Forum Description: It is devoted for Science & Technology
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2964
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 1:12pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: cube (ka�aba) the house
Posted By: Community
Subject: cube (ka�aba) the house
Date Posted: 12 November 2005 at 9:51pm

The word "ka'aba" is arabic for "cube" you can see they have a linguistic connections.

5:97.Allah made the Ka'ba(the cube), the Sacred House, an asylum of security for men, as also the Sacred Months, the animals for offerings, and the garlands that mark them...That ye may know that Allah hath knowledge of what is in the heavens and on earth and that Allah is well acquainted with all things.  [Chapter the table]

Ja'ala Allahu alka'bata albayta alharama qiyaman lilnnasi waalshshahra alharama waalhadya waalqalaida thalika lita'lamoo anna Allaha ya'lamu ma fee alssamawati wama fee alardi waanna Allaha bikulli shayin AAaleemun

This part of the verse is reason for questions and investigation and i would apriciate your participation in seeking answers and understanding

"That ye may know that Allah hath knowledge of what is in the heavens and on earth and that Allah is well acquainted with all things."

Allah makes it known that the "haraam" or sacred house as is translated is a cube, He does not refer to the stone which lays in one of it's corners in His book but He does make the form of the "haraam" known as being a cube(ka'aba).

Some thoughts : What is a cube?

A cube is a three-dimensional figure having six matching square sides.

A cube in space does not have an up, down, left or right as it would on a surface, same goes for a sphere but unlike a sphere(round) it has 6 sides and 8 corners.

6 is considered a perfect number. 1+2+3 is 6 and 1x2x3 is also 6.

8 http://www.britannica.com/memberlogin - The number 8 is generally considered to be an auspicious number by numerologists.. The square of any odd number, less one, is always a multiple of 8 (for example, 9 - 1 = 8, 25 - 1 = 8  3, 49 - 1 = 8  6), a fact that can be proved mathematically.

8 and 6 represent space and time. "saa'a" is arabic for a period of time or more commonly known as 1hour, it comes from the word "sa'iy" which means "traverse" as in motion and since the square of any odd number, less one, is always a multiple of 8 i conclude 8 represents space, and 6 represents time because time is what is traversed and not space. There must be certain knowledge why 6 represents time and in what way it does this.

The ka'aba is black because of the garlands, garlands are also mentioned by Allah in the verse above. If we compare the ka'aba and the faithful dressed in white circling it during the hajj (visit with a purpose) it brings the thought of stars and planets going around a point of gravity, a black hole. But we have to remember the words that are written on those garlands. Laa ilaha illa Allaha. There is no godly being except Allaha.

garlands.

5:98 Know ye that Allah is strict in punishment and that Allah is Over and again forgiving, compassionate.

5:99 The sent one's duty is but to proclaim. And Allaho knoweth all that ye reveal and ye conceal.

Replies:
Date Posted: 12 November 2005 at 9:53pm
5:100 Say: "Not equal are things that are bad and things that are good, even though the abundance of the bad may dazzle thee; so fear Allah, O ye that understand; that (so) ye may prosper."

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:26pm
To what argument do you have that suggest 6 is a pefect number?

Date Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:42pm
well, it is considered a perfect number because 1+2+3=6 and also 1 times 2 times 3 is also 6. It is the lowest perfect number.

Date Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:11pm
I must say it is called a perfect number, what would you call this number yourself by looking at it's "conincidential" characteristics.

Date Posted: 15 November 2005 at 4:36pm
There is no perfect  number so long as the numeric table resides in the human language! I believe that if there were a number(s) to be perfect I'd say 99. first off simple math tells us that 1 is the beginning of the numeric table excluding zero since zero is not a number. 9 being perfect because it ends the numeric table or serves as a transition from single to double digits hence 99.

Date Posted: 15 November 2005 at 7:59pm

perfect is 1.

Date Posted: 15 November 2005 at 8:13pm
?

Date Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:15pm

Community now you've contradicted yourself. Which number is perfect 1 or 6? In my last post I declared that there is no perfect number so long as numbers are in the language of humans. Math of course ins universal and infinite in the sense of our language and understanding of reality but there is no numeric system which is perfect in the sense that can be allocated to divine providence. I used 99 as the closes as I mentioned before as we see in the numeric table that from 1 which is the beginning of the sequence to 9 which is the ending of the sequence are perfect.

Community you must examine the argument.

1 being the beginning of a sequence of numbers sets the sequence in which all numbers afterwards follows. 9 being the ending sequence ends the chain. Also in addition to my argument that numbers aren't perfect I would also like to mention that since numbers are infnite there is no definite conclusion to any perfect number. Because there is always a number that is bigger we therefore can conclude that there are a series of infinite solutions hence no numbers conceivable are perfect. I've heard Muslims use 7 as 7 resembles the levels of the heavens but even then that argument is flawed. In truth no one is perfect except God almighty.

Posted By: firewall
Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 5:10am
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

i shakily remember my lecturer, she's has a PhD in Math or something like that, tells me the cube is mathematically a perfect shape. thus one reason why the Ka'abah is perfect. i don't know about cubes & maths, so i just have to take her word. still i do love that muslims tawaf around the Kaabah. it's like the other natural order in this universe -- i.e. the orbits. isn't it amazing...

wallahu a'lam.

Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 10:49am

Firewall well that is in regards to gemoetrical shapes then yes you can say a cub or some other object with even sides are perfect. A cube is 3 dimensional (or four?)so yes I would say its perfect. But as for the number 6 it by itself is not perfect as no number on the numeric table is.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net