Print Page | Close Window

Quran

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27928
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 8:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Quran
Posted By: jgnana
Subject: Quran
Date Posted: 17 February 2014 at 7:21pm
What was the holy book before Quran? Which book people followed before Quran? Was there any prediction about Quran and Mohammed?

Replies:
Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 19 February 2014 at 3:36pm
The Quran is for all mankind and for all time.  The previous books were only for specific people and time.  For example, the Torah was revealed to Moses (peace be upon him) who was sent to the Children of Israel.  The Quran supercedes all the previous books. 

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Posted By: Al Saadiqeen21
Date Posted: 19 February 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by jgnana jgnana wrote:

What was the holy book before Quran? Which book people followed before Quran? Was there any prediction about Quran and Mohammed?

Some Muslims Ignore the fact that throughout The Holy Qur'aan , It keeps referring back to the previous Scriptures . It makes refrence to As Shuf ( the Pure Pages ) , [ The Holy Qur'aan 80 ; 13 , 98 ; 21 ] , Al Hikmah ( the Wisdom ) , [ The Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 48 ] , At Tawraah ( the Torah ) , [ The Holy Qur'aan 3 ;3 , 48 , 5 ; 46 , 68 ] , Al Injil ( the Evangel , Revelation ) , [ The Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 3 , 48 , 5 ; 46 -47 , 68 , 57 ; 27 ] and the Books or Scriptures sent to the Prophet ( Pbut ) . http://historum.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fjannah.org%2Fquran%2F - Click here: The Holy Quran - English Translation - Islam:

The Holy Qur'aan 2;41 Revealed In The Year 624 - 626 A.D. Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , In Part , And Be Faithful And Loyal To What I ( Allah ) Sent Down ( The Quraan ) It Is The Truth Confirming What Is Already With You ( As Suhuf , Al Hikmah , At Tawraah , Az Zabuwr , Kitaabu Barnaabaa , Al Injil ) .

The Holy Qur'aan 2;89 Revealed In The Year 624 - 626 A.D. Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , In Part , And When The Scriptures ( The Qur'aan ) Had Come To Them From Allah , Confirming
( As Suhuf , Al Hikmah , At Tawraah , Az Zabuwr , Kitaabu Barnaabaa , Al Injil ) .

The Holy Qur'aan 2;91 Revealed In The Year 624 - 626 A.D. Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , In Part , .... And they Conceal What They Know To Be True ( The Qur'aan )With What Is Behind It While It Is The Indisputable Fact . Confirming What Is Already With Them .

The Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 81 Revealed In The Year 625 - 627 , In Part , Then When One Sent ( Muhammad ) Came To You , Confirming What Was Already With You All .

The Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 84 Revealed In The Year 625-627 , In Part , Say ( Muhammad ) We ( Me And My True Followers ) Have Faith In ( Allah ) And What Was Sent Down ( The Qur'aan )To Us , And What Was Sent Down To Abraham And Ishmael ( Abraham Was Given 10 Pages Of Suhuf ) And Isaac And Jacob And The Tribes ( Israelites And Ishmaelites ) And What Was Given To Moses ( The Torah ) , And Isa ( The Evangel Revealtion ) And The Newsbearers From Their Sustainer .

[ Also see The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 101 , 3;3 , 3;39 , 4;47 , 5; 46 , 5 ; 49 , 6; 92 , 35 ; 31 , 37 ; 52
, 46 ; 12 , 46 ; 30 ] http://historum.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fjannah.org%2Fquran%2F -
The reason that The Qur'aan begins with the statement '' Iqraa '' to read '' is because it is the foundation of any True Muslims faith and knowldge and is based on the ability to read the Scriptures . Then Holy Qur'aan 43 ; 4 , clearly specifies that it is not talking about one particular Scripture , but in actuality , it is talking about all of the Scriptures .

1. The Suhuf -arabic , [ 100 ] The Pages ) .
a . 10 pages called '' The Book of Life , Kitaabui Hayaah ) , received by the Prophet Adam ( 4026 - 3096 B.C.E. ) in East of Eden in the year 3126 B.C.E.

b. 50 page called ''The Book of Sin'' , Kitaabul Ithm ) , received by the Prophet / Apostle Seth ( 3404 - 3039 B.C.E. ) in East of Eden ( Mecca ) in the year 3776 B.C.E .

c. 30 pages called ''The Book of Time , Kitaabul Saa'ah ) , received by the Prophet / Apostle Enoch ( ( 3404 - 3039 B.C.E. ) in East of Eden ( Mecca ) in the year 3284 B.C.E.

d. 10 pages called ''The Book of Generation , Kitaabul Milaad , received by the Prophet / Apostle Abraham ( 2078 -1903 B.C.E. ) in the land of Canaan in the year 1958 B.C.E.

2. Al Hikmah -arabic , The Wishdom ) 19 books received by the Prophet Luqmaan [ Leummim ] ( 1791 -1671 B.C.E. ) in the Sinai Desert , in the year 1671 B.C.E.

3, At Tawraah -arabic , The Torah ) also called the Pentateuch ] 5 books received by the Prophet / Apostle Moses ( 1593 -1473 B.C.E. ) and his brother, the Prophet Aaron ( 1596 -1473 B.C.E., between the years of ( 1512-1473 B.C.E.).

a) Genesis , At Takwin ) Which means ''Origin'' was given to the Prophet / Apostle Moses in Syraic ( Ancient ) Arabic at the age of 80 in the wilderness ,In 1512 B.C.E. This book contains the account of man's creation , the great flood of the Prophet / Apostle Noah's ( 2970 -2020 B.C.E. ) , son of Lamech , time and a large record of early history of the Prophet / Apostle Adam ( 4026 - 3096 B.C.E ) , down to Joseph ( 1818-1708 B.C.E. ) son of Jacob ( 1018-1771 B.C.E. )

b) The Book Exodus , Al Khuruw -arabic , Which means '' Going Forth'' , The Prophet / Apostle Moses received the book in Syraic ( Ancient ) Arabic and Hebrew in the wilderness in 1512 B.C.E. This book entails recordings of the history of the Children of Israel and their journey to the land of Canaan under the leadership of the Prophet / Apostle Moses .

c) The Book of Leviticus , Al Lawin-arabic , Which means '' The Law.The Prophet / Apostle Moses received the book in Syraic ( Ancient ) Arabic while in the wilderness in 1512 B.C.E.This book entails the laws concerning morals , cleanliness , dietary habits , etc .

d) The Book of Numbers , Al Adad -arabic , Which means '' Counting the People '' The revelation received by The Prophet / Apostle Moses in 1512 . This book entains the kaws entails the laws concerning morals , cleanliness , dietary habits , etc .

e ) The Book of Deuteronomy At Tathniyah -arabic , Literally means ''The Repetition of the Law'' This book was given to The Prophet / Apostle Moses in Syriac Arabic in the Plains of Moab during 1473 B.C.E This book contains accounts of the end of The Prophet / Apostle Moses days with the rebellions Israelites and the begining of their destruction . The last two chapter of Deuteronomy was received by his brother , the Prophet Aaron ( 1596 -1473 B.C.E. )

4. Az Zabuwr 'arabic , The Psalms ) 150 books of which 73 were received in 1037 B.C.E by the Prophet David ( 1107 -1007 B.C.E ) in the valley of Elah , in the land of Judah . Two books were received by the Prophet Solomon , twelve to the sons of Korah , twelve to Asaup , one to Herman , one to Ethan , and one to The Prophet / Apostle Moses which was kept in Ethiopia . The Egyptian Prophet Ankh Aton ( 1367 -1340 B.C.E. ) also possessed a Psalms received inthe Hemito Semetica language .

-------------
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Date Posted: 20 February 2014 at 8:21pm
what is this sir? how do you say all time. before mohammed, god has the world and many human beings were there. before mohammed what was the procedure to worship god and what information about god, his place were reveled for the whole world? what was the common scripture before Quran? how people before mohammed attained salvation?

Date Posted: 20 February 2014 at 8:25pm
Please let me know what s atma? what is its nature?

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:31am

what is this sir? how do you say all time. before mohammed, god has the world and many human beings were there. before mohammed what was the procedure to worship god and what information about god, his place were reveled for the whole world? what was the common scripture before Quran? how people before mohammed attained salvation?

LQQk like someone can't read O-well !

-------------
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:18pm

What do you mean "what is this"?  You asked a question, and you got an answer.

When I said that the Quran is for all time, obviously I mean from the time of its revelation until the Day of Judgment. 

Islam is not a new religion.  It was the religion of all the prophets and their people.  That is because all the prophets brought the same message of monotheism.  They also brought books, such as the Taurat, the Injil, the Zabur etc.  The message was the same in all of these books.  People were required to worship only Allah, to fast, to pray and to give charity.  That is how they would achieve salvation.  Now that the final revelation, the Quran, has come, all people are required to believe in it.  It is the only way to salvation.  The Quran states:

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good)." (Surah Al-Imran, 3:85)

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:20pm

Please let me know what s atma? what is its nature?

I have no idea what you are talking about.  There is no such thing as "atma" in Islam.  Maybe you are not spelling it right.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:37pm
What is monotheism as per islam? can you please elaborate?

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 7:18pm
From where is the second opinion comes (including that evil)?

Date Posted: 22 February 2014 at 11:06am

What is monotheism as per islam? can you please elaborate?

Islamic monotheism is to testify that there is no god but Allah (swt).  He has no partners or equals.  He alone is the Creator and Master.  He is the King of all the universe.  Surah Al-Ikhlas (112:1-4) summarizes Islamic monotheism is four short verses:

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him."

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2014 at 11:06am

From where is the second opinion comes (including that evil)?

I don't know what you mean.  What "second opinion" are you talking about?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 February 2014 at 11:10am
God is one, no doubt about that. but who are we? what is our relationship with him? if allah and we are seperated eternally, how do you say, monotheism? can you please answers little elaborate for the below questions?

1. What is the relation between Allah and living entities in this world?
2. How we forgot that and how what is the process to attain that?

Date Posted: 23 February 2014 at 7:29am
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

What do you mean "what is this"?  You asked a question, and you got an answer.

When I said that the Quran is for all time, obviously I mean from the time of its revelation until the Day of Judgment. 

Islam is not a new religion.  It was the religion of all the prophets and their people.  That is because all the prophets brought the same message of monotheism.  They also brought books, such as the Taurat, the Injil, the Zabur etc.  The message was the same in all of these books.  People were required to worship only Allah, to fast, to pray and to give charity.  That is how they would achieve salvation.  Now that the final revelation, the Quran, has come, all people are required to believe in it.  It is the only way to salvation.  The Quran states:

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good)." (Surah Al-Imran, 3:85)

As Salamu Alaykum , Islamispeace VERY good  point , This person jgnana have no knowldge of what he speak , He  trying to Sabotage the post nomore noless , With is silly statements

-------------

Date Posted: 23 February 2014 at 2:15pm

God is one, no doubt about that. but who are we? what is our relationship with him? if allah and we are seperated eternally, how do you say, monotheism? can you please answers little elaborate for the below questions?

1. What is the relation between Allah and living entities in this world?
2. How we forgot that and how what is the process to attain that?

What does monotheism have to do with being separated from Allah?  Allah is above His creation., yet we can still come near Him by worshiping Him.

Allah is the Creator.  We are the creation.  That is our relationship to Him.

Many of us have "forgotten" this due to various reasons.  Some of it is due to our own pride and sinfulness and some of it is due to the way we are raised. 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 February 2014 at 8:01am
Good sir, then it should not be mono correct? There are two things, God and his creation. These two was there without beginning and the same two are present now also and the same two will continue forever also. Then it should not be mono, it is dual. Do you agree? Note: There is no question of single god now. I also don't believe second god.

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 26 February 2014 at 7:52pm
@jgnana the relation between Allah and his creation is that all creation work according to his will,Allah says in Qur'an in ch 51 v 56 that Allah had created humans and jinns only to worship him.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net