Forum Description: It is devoted for Science & Technology
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2619
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 12:25am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Quran and numbers
Posted By: Deus
Subject: Quran and numbers
Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 2:06am

Ref: http://www.submission.org/miracle/endless.html - http://www.submission.org/miracle/endless.html

Many of you might've heard of this or seen it before. Quranic miracles that deal with numbers, for example, ratio of word "Land" to "Sea" gives you the 71%:29% (actual ratio of land:sea on Earth).

Has anyone here actually confirmed this? I've seen this claimed on more than one website, but they never give guidelines on how to actually confirm them numbers for ourselves.

Replies:
Posted By: Dayem
Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 8:18am

Meaning no offence, these 'numbers  miracle' actually trouble me too..there is a site in which u can search for any word and, as u might know that 'death' and 'life'(al Hayat, Al maut) come exactly 145 times:but is that really so?Check this site:http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/simple.html

Type life and then death.Watch for ur self.

Can some one tell me where is the problem?

-------------
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 3:38pm
Yes, Dayem. That is the point I'm trying to raise. If this "miracle" is fabricated, why is it still preached? Confirming it is not a simple task either, since one would have to search the terms in Arabic instead of English.

Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 10:00pm
Yeah, and I wonder y people never contradict this 'miracle' claim?

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Posted By: Community
Date Posted: 16 October 2005 at 3:36am

I heard that in the koran Adam is mentioned 23 times and 'Awaa (Eve) is mentioned 23 times. Together it's 46 which is the number of chromosomes which make up the DNA of a human being.

Alif it's number value in arabic is 1

Daal is 5

Meem is 40

these 3 letters form Adam in arabic and the number value is 46!

Date Posted: 16 October 2005 at 3:38am

Dam in arabic means blood.

Date Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:52am

Huh?

I dont deny all the numerical miracles, wat bout Life and death?Are they really mentioned 145 times?

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 16 October 2005 at 7:12pm

This is all "I've heard" and "I've read". What about "I've counted"? Can someone do us a favour and do a real count?

Community; Yes, dam does mean blood. But why is this significant? Adam itself means dust (red dust or clay).

Date Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:58pm
DNA is found in the blood.

Date Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:19pm

Hello?Any one down here knows counting?Help us!

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:14am
Adam is mentioned 25 times in the koran, and Eve the search engine would not give what i was looking for, EVEryone EVErlasting beliEVE etc,

Date Posted: 17 October 2005 at 4:17am

That's why using a computerized search in English is a little difficult.

You mentioned earlier that the name Adam in Arabic (Alif, Dal, Meem) give the number 46. Actually, Dal is number 4, so it adds up to 45, not 46.

Date Posted: 17 October 2005 at 4:29am
Quran says(somewhere) that similarity of Jesus(PBUH) in the eyes of Allah(swt) is like those of Adam(PBUH).Both of them are mentioned exactly the same no. of times.Check it!

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 17 October 2005 at 8:11pm

Dayem; I carried out a search, and I got 22 hits for Jesus, and different numbers for Adam (ranging from 25-28). How'd you search it to get the same number? And thank you for actually testing this out, the number is pretty close. That's really amazing.

EDIT: I double-checked. Adam: 25, Jesus: 25. Thanks again, Dayem. Maybe I'll work on counting the other numbers when I get some free time.

Date Posted: 17 October 2005 at 9:18pm

WELL THAT PROVES THAT THERE R MIRACLES IN QURAN.What do u say deus to this:

Where ever quran says that someone's similarity is like this or that, the no. of times they come r equal??!

Check for urself:

Quran says in surah 11, verse 1

This is a scripture whose verses are perfected and then explained.

It means that no word is wasted in Quran.

Now let us analyse.

Chapter 3, verse 159:The likenes of Jesus before Allah is as the likeness of Adam.

25 times each.

Surah 7, verse 176:The likeness of those who reject our signs is as the likeness of dog.

5 times each.

The likeness of those who take protectors other than Allah is as the likeness of spider.

A and B occurs two time each.

Now whenever Qur'an says, 'The likeness of A is not equal to those of B' then there counting is not same.Not a big-deal, u might say.But when the difference after counting comes as only one, then it is a big deal.

In 4:96 it is said that those who sit around and those who strive for the cause of Allah are not-equal.Now throughout the Quran, al-qa-idoon come 2 times, and al-mujahidoon comes 1 time.Al-qa-ideen comes 4 times and al-mujahideen comes 3 times.

6:50>Blind(Al-a'maa) and the seeing one(al-baseer) are set unequal.

Blind occurs 8 times, seer(or seeing one, depends on the transalation u r using) occurs 9 times.

13:16 depth of darkness Al-dhulumaat, and light-Al noor, r set unequal.the occurance is 14 and 13 respectively.

However in 5:100, there is an exeption.The good and the bad is said to be unequal but they come exactly 7 time each.(Al-Tayib and al-khabeeth).

The verse immidately goes on to say that you will be dazzled by the amount of the bad.In another verse(8:37) God explains that he piles the bad one on other together so as to seperate it from good.Now this is also reflected in the Quran, 'the good' is scattered throufghout the holy book, while 'the bad' are sometimes piled together two in a verse.

There are many more, but first let me verify them.

Thanx, Dayem.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 24 October 2005 at 8:23pm
I also checked the water:land ratio. I find this the most amazing.

Date Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:50pm

Originally posted by Freebird Freebird wrote:

You can forget the frequencies of the words as they need program to find them, not this method--beside there are few that match.

If you notice Chapeter 36 and chapter 50 don't have names. Ya-seen are the 2 letters located at verse one, and the name Qof is derived from the letter Qof at verse one also. These two are nameless chapters. But there are two other chapters which also don't have names, they are chapter 20 called To-Ha and chapter 38 called Sod.
So the nameless chapters are 20,36,38 and 50. When we add them the result is divisible by 9.
20+36+38+50=144.

Also the verse numbers for that chapters when add them together the result also divisible by 9.
135+83+88+45=351.

I wrote this off the memory so please check it maybe I made a mistake.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 26 October 2005 at 4:10am

Chapter 9:39

Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things.

Date Posted: 27 October 2005 at 3:06am

These are the names other than the Prophets that are mentioned in the Qur'an. The good are 7 of them, the bad are also 7--unless If you think I missed a name or two as we do make mistakes, than please let me know,  otherwise it is good, 7 and 7.
Also if say, you believe that Dhul Qornain was a messenger than that will be different story.

I hope my contributions will trigger your interest with the Qur'an.

1. Dhul Qornain
2. Imron
3. Luqman
4. Maryam
5. Tolut
6. Uzair
7. Zayd

1. Abu lahab
2. Azar
3. Fir,aun
4. Haman
5. Jaalut
6. Qorun
7. Samiri

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 27 October 2005 at 3:13am

Surah 15, Verse 33:For no statement do they bring you but We reveal the Truth to thee and the best explanation.

In the Qur'an, 'they said' in arabic is 'qaalu'.Arabic word gor 'Say' is 'qul'.Both qaalu and qul occur 332 times.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 01 November 2005 at 12:54am

Within 29 chapters that begin with mysterious letters - there are three that begin with a single letter. They are chapter 38, 50 and 68.
I have counted the letter Nun in chapter 68 manually with my hand about 4 times and chapter 38 twice. Chapter 50 I use the program.

Chapter 38 has 29 Sod
Chapter 50 has 57 Qof
Chapter 68 has 131 Nun

Total  = 217--217/7 = 31

If we put the chapters and their verses together total 341--341/11=31.

There are 4 numbers that I used for this, they are no: 7, 9, 11 and 19.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 01 November 2005 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Deus Deus wrote:

Ref: http://www.submission.org/miracle/endless.html - http://www.submission.org/miracle/endless.html

Many of you might've heard of this or seen it before. Quranic miracles that deal with numbers, for example, ratio of word "Land" to "Sea" gives you the 71%:29% (actual ratio of land:sea on Earth).

Has anyone here actually confirmed this? I've seen this claimed on more than one website, but they never give guidelines on how to actually confirm them numbers for ourselves.

This site was made by the followers of "rashad khalifa "

Rashad Khalifa may claim to be a muslim, but the claims he makes and the beliefs that he holds are unislamic and in fact they are the basis of Kufr (disbelief). A mere glance at his website would reveal this.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

http://www.islamic-paths.org/Home/English/Sects/Sects_Main.h tm
Check out the following sites:
http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=13357

http://www.islamic-paths.org/Home/English/Sects/Submitters/T rick.htm

Date Posted: 01 November 2005 at 6:14pm

anyone knows about Rashad khalifa

Date Posted: 01 November 2005 at 6:56pm
True that Rashad Khalifa is a bit controversial and I don't subscribe to all his ideas, but this is something that you and I can confirm ourselves. I've already confirmed some of those "number miracles" (the ones that don't require calculations) myself so it's not something that Rashad Khalifa is making up.

Date Posted: 01 November 2005 at 9:52pm

True that Rashad Khalifa is a bit controversial and I don't subscribe to all his ideas, but this is something that you and I can confirm ourselves. I've already confirmed some of those "number miracles" (the ones that don't require calculations) myself so it's not something that Rashad Khalifa is making up.

He changed the translation of quran to justify his number 19 theory.

Ask all the scholars; they have labelled him as "dajjal"
He claimed to be Prophet of Allah

Posted By: AhmadJoyia
Date Posted: 02 November 2005 at 11:11am

.....I've already confirmed some of those "number miracles" (the ones that don't require calculations) myself so it's not something that Rashad Khalifa is making up.

Ok!!! that may be coincidence or as you call it "Miracle", but what has all this to do with the faith and teachings of Quran? On the more, with this game of numbers, Rashad Khalifa goes beyond the limits when something doesn't match up with his theory of number 19. To resolve this, he suggests to remove certain verses from the Quran simply because his theory doesn't fit. It is this line of reasoning that is totally illogical. So my brothers, be careful once one go too far in this game that he starts believing in the game more than the script itself.

Date Posted: 02 November 2005 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

.....I've already confirmed some of those "number miracles" (the ones that don't require calculations) myself so it's not something that Rashad Khalifa is making up. <!-- Message ''"" -->

Ok!!! that may be coincidence or as you call it "Miracle", but what has all this to do with the faith and teachings�of Quran? On the more, with this game of numbers, Rashad Khalifa goes beyond the limits when something doesn't match up with his theory of number 19. To resolve this, he suggests to remove certain verses from the Quran simply because his theory doesn't fit. It is this line of reasoning that is totally illogical. So my brothers, be careful once one go too far in this game that�he starts believing in the game more than the script itself.

my points exactly

Date Posted: 02 November 2005 at 1:09pm

btw who assinated him ?

Date Posted: 02 November 2005 at 6:56pm
I'm not advocating his teachings, nor am I a supporter of his 19 theory. But these number coincidences (the ones that I mentioned and confirmed and which thus far have nothing to do with the number 19) are worth a second thought.

Date Posted: 07 November 2005 at 9:00pm

There are 10 Chapters that are using human names:

3    Ali Imron-----200
10    Yunus--------109
11    Hud----------123
12    Yusuf--------111
14    Ibrohim--------52
19    Maryam--------98
31    Luqman--------34
47    Mukhammad---38
71    Nukh (Noah)---28
111  Lahab-----------5

329---------------798

If you think there is/are more names that I missed please let me know, otherwise both results are divisible by 7. Together they are 1127 which is divisible by 7 twice.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Posted By: freebird
Date Posted: 30 November 2005 at 2:57pm

The last post was the 7th last month which is more than three weeks ago and that was from me, hello there. 

Here are the names of the angels in the Qur'an, or were angels for some of them. I know you may have an objection to it, but. Beside that please let me know if there are more. The problem with this is some of you maybe can not access this thread. If that the case than you can use PM.

1. Jibril
2. Mikail
3. Malik---- 43 : 77
4. Haroot--- 2 : 102
5. Maroot-- same as above
6. Eblees
7. Effreet--- 27 : 39

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net