Print Page | Close Window

Non-Islamic Seeker

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Introduction: Who am I?
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27123
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 10:59am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Non-Islamic Seeker
Posted By: Aponderette
Subject: Non-Islamic Seeker
Date Posted: 08 December 2013 at 7:31am
I am a wife, mother, daughter and full-time employed teacher. Raised as a Christian, I have had doubts for many years. My doubts started with the Lord's Prayer. Jesus says to pray as follows, "Our Father who art in heaven, hollowed by thy name..." As I would recite this example of prayer it occurred to me that Jesus never says holy are our names or pray in my name. Still, I diligently went to church and read my Bible. Then I came across a couple of scriptures that made me think that perhaps my concerns were justified (Mark 13:21-23; Luke 21: 7-8). Not to mention that Jesus refers to being sent not deciding to go to the world.

These have been concerns of mine for over 10 years. But what to do about them? I am from a very Christian family; husband, children and parents are all devout. How is a woman who is married to a man who believes in one thing supposed to explore something so very different? I DO believe in One God and have explored all the religions that are monotheistic. Islam is by far the most compatible with my beliefs including the role of woman. Yet, to follow one role is to be dishonest to the other.

I read the Quran in private and pray, but feel very alone. What is right in this situation? What hope is there? I try to pray and study, but to what end? I care very deeply for my family and have no desire to cause a rift.

I look forward to feedback from others: especially anyone who might be in a similar situation.

Replies:
Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 09 December 2013 at 12:54pm
I suggest that you become a Muslim, and continue reading Quran. Perhaps our Creator will also guide your family. The declaration of faith (shahadah) is simple:

http://wn.com/the_shahada,_the_testimony_of_faith_to_islam

Date Posted: 10 December 2013 at 1:06am
Thank you for your response. I will pray on your suggestion!

Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 11 December 2013 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Aponderette Aponderette wrote:

I am a wife, mother, daughter and full-time employed teacher. Raised as a Christian, I have had doubts for many years. My doubts started with the Lord's Prayer. Jesus says to pray as follows, "Our Father who art in heaven, hollowed by thy name..." As I would recite this example of prayer it occurred to me that Jesus never says holy are our names or pray in my name. Still, I diligently went to church and read my Bible. Then I came across a couple of scriptures that made me think that perhaps my concerns were justified (Mark 13:21-23; Luke 21: 7-8). Not to mention that Jesus refers to being sent not deciding to go to the world.

These have been concerns of mine for over 10 years. But what to do about them? I am from a very Christian family; husband, children and parents are all devout. How is a woman who is married to a man who believes in one thing supposed to explore something so very different? I DO believe in One God and have explored all the religions that are monotheistic. Islam is by far the most compatible with my beliefs including the role of woman. Yet, to follow one role is to be dishonest to the other.

I read the Quran in private and pray, but feel very alone. What is right in this situation? What hope is there? I try to pray and study, but to what end? I care very deeply for my family and have no desire to cause a rift.

I look forward to feedback from others: especially anyone who might be in a similar situation.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

As a former Christian I understand what you are going through, however rest assured that the only thin that will save you is Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. If you are now thinking that Islam is the right religion then you are being guided by the One Who created you. Only He can turn people to Himself.

To help you further I'd like to give you this questionnaire and tick the box that you feel is right and perhaps it will help make you decide.

1) Do you believe that there is only ONE God? Yes   No

2) Do you believe that Christianity was corrupted after the Roman Empire took control?   Yes No

3) Do you believe that the Bible has been tampered by human hands? Yes   No

4) Do you feel that there was a need for a final messenger to mankind after the corruption as described above? Yes No

5) Do you believe that we should purify ourselves before presenting ourselves before the Lord in prayer? Yes No

6) Do you believe that women should wear appropriate clothing in front of other people/strangers? Yes   No

7) Do you believe that Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) is a prophet like all the other prophets of God?   Yes   No

It is very difficult with your family situation. I remember the turmoil that I went through with thoughts going through my mind such as what will friends and family will say, will they still accept me as I am etc.
From my experience it will, of course, be a shock initially but after a while it will go back to some kind of normality. Then again my situation is completely different to yours.

Ask Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala for guidance and He is the only help that you need. In Shaa Allah He will hear you.

Salaam

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 11 December 2013 at 1:48pm
As-salaam alaikum.  It is good to hear that you feel that Islam is compatible with your beliefs.  I can understand your hesitance over how your family will react, and it  is a concern for many people in your situation.  I can't say how it must feel since I was raised Muslim, but it surely must be very difficult.  However, you must ask yourself which is more important: pleasing Allah (swt) or pleasing your family? 

I think brother Abu Loren's post is very enlightening, especially since he also had to deal with the issue of his family and friends.

I would urge you to keep praying and reading the Quran, even if it is in private.  This will help to increase your faith and your resolve, inshaAllah.  As a result, you may feel better about informing your family.  May Allah (swt) make you strong in faith and may He protect you from any doubt or fear. 

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 11 December 2013 at 1:57pm

Dear sister,
you have achieved the purpose of your life, to acknowledge that your services and worships are to be directed to none else but whom they belong, your creator, God Almighty.

You have found the map and learnt how to read it, now don't leave it there. Keep paying attention and seek God's help in showing you the path all the way. Keep reading the Quran visit your local Mosque. Most Mosques have women's groups that are very helpful. And always remember you will find people as people, so be careful and keep your direction straight and bright. God forbids us to give up hope.
As far as dealing with family, you ask Allah's help. Allah will guide you every step of the way. We are told not to cut off relationships, but our relationship to our maker is not a matter of choice unless we like to be eternally in loss. Please stay safe and let us know if you have any other question.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 12 December 2013 at 7:49am
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Date Posted: 12 December 2013 at 7:53am
I really appreciate the time you have taken to respond.

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 14 December 2013 at 3:09pm

I really appreciate the time you have taken to respond.

Hi, I saw this video a couple of days ago and thought to share it with you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gr54pYc3Ak#t=10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gr54pYc3Ak#t=10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gr54pYc3Ak#t=10

Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 21 December 2013 at 10:04am
Thank you!

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 21 December 2013 at 10:01pm

Then I came across a couple of scriptures that made me think that perhaps my concerns were justified (Mark 13:21-23; Luke 21: 7-8). Not to mention that Jesus refers to being sent not deciding to go to the world.

Greetings Aponderette,
21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
I am curious why do you have problem with these verses?

Didn't Yahshua(known as Jesus) tell His apostles ahead of time the events that would take place?

Now, if you have a problem with how, so-called, 'Christians' are practicing the faith, I can understand.  There are far more professing Christians than there are true followers.  I do not see that there is a great deal of difference in the role of woman in Christianity vs. in islam.  (Are you familiar with the Proverbs 31 woman?) 
I do see a difference however, in how the men are instructed to treat women.

Both religions call for submission to the will of God... it's just that very few are willing to do this.  But just look at the Amish... and there are those, though they may be less visible, in the secular world as well.

All you can do is to continue to study...
seek Truth and pray for God to guide you into all Truth.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (the words of Yahshua)

In stillness, listen for His voice...

10 He says, �Be still, and know that I am God; Psalm 46

Salaam and blessings to you,

Caringheart

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Posted By: Al Saadiqeen21
Date Posted: 26 December 2013 at 3:46pm

Aponderette I have discuss this same prayer in other christian fourms . And this is the true understanding / meaning of the prayer Matthew 6 ; 9-13

Our Father  ~ The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Called On Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala As '' Our Father , Not My Father .

Who Art In The Galactical Heaven ~ This Is Saying That The Creator Is Not On Earth As The So - Called Christians Teach . He Did Not Come Down As A Spirit Into The  Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Therefore He Is Not On Earth .

Holy Is Your Name ~ He Said , '' Holy '' Is The Name Of '' Our Father '' . He Did Not Say Holy Was His Name , Jesus . Holy Is The Name Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala , Ya Huwa .

Thy Kingdom Come ~  He Did Not Bring Us A Kingdom As The So-called Christians Teach . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) In His Prayer , Thy Kingdom ( Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Kingdom ) Come . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Had No Kingdom Of His Own .

Thy Will Be Done On Earth As It Is In Heaven ~ The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Did Not Say That He Was Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala '' So On Earth '' Bring The Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth . This Is The Lie Taught To Many Searching People . However , This Prayer Says Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Kingdom  Is Destined To Come .

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread ~ For Him To Say This In His Prayer , Meant That He Did Not Have The Power To Provide For Himself  Or Others Without The Help Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala . Without The Father He Could Not Do Anything Because He Was Only The Instrument Being Used . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Would Always Tell Them That He Was Not Greater Than The One That Sent Him .

And Forgive Us Our Debts , As We Forgive Our Debtors ~ This Statement Could Only Be Made By Mortal , Meaning One Who Has Trespassed On Other People . In The Story When Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Turned The Tables In The Tabernacle , He Knew It Was Wrong . He Knew It Was The Wrong Method In Dealing With These People . However , His Human Nature Overpowered Him And He Reacted With Anger .

And Lead Us Not Into Temptation ~ Here , This Verse Clearly Tells Us That Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )  Was A Regular Man That Could Be Tempted . Satan ( CH ) Knew That Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )  Was Not The Creator . The Book Of The Prophet Job ( Pbuh ) Implies How The Devil ( CH ) Addressed Our Creator In Heaven . He Spoke To Him Humbly , As A Servant , Not Like He Spoke To Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) On The Mountain . Also , The Devil ( CH ) Would Not Try To Tempt Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala , For He Knows That He Owns The East And The West ; The Entire Universe . Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )  Could Not Be The Creator  In The Flesh Because Satan ( CH ) Came To Him And Offered Him All His Eyes Could See .  Could The Creator Have Been Tempted By A City ?  Only Man  Could Be Bribed  With Such Materialistic  Want .

But Deliver Us From Evil ~ This Also Contradicts The So-called Christian Doctrine . If Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Came To Save Man , Why Would He Have To Be Delivered From Evil ?  He Was Not The Creator Or The Creator's Son , But A Mortal Man That Was Susceptible To The Temptations Of Evil .

For Thine Is The Kingdom , And The Power , And The Glory , Forever  ~ This Verse Says That Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Would Never Get A Kingdom Of His Own ( Unless Of Course Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala  Should Grant It To Him ) . This Destroys  That Myth   That The Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Came With A Kingdom , Or That His Kingdom Would Be On Earth , For '' Thine '' Means ( Your Not ( Mine ) .

Let me know what your think also .

-------------
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 27 December 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Al Saadiqeen21 Al Saadiqeen21 wrote:

Aponderette I have discuss this same prayer in other christian fourms . And this is the true understanding / meaning of the prayer Matthew 6 ; 9-13

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>Our Father� ~ The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Called On Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala As '' Our Father , Not My Father .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>Who Art In The Galactical Heaven ~ This Is Saying That The Creator Is Not On Earth As The So - Called Christians Teach . He Did Not Come Down As A Spirit Into The� Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Therefore He Is Not On Earth .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>Holy Is Your Name ~ He Said , '' Holy '' Is The Name Of '' Our Father '' . He Did Not Say Holy Was His Name , Jesus . Holy Is The Name Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala , Ya Huwa .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>Thy Kingdom Come ~� He Did Not Bring Us A Kingdom As The So-called Christians Teach . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) In His Prayer , Thy Kingdom ( Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Kingdom ) Come . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Had No Kingdom Of His Own .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>Thy Will Be Done On Earth As It Is In Heaven ~ The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Did Not Say That He Was Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala '' So On Earth '' Bring The Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth . This Is The Lie Taught To Many Searching People . However , This Prayer Says Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala Kingdom� Is Destined To Come .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread ~ For Him To Say This In His Prayer , Meant That He Did Not Have The Power To Provide For Himself� Or Others Without The Help Of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala . Without The Father He Could Not Do Anything Because He Was Only The Instrument Being Used . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Would Always Tell Them That He Was Not Greater Than The One That Sent Him .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>And Forgive Us Our Debts , As We Forgive Our Debtors ~ This Statement Could Only Be Made By Mortal , Meaning One Who Has Trespassed On Other People . In The Story When Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Turned The Tables In The Tabernacle , He Knew It Was Wrong . He Knew It Was The Wrong Method In Dealing With These People . However , His Human Nature Overpowered Him And He Reacted With Anger .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>And Lead Us Not Into Temptation ~ Here , This Verse Clearly Tells Us That Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )� Was A Regular Man That Could Be Tempted . Satan ( CH ) Knew That Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )� Was Not The Creator . The Book Of The Prophet Job ( Pbuh ) Implies How The Devil ( CH ) Addressed Our Creator In Heaven . He Spoke To Him Humbly , As A Servant , Not Like He Spoke To Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) On The Mountain . Also , The Devil ( CH ) Would Not Try To Tempt Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala , For He Knows That He Owns The East And The West ; The Entire Universe . Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )� Could Not Be The Creator� In The Flesh Because Satan ( CH ) Came To Him And Offered Him All His Eyes Could See .� Could The Creator Have Been Tempted By A City ?� Only Man� Could Be Bribed� With Such Materialistic� Want .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>But Deliver Us From Evil ~ This Also Contradicts The So-called Christian Doctrine . If Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )�Came To Save Man , Why Would He Have To Be Delivered From Evil ?� He Was Not The Creator Or The Creator's Son , But A Mortal Man That Was Susceptible To The Temptations Of Evil .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>For Thine Is The Kingdom , And The Power , And The Glory , Forever� ~ This Verse Says That Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh )�Would Never Get A Kingdom Of His Own ( Unless Of Course Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala� Should Grant It To Him ) . This Destroys� That Myth�� That The Jesus The Messiah ( Pbuh ) Came With A Kingdom , Or That His Kingdom Would Be On Earth , For '' Thine '' Means ( Your Not ( Mine ) .

<FONT face="Times New Roman Baltic" size=3>Let me know what your think also .

I couldn't understand a word of your other posts but this is a great explanation of the "Lord's Prayer".

Posted By: Al Saadiqeen21
Date Posted: 27 December 2013 at 12:59pm

Lolololol  That could be , because you don't have an open mind , your see things one way . Plus I don't follow any school of thought . Christian love the Lord's Prayers , It's one of the thing they're first taught . But never given the real overstanding of real  meaning of this prayer . This is why they accept the trinity .

Shukran Jaziylan Abu Loren

-------------
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net