Print Page | Close Window

Psalms of David

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30279
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 9:23pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Psalms of David
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: Psalms of David
Date Posted: 13 July 2014 at 11:10pm

Psalm 120

My soul hath too long dwelt with him that hateth peace.

I seek peace, and when I speak thereof, they are bent to war.

Psalm 120:
5 Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
6 My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.
7 I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Replies:
Date Posted: 15 July 2014 at 11:10am
Psalm 122

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.

For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.

-------------
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Date Posted: 19 July 2014 at 12:30am
Psalm 133 (NLT)
How wonderful and pleasant it is
    when brothers live together in harmony!
For harmony is as precious as the anointing oil
Harmony is as refreshing as the dew from Mount Hermon

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Posted By: kodoo
Date Posted: 18 August 2014 at 3:15am
Psalms of Islam:

http://www.hajij.com/library/component/k2/item/293-the-psalms-of-islam-al-sahifa-al-sajjadiyya - al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiya - Psalms of Islam - PDF e-book

http://www.al-islam.org/sahifa/ - Al-Sahifa Al-Sajjadiya - the Psalms of Islam

http://www.alseraj.net/maktaba/kotob/english/Supplications/AS-SAHIFAAL-SAJJADIYYA/sahifa/ - AS-SAHIFAAL-SAJJADIYYA - Psalms of Islam

Date Posted: 05 October 2014 at 10:05pm
Psalm 83 (of the Psalms of David... i.e., Zabur)

They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:

The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;

Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;

Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.

the Psalms, not prophetic ?

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 06 October 2014 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Psalm 83 (of the Psalms of David... i.e., Zabur)

They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:

The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;

Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;

Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.

the Psalms, not prophetic ?

LOL Christian Zionists are always trying to justify their support of the apartheid state of Israel, so they look for "prophecies" (just like they look for prophecies of their man-god Messiah) in the Tanakh.

The main problem with identifying Psalm 83 with the current Arab-Israeli conflict is that the verse in bold (...that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance) simply cannot be applied to Arabs or Muslims in general since the name "Israel" is mentioned many times in the Quran.  It is  the name of the Prophet Jacob and the Jews are routinely referred to as the "Children of Israel", so how exactly would this "prophecy" be fulfilled with regard to the Muslims? Confused

The other problem is that by alluding to the specific "nations" like Gebal and Tyre, the Psalm can be clearly read in the historical context in which it was written.  Gebal and Tyre were both nations in present-day Lebanon.  So, if the Psalm was supposed to be a "prophecy" about some future war, why didn't the Psalmist just mention Lebanon, instead of the names of two nations that occupied Lebanon 3,000 years ago?  So, instead of saying "...Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre", why didn't the Psalmist just say "Lebanon and Ammon and Amalek; the Phillistines with the inhabitants of Lebanon"?   

The same contradiction exists with many of the other nations, like Ammon, Moab, Edom, etc.  All of these nations occupied parts of modern-day Jordan (which actually has a peace treaty with Israel). 

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 10 October 2014 at 10:42pm
islamispace,

Have you read the book of Ezekiel?
the book of Daniel?

asalaam,
CH

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 11 October 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

islamispace,

Have you read the book of Ezekiel?
the book of Daniel?

asalaam,
CH

These books also need to be read in their historical context.  For example, Daniel 8 refers to a crisis involving the king of Greece, identified as the "goat" (Daniel 8:21).  This may be a reference to the Seleucid king Antiochus IV, who persecuted the Jews and seized the temple in Jerusalem and rededicated it to Zeus.   

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 18 February 2015 at 7:23pm
adding to the thread: wanted to put in the quotes thread, but maybe it fits better here;
Proverbs of Solomon

10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:

12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:

13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:

14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:

15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

17 Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.

18 And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.

19 So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:

21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

He who has Wisdom to understand, let him understand.
asalaam and blessings,
CH

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net