Print Page | Close Window

A New Study confirms that Pigs are the Source of t

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27447
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 9:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A New Study confirms that Pigs are the Source of t
Posted By: samirfaithful
Subject: A New Study confirms that Pigs are the Source of t
Date Posted: 04 January 2014 at 8:04am

This is a new study that affirms that pigs are the main source of the fatal fluvirus,H1N1, which has been threatening the lives of millions of people��.. �

Researchers in Mexico city have said that world health officials have underestimated the dangers caused by big herds as a potential source for new strains of flue and have chosen to focus on the threat represented in avian flu.

Researchers have analyzed samples taken from patients that have been infected with the new swine virus, H1N1, which has been proven to have infected more than 26000 (within almost a month of the disease outbreak). American health officials say that this number reflects just a small part of the real number of the infected patients.

Gerardo Nava of the Independent National University of Mexico and his colleagues stated in a report that was published in the "Eurosurveillance" periodicalin the internet that �this virus have most probably developed from swine flu viruses that have appeared recently.� �These results indicate that local pigs in North America might have a pivotal role in the appearance and protection of this virus.�

Universal pork industry representatives have hastened to defend pork products saying that pork doesn't constitute any threat to the lives of people. Health experts, however, pointed out that no surveillance efforts what so ever have been made to track the flu among pigs although the virus is very widespread among them and can be transmitted among them in the same manner it�s transmitting among people.

Flu viruses have also shown that they are transmitted from pigs to people and also from people to pigs. Nava and his colleagues wrote the following:

These surveillance processes also confirms the potential danger that pig herds might be the source of the coming flu virus pandemic. Although pig houses (as a mixing vessel) of H1N1were affirmed more than ten years ago, it seems that policy makers and the scientific community have underestimated it.�

�The team studied all the available genetic strains of virus H1N1 that appeared in North America during the last two years and they found that H1N1 have existed since the 1918 pandemic and that it infects both people and pigs and constantly mutates.�

The researchers haven�t found many samples and Nava said that this reflects the small number of tests that have been made to observe the flu among the pig herds adding �I think we have forgotten pig farms.�

Nava added that experts have started to call on the improvement offlu surveillance among pigs in 1998 and he demanded promoting swine tests saying that farmers, producers, and government officials must study the highly expensive possibility of mass slaughter of the infected pigs.  He also says that fast slaughter of all pig herds would help control the spread of avian flu.

Pig farmers, however, usually slow down when the flu spreads among the herds for it rarely causes a severe disease among the pigs.

Nava said that �the problem isn�t that pigs won�t die or even that they transmit the virus to people; the problem is that the virus remodels itself(in the pig�s body) and acquires a new genetic strain and new genes.� 

Nava and his colleagues said that the concentration of officials on avian flu made them ignore a more serious source for new flu viruses and that is pigs and the people who have contact with them.

Nava said that concerns about pork industry loss might have made the responsible people for these animals and for people's health overcautious adding �we understand the commercial interests.�

The American agricultural ministry said that it will start a new pilot surveillance project to search for new strains of flu viruses among pigs.

We say: All Praise to Allah

Allah, the Almighty prevented eating pork fourteen centuries ago at a time when no one knew anything about the dangers of eating pork and this proves that the holy Qur�an is the word of Allah who knows what's secret and yet what's more hidden. We glorify Allah because only recently some atheists objected saying that eating pork doesn�t cause swine flu and that it�s only transmitted through contact with pigs. However, scientifically speaking, this is inaccurate for as we have seen through this study, scientists have started to seriously search for a relationship between pig farming and pork industry on one hand and the development of this virus on the other and they admit that they haven�t studied this issue sufficiently. That�s why we say that time will undoubtedly prove the dangers of eating pork just like scientists have proven the dangers of drinking alcohol until they concluded that merely little alcohol causes damage to expectant mothers and fetal abnormalities in the mother�s womb and also causes liver and brain damage for men.

Let�s read the following Qur�anic verses:

He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of God. but if one is forced by necessity, withoutwilful    disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,� then is he guiltless. for God is Oft-forgiving most Merciful.�Baqara: 173

If Prophet Mohammad, PBUH,� was lying to God� as some claim, why did he forbid eating pork? Why did he forbid drinking alcohol? Why did he forbidshameful deeds? Science has proven the absolute cons and damage of all such things. The answer is very simple, Prophet Mohammad, PBUH, hasn�t come up with anything from his own mind, but he�s rather exactly as Allah, the exalted says in the holy Qur'an:

But when our clear signs are rehearsed unto them, those who rest not their hope on their meeting with us, say: "bring us a reading other than this, or change this," say: "It is not for me, of my own accord, to change it: I follow naught but what is revealed unto me: if I were to disobey my Lord, I should myself fear the Penalty of a Great Day (to come)." Say: "If God had so willed, I should not have rehearsed it to you, nor whould He have made it known to you. A whole life-time before this have I tarried amongst you: will ye not then understand?Who doth more wrong than such as forge a lie against God, or deny His Signs? But never will prosper those who sin.�   Yunus or Jonah: 15- 17

--------------------

By: Abduldaem Al-Kaheel

http://www.kaheel7.com/eng -

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net