Print Page | Close Window

Constant Nightmares

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25578
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 4:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Constant Nightmares
Posted By: ReturnToAllah
Subject: Constant Nightmares
Date Posted: 24 June 2013 at 6:20pm
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

Asalamu-Alaikum

I am new to this forum and this is my first time joining a forum. I joined because I am having a serious issue, and after visiting some scholars and telling my family I have not been able to get any genuine answers. Please know I am Muslim and this is not a troll question, it is a genuine concern.

I live in the U.S and because of personal reasons and because I usually get on and off on how much Ibadah I do, this has happened to me since I was a little child (i'm 30 now )

Anytime I get back on track, reading salah, reading quran etc.. I get persistant nightmares. I have always explained this as Shaitan trying to stop me from following my deen. When I tell others they say horrible things, they say im not a true muslim, they look at me with shock... So i'm hoping someone can try and give me an explanation without judging me.

Thanks.

P.S. I also dont usually sleep when I'm in wudu and dont sleep in the recommended position, could that be it?

Replies:
Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 25 June 2013 at 7:48am
Walecum As Salaam,brother the best way here is to not to share things with others,or share things with those who really want to support U.since U say U read Qur'an,I think U should read Qur'an with translation then U start feeling good and in Sha Allah u will b avoided from nightmare,remember don't stray from the path of deen,make reading 5 time salaah as your habit everyday,make reading Qur'an ur habit.Allah says in Qur'an in Surah Al Ankaboot ch 29 v 69-if u strive in the way of Allah,Allah will open pathways for you.in ch 49 v 13-Allah says a person is better than another person when he is closer to Allah,so never miss salaah.

Posted By: sabah101
Date Posted: 26 June 2013 at 5:48am
slaam i am having the same problem too which freaks me out and i had 1 today

-------------
Sabah Hussain

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:16am
Recite Ayat al kursi, last ruku of surah baqrah and last two chapters of the Quran before going to bed.
Also keep a wird going in your head when you lie down to sleep - let those words be last before you fall asleep.

hope this will help you.

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Posted By: sabah101
Date Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:23am
Thank you sister

-------------
Sabah Hussain

Posted By: nothing
Date Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:26am
Originally posted by ReturnToAllah ReturnToAllah wrote:

Anytime I get back on track, reading salah, reading quran etc.. I get persistant nightmares. I have always explained this as Shaitan trying to stop me from following my deen.

Alaikumus Salaam. I just want to add what the brother and the sister have post above.

Don't force yourself to do something (anything) beyond your ability. Don't expect reward of what you are doing and don't fear hell by your lack of it. You only do it because you like it. Read the Qur'an because you are curious of what's in it, not because you must, nor looking for reward. God's dominion does not increase by someone's prayer nor his dominions decreasing by the lack of the prayer's pray. Sit quitely in earnest and thanking God for this life you have, and contemplate how much you have seen and heard and felt during this life. Imagine if you have never been born at all - than you know nothing.

Look at the size of this known universe and know it well that we are stuck in this beautiful earth - which is - for the size of the known universe this earth is not even bigger than a grain of sand.
Does he need our prayer?

Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah. Such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect (59:21)

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, the Gracious, the Merciful (59:22)

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;-
the Sovereign,
the  Holy One, the Source of Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him. (59:23)

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise (59:24)

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Don't
expect reward of what you are doing and don't fear hell by your lack of
it. You only do it because you like it. Read the Qur'an because you are
curious of what's in it, not because you must, nor looking for reward.
God's dominion does not increase by someone's prayer nor his dominions
decreasing by the lack of the prayer's pray. Sit quitely in earnest and thanking God for this life you have, and contemplate how much you have seen and heard and felt during this life. Imagine if you have never been born at all - than you know nothing.

You've become very phylosophical of late, brother    Would you mind sharing anything particular you've been reading recently.

Just letting you know liked this part of your post much.

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Posted By: nothing
Date Posted: 05 July 2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

You've become very phylosophical of late, brother    Would you mind sharing anything particular you've been reading recently.

Just letting you know liked this part of your post much.

Although it sound like Phylosophy but actually I mean it as it is. It is not from any particular book per se but just the way I understand it.

What I meant was - everything will have consequences, good deeds produce good fruits bad deeds produce bad fruits - as by default. Than seeking rewards for each action is an act of selfish character. Would you refuse to do good deed if God says I won't reward you for doing it? I myself would still do it regardless, reward or no reward. Than again some people go to the extreme in defending Islam, yet his dominion still stay the same with their defending action or without.

So yeah it is just the way I understand life. I don't read books anymore as they are only repeating the same words from people prior to them. I don't mind scientific topic though they are always fascinating.

Posted By: anisafatima
Date Posted: 08 July 2013 at 3:15am
Assalam-O-Alyekum dear brother in my opinion you should refer to Muftih for the interpretation of dream and must recite this after Nightmare

لا حَوْلَ وَلا قُوَّةَ إلاّ بِاللهِ الْعَليِّ الْعَظيمِ

on the left side (above shoulder)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net