Print Page | Close Window

What are human beings? Just lumps of meat?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24926
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 7:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What are human beings? Just lumps of meat?
Posted By: Mahdi The Seeke
Subject: What are human beings? Just lumps of meat?
Date Posted: 23 February 2013 at 2:05pm
What are human beings? Just lumps of meat? We are divine.

You also have God within you and can become one with God.

People, please discuss the above statements. Experiential said the above and i want to know if all christians believe the same.

Replies:
Posted By: Experiential
Date Posted: 27 February 2013 at 2:14am

Hi Mahdi.

If you want to quote me that�s fine but please do so in context. See the context provided where Jesus quoted Psalm 82.6

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' ? 

If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken, what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?

Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 

John 10:34 -36

Date Posted: 28 February 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Hi Mahdi.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">If you want to quote me that�s fine but please do so in context. See the context provided where Jesus quoted Psalm 82.6

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' ?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken, what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">John 10:34 -36

so he was simply claiming what the jews were already claiming. how does that make him God.

Date Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:24pm

Read on from John 10.36-

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"? 

John 10:35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came�and Scripture cannot be set aside� 

John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 

Date Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Read on from John 10.36-

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 10:35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came�and Scripture cannot be set aside�<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN><o:p></o:p>

so now, son of God=God

john 10:34 refers to psalm 82:6 �I said, �You are �gods�;
    you are all sons of the Most High.�.

so if son of God=God, how many Gods are there?

Date Posted: 03 March 2013 at 9:57pm
Why not read John verse 10 properly.
 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 
John 10:36

There is only One God. One God with three aspects (only 3 that have been revealed to humanity at this stage anyway). God the Son is one of the aspects. It is God the Son that has been made human. We as human are only �like� gods. Not God.
Once again - "begotten" means � single of its kind; only, unique.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net