Print Page | Close Window

Prophet Muhammad in the Old Testament

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27695
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 1:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Prophet Muhammad in the Old Testament
Posted By: White*Knight
Subject: Prophet Muhammad in the Old Testament
Date Posted: 24 January 2014 at 3:26am
Peace and God's blessing be upon you....

Though the bible had been distorted over time, there are some passages in it that mention prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and God's true religion, Islam. In that thread, we'll discuss only one of these innumerable passages concerning Islam and its great prophet (PBUH).

In chapter 42 of the book of Isaiah (which is regarded as one of the longest books in not only the Old Testament, but the whole Bible), we'll find Isaiah the prophet telling us ,through God's inspiration, about the awaited prophet whose followers will praise the Almighty in the land inhabited by Kedar (son of Ishmael), here's the text in the King James Bible:-

" 1- Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

10 Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

11 Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

12 Let them give glory unto the LORD, and declare his praise in the islands."

In the aforementioned verses, we'll find that God Almighty would send to the Gentiles (those who are not Jews and don't belong to sons of Israel) a good-natured, chivalrous and great prophet who would spread Justice and peace across the entire globe. The followers of that prophet will praise the Lord in the land inhabited by the Arab.

Verses 11  is the crux of the passage, as it says: "Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains"

According to the book of Genesis , Kedar is one of the sons of Ishmael who had lived in the Arabian peninsula (between Havilah and Shur). Here's the text in the book of Genesis (chapter 25):-

13 And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,

14 And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,

15 Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:

16 These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.

17 And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people.

18 And they dwelt from Havilah to Shur, which is before Egypt, as thou goest toward Assyria: and he died in the presence of all his brethren.

%5b​IMG%5d

Undoubtedly, Kedar and the Ishmaelite dwell in the Arabian Peninsula, in which prophet Muhammad was born and God inspired him; which makes it clear that the Bible assures us that the Arabian Peninsula is the cradle of God's awaited prophet and his chosen servant, Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him). Smile%20...%20Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20Shift+A%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20all%20images%20on%20this%20page.

Replies:
Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 25 January 2014 at 4:45am
Asalaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Excellent article!

The Christians have us believe that the passages you've quoted refer to Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) but it does not make sense but makes perfect sense if it is related to Prophet Mohammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala also states that the land between the Nile and the Euphrates are blessed and if one looks at a map, the Arabian Peninsula is right smack in the middle.

Salaam

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net