Do people realize how blessed they are?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Comments & Complaints
Forum Description: Comments & Complaints
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24588
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 6:29am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Do people realize how blessed they are?
Posted By: TG12345
Subject: Do people realize how blessed they are?
Date Posted: 05 January 2013 at 5:39pm
Hi everyone,

I understand that it can be frustrating for it to take a day or sometimes a few days for a post to show up, but I want to state that I have been on many forums, and Islamicity is one of my favourite.

As a Christian, I have posted on some Muslim forums where I have been personally attacked and my beliefs have been mocked. This has not happened here.

I admit that in the InterFaith section, at times discussions have gotten heated and I have been exposed to... and responded with... sometimes with sarcasm. My fellow Muslim debaters and I have critiqued, and sometimes intensely, each others' beliefs and sometimes approaches to debate. However, I have not once experienced any personal attacks or insults.

My posts have all been published, even if some took longer than others... without a hint or editing or censorship.

I have been on Christian forums where Muslims were treated like garbage, and on Muslim forums where Christians were treated like garbage. It is rare to find a Christian or Muslim forum where differing beliefs are not only respected, but are also allowed to be expressed.

I know one Christian forum like this, ChristianForums, which I also regard highly for these same reasons.

I have been on at least 5 different both Muslim and Christian forums where I have not seen the respect and freedom of expression that IC expresses.

I hope the posters on here realize this.

I would like to thank Islamicity for this forum, and the forum administrators.

Allahma3k.

TG12345

Replies:
Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 16 January 2013 at 4:29am
Islamicity does indeed belong to the good religious websites! There are a lot of mature people here fully capable of handling disagreements and criticism.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 04 February 2013 at 2:55am
Thank you for this post TG,

This is not just a return of formality, but sincere mention that you are one of very few Christians I have met on IC who has done his research on Islam - who does not echo just a seterotype, distorted view regarding Islam - which earns my respect.

peace,
nausheen

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Posted By: TG12345
Date Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Thank you for this post TG,

This is not just a return of formality, but sincere mention that you are one of very few Christians I have met on IC who has done his research on Islam - who does not echo just a seterotype, distorted view regarding Islam - which earns my respect.

peace,
nausheen

Salaam Alaikum, Nausheen.

Thank you for the kind words. I try to do as much research as I can before making claims about what others believe, although there is much about Islam I do not know and I am not finished with the Quran yet.

Thank you for your courtesy and politeness on this forum towards me.

Peace in Christ,
TG12345

Posted By: herber345
Date Posted: 11 December 2013 at 1:04am
I'm new in this forum website if it was happening, than I have no idea. but I'm non Muslim and I haven't seen any thing like that on my post or replies..

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net