maghrib prayer.

Thank you for this post.  If praying 3 rakaas for witr, would I only pray the second tashuhhud which comes after the last rakaa and right before the salaam?  The second tashuhhud is longer than the first.

Or would I only recite the first tashuhhud which comes after the second rakaa?

Date Posted: 07 April 2005 at 9:31am

As Salamu Alaikum

It is the second tashuhhud the longer one with at-tahiyyat, durood, and Dua then Salam as u would pray when u conclude any Salah.

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)

Date Posted: 08 April 2005 at 7:41pm
Can someone provide specific proof either from the Quran or Hadith that the way of performing Witr prayer acccording to Alwardah is the correct way to pray the witr prayer?  I ask this because I want to be 100% positive is it Sunnah. 

Date Posted: 09 April 2005 at 1:14pm

As Salamu Alaikum  Knowledge 01

Insha Allah it is Sunnah because the fatwa is from one of the good sites

Here are two Hadith which will help you further.

Al Bukhari Volume 002, Book 016, Hadith Number 105.

Narrated By Ibn Umar : Once a person asked Allah's Apostle about the night prayer. Allah's Apostle replied, "The night prayer is offered as two Rakat followed by two Rakat and so on and if anyone is afraid of the approaching dawn (Fajr prayer) he should pray one Raka and this will be a Witr for all the Rakat which he has prayed before." Nafi' told that 'Abdullah bin 'Umar used to say Taslim between (the first) two Rakat and (the third) odd one in the Witr prayer, when he wanted to attend to a certain matter (during that interval between the Rakat).

Volume 002, Book 016, Hadith Number 107.

Narrated By 'Abdullah bin 'Umar  : The Prophet said, "Night prayer is offered as two Rakat followed by two Rakat and so on, and if you want to finish it, pray only one Raka which will be Witr for all the previous Rakat." Al-Qasim said, "Since we attained the age of puberty we have seen some people offering a three-Rakat prayer as Witr and all that is permissible. I hope there will be no harm in it."

-------------

Date Posted: 09 April 2005 at 5:30pm
The above proof isn't exactly proof because it doesn't say anything about the tashouds and when and where to recite them in the prayer.

Date Posted: 10 April 2005 at 10:19am

Perhaps it would be good if you ask an Imam. The reason is that, am not so sure, but most of us are just ordinary muslims, some may know more than others, but we are not "authorities" over religion.

If you do not get a satisfactory answer thru discussions here, asking an Imam would be best, insha allah.

A good place I know of is http://www.sunnipath.com - http://www.sunnipath.com

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 10 April 2005 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Perhaps it would be good if you ask an Imam. The reason is that, am not so sure, but most of us are just ordinary muslims, some may know more than others, but we are not "authorities" over religion.

If you do not get a satisfactory answer thru discussions here, asking an Imam would be best, insha allah.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Sister Nausheen,let's take care the repeats of this surah;Jazak Allah Khair.Wa Salaam...

YUSUFALI: The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and the moon is cleft asunder.

YUSUFALI: But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, "This is (but) transient magic."

YUSUFALI: They reject (the warning) and follow their (own) lusts but every matter has its appointed time.

YUSUFALI: There have already come to them Recitals wherein there is (enough) to check (them),

YUSUFALI: Mature wisdom;- but (the preaching of) Warners profits them not.

YUSUFALI: Therefore, (O Prophet,) turn away from them. The Day that the Caller will call (them) to a terrible affair,

YUSUFALI: They will come forth,- their eyes humbled - from (their) graves, (torpid) like locusts scattered abroad,

YUSUFALI: Hastening, with eyes transfixed, towards the Caller!- "Hard is this Day!", the Unbelievers will say.

YUSUFALI: Before them the People of Noah rejected (their messenger): they rejected Our servant, and said, "Here is one possessed!", and he was driven out.

YUSUFALI: Then he called on his Lord: "I am one overcome: do Thou then help (me)!"

YUSUFALI: So We opened the gates of heaven, with water pouring forth.

YUSUFALI: And We caused the earth to gush forth with springs, so the waters met (and rose) to the extent decreed.

YUSUFALI: But We bore him on an (Ark) made of broad planks and caulked with palm-fibre:

YUSUFALI: She floats under our eyes (and care): a recompense to one who had been rejected (with scorn)! 

YUSUFALI: And We have left this as a Sign (for all time): then is there any that will receive admonition?

YUSUFALI: But how (terrible) was My Penalty and My Warning?

YUSUFALI: And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

YUSUFALI: The 'Ad (people) (too) rejected (Truth): then how terrible was My Penalty and My Warning?

YUSUFALI: For We sent against them a furious wind, on a Day of violent Disaster,

YUSUFALI: Plucking out men as if they were roots of palm-trees torn up (from the ground).

YUSUFALI: Yea, how (terrible) was My Penalty and My Warning!

YUSUFALI: But We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

YUSUFALI: The Thamud (also) rejected (their) Warners.

YUSUFALI: For they said: "What! a man! a Solitary one from among ourselves! shall we follow such a one? Truly should we then be straying in mind, and mad!

YUSUFALI: "Is it that the Message is sent to him, of all people amongst us? Nay, he is a liar, an insolent one!"

YUSUFALI: Ah! they will know on the morrow, which is the liar, the insolent one!

YUSUFALI: For We will send the she-camel by way of trial for them. So watch them, (O Salih), and possess thyself in patience!

YUSUFALI: And tell them that the water is to be divided between them: Each one's right to drink being brought forward (by suitable turns).

YUSUFALI: But they called to their companion, and he took a sword in hand, and hamstrung (her).

YUSUFALI: Ah! how (terrible) was My Penalty and My Warning!

YUSUFALI: For We sent against them a single Mighty Blast, and they became like the dry stubble used by one who pens cattle.

YUSUFALI: And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

YUSUFALI: The people of Lut rejected (his) warning.

YUSUFALI: We sent against them a violent Tornado with showers of stones, (which destroyed them), except Lut's household: them We delivered by early Dawn,-

YUSUFALI: As a Grace from Us: thus do We reward those who give thanks. 

YUSUFALI: And (Lut) did warn them of Our Punishment, but they disputed about the Warning.

YUSUFALI: And they even sought to snatch away his guests from him, but We blinded their eyes. (They heard:) "Now taste ye My Wrath and My Warning." 

YUSUFALI: Early on the morrow an abiding Punishment seized them:

YUSUFALI: "So taste ye My Wrath and My Warning."

YUSUFALI: To the People of Pharaoh, too, aforetime, came Warners (from Allah).

YUSUFALI: The (people) rejected all Our Signs; but We seized them with such Penalty (as comes) from One Exalted in Power, able to carry out His Will.

YUSUFALI: Are your Unbelievers, (O Quraish), better than they? Or have ye an immunity in the Sacred Books?

YUSUFALI: Or do they say: "We acting together can defend ourselves"?

YUSUFALI: Soon will their multitude be put to flight, and they will show their backs.
YUSUFALI: Nay, the Hour (of Judgment) is the time promised them (for their full recompense): And that Hour will be most grievous and most bitter.

YUSUFALI: Truly those in sin are the ones straying in mind, and mad.
YUSUFALI: The Day they will be dragged through the Fire on their faces, (they will hear:) "Taste ye the touch of Hell!"

YUSUFALI: Verily, all things have We created in proportion and measure.

YUSUFALI: And Our Command is but a single (Act),- like the twinkling of an eye.

YUSUFALI: And (oft) in the past, have We destroyed gangs like unto you: then is there any that will receive admonition?

YUSUFALI: All that they do is noted in (their) Books (of Deeds):

YUSUFALI: Every matter, small and great, is on record.

YUSUFALI: As to the Righteous, they will be in the midst of Gardens and Rivers,

YUSUFALI: In an Assembly of Truth, in the Presence of a Sovereign Omnipotent.

Date Posted: 14 April 2005 at 9:25am

Jazak allah khair for your post Brother Suleyman.

Indeed reading the Quran with "Tadabbur", ie; reflection is in everyone's capacity.

The matter on this thread however, was different.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 14 April 2005 at 11:24am

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Sister,the issue is same and i don't know how to tell;this is my problem in english...no problem...Take care:)

Posted By: Deus
Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 8:44pm

The above proof isn't exactly proof because it doesn't say anything about the tashouds and when and where to recite them in the prayer.

I think it will be tough finding such a precise hadith, which explains in detail how the witr prayer (or any prayers for that matter) is performed.

Date Posted: 16 July 2005 at 7:43pm
It's all good.  I know how to perform witr according to sunnah now.

Posted By: brother93
Date Posted: 08 March 2012 at 8:02pm
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in the hadeeth narrated by al-Haakim (1/304), al-Bayhaqi (3/31) and al-Daaraqutni (p. 172), and which was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

According to this hadeeth the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Do not pray Witr with three rak�ahs that resemble Maghrib.� What he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) meant, as the scholars have explained, was that we should not sit to recite the first Tashahhud in a manner that resembles Maghrib. See Fath al-Baari by Ibn Hajar, 4/301. al-Haafiz said: Its isnaad is saheeh according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari and Muslim. See also �Awn al-Ma�bood, commentary on hadeeth no. 1423; Salaat al-Taraaweeh by al-Albaani, p. 97.

Posted By: AMIN2002
Date Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:06pm
As-Salaamu 'Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu,

Dear Sister,

Very detailed description of the WITR Prayer. Ma'sha Allah.

HOWEVER...

sad to say you DON'T cite/quote THE SOURCE of the information you provide. (!)

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for ANY MUSLIM
(following the Prophetic Tradition (as-Sunnah) and the Manhaj (Methodology of the rightly-guided "Salaf" (Generations))
to ACCEPT ANYTHING you have just mentioned
Because Islam is based on "science" (correct Methodology) every statement requires CITATIONS/ REFERENCES (for verifiable/checkable sources/proofs used)

IT IS FORBIDDEN for ANY MUSLIM(A)to simply follow "blindly" what someone advises or recommends
(With all respect, WE don't even know you YOU ARE sister! We have not got your credentials/ or who=which reputed scholar you have studied under)
The Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallalahu 'aleihi wassalam) and the methodology of the as-Sahaba (Companions) is such:
It is NOT PERMISSIBLE (LAWFUL) for anyone to talk or act without SOUND KNOWLEDGE.

So sister,
please kindly state your sources (so your readers can "verify" if the knowledge/info you offer is SOUND (SAHIH)

Jazaak Allahu Khairan

Follow

Posted By: AMIN2002
Date Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:31pm
As-SAlaamu 'Aleikum akhi,

Dear brother Suleyman,

I fear that in your effort to make your point YOU sadly SEEM TO HAVE MISSED A GREAT POINT STILL...

From my humble understanding of God's religion and the prophetic tradition
IT IS NOT LEGISLATED (PERMISSIBLE/LAWFUL) for any Muslim to speak, act or interpret anything without SOUND KNOWLEDGE.
"� The best of speech is the Book of Allah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (sallalahu 'aleikhi wassalam). The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation (bid'ah)is a going astray." (Reported by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh).

Please brother (no offence meant here) stick to Sound (Sahih) knowledge and do not pretend to know better.
Interpreting your own way around Islam by picking and choosing isolated verses from Qu'ran is that the Sunnah (the methodology of the Prophetic tradition) ?

Jazaak Allahu Khair,

Posted By: smallkhadem
Date Posted: 15 March 2016 at 10:30am
Full http://www.facebook.com/smallkhadem/posts/1722426781309905 - dua qunoot from here 

Posted By: TafiNami
Date Posted: 23 July 2016 at 7:01am
I try to memorize Dua Qunoot. But at now what should I do in witr prayer?

Posted By: TafiNami
Date Posted: 23 July 2016 at 7:02am
That's a good news Smile Smile Smile . Can you also tell this to us ?
Jajak Allah Khar

Posted By: Ahmad Abdillah
Date Posted: 26 December 2017 at 7:20am
https://sites.google.com/site/islaamicprayer/duaas-for-the-salat-namaaz/dua-for-qunut-in-the-witr-prayer

Islamic Prayers "Rabbi ibni lee AAindaka baytan fee aljannati'' My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise''

Search this site
Duaas for the Salat (namaaz)‎ > ‎
Dua for Qunut in the Witr prayer
Transliteration
Allaahum-mahdinee feeman hadayta, wa 'aafinee feeman 'aafayta, wa tawallanee feeman tawallayta, wa baarik lee feemaa 'a'atayta, wa qinee sharra maa qadhayta, fa'innaka taqdhee wa laa yuqdhaa 'alayka, 'innahu laa yathillu man waalayta, [wa laa ya 'izzu man 'aadayta], tabaarakta Rabbanaa wa ta'aalayta.
Translation
O Allah, guide me with those whom You have guided, and strengthen me with those whom You have given strength. Take me to Your care with those whom You have taken to Your care. Bless me in what You have given me. Protect me from the evil You have ordained. Surely, You command and are not commanded, and none whom You have committed to Your care shall be humiliated [and none whom You have taken as an enemy shall taste glory]. You are Blessed, Our Lord, and Exalted.
اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ، وَعَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعطَيْتَ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ، فَإِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلَا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ، إِنَّهُ لَا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ، [وَلَا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ]، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَتَعَالَيْتَ
Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasa'i, At-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, Ad-Darimi, Al-Hakim, and Al-Bayhaqi. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmidhi 1/144, Sahih Ibn Majah 1/194, and 'Irwa'ul-GhaW. 2/172.
Dua
Transliteration
Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu biridhaaka rain sakhatika, wa bimu'aafaatika min 'uqoobatika, wa 'a'oothu bika minka, laa 'uhsee thanaa'an 'alayka, 'Anta kamaa 'athnayta 'alaa nafsika.
Translation
O Allah, I seek refuge with Your Pleasure from Your anger. I seek refuge in Your forgiveness from Your punishment. I seek refuge in You from You. I cannot count Your praises, You are as You have praised Yourself.
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِرِضَاكَ مَنْ سَخَطِكَ، وَبِمُعَافَاتِكَ مِنْ عُقُوبَتِكَ، وأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْكَ، لَا أُحْصِي ثَنَاءً عَلَيْكَ، أَنْتَ كَمَا أَثْنَيْتَ عَلَى نَفْسِكَ
Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasa'i, At-Tirmidhi, Ahmad. See Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmidhi 3/180, Sahih Ibn Majah 1/194, and 'Irwa'ul-Ghalil. 2/175.
Dua
Transliteration
Allaahumma 'iyyaaka na'budu, wa laka nusallee wa nasjudu, wa 'ilayka nas'aa wa nahfidu, narjoo rahmataka, wa nakhshaa 'athaabaka, 'inna 'athaabaka bilkaafireena mulhaq. Allaahumma 'innaa nasta'eenuka, wa nastaghfiruka, wa nuthnee 'alaykal-khayr, wa laa nakfuruka, wa nu'minu bika, wa nakhdha'u laka, wa nakhla'u man yakfuruka.
Translation
O Allah, You alone do we worship and to You we pray and bow down prostrate. To You we hasten to worship and to serve. Our hope is for Your mercy and we fear Your punishment. Surely, Your punishment of the disbelievers is at hand. O Allah, we seek Your help and Your forgiveness, and we praise You beneficently. We do not deny You and we believe in You. We surrender to You and renounce whoever disbelieves in You.
اللَّهُمَّ إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ، وَلَكَ نُصَلِّي وَنَسْجُدُ، وَإِلَيْكَ نَسْعَى وَنَحْفِدُ، نَرْجُو رَحْمَتَكَ، وَنَخْشَى عَذَابَكَ، إِنَّ عَذَابَكَ بِالْكَافِرِينَ مُلْحَقٌ. اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّا نَسْتَعِينُكَ، وَنَسْتَغْفِرُكَ، وَنُثْنِي عَلَيْكَ الْخَيْرَ، وَلَا نَكْفُرُكَ، وَنُؤْمِنُ بِكَ وَنَخْضَعُ لَكَ، وَنَخْلَعُ مَنْ يَكْفُرُكَ
Al-Bayhaqi graded its chain authentic in As-Sunan Al-Kubra. Al-Albani said in 'Irwa'ul-GhaliL 2/170 that its chain is authentic as a statement of 'Umar.